You are not connected. Please login or register

Team Building

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Team Building Empty Team Building Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:52 pm

Morrigan Avalon

Morrigan Avalon
I feel like I waited a decent amount of time to give it another go.

If you're interested in being part of a team and/or expressed interest to do so in the past, time to (wo)man up!

If I understand correctly (correct me if I don't) once you agree on the four characters, you must make a roleplay thread with all four to get the approval from Leena. It is still unclear to me if in theory Syne academy arrange those or if it is up to the students.

We can discuss how we'll go about it here as it might not come naturally to all characters...

Every time I bring it up in chatbox there seems to been a lot of enthusiasm for team building, but the process seems to be laborious and not happen often on actual threads. If we end up with more then 4 people, maybe we can work on sister teams (like RWBY and JNPR) or something.

If we get the approval from moderators (they're welcome to participate too...) maybe we could even organise some sort of team building event. Like Syne's version of catapulting students in a grimm infested forest.. If it's something that does not mesh well with the current storyline, I'd like to get feedback on that so I can adjust or delay in consequence.

I'll wait until Nov.22nd for people to express interest, then start working on something with those that did.

2Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:00 pm

Marcus Goldstein

Marcus Goldstein
If Lapis doesn't show up here I'll be dissapointed.

3Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:48 pm

Faeth

Faeth
Go team LMMF....FMLM....MMLF...huh. definitely not the last one.

4Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:07 pm

Lucille Annabelle Klug

Lucille Annabelle Klug
The reason teams do not happen here is because no four people can hold a single topic together for a decent amount of time, forget making a team that would do multiple four-person topics frequently.

Now I have no problem joining a team, but I'm having Akui wait for an all-female team, of which it would make sense for her to be the leader against her wishes for her character development. I'm waiting to post with Xaiver more, so I see no issue having him join in a team at some point if it can be managed.

5Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:30 am

Lapis Valesti

Lapis Valesti
Im always around, even when Im not around xD

6Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:35 am

Cayn Fortuna

Cayn Fortuna
I'm interested, but also very new here. And from my prior experiences in guild/team based groups, things never work out well. Normally from a lack of communication it had seemed.

Still I'm willing to give it a whirl.

7Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:26 pm

Marcus Goldstein

Marcus Goldstein
Hey we're communicating fairly well here. It helps that this came about somewhat organically. That said once the team's membership is finalized, we should probably make an OoC thread dedicated solely to that team so members can keep track of who is off doing what, organize team threads, totally awesome combo attacks, and other things of that nature.

8Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
To go off of what Akui said, There is no post order for team threads, to help eliminate the wait times for teams. Its not our fault if we havent had enough people try it yet.

http://www.rwbyrpg.com

9Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:39 pm

Cayn Fortuna

Cayn Fortuna
Sorry if I seemed negative, for I know that it may work well in this instance. I've just never had any personal experiences that were satisfactory.

I'm not trying to disuade anybody, and am willing to participate, just wanted to put forth my two cents.

10Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:57 am

Morrigan Avalon

Morrigan Avalon
All right, here’s what I have in mind.

As aforementioned, the basic idea is Syne’s version of catapulting students in a Grimm infested forest. Now onto the actual legwork:

I will prepare a gridded map of a location (Still to be determined) in which an initiation will take place. I contacted Kiriraya who’ll be the acting teacher and introduce the event in a first thread where everyone would meet up. I’d like to keep that part relatively short as having a lot of characters in one place will inevitably slow things down. Maybe something like:

Kiriraya’s intro, Everyone’s arrival, Kiriraya’s explanation, Everyone’s reaction, Kiriraya’s send off

The characters will then find themselves separated in unknown territory (Position will be determined ramdomly from a set of 12 starting points.). They will each have their own thread in which I will use an NPC account to describe your situation. While trying to reach the exit, they are likely to find each other. I will then create a new thread involving the gathered up characters and so forth until everyone reach the exit or perish in horrible sufferings (or as Pokemon would have you believe: Faint).

As this adventure will involve dangers and Grimm, there are some mechanics I’d like to put in place to make things move along. I’ll use this thread to discuss those mechanics with you and eventually has an OOC thread.

New Rules

Rounds:

Once inside the dungeon (let’s just call it that), each 24h period starting at noon will be considered a round. That does not necessarily mean you will need to post every day, as moving to a new locations could take you several rounds. However, if I want to have any chance to conclude the event, I will have to move things along even if you don’t post when you should. Meaning other characters and creatures will keep moving while you do not. In some cases, you might make several posts before your round is over. Generally if you need to react to something, like a locked door or a curling boarbatusk.

Movement:

The number of grid boxes you can move on the map will be determined by your SPEED stat. Under average = 3, Average = 4, Over average =5. You can either move normally, or run, effectively doubling your speed, but making noise that can be heard by those in vicinity and making you more prone to terrain related dangers. I do not intend to provide an exact map of your surroundings every round, but I will tell you how many rounds will be required to perform a task. Example: I run away from the Beowulf (Why would you do that? o,O He is physically incapable of hurting you!) desperately reaching for the door at the end of the corridor (Shush you! You’re scared of bugs that can’t hurt you either…). I will then tell you this will take 2 rounds, I will post the results at X date.

Dodging:

As I am basically making offensive stats even more valuable by adding another use to the SPEED stat, I would like defensive stats to actually be useful. I would disable free-writing yourself out of hits. Grimm are already weak enough as it is. I would rather have avoidance be determined by one of the automated rolls (Can someone confirm these are automated?) from the website. Basically, even is a success, uneven is a failure. Some situations will grant advantage or disadvantage (ex. higher ground, getting prone or flanked) which means you’ll get two rolls to get a success or failure respectively.

Skills:

I will probably use the same system as dodging to determine if you succeed at certain tasks depending on how skilled a character is at that task (ex. repairing broken machinery).

Word Count:

Although you’re encouraged to keep respecting the word count, I would rather have you post when your round is up, stating your intent with a quick sentence, then have you delayed because you weren’t free that day. Again, I want this adventure to have a conclusion. For the same reason, although I would have loved to make it into some ridiculous multi layered dungeon, I will try and keep it simple. If the event is a success perhaps we can revisit the mechanics in a more ambitious setting.

Death in horrible sufferings:

This can go two ways depending on how dangerous you want this to be. Either we make it death enabled or we can say “Kiriraya has the same mosquito camera system as Ozpin and will get you out if you faint”. You’d think it would be more immersive to have death enabled, but Remnant cannot have access to satellites due to how dust work according to a WOR short so Ozpin’s mosquito camera system has to be a thing… So it’s really up to you.

Morrigan:

Yeah… I’m one of those DM that actually wants to be a player in his own game and makes one of his NPC tag along. I’ll try to handle that as fairly as possible. Good thing Morrigan is terrible at being a huntress if she doesn’t have Dust…

Rewards and Loot:

Well this is technically hunt material, so normal rules for Grimm of a given level should apply. I might make my own variants to spice things up, but I will respect power levels (It’s over 9000! O.O)

The word of God.

This is mind candy. I’m throwing the idea out there and for now I’d say let’s begin on November 29th, however I will not put that much effort into something if it disrupts Syne’s narrative.

Therefor I’ll wait until I get Leena’s approval for the exact nature of the location. I don’t mind delaying or repurposing the event to better suit the storyline.

From the previous posts, I gather you wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t work out. That’s good. It’s like going to see a movie, it’s better to go in with low expectations and be pleasantly surprised than the other way around.

That being said, if we get this going, it would be a nice perk if we can get 2 more people interested so we’re a multiple of 4. I’ll live through the shame of having a team with another arbitrary number of people if not.

If you have any questions, suggestions, comments, illuminations and/or hallucinations that are related to this subject in nature or essence, please do speak up.

Last edited by Morrigan Avalon on Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

11Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:41 pm

Faeth

Faeth
^dibs

12Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:52 pm

Cayn Fortuna

Cayn Fortuna
This sounds fun. Sign me up.

13Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:11 pm

Marcus Goldstein

Marcus Goldstein
Sign me right up. Also we had investors and a major customer come visit at my paid hobby hence my recent inactivity.

14Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:55 am

Morrigan Avalon

Morrigan Avalon
If you've read her post, you'll know that Leena's been unable to access the website for a while and will take some time to catch up. (Now you know anyway.)

I'll keep posting on tuesdays to keep the thread alive, let you know if there's been any progress and that I'm still around even if I don't post on threads.

If you don't hear from me in over a week you're free to assume I dropped the idea.

15Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Morrigan Avalon

Morrigan Avalon
I have yet to hear anything regarding the event.

I'm currently toying with the idea of making another that wouldn't require as much approval, but I have yet to find the spark of inspiration that would make it more interesting than a simple hunt.

16Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:39 pm

Marcus Goldstein

Marcus Goldstein
Honestly we could just grab the mechanics of a regular hunt and fluff it up to mean a little more. That said I am in favour of keeping the time limits on posting even if just as an informal agreement between players, just to see what is an obtainable tempo for all involved.

17Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Morrigan Avalon

Morrigan Avalon
It's more a matter of motivation rather than what can be done to be honest. I'm only interested in organizing events if there is a story to tell.

Regular hunts, while they do have their purpose in the RWBYverse, don't make me enjoy reading/writing posts and wondering what will happen next.

I was actually thinking about setting up a search and rescue mission. I'll go and see if I can get a hold of an NPC account.

18Team Building Empty Re: Team Building Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:47 pm

Lapis Valesti

Lapis Valesti
I completely understand and agree with that. There's also much more development between characters in story driven events and would help tightly establish a group regardless if their personalities clash or not, which also adds to the motivation of posting and enjoying the thread.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum