You are not connected. Please login or register

The Fox and The Girl's First Date~ [Private][W/ Spring]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

James Gray

James Gray
After everything that had happened, the boy honestly felt that this could not have waited any longer. He was sitting down at a bench in the park and he had his scroll in his hand. Not much time had passed since the fire incident, and it certainly was hectic. After their little moment in the alleyway, the three of them, including Karla, left and made their way back to the school, where the fox and cat separated from the third member of their party. They had a meeting with the headmistress and, thankfully, managed to get any visual records of the incident erased and prevented them from being arrested under the clause of it being a huntsmen issue and therefore, should be handled by huntsmen. Of course, he was given the threat of expulsion and immediate arrest should another incident occurred and he readily accepted the condition.

Karla had decided to wander off somewhere, probably off to his sister, to give them some privacy. Of course, he had the feeling that she would not be too far behind - it seemed like she had a knack of finding him wherever he was. He smiled lightly and considered himself lucky that Karla had entered his life. Now, he was just waiting for Spring, alone. He had sent her a text earlier, asking her to meet him at the park because he needed to ask her something. Now what that something was a date! He had already reserved a table for two at one of the more fancier restaurants in Bellmuse, and he had a few more planned before then. He really hoped that she would say yes - it would be pretty embarrassing to have to cancel a dinner he had made reservations for several hours in advance.

Spring Plumb

Spring Plumb
Ever since the plaza incident Spring had been locked up in her room. She was lucky enough to get her own room without a roommate so no one came looking for her when she didn’t show up to anything. The only times she went out was for meals and even then she made sure to use her semblance to keep from being noticed. On top of that she made a diligent effort when she did leave to stay away from James. Sure she had confessed to him and he had even said that he had the same feelings, but that didn’t wipe away her guilt. And she was nervous, she didn’t know where to go from here.

That was until her scroll went off. A message from James to meet him at the park. Immediately Spring panicked. She ran to her wardrobe and spent the next thirty minutes looking for something to wear. Unfortunately everything she had was uniforms. Picking the best one she could She made sure to wear the same dark leggings she always did as well as the glove for her left hand, a long sleeve shirt for the uniform, and bandages around her neck and on her face. Making sure that all of her scars were covered she left the dorms for the park.

She didn’t exactly know where James was so she nervously looked around for him on the trials. Unfortunately she couldn’t use her semblance to make sure that no one saw her, otherwise James might not see her either. So she walked through the park, clinging to her bag as she searched for the fox who had stolen her heart.

James Gray

James Gray
The snow fox leaned back into the bench as he exhaled a soft sigh and chuckled lightly. He had been sitting on the bench for well over half an hour and she still had not shown up. While he would have expected this from when they first met, he would have figured that the girl would have rushed to meet him now that they had confessed to each other. He never once doubted that she would, though; he figured that she probably took forever choosing something to wear. Honestly, he would never understand how it takes the fairer sex so long to get ready - His sister, Spring, and even Karla takes forever! And she's a cat! All she really wears is that hat and her collar!

Thankfully, he did not have to wait a moment longer. Soon enough, that familiar mop of hair came into view and following it was the familiar visage of the girl he had ensnared his heart. There she was, dressed in her school uniform, wearing her usual attire of items to cover up her scars. He looked down at his own scarred hand and flexed his fingers. He wasn't afraid of what others thought of him so he saw no reason to hide it - but at the same time, he saw no reason to prevent Spring from wearing what she wore due to it being her own choices and preference.

The young hunter stood up from the bench, stretching out his limbs and cracking whatever joints he could to loosen up his body. With a soft grin, he slowly made his way towards her, enjoying the atmosphere around him. He silently chuckled as he watched her quizzical look, no doubt having yet to see him, and he decided to have a little fun. With her back turned, he snuck up behind her and quickly wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. His tail also wrapped around her and he buried his face in her neck, lightly kissing it before whispering into her ear, his voice low and husky.

"Looking for me~?"

Spring Plumb

Spring Plumb
She had been walking through the park for a good few minutes and still hadn’t seen James, of course she didn’t know the layout of the park that well so she was basically wandering around blind. Even the map on her scroll didn’t show the different trails and areas within the area. Her confusion was obvious on her face as she looked around.

And now to make matters worse she was lost. Great, James asks to meet her here and she can’t even figure out where he is, or where she is for that matter. Spring looked down at her scroll in defeat. It looked like she would have to send him a message. Quickly she typed up a short and simple text, in her usual fashion. “I’m lost.” Just as she was about to hit send two arms wrapped around her waist and she eeped in surprise dropping her scroll. For a half a second she thought some stranger had grabbed her before the white tail came into view… still marked from the fire.

“H...h...h...hi,” Spring said as she blushed deeply from the affection being shown to her.

James Gray

James Gray
"I've been waiting for you for a long time~!"

Unwrapping himself from the girl, he moved to her front and picked up the fallen scroll. He looked at it briefly, inspecting it for any damages, before holding it out for Spring to take back. He smiled sheepishly as he held it, slightly guilty that he was the reason for it falling in the first place. He couldn't help it, she looked so cute and he couldn't help but to want to tease her in such a way. He half-expected her to scream out and slap him, thinking he was a stranger, but he figured the sight of his tail alone was enough to dissuade her from such an action.

Smiling lightly, he tilted his head and spoke. "Hi, yourself. Now then, you may be wondering why I had asked you to come here out of the blue, and I'll answer that question right now!" Pausing for a moment, he wanted to build up a level of anticipation before he laid the metaphorical bomb on her. He wondered how she would respond; he really hoped that she would blush further than the one she was currently displaying. She was so cute when she flustered~

After a brief period of silence, his smile softened and he stared straight into her eyes. "Spring Plumb, would you do me the greatest of honors and let me take you out on a date today?"

Spring Plumb

Spring Plumb
Despite the affection being showered on her, it had been... so long since someone did something like this to her. It felt kind of good, but there was that ever present voice in the back of her head that told her she didn't deserve any of it. Her eye watched James as he came into view on her side and picked up her scroll. Sheepishly she reached out to take it and put it in her bag. Sure she knew they both had basically confessed to one another, but she was still nervous. Just because they had done that... well what were they then? When she was young her father had always told her to find “her best friend” and marry that person and she couldn't go wrong. But her and James were... well she wouldn't exactly call them friends. Mentally Spring slapped herself, they weren't even going out yet here she was thinking about marriage.

Focusing back on the fox before her and blushing slightly Spring noded her head to James' question. The entire walk over here she had been speculating as to why he called her out here. None of the ideas that she had come up with on the way here made any sense to her leaving her at a loss. But she was eager to know... and nervous. What if it was something bad? No, his attitude did seem like it was serious enough for that.

“A... a... a... a... a... a... a... d... d... d... d... date?” Spring stuttered as her jaw dropped. Her entire face went red. Never had she imagined that this would ever happen, but now it was. Nervously she brought her hands up and poked her index fingers together. “I... I... mean if it's okay with you.”

James Gray

James Gray
Oh Oum, her reaction was priceless. Granted, it was the first time he ever asked someone out to a date and he was nervous that he would be rejected, but the build up was so worth it. The risk was so worth it. He was honestly elated to be able to take this angel before him on their first steps to becoming an actual couple. As they were, they were still just two people who happened to confess to one another - that does not mean anything if no action is taken. So, here he was, starting to walk down this path of dating with her, the one he wants to spend his days with.

"Yes, my princess, a date.

His hands slowly moved forward and held onto Spring's own, stopping her from poking her index fingers together. He gently squeezed and smiled softly at her, laughing lightly. "Of course I'm okay with it, silly. I'm the one asking you~ I want to take you out on a date, I want us to take steps forward. I don't want our feelings and words to remain as such. I want us to be much more than what we are now."

Spring Plumb

Spring Plumb
As James reached forward to stop her from poking her fingers together Spring felt a twinge of regret. She didn't exactly know what guys thought was attractive in a girl, but she felt like just about everything she did had to be the opposite of that. In any case it seemed like James wanted to go on the date, something in her nagged that it was all a lie but she couldn't believe that, not now.

James' next words took her by surprise. More than they were now? Spring's eyes went wide as she stared at James and blushed. She didn't know what to say. If she could she would be poking her fingers together, but as it was she couldn't. “You... you mean like... b... b... b... boyfriend and girlfriend?” she asked in a shaky voice.

A strange feeling began to build in her chest. It was strange and new but also somewhat familiar. Thinking back to the many romance novels she had read an idea popped into her mind. Taking a deep breath she stepped forward and put herself next to James and pushes herself as close to his side as she can. Once again the little voice in her head told her that this was stupid and wasn't going to work.

James Gray

James Gray
Her eyes widened, her face flushed: this were the clear signs of someone being caught by surprised, a good kind of surprise. He smiled at her words and nodded, showing that her assumption was correct. He indeed wanted them to be in a relationship, to have the titles of boyfriend and girlfriend. To be able to call Spring his, sent a warm feeling to course through his body and his smile brightened considerably.

He tilted his head in slight confusion when the girl moved forward. Rather than moving into his chest, she took another route - moving to his side, she began to press up on him. With a silent chuckle, an arm wrapped itself around her waist and pulled her flush against him. "Yes, Spring. Like boyfriend and girlfriend. I want to call you mine, and to say I'm yours."

Spring Plumb

Spring Plumb
Spring's heart started to beat faster and faster. Of course she liked this, but still she was slightly scared. Knowing herself she would end up messing up their first date and running away, like she does with everything. But she knew that if she ran now it would look worse. Sure she was a coward, and not that strong but she didn't want to lose James, though once again the little voice told her she would be the one to make him leave... or worse.

“C... c... call me... yours...” Spring said quietly while giggling to herself. The idea was nice. Romantic scenes worthy of the best romance novels flashed through her head. Her and James on the beach, or seeing a movie, or a fancy dinner. Of course in her mind her scars were gone... a perfect girl for the perfect guy. The cold hard reality was that those kinds of things would never happen. Even now she felt a twinge of guilt. She didn't want people to look at James funny for being seen with her in public. Just hopefully no one from the school would see. She didn't want them to think of him as some kind of freak with a fetish for cripples.

James Gray

James Gray
"Spring, I don't care what other people think. It's your opinion that matters to me most."

She was easy to read. He could just tell that her negativity returned and was probably thinking of something ridiculous. He leaned down touched foreheads with her, staring deeply into her eyes. All of his thoughts, his love, his feelings for the girl, he tried to convey them through his gaze. alone. Words carry power, but sometimes it was those unspoken that mean the most. Truly, to him, the opinions of others are insignificant in this regard. They could scorn him, ridicule him for being with someone they view as imperfect, but he would ignore them all because in his mind, the girl in his arms was beautiful - an angel from above.

"I would be honored to call you mine. Anyways, how about I take you shopping for some new clothes? I love what you wear, but maybe a nice dress would be more appropriate for where we're going to go for our date. In all honesty though, I just want to spoil you~ My dearest princess~"

Spring Plumb

Spring Plumb
Okay, that was it. James must be psychic, how could her feelings be so obvious? Then again she never really had any experience with people so being able to hide her emotions was all but impossible for her.  As James leaned down to touch their foreheads together a strange feeling began to fill her. It was almost like she could feel James' love for her flowing into her. With her one good eye she stared back into his gaze. Pulling away and blushing Spring looked down at her feet.

“New... clothes? A dress? Do you think I need a dress? I've never really owned one before... we didn't have a whole lot of money when I was young so I just wore old hand me downs,” Spring said nervously. She felt kind of bad, James was doing nice things for her all the time but she couldn't do anything for him but be depressed all the time. It didn't make sense how he could like a girl who didn't even like herself.

James Gray

James Gray
His eyes grew sad at her following words. Hearing that she grew up poor was a sad tale, having only known hand-me-downs and rags in her childhood. He did not mean to pity the girl, but even he and his sisters occasionally had something new, despite the hostilities they were given. To her question though, he felt it proper to give her a right answer. "No, I don't think you need one. You look gorgeous as you are and it is completely okay if you don't want to shop for one. As it is, I just want to treat you, make you feel like a princess. I want you to get whatever you want."

It's not like he could not afford to spoil her. He still got a percentage of his payment from his surrogate mother and was more than willing to use it on her. "You deserve the world, and I will give you that and so much more." He took a quick look at his scroll for the time, noting that there was a little less than four hours before the aforementioned dinner. Now that she had accepted the date, he was suddenly nervous about the venue chosen. It was too late to change, so he would have to suck it up.

Spring Plumb

Spring Plumb
“I... I mean if you want to... I don't really know what would look good on me though,” Spring said. The idea of going shopping for clothes was kind of exciting. Her uniforms had been payed for by the school so she didn't have a lot of clothes besides those. What little money the doctor sent her was used for the basics socks, bra's and panties. Honestly she would be happy with even a cheep dress from a thrift store, after all even that was fancy to her. “Um... okay... so where would we go? To buy the dress I mean?” Spring asks James while looking away.

“I... I don't know about that...” Spring said, she didn't feel like she deserved that much. Even just being with James felt like too much for her. But if he wanted to give her something... well she knew it would hurt him if she said no and she didn't want to do that. No, she couldn't forgive herself if she hurt James again.

James Gray

James Gray
"That's okay! We can look around for things that catch your eye and have you try them on!"

Having been around two sisters and was now the primary caretaker of one, he had to have a pretty decent idea on what looks good on who. It also helped that being Kitsune, he had a personal wardrobe consultant to pitch him ideas and suggestions on outfits to wear during certain occasions. Taking a quick glance up and down Spring's body, he had an idea for a good dress. He thought a long, shoulder-less, traditional royal blue dress would suit her - a slit running up her right leg and ending at mid-thigh. Knowing how sensitive the girl was about her scars, he figured that she could pair it with opera length black gloves and a shawl, matching the dress color, for her shoulders. Of course, he would also be paying for the accessories, as well.

"Actually..I think I have an idea for you.." He was pretty confident that she would look stunning in it and the store they would be going to had everything he listed for a reasonable price. Still though, it was still around uptown Bellmuse, an area where some of the more wealthier of citizens go to splurge their riches. Anywho, they were burning daylight. They needed to get the clothing asap if they wanted to make the reservations. Gently, but firmly, grabbing Spring's hand, he started to lightly jog in the direction of the store. Out of his peripheral, he grinned lightly and waved at the few bystanders watching the two, no doubt amused by the couple.

"I'm sorry if I'm rushing you, I'm just really excited~ And you deserve every single bit this world could offer. I'll provide them for you~"

Spring Plumb

Spring Plumb
“Okay... that sounds good,” Spring said trying to hide the excitement in her voice. She had never been clothes shopping before, let alone a dress. Though she did wonder what kind of place James was going to take her to. Considering his... work he probably had a lot of money. The thought suddenly made her imagine a large house with a lot of rooms, at least five, where she and James would live together. It was perfect, like in a romance. And just like all her fantasies for the future she had no scars... she was perfect. This realization snapped her out of her small daydream. Something like that was... just a dream, and she knew that her dreams where just that.

“Huh?”
Spring was taken off guard as James suddenly gripped her hand and took off. Being connected to him she followed, not like she wouldn't have anyway. She didn't know where he was taking her, but her best guess based on his direction was a nicer part of town. That was a part of the city she had only ever been in once before when she followed James and found out about his secret. Wait... was he actually taking her to a fancy store?

“No...no... you're not rushing me,” Spring said as she did her best to keep up the pace. Her mind began to imagine her in a nice dress, a fancy dress. Something that cost like fifty dollars. But once again in her fantasy she had no scars... and once again she snapped out of the dream.

James Gray

James Gray
The young hunter did not respond to her words, only smiling lovingly at the girl he was leading and nodding before turning his attention back to the sidewalk before him. The distance to uptown Bellmuse from the park was not too terribly long, only a few blocks down the street. The difference between the wealthier district of Bellmuse was not visible to the naked eye. From appearance alone, everything looked to be the same: the same building structures, the same sidewalks, the same light posts. However, what can not be seen, could definitely be felt. Crossing the threshold into the district, there was a shift in the atmosphere. What used to be a carefree air, filled with the the laughs and fun of the low-to-middle class, was replaced by this, pompous, elitist, and dare he say, snobby environment. While the citizens of the Bellmuse were certainly quite decent people, being more accepting towards faunus and the like, there were some of the rich ones, who were olden but certainly not wise, that held onto old prejudices and ideology. He could see it out of the corner of his eyes as the two walked: elderly men glaring at his presence, olden couples sneering at the sight of a human and a faunus together, holding hands.

Ignoring their looks, his hold on her hand tightened slightly as he sped up their walk. The looks reminded him of the people back home and he refused to let such memories ruin this day with his love. He smiled lightly as their destination came into view and he slowed down their pace before stopping in front of the store to look up at the sign.

Changing Seasons

The owner, a woman at the ripe age of 35, was an old friend of his. Having first met during his ventures as Kitsune, the woman was soon placed in his small circle of individuals that knew his double-life, having been chosen to help decide and create more outfits than he could remember. She was a major part of his appearance and he could not thank her enough - as such, he often frequented her shop, either for personal usage or to shop for his darling sister. As it were, he wasn't here for any of those two reasons - he was here to spoil his princess and get her ready for their date. Walking through the doors of the shop, a soft tinkling of bells was heard and a soft voice echoed through the nearly empty store, followed by the appearance of a woman, short in stature, entering from a room in the back.

"Hello, welcome to-- oh, James! Honey, it's been quite some time~! How are you and your sweet little sister?"

The fox chuckled softly. "Her and I have been quite well, Aubrey. I'm sorry for not visiting sooner, I've been busy at school."

"Yes yes, it's no problem, dearie. You huntsmen-in-training sure have your hands full." The owner waved him off before gasping in slight horror as she finally registered that her regular was not alone. "Sweetie, I'm so sorry. I didn't notice you were there! Oh, I'm so embarrassed. I'm the owner and yet I don't even know when someone enters my store.."

He could only awkwardly smile at the scene. His friend was bawling her eyes out over something so small, it was ridiculous. This was not exactly the first impressions he would have expected of her to make when he brought Spring here. It was so out of left field, it was embarrassing. "Spring, princess, this is Aubrey, the owner of the store. Aubrey, this is Spring, my date for tonight." As sudden as her tears were, her outburst of cheer was even more unsettling.

"Princess~? Oh, swoon~ You're such a gentleman, James. Hello Spring, sweetie. It's a pleasure to meet you. I hope that fox hasn't caused any trouble for you~"

Spring Plumb

Spring Plumb
Spring's attention was half on their surroundings and half on the people as she was pulled along Bellmuse. Of course the buildings were pretty much the same, despite never having been to this part of town before it had a semi familiar quality to it. But the differences were less in the buildings than they were in the people and other little details. The part of the city that she had grown up in looked very different. Buildings that looked to be luxury apartments here had the same outer shell as the cramped apartments with barely any room to breath that she knew. Alleyways that would be cramped with various trash homeless and laundry lines were clean and neat. Of course the biggest change was in the people. There was an air of superiority among the people there. Some of them gave glares at James and Spring. Some of which seemed racially focused on him. Others seemed focused on her, looks of disgust and shock as if to say “what makes that freak think she has any right to be here?” Spring did her best to stay as close to James as she could when she saw these looks on her, though the ones focused on him made her angry, and the arsonist inside of her threatened to come out.

The ones who hated her scared her, but the ones who didn't like James, they made her angry. She wanted to let them know their place, to show them that just because they were human that they could burn just like everything else. How good it would be to see their faces twisted in pain as they died in one of the most horrific ways possible... no, she wouldn't kill them, she would make them disfigured and horribly scarred for the rest of their lives, that way they would maybe get a fraction of what it was like to be a faunus in this day and age. Proper punishment.

Before her thoughts could go any further and cause her to truly fly into a rage she was suddenly stopped in front of a shop. What looked to be a clothing store named “changing seasons.” The place looked fancy, and expensive. As she was pulled inside she noticed the price tag on one of the display pieces and her jaw dropped. That kind of money was double what her father had made in a year. Though it did make sense when she thought about it. Being such a star probably had some major benefits, but it still baffled her that someone would ever spend that much on clothing.

For such a fancy place it wasn't all that populated. A few shoppers here and there with a calming yet fancy song playing in the background gave the entire place a feeling of austerity that made her feel far out of place. Even the uniform she wore, which had been payed for by the school and was rather expensive seemed cheap compared to what was being sold here.

A voice called out from somewhere unseen within the shop. Based on her words it was obvious that she knew James and rather well. As she approached and began to talk to James Spring pulled herself close to him and slightly behind more out of instinct than anything else. The only reason she could talk to James as openly as she did now was because of well... because he had told her he loved her.

Spring winced as the woman, named Aubrey noticed her and let out a loud gasp. The first thought to run through her mind was that the breath of horror had been at her scars, it only made sense. She was pretty sure that if she was suddenly noticed by most anyone they would be shocked at her appearance. Though as Aubrey continued she seemed less focused on Spring's presence than she was on her own inattentiveness to said presence. While this was a relief she was still incredibly nervous.

“Um.... h... h... h... h... hi” Spring said as James introduced her to the woman. The older lady's reaction to James words were basically how Spring felt, but could never say. Every time he called her that name, called her princess, she felt special, important even if it was for the briefest of moments. Though now that the attention was placed on her she pushed into James a bit, much like a shy child. “I... I... it.... it's n... n... n... n... n... n... nice to m... m... m... meet you... to,” Spring said while looking everywhere but at Aubrey's face, “N... n... n... no, James has b... b... b... b... been n... n... n... n... n... nothing b.. b... b... but nice to me”

James Gray

James Gray
"A shy one, aren't ya? You're so precious~!"

The shop owner was having quite the delight, at the expense of Spring. A soft giggle echoed amongst the classical tune currently playing on the speakers. Three of what few customers she had did not seem to share the same sentiment as the woman and grumbled to themselves as they kept their malicious thoughts to a minimum. To them, they felt that the two newcomers had no business coming into a place like this - a house of refinement and class. Unfortunately for them, they haven't been regulars long, and what few staff there was were very astute in sensing negative emotions. Without warning, those three were suddenly escorted out. Their complaints fell onto deaf ears as the doors closed on them. With a huff, the three went about their way and swore to never shop at the store ever again.

If it had bothered James or Aubrey, they certainly did not show it.

Walking closer to his old friend, the fox faunus whispered into her ear the idea he had for the dress his date would wear. She nodded her head to each word spoken, taking the time to look up and down the timid girl hiding behind her charge. While the blue dress was indeed good, she had something even better. For a first date, the fox was aiming too high of a standard - he needed to go simpler.

"I have a better idea~!"

With that said, the woman disappeared into the back room with a skip in her step. The young hunter shared a look with the workers and simultaneously shared a shrug, used to the owner's behavior. Turning his gaze to his date, he smiled lovingly at the scarred girl and took her left hand in his right. "So, what do you think of this place so far? It's a bit different from the usual, huh?" He chuckled light-heartedly at his words.

Spring Plumb

Spring Plumb
Spring nodded lightly to the store owners question. Shy was one word for it, probably not as extreme as her problem was but it was a word for it. Practically plastering herself to James she didn't notice the people being escorted out or their complaints. She was more worried about being noticed and having so much attention being put on her. Even before the fire she had never been the center of attention. Even her birthdays were usually just people wishing her a happy birthday.

As James stepped forward to whisper something to Aubrey Spring froze. No longer attached to James she slowly looked around. It seemed like no one was looking but she still began to panic. For about half a second she activated her semblance and disappeared from view for anyone who would have been looking. Almost as soon as she had put up her perception filter, though, she had pulled it down. It made her uncomfortable to not have it up, but it was for James. She needed to be strong for him. Taking a few deep breaths she tried to control the trebling that was now beginning to overcome her.

When Aubrey said something about a better idea and turned to leave it Spring didn't want to, but she let out a sigh of relief. Her eyes were focused straight down to the floor by the time James had turned to her but her attention was brought to him as he grasped her left hand. Luckilly today she had worn her glove so the scars weren't visible. “I... I... I... I don't.... um.... really... know... know what to think.... I'm.... not really sure.... what is... supposed to be normal... for... um... clothing stores....” Spring said trying her best not to look away in shame. Even when she went to buy her school uniforms she ended up going to a thrift store.... and even that seemed a bit pricy to her.

James Gray

James Gray
The young hunter smiled softly at her response. Truthfully, he was not sure what he was expecting - having just learned that the girl before him only had hand-me-downs growing up. She probably did not know what it meant to be in a proper clothing store. The white fox mused to himself and made a small promise to take his crush out on more shopping excursions; it seemed like it would make for some great bonding times. Other than his sister, he had never been on a shopping spree with anyone else, so this would be a lovely experience from him, as well.

Stepping closer to the girl, he wrapped an arm around her waist and lightly rubbed a hand up and down her side. "That's perfectly okay. I suppose what would be normal is to look around the store and see things that catch your eye." With this words, he proceeded to take the girl around the area. The store was not the biggest, but it was certainly not small by any means - there were racks of wonderfully crafted dresses running down the center of the store and off to the sides. "Why don't you try on a couple of dresses while Aubrey takes her sweet time finding her idea?" He chuckled lightly at the thought of his friend tearing through the back to find the right outfit for Spring.

Spring Plumb

Spring Plumb
Spring dropped her gaze slightly. A deep sense of shame began to overcome her. She didn't understand it, but she felt like she should have been shopping before. Like something was wrong with her for never have been before. She knew she shouldn't feel that way, but she did. It felt like she was a peasant being brought on a date with a prince.

Spring gasped slightly as James pulled her close and his hand moved along her side, her scared side. A light blush came over her face from the sensation. Her scars were surprisingly sensitive for being burned. “Um... oh... okay.... I... I mean.... if... if that's okay with you,” Spring said still nervous about being in such a nice store, and still feeling like she was out of place entirely. “Try... try... try.... try on dresses....?” Spring asked as her face lit up deep crimson, her eyes locking with James'. Excitement and nervousness clashed inside of her. Images of her in immaculate dresses, posing for James and then changing and posing again flashed through her mind. But like all her fantasies she was perfect. No scars, brave and confident. And like that her fantasy was shattered. The real world was more cruel than that. And the reality was that she would probably embarrass herself and James in front of everyone in the store.

James Gray

James Gray
"It will always be okay with me, silly girl. And yeah, there are plenty of things here that I'm sure would look absolutely stunning."

The young hunter mused to himself as he surveyed the various gowns with a critical eye. So many options, so little time. Due to the time-sensitive nature of their date, the two could not very well spend too long in the store - though a second visit never hurt anyone. It was certainly good for the business. Now that he took a good look around, he just noticed a section of the store being dedicated to pets. When this was added, he did not know, but he chuckled at the thought of Karla wearing something other than that hat she seems so fond of.

Shaking his head, he continued walking through the shop with Spring in his arms. "Hm, I never knew Aubrey to take so long in the backroom. She must be taking time to find you a dress that suits you best." He smiled lightly at the girl and pulled her closer to him. Reaching into the rack, he pulled out a beige, lace-back dress and held it up to Spring's front before shaking his head when he noticed how long it was and placed it back on the rack.

Spring Plumb

Spring Plumb
“Oh... Oh... okay..” Spring said nervously. She was still incredibly nervous, but being near to James helped a bit. Looking around the store she was fascinated and somewhat worried with the fancy dresses she saw. She couldn't even imagine herself in any of them. Not the real her anyway. A perfect version of herself maybe. But for the real Spring... all these dresses were way too nice. Her eyes wandered over to a section with a large collection of shoes. Most of them where high heels, something she had never worn before. And again she thought them far too good for her. Honestly she didn't know how to put on most of the clothing they had here. Even when she was young she only wore pants and shirts. She had never worn skirts until the school required her to.

Spring's attention was brought back to James when he pulled her close to hold up a dress in front of her. Again it was something she felt was far far too fancy for her. “Um... James... a... are you sure... about this? I... I... I don't... um... well... I've never worn... anything like this stuff before...” Spring said, her head tilting downward, “These... uh... these dresses... they're too nice... way too nice... for me...”

James Gray

James Gray
The snow white of a fox smiled softly at his companion's words and gently poked her forehead with his index and middle finger, effectively tilting her head back upwards so that eye-contact was established. Cupping her cheek, he lightly brushed his thumb over it before giving it a slight tug. Satisfied, he quickly removed his hand. "I am absolutely, 100% sure about this~!" His words were carried by great enthusiasm and a twinkle in his eye. He reasoned to himself that it was for Spring to experience something new with him and to get a taste of some of the luxuries he was planning on spoiling her with.

If he were to be honest to himself, however, it was mainly because he wanted her to sample the dresses for him.

He was a growing male, sue him.

Their wandering through the boutique lasted for only a few short moments when a loud slam echoed through the establishment, startling him and the workers.

"FOUND IT!"

All attention was drawn to the back of the store, where the door to the backroom was now seemingly impeded into the wall, forever remaining in an open state, and one Aubrey was standing triumphantly in the doorway clutching a garment bag, the ones where you place a dress or suit in to prevent dust to collect on it. She scanned the store, looking for her target, and her already wide smile widened further as she she strode to the only scarred girl in her store with a skip in her step. Once she came up to the couple, she thrusted the garment bag into the girl's arms and urged her towards the changing room.

"You, go and change. James, you wait for her. I'm sure you both will like what I had in mind~"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum