You are not connected. Please login or register

A "Friendly" Sparring Match (1x1 Closed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A "Friendly" Sparring Match (1x1 Closed) Empty A "Friendly" Sparring Match (1x1 Closed) Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:04 am

Varialis

Varialis
Varialis paced anxiously back and forth near the training yard. Smacking around training dummies wasn't good enough because they couldn't fight back. Fighting Grimm was out of the question because you either needed to get permission from and instructor to hunt, or take the time/stress to sneak into the forest to find one. Varialis once again had the itch for combat.

"WAAGH..." He made a sound similar to a distressed manatee and flopped to the ground with the beauty and grace of a wall-eyed rhinoceros. He stared up at the sky with boredom and simply watched the clouds drift by. "So peaceful... Too peaceful... Maybe just fall asleep right here, wake up when I'm not so bored... Yeah... Sounds pretty good to me..."

He closed his eyes for a few long moments, and all was quiet in the world. All save for Varialis' thoughts. He abruptly started rolling back and forth, flailing about. It must have been a sight to see from an outsiders perspective.

Salem Ambrosius

Salem Ambrosius
"So many tests to study for! So many placement exams!! SO MANY OPPORTUNITIESTHAT I'LL MISS IF I FAIL THESE!!!" The Cleric-cloaked girl, Salem, rambled on and on as she ran into the training yard. "Wait a minute, the library isn't past the training yard, is it?" She asked herself, trying to juggle her books in one hand while reaching into her back with the other, looking for the school map. 

"Is the library even on this map? Hold up, where is the training grounds on this thing? Are they even labeled on here?!?" 

Salem then began to pace back and forth. The anxiety of missing study time was filling her head with all sorts of horrifying thoughts. "Oh my god oh my god oh my god! What do I do! First I'm gonna fail these exams, then I'm gonna get put in a bad team, then we're gonna be sent in combat and I won't be ready, and then everyone's going to die because I won't know enough about being a medic to help, then I'm gonna be expelled, and then I'm gonna try to redeem myself but it's not gonna work and I'll be eaten by a pack of hungry grimm."

The girl then began to ball as she continued pacing the grounds, unaware of anything going around her due to her thoughts of the future. That is, until, she tripped on a flailing boy in the middle of the field. 

"Eek!" Salem shouted as she fell onto her face, her books falling out of the air, and snaking her right on the head. "Owwwww," she groaned, looking around to see what she had tripped on. Her face turned red as the sun as she realized that it was a person!

"I'm so sorry I'm so sorry I'm so sorry!!!!" She began to repeat, over and over again as once again, she started hyperventilating.

Varialis

Varialis
Varialis yelled out "Woah!!" He did so more out of shock than anything else. He did his best to block the 1 or 2 books that actually fell on him, and was relatively unharmed by the whole ordeal. He slowly turned his head toward the sound of rampant speaking. Varialis blinked twice as he recognized a semi-familiar face 'Oh, it's that cute girl again. Her name was...Salami? No, Salem, I think.'

He looked around and saw the scattered books all on the ground nearby, also realizing that she was talking to him. That was when it dawned on him. He rolled over and wordlessly picked up her books for her. Setting them on the ground next to Salem. The cheerful faunus stood up and put his hand forward to offer to help her up and coughed into his other fist. "Ahem... My fault." He could tell that she was stressed enough right now without him adding on.

Salem Ambrosius

Salem Ambrosius
As the man reached down to help Salem up, She shook her head. "I got it, really, I do." She spoke, helping herself up. "I-" She let out a sigh. "I've caused you enough trouble." Salem then let out a little giggle, and began to reach down for the remaining books that were still on the ground. There were books ranging from the history of Dust, to old foreign medical practices. 

"I, I can get on my way, I'm sure you don't need soneone like me here, interfearing with your, uhm... practices." She spoke, picking up the books from off the ground. She then darted up, staring at the man in fear. 

"N-not that you need practice!" She shouted. "I mean no offense, I'm just assming that you were on the training grounds for practice. You are an great fighter, I'm sure." She hen let ou an uncomfortable laugh, however it was then she realized she knew this strange man. 

No, this strange Faunus. 

"Oh my god." She spoke, falling to her knees. "I didn't even recognise you... I'm sorry Va-" She then stopped, crap, what was his name? She then slammed her head into the ground. "God damn it..."

Varialis

Varialis
Varialis had his classic smile on his face. "Nah, I was just having a freak out moment out of pure boredom. That's no excuse to be in the way of people." His smile dropped to a pout "Even if I want to hit something that might actually hit me back, and that actually wants to get hit mind you." His ears drooped comically and he puffed out his cheeks in a dramatic manner as he opened his eyes to see this girl on her knees and kissing the terrace.

"Oh my god! Are you okay!?! Did you hit your head!?! Should I get a doctor!?!" He spoke very fast even clenching his fists to use his semblance in case Salem didn't answer and completely not noticing what she had said about forgetting his name. 'Maybe she just has a very, VERY close... relationship with nature or something. I mean, it's probably not for me to judge, plus I should find out if she's okay before I make any assumptions.'

Salem Ambrosius

Salem Ambrosius
"No, no need for a doctor..." Salem spoke, refusing to move her head from the ground. "I'm fine... right here... In the dirt is where i belong..." She spoke, then letting out a few ,subtle, sobs. "Wait, you're name is Varialis right?" She asked, quickly perking back up. "I remember now," She then smiled, and extended her hand. "Salem Ambrosius, first year Medicle Student at Syne Academy..." 

She then reached up, scratching the back of her head out of embrasment. "Buuuuuuuut you... already... knew that..." She then let out an uncomfortable giggle, "We've already met. Right. My bad." 

Salem then let out a sigh, "Well, You're, uhm, not hurt, are you? I did trip on you... and fall on you... and drop books on you..." She then shook her head. "No no no, this won't do. There has to be someway I can repay you," She spoke. "I got it!" Her eyes then lit up with excitment as she ran over to the end of the field, and put her books down. "I'll train with you!"

Varialis

Varialis
He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. 'Well, this girl certainly has a different personality. She went from horribly depressed to amazingly chipper in less than a few seconds. I think that I'm different, but it would be a rarity for me to pull that off.' Varialis stared down to the other end of the field at Salem. 'I mean, this is sort of what I'd been hoping for, although maybe someone that looked a bit... sturdier. I would rather not hurt this girl, but... she looks like she wants to train as much as I do.' He sighed and closed his eyes.

He pulled out his scroll and called for his locker, speaking all the while. "So what rules should we set forth for this engagement? Semblances? Out of bounds? No face or... below the belt?" He shivered a little bit at the last one, pulling his massive shield out of the locker, before sending it back to the sky for later. Varialis then whispered a fleeting thought to himself. "Repaying me for hitting me by hitting me more. Whatever works I guess." He chuckled a bit at the logic of the situation he now found himself in.

He also took the opportunity to stretch himself out a bit and get his aura combat ready. 'If she decides to use semblances for this fight, then I may have to turn this into a public spectacle. That shouldn't be too tough though, even if combat is common here, everyone likes to watch a fight every once in a while' His thoughts were punctuated with an audible cracking of his neck.

Salem Ambrosius

Salem Ambrosius
"Well, whatever you think would make for the better fight. We can ban semblance, dust, weapons, mm, now that I think about it, I should try and practice raw and to hand combat..." Salem then looked down at her right arm, and tapped the brace which kept her weapon, the Gaia Drill, close to her body. Then again, i've never fought without my weapon before, now tat I think about it, when was the last time I fought without Samson... She then turned around, "Hehehe, maybe we could thumb wrestle?" She spoke, taking a step back, and letting out a sigh.

"buuuuuuut, not with me." With a snap of her fingers, a large, violet crest appeared before her, "Have at it, The adaptable Golem, Samson!" A large hand then flew out of the crest, slamming against the ground, and grabbing on hard. The creature then clawed at the ground, quickly climbing out of the ground. The creature let out a roar as it's eight foot tall, clay-like body began to pulsate with a violet aura. "So, ready for that sparring match?" Salem asked, putting her hands behind her back in an attempt to look innocent.
----------------------------------------
Salem HP: 100/100
Aura: 170/200

Samson HP: 50/50
Current Element: None

Varialis

Varialis
Varialis scanned the field bit by bit. 'Mhm, a summon. This presents a problem and an opportunity. There's no way that I'm running through this without a scrape or two, but I might not even have to lay a hand on her to win. That's also a semblance which means that it's fair for me to do this.' He places his shield next to him and leans against it, holding his hand forward at the same time. "Not so fast there little prey. It would be a shame for you and I to be the only ones enjoying this little dust-up." He then proceeds to bite his middle and index finger between his teeth, and blows a shrill, piercing whistle throughout the air. "Everybody gather round!! Today a match between 2 of your classmates with be taking place... NO HOLDS BARRED!! Feel free to enjoy this splendid display, and be sure to stay clear of the battle zone!"

The before he's even finished his dog and pony show, a small crowd has started to form around their portion of the training yard. He then crouches down like a marathon runner and wraps his tail around his waist for safety. "Now the party can really start happening." He says as he takes off toward the opposition. He charges right at the golem, but jukes around it and guns for Salem with a shield punch aimed right for her stomach.

Summary: Varialis draws in a crowd before maneuvering around Salem's summon to strike her

Potential Damage: 50 [If struck]
Varialis HP: 200/200
Aura: 100/100

Salem Ambrosius

Salem Ambrosius
Salem watched as a few students came to watch the show. This was a combat oriented school after all, almost all of the students here enjoyed a good show. Alrighty then, I guess I have to put in a little bit of a effort. As she then began to look up, she watched as Varialis charged right for her Golem, just as planned. As he did so, she lifted up her right arm, activating her weapon. The Gaia driller opened up, and engulfed her form arm and hand, forming a large, two foot long drill right at her finger tips. She quickly pointed it towards her opponent, aiming it steady.

Just as planned, he just needs to get a few inches closer, while he's distracted with Samson, I'll- 

"What the hell are you doing!" She shouted, watching as Varialist quickly darting out of Samsons direction, and going right towards Salem. She quickly fired her drill towards him, using the recoil to push her back a few meters, barely causing her to dodge the attack. She slammed her feet into the ground as she whistled at Samson, their signal for him to charge towards their opponent. 

"Nice try," She spoke, a bit winded from the recoil, pressing the reload button for the chain connected to the drill to reel it back in.
---------------------------------------
(If hit)
  • Drill would have been easily hit aside by your in coming attack, but if you want to take damage from it, then -10hp.
  • Samson impact: -10hp

Salem HP: 100/100
Aura: 170/200

Samson HP: 50/50
Current Element: None

Varialis

Varialis
Varialis did in fact knock aside the attack from the drill, however his foresight would fail him when he  heard the approach of Salem's summon. He knew that he couldn't dodge fast enough for this one, so instead he decided to take advantage of the attack. He turned and butted his head right into the golem's fist, taking the full strike but stopping it cold nonetheless. "Grrrrrrr..." Varialis growled deeply from the back of his throat as he pushes forward. He twists around the golem and soon finds himself in very close quarters with the big guy. "You're a big one, but I'm bigger." Blackfort crouches down to a squat and makes an uppercut for Samson's head.

He doesn't even take the time to see if his strike had any effect before pushing away and combat rolling away and charging toward Salem holding his shield up like a battering ram.

Summary: Varialis narrowly stops Salem's drill attack, but take's Samson's strike directly in effort to eliminate him. Following up with a full Charge toward Salem.

Potential Damage:
70 to Samson
50 to Salem
Varialis HP: 190/200
Aura: 100/100

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum