You are not connected. Please login or register

A Hunt In Finnek Forest (Private Hunt w/ Merlynn)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nyx T. Thanatos

Nyx T. Thanatos
It was a warm and beautiful morning at Syne Academy. It was a Friday morning and Cynthia had just completed her daily exercise routine. This exercise routine had been drilled into her ever since she was a child soldier back in her homeland. After taking some time to relax a bit, Cynthia then began walking to the Mission Board where all of the newest missions were posted. However, she didn't get all that far when an emergency transmission blared on her communicator.

"Hmm...An emergency transmission. It sounds like a group of traveling merchants have gotten bogged down in Finnek Forest and are requesting support from Syne Academy." Cynthia thought quietly to herself as she checked out the details of the transmission using her scroll. After checking out the information, she quickly ran to her dorm room and got geared up. Soon afterwards, she made her way to the front of the academy where the airship was waiting for them. Along the way, Cynthia received an update stating that another hunter will joining her on this mission.

"Alright. That is extremely good news. I prefer to have backup on emergency missions like this." Cynthia commented to herself as she waited near the airship for her fellow hunter to arrive. Despite of her skills as a soldier and a huntress, Cynthia felt more comfortable with a fellow hunter accompanying her on a mission. She rather not take any chances whenever Grimm are involved.

merlynn

merlynn
the call for an emergency help rang over merlynn scroll while in her room stretching her body out for the day. though at first merlynn was turning a blind eye to the scroll trying to ignore it feeling like maybe some one else can do it. she did not wish to involve herself with the hunt tell she soon notice some one had already joined but she noticed one thing they where a 1st year student.  this changed things a in her mind, like why would a first year take on this mission so quickly was it a death wish, or where they so confident in there ablitys. merlynn finaly grabbed her scroll and she was all suited up already her hair was not braided letting her long locks of hair on her right side flow with the wind while her pixie cut left was a more wild looking style. Bolting off grabbing salvo sword as she ran outside heading for the airship dock.  

Upon seeing the air ship merlynn saw the fresh student.  looking timid at first as she grew near her and shyly boarding the air ship placing her very large weapon on the floor as to make it easier for the other student to board it seemed her sword had no storage mode. she looked at her though the long locks of hair as to hide her face much like a shy school girl, while her attire was rather tight around her body all of her curves where visible for this might have been one reason to be shy but for Merlynns case this was not true she was afraid to go.  

while waiting for Cynthia to board Merlynn was looking her over, from head to toe she looked quite capable, maybe this was a mistake to come. these kind of thoughts ran in her head like a herd of horses making her shy face turn red as her heart raced, it could be mistake for her looking at Cynthia and becoming deep in naughty thoughts.

http://theeighthcontinent.forumotion.com/

Nyx T. Thanatos

Nyx T. Thanatos
"You must me the huntress that is joining me on this mission. My name is Cynthia Testarossa Schwarzchild." Cynthia greeted in a rather calm and nonchalant fashion. She had picked up a tinge of fear just by looking at her partner slightly. Cynthia could tell that her partner was a bit nervous or something like that. However, her clothing was giving her a totally different impression since her partner's outfit was skintight and it make her partner's "assets" more visible. Cynthia wasn't bothered by this but she was a bit concerned that her partner was a bit too nervous and that might affect her combat abilities in the field.

"There is no need to be so nervous. Take a deep breath and relax." Cynthia suggested as she gently put her hand on the nervous huntress' shoulder. Cynthia had gotten used to reassuring people with nervous temperament thanks to all her time as a child soldier. In order to reassure her partner, Cynthia let out a slight smile which was full of reassurance and confidence.

merlynn

merlynn
"Don't worry about me, worry about yourself." The tone merlynn had was a rather cold tone as if some one with no heart, her hand went up to to Cynthia's to remove it fron her shoulder. even from this touch it was light enough not very forceful as if she was trying to leave her hand there but wanted it gone at the same time. If there was any effort from Cynthia part her hand would stay but for the most part merlynn was just done trying to push away by this point. "Do you know what is happening? Any more information about this emergency?" At least her mind was on the fight for now.

While the ship flew merlynn stayed silent tell she randomly spoke. "Abigail. my name is Abigail Ventus." not saying her first name only her middle and last, for her only if she knew you could you contact her by her first name. needless to say merlynn was grabbing the hilt of her sword checking out to see if it was in good enough shape to use. while inspecting the sword she turned it over to reviel a gash in the metal of the balde running down half of it length. "do you think after this i'll be beautiful again?" merlynns tone showed it was not detected at cynthia but more just thrown out there to the wind a open thought.

Nyx T. Thanatos

Nyx T. Thanatos
"I'll be fine. I been doing missions like these solo prior to attending Syne Academy. Also, I had a lot of combat experience prior to that." Cynthia replied calmly after hearing her partner who introduced herself as Abigail Ventus try to push her hand off her shoulder. However, Cynthia kept a slightly firm grip on Abigail's shoulder. Cynthia was not impressed by Abigail's cold demeanor as she could see right through it. To be exact, Cynthia used to be cold and detached from the world prior to her rescue/adoption by her adoptive father. Like her back then, Cynthia could tell that Abigail was using this cold demeanor to hide some sort of emotional pain. Cynthia's biggest concern was that that could get her hurt. However, Cynthia decided to push that to the back of her mind before informing Abigail on the mission at hand.

"Well, Abigail. A bunch of merchants have requested that Syne Academy send in some Hunters/Huntresses to help them. Currently, there are no Grimm in their area of Finnek Forest. However, they have decided not to take any chances." Cynthia explained as she deployed Apocalypse and took out a couple of shells from her duffle bag. After doing this, she loaded it one by one into the "ammo cylinder" until that hand cannon was fully loaded. Soon after, she did the same with the other. After her experience with the Nevermores during that one incident, Cynthia had requested that her father send her large stash of Annihilator Shells and Apocalypse Shells. These shells were the most powerful shells in her entire arsenal.

After loading Apocalypse, Cynthia made sure that the safeties were on. As she was doing this, she heard Abigail mumble something. She didn't really her what Abigail said but she did managed to see the gash on the side of the sword facing her. Soon after, she saw Abigail flip the sword over to inspect the gash.

"That is a pretty nasty gash that her sword had running through it. Maybe that could provide me a clue to figuring out what happened." Cynthia thought to herself as she calmly rested Apocalypse against her shoulder.

merlynn

merlynn
As her eyes drifted towards Cynthia her hand pulled on the handle of her sword, as the sound of gears and springs winding down on the inside of the hilt sounding like a ticking bomb a compartment on the flat of the blade near the hilt about a foot in length popped up. the compartment housed a single vial of red dust in a spring load device, a rather crude method for launching a dust projectile. she examined the silo of the blade and slapped it down the sound of the wind up stopped. "its ready..." she said her tone rather mono in vocalization. she seemed not really there but there her sword almost twice her length lay against her shoulder but most of the weight was touching the floor.

"don't try to pep-talk to me... I can feel it in your touch." Turning her head so she was looking at cynthia from the pixie cut side of her face. "when you dance with the fire of burning ice only then will I listen to what you have to say. but until then, we will just get this going to get this done and move on not like we will see each other again afterwords." her tone sounded cocky and sure of herself, merlynn had been at the school for a long time her age was getting up there, she was as old as some of the teachers which made her feel outcasted from every one. soon her mind found its self wandering around tell it finally went blank as her own hand caressed her cheek under the long length of hair her fingers snaking their way to her antler on the same side fiddling it with just the tips of her fingers. her mind had went blank for a long time as she stood there not feeling the airships start a decent down. the does mind was elsewhere and not there.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum