You are not connected. Please login or register

In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:47 pm

Raziel Mirandale

Raziel Mirandale
Raziel entered the large cafeteria and was immediately hit with the overpowering scent of food, and not just any food, good food. With her nose it was clear to her all the way from the door that the food was going to be delicious. Trying not to drool all over herself Raziel calmly walked across the cafeteria to where the serving area laid in wait for her to ravage it.

Back in the orphanage the food they got was definitely not even low quality. She remembered the one night that truly drove that home for her. All the bread was moldy, what little meat there almost smelled rotten. Even so they hadn't eaten in almost two days so no one said no. Raziel's enhanced smell had told her to avoid the food like it was trying to kill her, and it turns out it was. Five of the other kids died within the next week.

The food that was now in front of her was definitely not bad. The meat looked and smelled great, the bread was freshly baked, and there was fruit, FRUIT! Raziel grabbed two plates and began to pile them high with as much food as she could take. Heck even during her time with the White Fang she hadn't seen so much food. With her plates sufficiently stacked Raziel headed for a table with no one else near by and sat down. The hunger in her eyes must have been obvious to anyone who looked on at her, but she didn't care. Raziel's tail swished back and forth excitedly as she prepared to feast.

Teru Silvers

Teru Silvers
Teru was already in the cafeteria, her plate loaded with some food to get her through the day. Most notably was bacon. Sure if she ate a lot she COULD get fat, but with their regimen of exercise? unlikely. She actually needed these calories just to get by. It was very important, not to mention VERY delicious. She was still alone, but took heart in those creature comforts she had the utmost faith in, like food. Food hadnt betrayed her. Oh sure eat some bad fish and you get the runs for a day or two but it wasnt trying to hurt you.

Looking around the room between bites, everyone seems to be talkative. Someone had at least one someone else to talk to. For the first time in awhile, she felt a twang at her heart. Was she...lonely? It would be natural for her to be lonely, but she didnt want to regard it. She liked being alone. Meeting people was scary.

Bet it wasnt like it for that girl. She seemed outgoing...aaaand now she was sitting at Her table. It was like they had been invisible to each other. Teru is paralyzed for a few moments before managing to get out a quiet word or two:

"um....hello. I can move if you wanted to eat alone."

That was more for Teru than her.

Raziel Mirandale

Raziel Mirandale
As soon as she was sat down Raziel began digging in with no regard for mannerisms. She was so focused on her food that she didn't even notice the girl she had sat down across from until she spoke up. Well honestly speaking up was a bit of a stretch, she was quiet, but Raziel's large fox ears picked up her voice easily. Raziel looked up at the girl a piece of bread half in her mouth while one of her hands was grabbing a piece of thin meat and the other a piece of fruit. She froze there for a second, how had she missed this girl? Razing an eyebrow Raziel scarfed down the rest of the bread that was in her mouth.

“No it's fine. I don't mind some company while I eat,” Raziel said just before stuffing the piece of fruit into her mouth. “My name's Raziel. It's a pleasure to meet you,” Raziel spoke simultaneously eating the piece fruit in her mouth. Man this food was delicious.

Teru Silvers

Teru Silvers
This girl was a hungry as she was it seems. And had a more egregious lack of manners. The only thing more noticeable than that was her huge fluffy ears. She was a faunus too...guess they had something in common, even if she hadnt initially thought so. Course, Teru was a bit paralyzed, not sure how to proceed. Name...tell her your name.

"My name is Teru...its nice to meet you too."

She says, still keeping that quiet tone of voice. seems she was a bit shy eh?

"your ears...you're a faunus right?"

course she was, but it was rude to be presumptuous. plus maybe she could actually weave in some conversation in here, and relax enough so she can eat again.

Raziel Mirandale

Raziel Mirandale
Raziel continued to scarf down her food as the obviously shy girl across from her introduced herself: Teru. Next she commented on Raziel's large ears. She half lauged at this, well as much as she could with a mouth full of food. Clearing her mouth with a large gulp Raziel spoke up.

“Yeah I am, there are plenty Faunus who hide their traits, but with ears as big as these and this tail.” Raziel's tail swung around so that it was easily visible to Teru, “It's kind of hard to hide my race. Not that that's a bad thing mind you. My tail helps me stay balanced no matter what, and these ears allow me to hear just about everything.”

Raziel pointed her finger at a boy not to far off eating with a girl. “For instance, I can tell you that the boy over there likes the girl because I can hear his heart beating pretty fast.”

Teru Silvers

Teru Silvers
Oh yeah...guess those big ears might hear better than her little ones. she lets them flick up to show that she too, is a faunus, her face turning a little red at the display of prowess using said ears.

"Ah...I hear it too."

Indeed she did. the heartbeat of that boy was certainly quickened. So thats what it was like huh...

"Its good to meet another faunus. I know there are some at this school. you dont like to hide it either."

She finally takes another bite of her meal, not a huge one, but she actually chews and swallows before speaking again

"I have a strange question. if you'll listen."

7In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:47 pm

Raziel Mirandale

Raziel Mirandale
Raziel watched as two little cat ears poked up from Teru's head. She had to forcibly hold back a loud sequel at the pure cuteness of those ears. By the fates! So cute! Raziel stopped eating for a second staring at Teru's ears resisting the urge to jump over the table and hug the girl. “Nah, I'm proud of being a Faunus and see no reason to hide what I am,” Raziel said a large smile coming across her face, her tail swishing back and forth.

“Sure ask away!” Raziel responded to Teru asking if she could ask something. Kind of odd, asking if you could ask something, but whatever. Raziel resumed eating as she had been before. One would almost thing that she had a black hole in her stomach the way she ate. One thing after another flew into her mouth ash Raziel ate still paying attention to the Faunus girl she sat across from.

8In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:51 pm

Teru Silvers

Teru Silvers
She takes a deep breath. How did people even ask something like this? she lived in seclusion most of her life, so she hadnt had many friends. And this girl...she got a good vibe from her. She wasnt sure if she could trust her yet, but she seemed like she could maybe help in social situations.

"Um...I dont have a friend yet. So, if its no trouble, would you mind being my friend?"

her face turns red after she asks. It felt foolish. She'd probably think Teru was weird or uncool or something. Wouldnt anyone? But how else could she learn how to make a friend? She wanted one, even if she didnt directly realize it. Her eyes glance nervously at Raziel, scanning her face and body language for any hints. all she had so far was an insatiable hunger.

9In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:24 pm

Raziel Mirandale

Raziel Mirandale
Raziel almost choked on her food in surprise. Well that was the silliest question she had ever been asked. “Of course you can be my friend,” Raziel said a happy grin taking up her face. Well this girl definitely was a strange one, but that was okay. Raziel had been too when she was younger. Of course her life hadn't allowed for her to stay that way for long. Teru was lucky, in a way, that she could still be so awkward.

“You know, I just got here the other day, so I don't really know that many people. It would be nice to have a friend,” Raziel said to Teru. With that she whet back to scarfing down the various food items on her two plates. At this point she was about one fourth of the way though her two plates. “So, Teru, where do you come from, before you came here? To Syne I mean?”

10In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:51 pm

Teru Silvers

Teru Silvers
Well that went better than expected! all things considered, she now had a friend, embarrassing and awkward as that may have been. Raziel was actually really nice, she was beginning to see. But now she was beginning to ask some personal questions. how to respond?

"Lets see...I'm not totally sure where it is, but I lived alone with my family in the woods outside Bellmuse. Its not very exciting I know, but I liked it."

she didnt even know about the white fang. Her parents had never told her. Only that they left to live there because it was safer for them. Grimm attacks and all...

"what about you then?"

She could ask the same in return right?

11In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:13 am

Raziel Mirandale

Raziel Mirandale
Definitely a sheltered life, Raziel decided as Teru spoke about her upbringing. And as it was only fair that she told about herself. “Well I grew up in an orphanage. I don't exactly remember where it was. Wasn't the nicest of places, but it was a place to live. I was adopted by a Faunus woman when I was like five, I think. We traveled around the world from Atlas to Vale, just about everywhere really. She taught me to fight, raised me, hell she was basically my mom.” Raziel was tempted to talk about the White Fang, but she decided it was best not to. “It was a lot of fun. We took a trip out here to Bellmuse at one point and I loved it. It was also how I got this scar.” Raziel showed Teru the long scar on her right arm, “But when I saw that there was an academy here I enrolled right away.” All of that was true, but some of it was purposefully left out.

12In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:34 am

Teru Silvers

Teru Silvers
Well, Raziel certainly had more of an exciting life than Teru had. She felt a little bad even trying to compare their upbringing. But if Raziel was comfortable with her past to a degree, then that was alright enough. Teru begins eating again, starting to settle into this conversation. she was getting more relaxed, and it was obvious

"Thats a lot more than I had happen to me. Aside from Grimm attacks, nothing really happened to us out there. It was good practice for the hunts I went on. And combat."

she had learned all her skills from her faunus father. she was the product of an illicit marriage, thought even she didnt know that. Her parents wouldnt tell her, and she never suspected. how naive.

"But you seem really happy now...so thats good."

13In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:50 am

Raziel Mirandale

Raziel Mirandale
Teru seemed to be relaxing now. Good, it was always easier to talk to someone when both parties were relaxed. Besides they were friends now. “Never be ashamed of your past, Teru. It made you who you are today, but still allays be open to change. To become a new and better you,” Raziel said. That philosophy teacher must have rubbed off on her. Raziel continued to scarf down her food.

“Yeah I am pretty happy here. The people are nice, I haven’t run into anyone who hates us Faunus, and the food is some of the best I've ever had.” Raziel said remembering some of the good, and not so good meals she had eaten in the past. “So, what kind of things do you like do do, Teru?” Raziel asked, “Growing up out in the middle of nowhere I bet you had to come up with some interesting stuff to keep from dying of boredom.”

14In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:58 am

Teru Silvers

Teru Silvers
What kind of things did she like to do? Well that was simple:

"Well, I spent a lot of my time hunting or fishing. So I really enjoy the outdoors. spending time there amongst the leaves in fall, when the forest is at its best. Trying to move silently through the crisp and new fallen leaves, so that a deer wont detect you. If you couldnt, you didnt eat. Since we hunted all the meals at our table. I got kinda good at it."

Seems she was quite more talkative now eh? A subject she likes, or perhaps the mere fact that people know about themselves the best. Raziels words gave her stuff to ponder too. Never be ashamed of your past, as it made you who you are, huh?

"I dont think I ever got bored. I just didnt let myself be bored. Its all that stuff I did that got me my weapons, and my semblance too."

The past really did form the present...

15In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:31 am

Raziel Mirandale

Raziel Mirandale
Raziel was amazed by the answer she revived to her question. That sounded dreamy. “Wow you sound like someone from a novel! That's awesome,” Raziel said continuing to eat. Everyone had a story to tell, everyone had a past, good or bad. Raziel was reminded of some of the times when Julyet and herself had lived out in the middle of nowhere for a month or two. They had to hunt their own food, so it was possible for her to imagine what it might have been like for Teru. If only a little bit. Teru commented on her semblance and weapon. “That's cool. If you don't mind me asking, what is your semblance?"

"Oh! Oh! I should Introduce you to Aka'Ken,” Raziel said with more than a hint of excitement in her voice. She was sure that Aka'Ken would love to meet Teru, he always liked new people. Though some he liked to stab.

16In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:52 am

Teru Silvers

Teru Silvers
"one thing at a time, okay?"

she says, just trying to curb that enthusiasm a little bit so they could actually get to answering all those questions and requests posed in that last little blurb she spat out. Now...

"My semblance is...well its...a little hard to describe. But my father always called it 'hunting mode'. Its like what you get when you feel the thrill of the hunt. I can see sounds and smells, and people cant see me. It makes me a silent predator."

She says rather nonchalantly. Seems under that innocent attitude there was a person ready and willing to hunt down an enemy. Who knew how or why?

"who or what is aka'ken?"

17In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:18 am

Raziel Mirandale

Raziel Mirandale
“Oh wow that's pretty cool!” Raziel commented on Teru's semblance, “That must make it really easy to follow around your prey and stuff.” Raziel had found that most peoples semblances were way cooler than hers, not that she didn't like hers, but sometimes she wished it could do more. But on the other hand just about no one was as strong as she was, heck even without her semblance she was one of the strongest people at Syne, if not the strongest.

“Oh Aka'Ken? He's my battle partner. Juyliet, the woman who raised me, gave him to me when I was younger. He's kind of heavy, but he is good at what he does, and he's very nice,” Raziel spoke as though the sword were a person, because to her it was. That sword had been with her though thick and thin, sickness and health, everything. “I bet he would really like you.”

18In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:33 am

Teru Silvers

Teru Silvers
Heavy? Battle partner? was this a person? or a weapon...now she was actually kind of curious. Aka'Ken...what was it? him?

"where is he?"

That was the obvious question to ask here, wasnt it?

"Actually first...WHAT is aka'ken, exactly? A weapon? a person?"

She was starting to really like Raziel. Again, the trust wasnt all there yet, but she felt much more relaxed now. It was always so awkward when two people just met. And she hated that.

19In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:15 am

Raziel Mirandale

Raziel Mirandale
“Oh he's in my jet locker thingy.” Raziel said scarfing down the last of her food. Damn that was a good meal. Raziel leaned back letting out a sigh of content. It had been a long while since she had eaten like that. But with strength like hers the energy had to come from somewhere. With a long sigh Raziel patted her belly complementing it on a job well done.

Teru asked her what Aka'Ken was. Well that was a silly question. Wasn't it obvious? “Aka'Ken is both. He's a person, but he is in the body of a sword,” Raziel said like it was the most common thing in the world. Hell wasn't everyone's weapon a person really? A manifestation of their soul? Not just a tool for killing but a part of the person. Wow. That was deep. Maybe she had a carer in philosophy ahead of her.

20In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:20 am

Teru Silvers

Teru Silvers
So it was a weapon...AND a person!? She had heard of weapons being an extension of onesself, but that was a bit...extreme. She has tooth and claw, but they couldnt talk to her or anything. Now she had to see this for herself.

"alright. Lets go see him, and on the way I'll show you my semblance. It'll be a bit of a challenge. You hide, I'll try to find you."

It'd be a test of both of their abilities.

"But first, tell me about your semblance. I told you about mine..."

Well, she did. A I'll show you mine, you show me yours type deal maybe?

21In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:39 am

Raziel Mirandale

Raziel Mirandale
“Oh that sounds like fun, let's do it,” Raziel said excitedly. This would be fun. Raziel could almost always tell when someone tried to sneak up on her. The only person who ever could was Julyet. Razeil stood from the table ready to go.

“Oh my semblance, it's nothing special. Here I'll show you,” Raziel's entire body became engulfed in a sublime golden glow. “It's nothing special really, just makes me stronger. But when I'm using it I can all but bench press a truck.” It was true, even without her semblance she was stronger than even a competition weight lifter. Hell Raziel was a wreaking crew all by herself.

“Now let's do this,” Raziel said taking off out of the cafeteria.  Once out she immediately went in the opposite direction as the lockers. Hopefully this would start to throw Teru off of her trial. And if that wasn't enough she would start to get inventive.

Aura: 90/100

22In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:44 am

Teru Silvers

Teru Silvers
Wow. A straight up strength buff. Nice. Simple and effective. but it was time to show Raziel what years of being a hunter and semblance to back it up could do. The whole time she had been focusing on Her. Her smell. Of course it was weak, and it was hard to differentiate from the rest in the room, but as soon as she bolted out of the cafeteria, Teru was right behind her. Her eyes took on a new shape, feline and yellow, as her body begins to fade out of existence it would seem. Invisible, things seem muted to her...but not that trail of smell clearly leading her in the opposite direction of the lockers. clever girl. Taking off at a lithe, graceful sprint, she dashes after the scent trail.

The hunt was on...

23In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:23 am

Raziel Mirandale

Raziel Mirandale
Raziel recalled what Teru had said about her semblance. She could smell and hear better with it. Fine then first things first, mask her scent. She darted towards the courtyard. There was a fountain there, and at this time of day there would also be plenty of people there.

Sure enough the area was rather packed. Which would also help her mask her sounds. Raziel headed straight for the fountain. A few people stared at her as she ran, but she didn't care. Water splashed everywhere as she ran through one of the waterfalls in the fountain. For only long enough to smell like drenched fur Raziel stood under the water, then she took off again.

Now to keep Teru on her toes Raziel ran for one of the buildings. Maybe she could find nice loud area to distract Teru's enhanced hearing. Such a power was useful but it was a double edged sword, too much noise and it would be hard for her to focus.

24In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:35 am

Teru Silvers

Teru Silvers
Continuing her little hunt, Teru reaches the fountain, the scent trail dying off into the water. Clever girl, changing her scent so quickly. So she was sharp was she? Luckily she still had sound. And she knew how to find Raz with just a sound. Continuing her phase form, she rushes off towards the nearby building. Shed want to hide sooner or later wouldnt she? That seemed a likely place.

Listening in, she can see the heartbeats of students. Most were stable. calm. Relaxed. But one...one was moving. And it was beating quickly. Either some after-school fun time, or a running Raziel.

"found you..."

and she was off, sprinting again towards the racing heartbeat.

25In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Empty Re: In the Cafeteria (Private:Raziel/Teru) Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:54 am

Raziel Mirandale

Raziel Mirandale
Oh come on there had to be one around here somewhere. Somehting. Anything. Raziel continued to dash down the halls of the school darting one direction the changing to another. Bingo! There was the sound of a band, who knew the school had one of those? Making haste she headed directly for the sound. As she drew closer a grin came across her face, this group was loud. Brass instruments could be that way. Raziel passed as close as she could to the room without entering it.

Hopefully that would throw her off, and if not there was still more to come. Raziel began to make for the nearest exit. Oh look an open window. Being that she was only two stories up she decided for the shortcut. Wind rushed past Raziel as she plummeted towards the ground. Upon landing she rolled so as to absorb the shock and make as little noise as possible.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum