You are not connected. Please login or register

Questions about character creation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Questions about character creation Empty Questions about character creation Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:13 am

Azrael Arch

I apologize for the bother, but I was wondering how does someone make a character and things like that? Thank you for your time, and again sorry for the bother. Also what is character claim, sorry I don't remember what it's called.

Last edited by Azrael Arch on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Another question)

2Questions about character creation Empty Re: Questions about character creation Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:15 am

Akui

Akui
Hey There Azrael! Name's Akui, and I'm a moderator here at Syne Academy. Don't worry, your not a bother at all: we're here to help, and we love doing it. Not sure how familiar you are with roleplaying or roleplaying sites even, but regardless, let me inform you how things work around here in Bellmuse.

First off, you may want to take a gander at the Rules and Information Section just to get a general idea on how the site itself functions outside of our little universe here. That aside, what you are looking for is our Character Template to grab the coding you need to post your template, and our Character Example to get an idea of how to fill out your app properly.

Basically, all you do is let your Idea Engine Light (name that reference!) start up and make your own RWBY character. Then you put your ideas into the proper sections of the app, and submit it when you are done. Then us Staff check it, request changes if needed, and then approve you so you can go roleplay with the rest of us!

As for a 'Character Claim'...well, we don't really do that. See, here at Syne, we have our own little island called Bellmuse. Now depending on your roleplay site experience, there are some sites that do 'Character Claims' in which when you can apply to be a character from the actual canon series (Ruby Rose or Jaune Arc in the case of RWBY) and will be approved to act as that character based on how close you can portray them to their actual selves in the canon series. Since Bellmuse's events are happening alongside the actual show's events, you cannot be a canon character here.

Since this means we have nothing but Original Characters here, we have a system called 'Face Claims.' Basically, we require you to find art that looks most like what you envision your character looks like, and then paste it into your app so that other members know what your character looks like. This can be from anything, with two exceptions:

1. It can't be a canon RWBY character (as I mentioned before, those character technically exist here in the Syne Academy universe, but are following the plot of the show...so you can't have their face! :P

2. If another user has chosen the face of a character (take Goku from DBS for example), you can't have your character look like Goku. This isn't Face Off with Nicholas Cage! xD

If you have any other issues, please feel free to either ask us in the chatbox, here, or in a private message. Do not hesitate to ask, as we what you to feel at home here. :)

http://www.discordapp.com/#5424

3Questions about character creation Empty Re: Questions about character creation Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:16 pm

Azrael Arch

I think I understand but if I have any more questions I should ask an administrator? And I apologize but could I get some help with the coding? I'm having trouble understanding it

4Questions about character creation Empty Re: Questions about character creation Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:16 pm

Akui

Akui
You can if you like, or you can ask any one of us mods as well. The Admin here are more than willing to help, but they happen to be pretty busy IRL a lot of the time. College takes a lot of time. That's why us mods are here, so we can try to lighten the load.

As for issues with coding, what you are looking for it right here in the Character Template section. If you scroll all the way down, you'll find that you can highlight the text in that gray box with scroll bars. Copy all the text in that area, and paste it in Word or Notepad, then fill out the sections as required. When you are done, copy it all and paste it in a topic int he Character Section. It will work just as it's meant to. :)

5Questions about character creation Empty Re: Questions about character creation Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Azrael Arch

So I just copy the text in the box, write all the info about the character, and then I just send it to get approved in the character topics here: www.rwbyrpg.com/f3-character
right?

6Questions about character creation Empty Re: Questions about character creation Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:42 am

Akui

Akui
Yep, and just to make it clear, this it the box I'm talking about:

Questions about character creation 0IuhtC9

Not too difficult, right?

If you have any other questions, let us know! :D

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum