You are not connected. Please login or register

And thus enters the hero [ask before entering]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Amaranth Anokades

Amaranth Anokades

Amaranth stood on top of the airship as it descended into the port at Syne academy. With a hand on her hat to keep It from flying off she gave a wide grin at the campus before her. As the port drew near the noble warrior broke into a dash and lept from the airship. Traveling a great distance down she threw her body into a forwards flip before activating her semblance. In a glow of blue light the air beneath her rushed up, slowing her decent until she landed as softly as a leaf upon the ground. A hand still holding the top of her hat she gave a theatrical bow, removing her hat and waving it to the side.

She had arrived, Syne academy where she was to study and train. As she came up from her bow and placed her hat back on her head several people had stopped what they were doing to stare at her. A couple clapped and one even offered a snide comment, “Show off.” Taking a wide gaze around Amaranth had a strange feeling. She sensed evil here, not great evil but many smaller sources of malice. Looks this hero will be doing more than learning at this institution.

Charon

Charon
Charon was outside, his winter jacket zipped up to keep himself warm. He wasn't used to this temperature and this altitude, but his body was slowly adjusting to what was needed. At the very least it wasn't horrible, there were plenty of activities that allowed Charon to keep his body temperature up. Just as he was about to down a coffee, he heard the sound that always got his attention immediately: airship.

Charon always enjoyed seeing the new lineup of students, it allowed him a chance to size up potential competition. Along with this, it offered a chance to see the kind of new students that would be coming through the school. Charon himself was a unique case in his powers and weapons, though he did his best to keep it to himself.

He walked over just in time to see a single faunus landing on the ground without the aid of a parachute or any other device. Charon hadn't quite looked in time to see what she did, but based on a few people's claps it seemed to be impressive. Charon glanced from her to the ship before turning his attention back to her. "Couldn't wait for the ship to land?" he asked before tightening his black scarf around his neck. "Seems a little needless, unless you wanted the attention?"

Amaranth Anokades

Amaranth Anokades
Despite her gut feeling most the students here seemed rather normal. Perhaps this was the case. Malice always gave off a far more powerful sensation than more mundane intentions. She gave a knowing smile as she continued to survey those around her. None here seemed to harbor ill intent, most were probably simple students. The wretched filth always did try to hide themselves in the unsuspecting masses. When a young man approached with comment her view went to him.

“Only natural be it that I draw attention. The common folk often seek someone to hold in their high regards, I simply proffer an option,” she said in her usually unusual archaic form spreading an arm out in an abundant display that threw her cloak back in a movie-like fashion, “Ah but I have yet to introduce myself. I am Amaranth Anokades of the Rearguardsmen.” Once again the Faunus reached up and removed her hat, this time placing it over her chest and giving a more directed bow at the young man before her.

Charon

Charon
Wow, this was a new one for Charon. He just blinked as the girl spoke and presented herself and her beliefs. Charon had been raised on the streets himself, he was never one for really fancy talk or any sort of etiquette. He knew how to be polite enough when it was necessary, but this girl was no another level than he was.Charon just kept his hands in his pocket to warn them up as the girl bowed to him.

"Interesting idea, call me Charon, uh....of Haven Academy" the young man said simply. This girl would have no idea that this wasn't his real name, and Charon preferred to keep it that way. "So what exactly is a Rearguardsmen? Sounds important, but I've never heard of such a thing" Charon pointed out before having an alternative thought. "By the way if you just got here, don't you need to go register or find your living quarters?" he asked with a simple motion in the direction of the academy.

Amaranth Anokades

Amaranth Anokades
Coming up from her bow Amaranth gave another flourish of her hat before placing it back on her head. Her two fox ears sliding right through the holes cut for them, a slight indicator of her manual dexterity. If nothing else, she had quite the flair for the dramatic in both her words and deeds.

“Haven Academy, a foreigner then. I see, we get quite the lot from the other kingdoms who venture here to train. A pleasure, Charon of Haven Academy,” Amaranth said. “Ah, the Rearguard is a defense force for the good of the people. A sort of last line against evil,” Amaranth said proudly tapping the crest on her cloak. “I do suppose I have no knowledge of this campus’ living arrangements, my paperwork has all been filed and ordered as of now,” she said now looking past Charon and at the large buildings of the school.

Charon

Charon
Charon just gave a little nod of his head as Amaranth rose up from the bow. He didn't want to be rude, as he was mainly trying to stay under the radar during his time at Syna, however, he was never the type of guy to really uphold etiquette or anything else like that. Thankfully, Charon had a feeling that not everyone would be quite as serious as this girl.

"You and me both" Charon said as he glanced back to the various buildings. "I finally memorized where the cafeteria, training grounds, and a few other facilities are. Otherwise, I'm still probably going to get lost trying to find my classes over the next few days" he admitted. "So is the Rearguard something you stay in forever, or once you graduate from Syne do you have other plans?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum