You are not connected. Please login or register

Self Worth Part Two (Private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Self Worth Part Two (Private) Empty Self Worth Part Two (Private) Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:14 pm

Kiriraya Okamikari

Kiriraya Okamikari
He had time, plenty of time to set things up before students arrived. Fully armored inside his suit he used the armor and his own sheer strength to remove large dead trees and drag them in a formation, 4 trees in total, making a large square. These would be used as seats while the students relaxed, and for him when he needed a break. Next came the stones, building a 8x8 circle in the center of the square, which would be their fire pit. Each stone, large in to medium in size, stacked upon eachother to give a safe barrier to contain the fire.

For the first time in a while he was glad he was relatively in shape, as his breaks were reduced immensely and the time it took him to move things around was lower than estimated. He didn't know what the students would need, so he brought enough food to last the entire day in a cooler, and enough cigarettes to keep himself content for the time they'd spend there. He had a good half hour before anyone would arrive, and used the time to collect debris, dead sticks, and anything that could be used to kindle the fire.

He stepped out of his suit and allowed Genesis to take it over so that he could have time to take a smoke break while she collected material. He smoked quietly while she did so, and when there was enough resources to start a small fire he approached the pit and inhaled, exhaling a large teal breath of fire that ignited the fire.

"Genesis, is everything going as planned? How's the suit?" "Yes sir. All according to schedule. And the suit is functioning at peak performance." "Good.... Good. Glad I didn't have to bring my tools out. I'd have to carry that thing back to the school."

He spoke, finishing his cigarette and tossed the remains in the flame. They had down time now, all they had to do was wait for those who still wished to continue to arrive, though he didn't expect all of them to as he did embarrass them by speaking of their information out loud in the class, though it didn't bother him it may have bothered them. Oh well, whoever was gonna show will, whoever won't, won't.

2Self Worth Part Two (Private) Empty Re: Self Worth Part Two (Private) Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:33 pm

Fenrir

Fenrir
Fenrir watched the birds in the trees as he lay across the limb of a large oak. nearby, he heard the professor and his a.i. chat and caught a whiff of cigarettes. silently jumping from tree to tree, he made it to the clearing and locked his ankles as he swung down and hung by his feet, "hello Professor Okamikari, I'm not late am I?" He grinned as he looked around, eyes locking onto the food. He could 'hear' Fenris groan as he dropped and used a solid Glyph to flip himself *honestly, why can't you show self control?*
"That would be boring then" Fenrir said aloud as he pulled out the mask and set it in the air. He then took his jacket off and set it around the mask, making it look like an invisible person was wearing Fenris and the jacket. Fenrir sat down and Fenris moved next to him, "so what's the plan?" He winced a bit when the voice of Rose popped into his head and then faded as quickly, leaving a sense of emptiness in its wake.

3Self Worth Part Two (Private) Empty Re: Self Worth Part Two (Private) Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:51 pm

Amarante

Amarante
Amarante walked to the clearing, at least she hoped it was the right one that she was entering. The smell of smoke and the four people around..... wait. four? she counted again. Professor Okamikari,  his suit of armor. Fenrir and.... floating jacket? she cautiously walked up, making sure to keep the professor between herself and the curiosity. When she got close enough, she saw it was Fenrir's possessed mask, "hello Professor Okamikari, Genesis, pervert." She aimed the last name at the team FRAC leader, "where's the missus?" She was uncomfortable at the dorms when Fenrir and Yandere were in the same room. Unreasonable?  maybe. She had meant to ask about them but couldn't bring herself to do so. Maybe she could now that there wasn't a thousand ears from the academy. She stroked her hair, a nervous gesture, and then, "Fenrir,  why are you married to your underage cousin?"

4Self Worth Part Two (Private) Empty Re: Self Worth Part Two (Private) Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:01 pm

Faeth

Faeth
Fuyuko skipped down the trail, Rebellion on her back. She had replaced the barrel on her gun so it wasn't the one with the integrated suppressor and she had pack supersonic bullets as well as several HEAP rounds made from her semblance. She quickly found the clearing and realized that something odd was going on.

"-underage cousin."

That totally wasn't out of context. She looked around and found a seat across from everyone. She shyly sat down and pulled Rebellion around and hugged it to her. Instead of wearing the usual oversized sweater that always slipped off, she had gotten a coat that reached her knees. The sleeves were a bit long, but she had rolled them back to something manageable. The brisk fall air was invigorating and the colors of the woods at this time of day were bright as she observed the awkward silence.

5Self Worth Part Two (Private) Empty Re: Self Worth Part Two (Private) Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:41 am

Fenrir

Fenrir
He stared into the fire for a minute, "you know things with my family are...complicated. The proper answer is we get married at around twelve or thirteen and start having as many kids as we can." He pulled a flask out and took a swig, "you seem surprised that a group of people who don't respect life also don't respect social mores." He smirked and then put the flask away. He wondered how Yan's kid was doing. He was what? two now? he looked back up, "our life isn't conducive to longevity." He looked at Fenris and reached into the jacket pocket, pulling out a locket with THE picture.  He stared at it, ignoring everyone and everything. four years. He hadn't been able to bring himself to look at this for four years. The inscription was her favorite saying: we can only be what we are, nothing more, nothing less. Fenrir took a deep breath and put it on, "the other answer is that children born to younger parents are more likely to inherit powerful aura. stronger parents means stronger children." He didn't bother looking to see if they understood. either they did or they didn't, and his family had been outside the law too long for him to give a damn about justifying anything he did.

6Self Worth Part Two (Private) Empty Re: Self Worth Part Two (Private) Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:46 am

Kiriraya Okamikari

Kiriraya Okamikari
Upon Fenrirs entry he didn't jump, instead he raised a brow, curious of his little acrobatic stunt. He waved softly, cracking his neck while Genesis continued to take care of things in the area.

"No, no. You're not late at all, rather you're the first one here. Kudos. The plan, for you, is training your body and mind to reduce chance of failure. Your test, however you decide to look at it, will be taking down a Grimm without a weapon. That will test both your skill, speed, and stamina, as well as give you a bit more confidence in yourself. I can have a Grimm positioning device on its way over if need be. Or do you think that's a little... too difficult just yet? Or, the other option, you can try to pin my 300 pound suit War, controlled by Genesis. I feel either is a rather impressive display you could take pride in."

He asked, knowing an old acquaintance would spot him the lien for one of the devices, all he needed to do was make a phone call. Or, if the matter was a bit too difficult, Genesis was the less hazardous option. The floating mask dragged his attention for a moment, but he moved his attention as the little one arrived. He gave a small wave, letting out a yawn as the word pervert caught his attention. Her next words caused him to cough a bit, hearing the little one crack such a comment almost made him lose it.

"Oooooh boy, I guess working with you wont be too difficult if you can crack comments like that."

He chuckled, putting his hand to his face as he did so. Someone so little and fearful making a comment such as that, he would have had no idea. The comment she said didn't bring up any questions with him, wasn't his life to dictate what people did anyways. He just yawned softly, a hint of relief in his yawn that today's activities wouldn't be too problematic. Fuyuko's entrance was another silent one, but he noticed her sitting across from them.

"Address yourself next time young lady, you'd best not sneak up on the wrong person because you're so quiet."

He spoke to her, making an attempt at conversation while the small one and the man spoke with eachother. Quite an interesting conversation to say the least, but again, it wasn't his place to dig, nor in his interest to.

"Seems like you two are well acquainted. Through better or worse anyways. And my mother had me at 16, must explain why my fire burns hotter than the average fire semblance of what you're saying is true Mr. Sable. Today I learned."

7Self Worth Part Two (Private) Empty Re: Self Worth Part Two (Private) Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:01 am

Faeth

Faeth
Fuyuko smiled at the professor when he addressed her. She tilted her head and held her hand up, "meow" :3. She listened to Fenrir explain his family a little and frowned, "eugenics.  The process if selective breeding to create an ideal being." She didn't like the idea that people were being forced to have children in order to satisfy some obscure goal. Looking at Fenrir,  she felt like she had been a bit harsh in her Judgement of him at first. A question come to mind, "if it's so easy to make powerful huntsmen and huntresses by giving birth at twelve or thirteen,  why aren't the kingdoms making regular practice of it?" The Master had tried something like that for a season but then stopped. There had been "issues" or something. A question then came to mind, "at Kompress,  I saw you and Amarante using glyphs but Lapis and James didn't. what's the difference between glyphs and," she tried to think of the word, "auramancy?"

8Self Worth Part Two (Private) Empty Re: Self Worth Part Two (Private) Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:19 pm

Amarante

Amarante
Amarante looked at the cat faunus, her eyes alight, "that's like asking the difference between night and day. For starters, glyphs take longer to cast. James could heal someone in a fraction of the time it would take for me to depending on the severity of the wound. however, a glyph has more power and can be rewritten midcast. there's also the part where auramancy is greatly limited to mainly simple actions, so Fenrir could cast a specific affect with his power that an air savant is simply incapable of doing. A glyph can also be written and left for a certain condition as long as it has aura to fuel it." She drew a mark in the dirt with one of her fans, "let's say this is a fire glyph, I can leave this here almost indefinitely as a landmine or a decoy and that's with basic knowledge." She looked around excitedly,  "there's also the matter of Signatures, glyphs that are unique to that person. for me, that's the Dust Glyph: the ability to finely control dust for a variety of effects." She was probably skipping important details but that was mostly irrelevant for the time being.

9Self Worth Part Two (Private) Empty Re: Self Worth Part Two (Private) Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:02 pm

Fenrir

Fenrir
Fenrir chuckled,  "The difference between glyphs and manipulation is more akin to the difference between a sword and an axe. other than that, I have nothing worth adding to the subject. As for why the kingdoms haven't breed armies of super soldier children, I imagine it has to do with the fact that it's very unhealthy for a female to give birth before fifteen or sixteen." He looked Fuyuko in the eye, "when you tread the line between the light and the dark, you catch glimpses of true evil. I'm not talking about grimm or White Fang. The people who support this stuff are upstanding members of the community with everything to gain or lose." He lowered himself to the ground and leaned against the log, "ultimately it comes down to perception. people perceive and therefore believe they have the right to practice human/faunus eugenics for any number of reasons.  mostly those reasons boil down to wealth and power."

HE closed his eyes and took a deep sniff, "so....does anyone have Ms. Necowl's scroll number?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum