You are not connected. Please login or register

Brief Moments Before the Storm [Training/Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kei

Kei

Kei

Time: May 19th, 1100

It was another glorious day in Bellmuse as the sun high in the sky illuminated the streets and roads of the city. Bellmuse Central was bustling with people as everyone went on with their daily lives. Kei made his way into the backstreets of Bellmuse Central, to a deceivingly sketchy looking shop. 'Toys of the West' was a shop that didn't look too impressive on the outside, with windows boarded up and graffiti across its walls. The sign itself that hung above the store was far past its prime, corroded and rusted. To any random bystander, the Toys of the West would seem like it was long out of business.

Kei would be leaving Bellmuse soon, traveling to Atlas to take care of major issues involving the Exalted. Knowing full well the challenges he would be facing in the future, his previous encounters with the Exalted went far from perfect. Masura the Serial Killer, Von the Havacker, and the Grimm Reaper one, each one of his encounters he had with an Exalted Officer left him nearly dead. There was no telling how many more he had to face. If he had any hope of winning against all of them, Kei needed better equipment, better skills, and overall had to get stronger.

Kei walked up to the front entrance of 'Toys of the West' which was a large, heavy oak door, with a small, metal panel in the center of it, which can be opened from the other side and used as peak hole. Lifting his right arm, Kei knocked on the large wooden door.

[264/1750]

Mood: Casual
Condition: Fine
Health: 210
Aura: 150

Status, Health, Aura, Equipment Conditions:

Damage:

Kei

Kei

Kei

"Who is it?" A timid voice came from behind the door.
"Why don't you open up and see for yourself..." Kei said annoyed, "Seriously, what kind of shop keeps people out like this to begin with? That's only going to turn people away. Again, really bad for business."

A small, metal panel in the center of the door slid open, revealing behind it, a pair of small, beady eyes behind thick, round glasses.
"Oh. It's you... again." The owner of the shop sadly said, as if Kei's presence was an absolute disappointment."
"What's with that tone?" Kei questioned, still very annoyed, "Don't tell me you don't want me here. I'm not about to leave. So hurry and let me in."
Yeah yeah..." The owner of the shop grumbled from behind the door as he closed the viewing panel.

Next came a series of clicks as the owner of the shop undid the several different locks and bolts that kept the door locked. Honestly, Kei thought it was a bit much, but then again, he found the owner of the shop weird to begin with. After about half a minute of undoing locks, the thick door slid open. Wasting no time, Kei stepped into the interior of the workshop.

[472/1750]

Mood: Annoyed

Damage:

Kei

Kei

Kei

The interior of the room looked the exact same since Kei was last here. Random gadgets, many whom Kei couldn't even begin to imagine the intended purpose, were all strewn about the room, filling any available place in the room, may it be a shelf, a table, and even on the floors in the corners of the room. Among these gadgets, a ton of trash from food that was pre-made or easy to make, like cup noodles, also were thrown about.

"I see you're still a complete mess," Kei said stepping into the room, speaking to the owner, "Honestly I'm not all that surprised."
"It's better for the mind," The owner replied, pointing a hand at his head, "It's less brainpower wasted on things that... aren't so important."
"Do you ever go outside?" Kei asked as he stepped over a cup of instant noodles, "From the looks of it, you could probably die tomorrow, and no one would notice for weeks on end."
"Its safer in here then it is outside," The owner responded defensively, as though he was defending his existence, "Who cares if no one would know if I died or not, within the safety of my home, the probability of death is many times less then if I took a step outside."

Kei just shook his head, making his way to a couch in the center of the room. Making room on the couch, Kei sat down in it. The owner of the shop pulled up a chair and sat several meters across from Kei.

"So... what do you want... you know, so I can get you to leave..." The owner replied, hesitantly.

[748/1750]

Damage:

Kei

Kei

Kei

Kei raised his right arm and pulled down the sleeve of his trench coat that covered it in response to the owner who asked Kei what he had wanted. Doing so revealed the Quad-Barrel Wrist Rocket launcher that was secured to Kei's right.

"This." Kei simply replied, "I'll need a bit more... firepower."
"More... firepower?" The owner asked curiously, "Was it not good enough from when I first made that for you?"

The owner paused for a moment as he got a better look at the weapon on Kei's arm. The Quad-Barrel wrist rocket launcher was battered, dented and scratched all over as a result of the countless battles Kei had been through. The suddenly reached out and grabbed the weapon on Kei's wrist.

"W-w-what did you do to this!" The owner freaked out, "Do you have no respect for this stuff?!"
"Let go of me!" Kei growled as he pulled his arm out of the grasp of the owner, "A tools a tool. Acting like it's anything more is just make believing."
"You're a pain..." The owner sighed, "Just take it off, I'll see what I can do... I guess."

[940/1750]

Damage:

Kei

Kei

Kei

Complying to the wishes of the owner of the shop, Kei removed first the Quad-Barrel wrist rocket launcher from his right arm, then followed with his left, setting the two weapons on the table in front of him.

"Before I get started on anything else," The owner of the shop spoke up, standing from his seat as he did, "I'll need to fix this gear up. Not only does it look bad, but it also gives me a bad reputation..."
"You? A bad reputation?" Kei couldn't help but chuckle, "Don't make me laugh. You're already a lost cause."
"No... I mean. Not lost?" The shop owner started awkwardly, "Nevermind. I can't talk to you, let me just get to work already."
"Yea yea," Kei said as he sat back in the couch, "Let's just get on with it already."
"Alright alright," The shop owner replied, "The repairs itself shouldn't take too long. I'd give that maybe an hour? I happen to have spare parts lying around. As for the upgrade itself, maybe two hours? It's nothing crazy long for what I'm trying to do. I had some prototypes I've been meaning to test. Let me add them in the upgrade, and I'll give you a discount for testing them for me."
"Um... Prototypes?" Kei hesitated, "Is this safe?"
"Ehh... more or less." The owner said, "In all means, it depends on the person."
"Depends on the person? How exactly?"
"How much luck do you think you have?" The shop owner replied.
"Not enough if you ask me." Kei frowned, "How much of a discount are we talking?"
"Eh, half off?"
"Half off..." Kei pondered for a moment.

It was a pretty good deal, even if it was a bit of a gamble. Then again, at heart, Kei was a gambler. Admittedly not too good of one, but that didn't dissuade him.

"We're all bound to die one day anyways I suppose," Kei said, deciding on his decision, "I'll leave it to fate and luck. Throw on whatever prototypes you had in mind."
"Very good," The shop owner grinned, "This'll take a bit, so feel free to wait here or go out somewhere, just be back in 3 hours."
Kei simply nodded and said nothing in response.

With that, the owner of the shop, picked up the two Quad-Barrel wrist launchers sitting on the table and stood up. From there, he made his way to the back of the room, going through a wooden door that led to the rest of the building, presumably to where his workshop was located. With nothing better to do at the very moment, Kei simply remained on the couch. Pulling out his scroll, Kei opened up the app 'Flappy Nevermore, intending to kill several hours on it.

[1402/1750]

Damage:

Kei

Kei

Kei

The owner of the shop returned a few hours later. He was sweating all over, which only hinted at how tirelessly he worked.
"I think... you'll like this." The owner of the shop started, "Follow me."

Not entirely sure why he needed to follow the owner, Kei stood up off of the couch and followed the owner as he led Kei through the door that led into the rest of the building. The building was much larger then Kei had originally anticipated. A straight hallway made it's way past a dozen other doors. He could only wonder what sort of shenanigans the owner had going on in each of them. It wasn't long before they reach the very end of the hallway. Leading Kei and himself through the doorway that was the entrance of this last room, The owner of the shop revealed a shooting range. The room itself was large, a single large glass as well as several gun stands separated the entrance of the room with the rest of it. The rest of the room behind the large glass was a single, long corridor that extended for 30 meters, At the end of the room, several targets stood on metal poles.

"A shooting range?" Kei said in disbelief, "How'd you get this?"
"I knocked out the walls between this building and the neighboring one and connected them. Pretty cool huh?" The owner said excitedly, then shook his head, "It's a shame I can't really show this off though. It breaks some building regulations. That's besides the point though,"

The owner quickly continued as he laid out a breifcase on one of the gun stands in the room. Opening the breifcase, the owner revealed the contents inside. Within was the newly refurbished twin Quad-Barrel wrist rocket launchers. Each pained black, the scratches and dents were all removed. On the outside, not much was changed on each of the launchers. The only noticeble difference was that each of the launchers were a bit larger.

"Try them on." The owner encouraged.

Curious to see the changes, Kei pulled down his right sleeve and equipped the right wrist launcher.

"Though they are a bit larger," The owner began to speak, "I tried to make them as concealable as possible, as I understand the importance in that in, well... whatever you do. Of course, the launchers itself won't get caught on your sleeve, making reloading a quick process. Right now, only the tip of the launcher actually sits outside of your sleeve, and as a result, I was able to do something pretty cool. Aim down the range.

Lifting his right arm and pointing it down the range, a transparent holographic image was emitted from the tip of the wrist launcher. The image itself was in the shape of a triangle. In the center of it, was a single red dot. A few moments after aiming it down the range, a red box began to blink around one of the targets.

"Its a lock on system." The owner spoke up, "Using the holographic sight, it's now possible to lock onto targets that are within view. As long as it's in view, rockets fired from the launcher will lock onto the target."
"Seriously?!" Kei said excitedly, "Where did you get this from?"
"Eh... well... let's not say exactly where I got it from," The owner scratched his head awkwardly, "This stuff isn't exactly available to civilians yet. If anyone asks you though, remember, don't tell them that, or that you got it from me even."
"Right... Anything else I should know?"
"The rockets themselves can only guide to anything within a 15 degree range of anything in front of them. If a target moves outside of this range, the rocket will lose them. I mean, these aren't perfect heat-seeking rockets, but they will seriously increase your accuracy."
"What about the firepower?" Kei asked.
"In order to preserve the actual size of the rocket, I couldn't add too much power to it. As of right now, each rocket will have no problem penetrating lightly armored targets. As long as you're not fighting something like a deathstalker or an Atlesian Paladin, you shouldn't face any problems overcoming enemy defenses."

Kei nodded in satisfaction, dropping his right arm, which caused the holographic sight to disappear. This would do it, and with it, the preparations were in place. Next stop, Atlas.

[Exit]

[2123/1750]

Damage:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum