You are not connected. Please login or register

Playing with wax, (solo shadow mission (finished))

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

merlynn

merlynn
Merlynn was up early this morning before her roommates would have stured and headed out with out her sword which was now on a rack on display on the wall.  today was her shadowing of North Waxamillion who's shop she passed two years ago coming to school.  she dressed, up in a rather nice outfit even though it still was ruined and torn at her legs and arms but at least she was not showing as much skin.  Taking only her scroll with her she took the air ship to town how ever that plain was a little rocky as the pilot was teaching some one else. she was holding on to the arms of her chair so tight she almost crushed them while white knuckling.  She was so glad to be back on the ground making her way to the candle shop. Upon getting there she looked at the door and scratched the top of her head. "I hope this goes alright."  entering the wave of scented wax filled her faunus nose making her sneeze very loudly as she did  a old man came out from the back room and  looked at her seeing her head in her arm as if to cover her nose seeing her antlers he lets out a little laugh.

"its a bit strong scented in here, are you looking for any thing specific?" merlynn walked in more sniffling as she held out her scroll and looked at the old man. "i'm here for a shadowing." she said looking North as he held a hand to his good ear. "come again Miss."
she closed the gap. "I'm here for a shadowing!.." she said this with some tone to it for him to hear. "Oh right right!" he stood tall and there was a small crack in his back as she looked at her. "follow me!" heading in to the back room.  Merlynn followed looking at all the amazing looking candles.

{325 words}

Last edited by merlynn on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://theeighthcontinent.forumotion.com/

merlynn

merlynn
The back room was quite cozy as the warmth of burners heated the place. North Sat down at a table in the room and looked at her. "please sit we shall begin by starting with some basic making." merlynn walked in and sat down and looked at him. "oh do you think we could do some thing a little more advanced? I used to make candles with my parents when I was little." she said it with the same tone she used that he could hear her. North looked at her with a smiles and clapped his hands. "Oh good i hate doing basic teachings its nice when a student knows a little bit So any you might fancy learning to do?" she nodded and showed him a hand carved candle with tapering wax in the shape of a hear in some places but some of the more upper parts where in the shape of antlers. "could you show me how to make candles like this? or at least how do you do ones like this." the man raised a brow at the image on her scroll and stroked his bread taking the scroll looking at the candle. "where did you find a picture of this..." merlynn looked in confusion. "Its my parents wedding candle." He had his bad ear to her and he turned held a hand to his ear again. "come again miss?" she took a deep breath and yelled at him. "IT"S MY PARENTS WEDDING CANDLE!" the man nodded and handed the scroll back. "That candle....I made it." merlynn was in awe that he made it. "really can you show me those candles are so pretty!" her face beamed with excitement as she took back the scroll. He let out a grunt as he sat down. "now Missy that ones too advanced... lets start with your basic Carved candle." merlynn nodded as she sat back listening to his speech about the craft he was going to show her.

{332 words}

merlynn

merlynn
Over the course of a few hours Merlynn And North worked up what tools where used for what methodes in the carving of the candles. "now while its still hot to move it in to place." Showing merlynn each step he did while with her own candle she had a nice crreamy blue mixed with white giving it quite the pretty color set up, copied but hers was not as smooth in some places also her finger pressed in to hard in some places causing divet from her nails. but she was doing it basically the same as him. he looked over as his lessons went on him speaking and she listened It went rather smoothly for the most part. After all she was only on the first practice candle. Working its over she finished the first one her looked like a very bad amitur did it because of her trying to be soft with the wax came as a difficult struggle to over come.

(165 words)

merlynn

merlynn
the time went by fast as merlynn quickly caught on to how to do the candles. She showed that the more she did it with in hours she was nearly perfecting the method, still very slow compared to the old man but she kept that details clean he looked over her shoulder. "you're doing well i see you catch on fast." she blushed a little as she tore the wax a little further when he spoke. "I learn better when playing with my hands... its why I excel faster in fighting class and anything when it comes to using my hands but it takes me a little time to get the rhythm down." the old man chuckled seeing her break the wax a little to far. "try to be more genital with the wax. Its not a monster more like a lover." with that the old man walked away and merlynn tilted her head and though about it. Slowly she stated to make pasterns with the wax shavings on the side while thinking about a very powdery doe. she got even more flustered thinking about her but got the candle done sooner.

(192 words)

merlynn

merlynn
After the time was up merlynn had the candle all cooled she had made and looked at North. "thank you sir for this time." he held a ear to her as he didn't catch what she said too well. "I said thank you sir for your lessons." North smiled and nodded to her as merlynn went on her way with new knowledge of a fine simple craft. her now personal candle she had made was hers too keep as she made her way to the air ship and once again looked back at the shop not knowing when she might see it again but was glad to have had the opportunity to enjoy the cozy warm comfort around the warm wax that had coated her fingers missing the times when she used to make candles with her parents from beeswax, it was a nice memory as the air ship took off with her in it she held back on to the chair once again it was the horrid student driving once again.

(exit)

(172 words finished with topic at 1186 words)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum