You are not connected. Please login or register

Fun at the Beach? We're Still In Winter? (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
A gale was blowing through Belmuse. The makings of the first storm of the year were on the horizon, lighting lashed like the fists of two boxers engaging in a championship match; powerful but brief bolts shooting across the sky. Thunderclaps suggesting each punch was landing. The sea was the spectators, waves clashing with one another and surging forward toward the shore. The tide was still halfway out... but it was approaching quite quickly.

The beach was bare; of shells, stones, driftwood and people... save for a single rusted old deckchair and a rather peculiar man sitting in it. No ears, no nose and no mouth; a television for a head. Despite the explosive winds, tempest tossing the sand around him, he sat still... though the comic book in his hands was finding it rather difficult to stay as still as he was. He was gripping it by the center of either side with his massive metallic hands and yet it was still trying to rend itself from his grasp. He didn't look up from his reading though, despite this.

Recently Flash Driver, as he had dubbed himself, had caught the transmission of a movie and had rather fallen in love with the beach. The rolling waves, the games of volleyball, the singing and dancing and the ice cream... even though he was incapable of eating ice cream.

But alas, looking up from his newspaper and across the beach, he was confused, "...Where is everyone? I thought the point of the beach was that people liked going there and having fun together? Making sandcastles and such. O.o" His screen read.

Ser Lothric Ember

Ser Lothric Ember
Lothric was wandering around here and there as he had not much in the way of occupying his thoughts and the solitude was starting to erode him, not that Lothric would admit it but considering his mind started to venture places it shouldn't he had gone for a walk.

Looking over the beach he chuckled at why he had decided to go here of all places, why did he go to a place no one would be at this point of the year. It was completely moronic of him to even be... Wait who was that sitting in a rusty old deckchair?

Lothric chuckled lightly but couldn't help him and wandered closer to the individual, not that he didn't mind the gale that was blowing but it was one of the many reasons he was dressed in his dark blue coat and thicker jeans, that and the gloves and winter boots did help as well tho he should have taken a cap or something considering his head was slightly cold and his ears for that matter.

"Excuse me sir, but why are you here at this season and weather?"

His voice was calm but had a hint of worry as no matter who it was or what it was being out here could still be considered hazardous to ones health.

???

???
If only they would walk down the shore just a bit, They would discover a woman washed up on the beach. Her skin was shriveled up and the sea had long since washed away any signs of blood. The woman seemed to be middle aged and brunette, a faunus with a Tiger's tail. No identification had been left, no valuables. The only thing the could be found was a soggy Snickerdoodle cookie floating in the water beside her...

-exit-

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
Flash rotated his head to face the man, positioning the screen at a readable angle he texted; "0.0 Is it bizarre to be here right now? I kind of thought it looked cool." His screen read, a flash of lightning striking the sea before the pair. The clouds above their heads were beginning to swirl and the waves were beginning to wildly froth. It was almost impossible to draw one's vision from the sight before them... well, impossible for anyone besides Flash.

He was a rather bizarre android, much more robotic than any of the other at the school. As if his lack of facial features weren't enough his body was a particularly weird shape, almost egg like with a long shaft bellow it attached to which were two thick legs. Garbed in only a thick green jacket.

He rose from his chair, closing his comic book and tightly wrapping it into a cylinder. He re-positioned his head, angling it once more to be readable. "I thought the beach was where people all come together and have fun. It's pretty empty now though... if it's wrong to be here right now then why are you? o.o"

Ser Lothric Ember

Ser Lothric Ember
"I can't deny that Mother Nature is showing her fury upon the heavens and ocean."

Lothric simply answered the screens text before moving his gaze out onto the spectacle that was occurring, letting out a quick chuckle he shook his head a few times before returning his gaze towards the screen just in time to see the next message.

"There is nothing wrong with it, normally people come here when it is the season of fire and flower. Summer. Also to your other question I have no idea to be honest. Being alone is not a thought I relish and I thought walking around would eventually lead me to company."

It was clear from his tone that Lothric was in his normal mood with a slight hint of fear as he said the word alone. Turning his head to the water again he let out another chuckle before speaking his regal and calm tone, "A thousand pardons, I forget my manners. I am Ser Lothric Ember. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance mister?"

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"O-Oh, um, my name is Flash Driver. It is very nice to meet you! I hope you are well and such! I am happy to make your acquaintance! >.<" Not used to this level of polite conversation the droid quickly bowed... cutting the man off before he could probably even get to reading Flash's name. Fortunately when he raised himself back to regular standing height, head angled to a degree where Lothric could read.

Pulling off part of the paneling on his right leg, not having to move his head to look where it was, Flash raised it and stuffed the comic book inside. Quickly resealing it. He could hear the sound of rain, currently light, starting to beat down against his metal body. Ringing rather loudly.

"I can't really see why they don't come here more often. It's just a little weather, I'm sure they'd be fine. It's simply the planet managing itself." Flash shrugged.

Having completed that, and probably just as Lothric would finish reading his screen, a second bolt of lightning came down... this time directly striking Flash. For a moment his screen seemed to go black, but it quickly manged to relight itself. With that the water started to come down, much faster and much harder.

"...I perhaps see why they don't now ^^ll"

Ser Lothric Ember

Ser Lothric Ember
Stumbling backwards when the lightning hit Flash, Lothric was about to ask the completely idiotic question if he was okay but let it lie when the screen flickered back to life again.

Letting out a heavy sigh he simply shook his head a few times before moving his left hand through his hair and afterwards inspecting the water dripping from it and how much more it was starting to rain. Getting slightly annoyed he spoke once more with the calm and regal tone. "Well I suggest we find shelter before we doth both become lightning rods, while thee might survive I fear for my self."

Nodding at his own wisdom... Lothric simply turned around and walked away from the beach before he turned his head towards flash and said "By the way I didn't catch your name. May you give it to me once more?"

Not really wanting to wait for an answer in the rain he gave flash a small movement with his hand that signaled for him to follow while still keeping his gaze upon him.

I swear this rain will soak me completely, ah well hope wherever we find shelter is not to pick about wet clothing or light usage of fire to dry and heat it.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"Perhaps it would be wise yes ^^ll" Flash agreed, following the man as he ran from the beach, "Oh, um, it's Flash Driver. It's not my actual designation but I came up with it myself ^^ I like puns and so it's a play on the memory card things people put in computers, and I am a computer thus Flash Driver. I have actually got copies of myself booted onto some just in case. Doesn't hurt to be safe after all."

Making their way off the beach, the only real shelter in sight was Creek's Tavern just a few meters away from the sand's edge. While Flash was certain it would be relatively well fortified, he wasn't sure it was enough for his fleshy companion. Lightning could be dispersed through the droid's body easily enough, but fleshy ones weren't supposed to take currents in such high dosages.

Flash opted that he would simply follow wherever Lothric went, after all he was in the most danger. Two more flashes cut the sky behind them, things were only getting worse it would seem. Hopefully they could find some kind of shelter soon.

Ser Lothric Ember

Ser Lothric Ember
Lothric moved towards the closest shelter which seemed to be a tavern or inn of some kind. While walking he moved his gaze behind him before stopping up completely, turning his frame to face the ocean once more he narrowed his eyes slightly while moving his left arm just above his head to shield them from the rain.

Noticing something or some one down by the waters edge Lothric turned towards flash and spoke "Flash, do you see something or some one lying down by the waters edge?".

Pointing towards the direction of where he had seen whatever it was with his right hand Lothric shielded his eyes from the sudden gust of wind and lets out a low "Tch!" before cursing silently about the weather and it's annoyance.

While all of this was going on Lothric was arguing with him self within the confines of his own mind. The argument was about the choice of shelter or moving back down to the beach and investigating whatever was down there before returning to shelter and he had good points for each of his options, finally he let out a heavy sigh while waiting for Flash to make a choice or at least give him some information.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
As Flash turned his optics back to the beach, the storm seemed to escalate even further. It was almost at though the world itself was attempting to hide something from him. The sheets of rain before him were like a wall, blocking his vision of the sea let alone anything on the beach. Flash turned on his heat sensing optics, only to find nothing it could have been that the water had frozen a person... but even then, one would expect a slight glimpse of heat. The storm hadn't hit the beach for long.

He turned his head back to Lothric, "I can detect no life out there, as good as my vision is, the storm is proving to be too wild. I can detect no heat in that direction either. It's all one big equally cold patch. While it doesn't confirm there's nothing down there... well... um..."

He clasped his hands together, "I really don't like dealing with the alternative. That something down there is already dead somehow >.< The storm hasn't been going for long, so it's not as if someone could have died in it... lightning has only struck the beach once, and that hit me right? Hopefully it was just your vision tricking you. You can try to go after them, if they are there but... I-I don't think it'd be safe."

Flash would wait for Lothric's decision, if he were to run into the rain he knew he would have to act as a lightning rod to prevent the worst of the damage... but with the tide coming in there was very little he could do to prevent the man getting injured by the tide and the rain.

Ser Lothric Ember

Ser Lothric Ember
Lothric listened to Flash and then simply let out a heavy sigh as he started moving down towards the beach, while walking he turned his gaze towards Flash and said in a regal but stern tone "Considering that I am a student at Syne and my goal of becoming a Huntsman I simply can't turn my back towards something like this. My pride and vision of self does not allow me the luxury of backing down from danger, even if it is Mother Nature at her worst."

Continuing walking down slowly he was slightly worried, there was no denying the fact that if he where to be hit by lightning the most likely outcome would be death or at the best scenario a heavy burn and nerve damage, perhaps even a massive concussion. Still there was no stopping this now as Lothric was determined and would not back down considering he had just laid his entire pride on the line and had even spoken it out loud. Not that he thought Flash would understand much of it but still the words where spoken and he couldn't take them back so the only way was forward.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"o///o So cool. So brave." Flash lightly gushed, following a good two steps or so behind Lothric.

As he had decided he would go out if he did, in following him Flash became the tallest and most attractive piece of metal in the area. He hoped this meant that any lightning bolts would rather than striking the man strike him instead, after all he could withstand a couple of bolts far better than the fleshy ones. He didn't like to think what would happen to them if they were struck.

As they delved deeper into the wall of rain, the wind battering them like blows from Ursa and the sand beneath them, wet as it was, being thrown in all directions. Still Flash could direct no life in the direction they were walking, the tide was coming in faster and  faster. Another bolt struck Flash, briefly darkening his screen. Things weren't looking good, he was afraid if Lothric took much longer looking for this person then he might end seriously injured. It wasn't as if he could pull him back though, then they would become an even larger lightning rod and he would be fried.

Ser Lothric Ember

Ser Lothric Ember
Lothric was getting rather annoyed at the wind striking against them and this was getting evident as the rain which was coating his clothing and striking him seemed to evaporate. Clenching his fist he wanted only one pure look across the beach but it seemed that mother nature had other ideas and he had gotten just about enough of this.

Stopping in his tracks Lothric calmed himself before focusing on his annoyance and anger, producing a spark with a lighter he uses his own coat and shirt as fuel for the fire as he suddenly seemed to ignite. Fueling the fire he continued to weave it even tho it was getting close to impossible to keep it going, but he had to try and there was no way Lothric was backing down.

While he continued to weave his flames he struggled against the wind and water which for every small victory he had cost him quite more energy to sustain and finally he had reached the point where he knew it was only a matter of time and with that released his conjured inferno allowing himself a few seconds of clear sight down the beach. Using these precious seconds Lothric scanned the beach for any sign of life or a body but alas it was in vain as he saw nothing, turning around he looked at Flash before letting out a sigh.

Without clothing on his torso he started to walk back towards shelter while chuckling lightly. "It seems I was mistaken. I must apologies with dragging you out here on a fools venture. Still I thank you for the aid given."

While he was walking away the scars and burn marks littering his back and chest would be clearly visible as would the marks of what could be thought of as former wounds seared shut with an open flame.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
As the human set fire to himself Flash almost had a panic attack, wanting to throw his arms over the man and stop him burning but still knowing fine well he couldn't touch the man without the potential of frying him when he got struck by lightning. Despite the awful rain and terrible wind he had somehow managed to set himself alight, either he was just incredibly unlucky or he was using some kind of semblance or dust to do it. Regardless it certainly wasn't safe.

"It's not a problem... but you might want to get yourself seen to o.oll I am unfamiliar with human medicine so I'm afraid I may not be of a lot of aid. You're going to get much colder now to with your clothes all burned up. >.< Let's head back as fast as we can, the tavern might even be locked. We really need to get somewhere safer." He announced to Lothric, hoping the man could read his screen.

He would follow Lothric back, keeping his head held in a direction which would be readable and hoping not to be struck by lightning once more.

Ser Lothric Ember

Ser Lothric Ember
Reading Flash's screen Lothric gave him a nod in agreement as he continued to walk, just as he started to think about the surrounding Lothric turned towards flash and spoke in his normal tone "I must state that I am not so familliar around these parts so perhaps it would be best for you to take the lead and find some shelter. I would rather not get sick because of my foolish venture."

Looking around Lothric tried to see any particular area where he could get some shelter but even then it was hard to impossible for him to see clearly through the rain and the wind was annoying him quite a lot which made him consider the idiotic of just launching bolts of fire up at the sky for a chance of a break from this ungodly rain.

Still his thoughts where as always locked within his head which to Lothric was a god's send as he could not fathom how any other would react to them. Still he had to mentally slap himself so that he wouldn't continue with his thoughts for far too long, waiting for Flash's answer Lothric couldn't help but wonder what possible damage Flash was having inflicted upon its inner workings as this was clearly not healthy for the Android but alas pondering about such would not gain Lothric anything more then wasted time so he simply pushed the thought to the back of his mind and continued waiting.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"Hmm, I don't know too much outside the academy either... we could try to make our way back there, but I don't think that would be the safest of ideas. Especially not if you were traveling with me ^^ll odds are lightning will only further close in on us if we travel in a group... maybe it would be safest to split up? There's more chance of us getting lost I guess but there's less chance of you getting injured due to me. I think it's probably for the best?" Flash suggested.

He reached to take the man's hand but recoiled at the realization he risked shocking him, instead opting to bow again before quickly rising, "Thank you for teaching me about the beach, hopefully nothing I've said has Shocked you too much. You didn't seem to bolt in reaction so I suppose that's a good sign. Hopefully we can meet again when the clouds are less destructive. I recommend you try to go into the tavern, it's probably safe enough in there, I'm going to try and get back to the academy ^^ll I think the stone walls will resist the lightning bolts quite enough."

With that Flash rushed off toward the city, bolts of lightning following his path.

-Exit-

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum