You are not connected. Please login or register

Checking Up on Classmates (Charlotte/Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Checking Up on Classmates  (Charlotte/Open) Empty Checking Up on Classmates (Charlotte/Open) Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:51 pm

Arrwyn Ellavir

Arrwyn Ellavir
The medical wing of Syne academy was a rather busy location typically, though at the moment there were few enough people, still the staff seemed perpetually overwhelmed, making any real tasks not urgent all the more likely to leave people waiting. The waiting area looked every bit like what one would expect of a waiting room, complete with magazines likely older than the students reading them, even if this particular room had only been around for a few years, according to what Arrwyn understood.

Arrwyn had always hated seeing a doctor, her family had always kept such things in house, being able to afford a private doctor helped, however it was still the one place she couldn’t delude herself out of the truth. Her inhumanity had always been a sore spot for her, she’d always believed it to be evidence of her own failure, a mark she’d never be able to get away from. While she could hide it usually, pretending she was something else. She’d never been able to avoid the obvious when visiting a doctor, as the differences between Faunus and human were still enough that withholding such information could be hazardous to her health.

Still it never made her comfortable, and she’d always been paranoid that her secret would get out, somebody would walk into a room at the wrong time or a doctor would mention something from her file that would reveal her secret. It wasn’t nearly as bad at home, given the family’s doctor was directly connected to them, and as such the risk was minimal...but here? No Arrwyn was very much on edge as she waited. The noble girl adjusting her boots as though she were worried something would reveal her faunus nature. The noble girl knew she needed to have a medical checkup, and several shots due to her having come from a foreign land, and as such likely to be susceptible to local diseases her immune system might not be used to.

Charlotte Monochrome

Charlotte Monochrome
Charlotte was being run ragged, for three hours now she'd had students in and out with everything from broken limbs to gut problems but soon she'd get her first break of the day. Her stomach was beginning to moan at her, pleading for some kind of sustenance. She'd spent the twilight hours of the morning preparing this afternoon's feast, roasted duck with rosemary and lemon tea. Looking to the ever-growing list of patients, a line in the list where her lunch break was, Charlotte took note of the name "Arrwyn Ellavir", a tech student who had been 100 lbs upon arriving to the school and 5 ft 3 inches. A little lighter than was truly healthy but not too significantly, perhaps she was leaner than she was muscular... a dust user perhaps? Charlotte could only guess. It was also noted that the girl came from outside the island, thus would need a a couple injections for safety's sake but Bellmuse wasn't known for anything particularly deadly.

Leaving her scroll open she scanned the room; a bed in the far corner, scales on the floor, a measuring tape pinned to the wall and various anatomy charts littered the walls. It was a little plain but for a first office it wasn't too bad, there was plenty of room for her and a patient... assuming they weren't like her. A half horse faunus or the like would prove an issue, but she supposed other doctors would deal with them. Turning back to her desk and scroll, she opened a new application and pressed a button linking her to a loudspeaker. On Arrwyn's end there would be a brief tone to get the attention of all in the waiting rooms before Charlotte's voice; "Could Arrwyn Ellavir come to room twelve please, that's Arrwyn Ellavir to room twelve." That done Charlotte collected the stethoscope on her desk, draping it around her neck.

Arrwyn Ellavir

Arrwyn Ellavir
The wait seemed to only drag on for Arrwyn, as the school’s hospital wing appeared somewhat under staffed already. Still the noble wasn’t accustomed to wait for such things, and as such she’d become somewhat impatient rather quickly, her noble upbringing making her unused to actually having to deal with things like waiting to be seen by a doctor. Still her impatience was trumped by her nervousness at the upcoming checkup, knowing they’d check her medical records prior to actually seeing her only added to that tension.  Her family was well known enough that it wasn’t impossible for someone to recognize their name, but fortunately Atlas nobility wasn’t as well-known outside of her homeland, so there was a chance of her secret not being exposed.

Still Arrwyn was worried somebody might learn, while doctors didn’t normally talk about their patients’ secrets, there was always the chance something could be said at the wrong time, and even though Arrwyn logically knew that she was mostly being paranoid, she couldn’t help but be on edge, especially when she was called into one of the rooms finally. The wait had felt like an eternity, even though the clock on the wall of the waiting area indicated that she’d only been there for at most half an hour, and the blonde noble moved to find the room in question.  A decidedly nervous expression on her face, an expression she’d normally have put in the effort to conceal such things, as looking weak was unbecoming of an Ellavir, as her grandfather would have said.

The sight when she opened the door to the room caused a somewhat different expression to cross the noble’s face.  It wasn’t quite what she’d been expecting, as even if she had thought the doctor would be a faunus, she’d have at least expected a more mundane one.  The blonde girl’s expression seemed somewhat between shock and distaste. She did manage to cover it up afterward, though her nervousness would only be more visible.  The girl seemed normal from the waist up, though perhaps a bit young causing the noble to assume she was some type of student or assistant, rather than a full doctor. The woman’s lower half however, was far more disturbing. Arrwyn hadn’t even known it was possible for a faunus trait to manifest in this way, however the girl seemed to be an arachnid from the waist down.

Charlotte would likely be able to note that Arrwyn was of high status not only from her body language and mannerisms, were she more attuned to reading such things, but also from Arrwyn's attire, her clothes being of a fine make and material. The outfit’s top was somewhat similar to her normal attire, though it would appear far finer than her fighting gear, and obviously cut more for casual wear rather than being made to fight in. She also wore a skirt that would likely seem just a bit short, though not quite short enough to be considered truly improper. she wore some leggings as well, as well as knee-high boots made from fine leather.

Charlotte Monochrome

Charlotte Monochrome
Charlotte could already tell this patient was going to be difficult. Over the years Charlotte had learned that for her, more than any others, first impressions were important. If a look of disgust was thrown here way upon being sighted it cast a shadow upon any future relationship she'd have with that individual. It suggested they already had a negative opinion of her and meant opening their mind wold be more effort than she'd typically be willing to go to, unless they were a figure in the government or a lecturer. The type to assume that one half of her was normal and the other half abnormal, rather than she just being a normal faunus, she knew the sort well. Usually human.

"Do take a seat." Charlotte gestured to the bed as there was no chair in the room. "You'll need to take your shoes off and empty your pockets, we're going to take your weight later. You arrived to the academy a little underweight but nothing significant, do you find yourself in good health today? Are you currently on any medicines?" Charlotte could note nothing outwardly abnormal about the girl, outside her facial expression. She supposed she wore good quality clothing, but that was no indicator of health... well, she supposed incredibly poor clothing suggested poor living condition but past a point it meant very little.

Arrwyn Ellavir

Arrwyn Ellavir
Arrwyn let out a breath, not quite comfortable with the highly abnormal faunus girl, but at least willing to accept she had to be civil, after all there was no real benefit to being on her doctor’s bad side, even if she would rather have avoided interaction with faunus. Having one being her apparent doctor- especially if said faunus was really just a student- could be a real problem given her secret and her family. The Ellavir’s weren’t well known for having the best track record with faunus, or faunus groups, and there were plenty that would be fully willing to publicize her faunus status.

After all, having a public figure directly tied to Atlas high society that was publicly known to be a faunus would likely be seen as a victory by many faunus types in Atlas, regardless of the Ellavir girl’s opinions on the matter. The fact she’d have to remove her boots hit her a minute later, and Arrwyn realized she didn’t actually know how much the faunus girl knew….

Then there was another issue, she noted spotting the camera on the far wall, not knowing who really would have access to the cameras. “Would it be possible for us to shut that off first?” She asked looking towards the camera, it was obvious to anyone that she was nervous about something, specifically it being notable after she’d been asked to remove her shoes. Arrwyn decided to put that off, avoiding it for now by focusing on the spider-woman’s other questions. “No issues to speak of…no meds either.” She answered.

Charlotte Monochrome

Charlotte Monochrome
Charlotte Quirked a brow "The tapes, save for extraordinary circumstance, are archived immediately following their recording. No one has access to them but the head of security and authorities in the case of an incident, they are to keep me safe as much as they are you; I can't be too careful after all, I have had more than my share of abuse from patients. More commonly before a check up, however it's always important to be careful." Charlotte was blunt with her mostly because of how her first response had been, had she appeared kinder Charlotte might have made more of an attempt. Charlotte noted the lack of medicines and sickness, "I don't have the capability to turn them off regardless. I assume no one can. Hopefully there is no. further issue with that."

She was being cold in a rather blunt way, filling out a form on her scroll to confirm further details; "Have you eaten today? Have you had the flu in the past month? These questions are mostly for your vaccinations more than the check up itself, already having a disease while vaccinated can make the sickness worse. You will also naturally have to drop your defensive aura so that the needle can enter, are you capable of that degree of control?" Charlotte entered a desk drawer, drawing forth cotton towels to ease any residual bleeding. The vaccination was packaged on the desk; "As ever there may be some numbness and minor symptoms following vaccination but nothing particularly significant. We'll do it after your check up, have you any further questions?"

Arrwyn Ellavir

Arrwyn Ellavir
Arrwyn frowned at the insinuation she’d be some kind of threat to the spider-woman’s safety, even if she did dislike faunus, it didn’t mean she would do something so barbaric as outright attacking one for no reason. The news about the tapes being only available to the chief of security was a bit of relief, though she HAD sort of claimed being a human from her entrance onwards, naturally. Still that was one thing less to worry about at least, not that it really helped the nerves of the noble girl as she still had to worry about the other issue.

“I ate breakfast, and I haven’t been sick recently.” She answered, nodding when the Spider girl explained the nature of the questions, as it made sense…still she had something she had to bring up still, as she still felt it would be a bad idea to allow the faunus girl to know her secret without confirmation. “You guys aren’t supposed to talk about anything about a patient to other people, not without my permission or anything right?” She asked, the girl had started to unlace one of her boots, slowly enough that little would actually be revealed to Charlotte. “And I can manage, I had my aura unlocked early on.” She answered, doing so now.

The noble girl didn’t feel comfortable with lowering her aura, not around a faunus, and especially one she’d already gotten off on the wrong foot with, however she’d been taught that sometimes it was necessary to concede to things you didn’t want, and besides with the camera’s at least she could expect assistance if her own safety were threatened. The fact the other girl had at least seemed to remain professional despite her obvious reaction to seeing the unusual faunus also made her feel any physical altercation was unlikely. This didn’t stop the obvious discomfort she felt, though Arrwyn tried to hide that as well, not as successfully as she would have liked. “So how long do these symptoms normally last?”

Charlotte Monochrome

Charlotte Monochrome
"With specific legal exceptions yes, none of the information shared between us leaves this room. Of course if you confess to a crime or commit one here those are two obvious exceptions, if you have intent to self injure or the likes that to can justify the sharing of information. Under normal circumstances however, confiding to me about an illness or problem in your life, I will not share said information without your express permission." Charlotte took note of her aforementioned aura control, "As for the injection, ideally and most commonly you will not. Some feel a touch woozy for half an hour, you can stay here and wait it out if you wish, while others may have symptoms appear the following day. If said symptoms last more than a week you should come back for a secondary check." Charlotte explained, attempting to quell any concerns.

She made her way over to the wall mounted measuring tape, drawing her scroll to take notes; "We'll start with the standard hight check, then move onto weight. Please come, this shouldn't all take longer than half an hour."

Arrwyn Ellavir

Arrwyn Ellavir
The fact that the spider girl wouldn’t be able to just blurt out her secret gave Arrwyn a bit of comfort, after all that simply meant that she didn’t have to worry about her secret getting exposed to anyone else, though she would have to ensure that the woman knew that this was one thing she was DEFINITELY keeping confidential. Just in case the girl somehow missed that fact. Still one would notice the relief evident on Arrwyn’s face, as she didn’t bother trying to hide it, as well as her body visibly relaxing somewhat, as though she were dropping her guard slightly, though she still would be notably worried.

After all, just because one person wouldn’t expose her, didn’t mean the head of the school’s security wouldn’t. She didn’t really know anything about the guy, so she wasn’t sure he WOULDN’T sell her secret to some Atlasian newspaper or something like that. The secret was something she’d always been taught to keep, after all it would embarrass the entire Ellavir house if it became public knowledge. Still Arrwyn knew she’d stalled long enough, and the fact her boots, being rather high set ones rather than the normal ones she wore for combat added some height, she knew she’d have to remove them.

After all, the academy would probably prefer her medical records were accurate, and the noble girl wasn’t all too sensitive about her height. There was also the fact she would have to take the boot off either way. So, she did, exposing the inhuman aspects of her swan feet. The trait, even though her skin weren’t bare, would still be notable.

A familiar wave of emotions was elicited from having her trait visible, most notably shame. Arrwyn was usually able to pretend she was human, just another well bred daughter of a noble Atlasian house, rather than the truth of the matter. The fact her family, and others aware of her trait had always treated her differently when her feet were visible had made it near reflexive to want to cover them somehow.

But as much as she wanted to, she was still a daughter of the Ellavir line, and so the shame, fear, and self-loathing all disappeared from visibility a moment later. She walked over to the measuring tape with some trepidation, her feelings masked by an expression of false pride. “Well if you’re that eager to get rid of me.” The noble girl teased, a playful lilt to her speech. Trying to distract herself more so than anything and avoid the obvious subject. “Though I don’t see why you’d wanna do that…” She continued trying to fake her normal confidence in herself.

Charlotte Monochrome

Charlotte Monochrome
Charlotte didn't even blink as the girl removed her shoes, there was nor judgement nor even really a response. It was a fact of life that people were faunus, she worse socks different to others as that was what her trait necessitated; it was likely a damn sight easier than Charlotte finding a dress to hit herself or shoes that she could even wear. In the case of the former she had to make them herself, in the case of the latter she had none. Socks to fit a faunus trait were sensible and nothing more, nothing less. There was only one thing that prompted a quirk from Charlotte, a raising of a brow but nothing more, how downcast the girl appeared at showing her trait. She knew people were picked on for traits less than her own, and that their suffering while not the same came from a different outlook, but really; feet? Had she some great lizard horn or tenticles for legs it would be understandable but these were just feet. Regardless Charlotte measured her, exactly the same height as she had been last time so there was no need for concern. The spider faunus took note of it, gesturing toward the scales for the faunus to stand.

"I will be here for as long as I am needed, there is nothing to worry about. If the injection takes badly I will sit with you until it is over and provide whatever medical aid is necessary, I am in no rush outside my own lunch break." Charlotte responded, trying not to sound pushy with that last line but perhaps coming off a little too strongly.

Arrwyn Ellavir

Arrwyn Ellavir
The seeming lack of reaction was almost unexpected, and Arrwyn realized she likely wasn’t near as well known within Bellmuse as she was within Atlas. It made sense, considering that her main claim to fame as it were was her family name, and even then most people weren’t too familiar with the Atlasian nobility outside the country understandably. Even more notable families like hers were likely only known vaguely if at all. Arrwyn wasn’t expecting sympathy from the half spider woman, but she’d still expected SOMETHING.

Still that was probably for the best, and even if her family name was noticed the spider girl seemed to be playing things professionally. Something that while somewhat anticlimactic was definitely preferable to the alternative. Arrwyn stepped on the scale without much prompting, while considering the spider girl for a moment. “Busy day?” She asked somewhat amused, noting the way that the medic had spoke of her lunch break.

Charlotte Monochrome

Charlotte Monochrome
"Hm, quite. Of course I can't give details for much the same reason I won't give out your own. Needless to say it's an important step in my major, if I couldn't handle this kind of pressure I wouldn't be prepared for the real world let alone practicing medicine in the wild. If I couldn't handle a couple of checkups and issues then I'd have no place in the woods or on savanna hunting Grimm, tending to the wounded as I go." Charlotte took note of her weight, she had already been underweight and she'd only gotten lighter. Shouldn't she have put on more muscle in training? A small to moderate weight gain was expected, not a loss of any sort. "You are a tech student yes? Are you not training for combat significantly? Have you stoped drinking or the like? You were underweight upon arriving and you have lost a little more, it's not dangerous but it's most certainly unexpected. Have you gone through a change in diet?"

Charlotte wasn't the most comfortable asking about weight questions, her own weight was abnormal and heavily fluctuated on a monthly if not weekly basis, but this was part of her job and something she'd have to get used to. She couldn't ignore a change in health, no matter how small. "Or is this a part of some different training, if so I would most certainly caution you. You're not significantly underweight but if you kept pushing it you would be."

Arrwyn Ellavir

Arrwyn Ellavir
Arrwyn nodded when the spider-woman explained, relieved to see that she seemed to take her oath to keeping people’s privacy as well. “I guess that makes sense, don’t think you’d want a medic who can’t keep a level head under pressure.” Arrwyn noted, thinking on the matter strategically. Something like that would probably end poorly for all parties involved. Arrwyn was a bit confused when the medical student began to barrage her with questions.

“I’ve had to be a bit more careful about what I eat, seafood allergy.” Arrwyn explained, thinking on it, She didn’t really diet much, but the local cuisine used seafood as a staple, making it a bit hard to judge what was ok to eat, and as she was used to higher class food in general, much of the food she saw was less than completely appealing as well simply because of that. As Arrwyn had always been a picky eater as well. Still she hadn’t expected something like that to have a negative health impact.

“I’ll try to eat better.” She reassured. “Though I’ve always been kind of underweight. My family’s doctors thought it had something to do with my semblance.” The noble explained, as she put her boots back on. Afterwards Arrwyn would then levitate off the ground a bit to demonstrate.

Charlotte Monochrome

Charlotte Monochrome
"Hmm, I suppose seafood is the most common produce here. Some change in weight should have been anticipated with your allergies, are you truly having that much trouble finding food?" Blaze brought a finger to her chin, analysing the prior establishments she had visited. Which provided the most food per calorie outside seafood, she had no idea of this young woman's price range. She would have recommended the salamander shops which were beginning to pop up in springwood but, alike toad, there was a high possibility this could trigger a reaction despite not being traditional fish. "Regardless this weight loss cannot continue, a continued decrease in weight will make training more difficult; let alone actual hunting. Production of muscle will decrease. You'll get no stronger, you'll probably even get weaker if you continue down this path. As a tech student perhaps muscle growth isn't your primary concern but it is important regardless. What was that about a semblance?" Charlotte gestured for the girl to take a seat on the bed, lowering the stethoscope from her shoulders.

"The academy will provide meals to meet that dietary requirement and while they're not the best tasting they are intended for hunters, high in protein and other nutrients. If you truly can't find other food." Charlotte was prepared to check her heart, awaiting the girl to make an opening.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum