You are not connected. Please login or register

Let The Lessons Begin![Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:49 am

Ray Ignazia

Ray Ignazia
"An intellectual? Yes. And never deny it. An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself. I like this, because I am happy to be both halves, the watcher and the watched. "Can they be brought together?" This is a practical question. We must get down to it. "I despise intelligence" really means: "I cannot bear my doubts."

Ray's ruby eyes surveyed the singular room in front of him. It had a floor made of a springy wood that could be oak, yet, it had a shading difference compared to regular oak. There center of the floor was basically a big sparring ground, and, over to the sides were a few dummies which could be placed in order for a better training against stationary opponents, much like that would make sense. However, for someone willing to train their Dust or Semblance abilities, the dummies would make perfect sense as they wouldn't feel any form of damage or physique altering techniques. It was a perfect place for Ray to hold his lecture with any possible students, as it would allow him to show them possible techniques without any problems or interventions about safety.

His eyes glowing for a second, Ray took off towards the right, his slim, yet muscular, physique moving extremely fast, as he unsheathed Despair, clutching the guard with his right hand. Shifting his bodyweight backwards, he would push his right leg forward, catching the first wooden dummy with his sole in the chest, pushing the dummy backwards a considerable distance, as he then pushed his own body off to the left, switching the guard so that the blade extended from the right of his right hand, drawing it extremely fast across the chest of a singular dummy, resulting in a deep gash caused by the speed and angle of the slash.

2Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:08 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

Liona walked the halls of Syne, On her way to a class that would be starting that day. Though there were a few other people in the halls, The click of the golden blonde's foot steps still echoed around the area, and the mumbled sounds of ambient conversation from the population of the hallway bounced off of the walls. Any other students were most likely in a different part of the castle, in class or dorms, or they were out shopping or hunting away from the academy. The student body was currently much to small for the massive size of the school, but the kingdom had hopes for its growth.

Liona stopped in front of a particular door, gazing at the room number on the plaque next to the sleek wooden frame. She opened up the binder that she had been holding close to her orange Sailor style outfit, looking at the student schedule that she had taped right to the inside cover. This was the correct classroom alright, the numbers matched up perfectly. She closed the binder, placing it in a white satchel that she carried, before reaching for the knob and opening the door.

Liona was happy to admit that she was rather excited for this class. Partial to the use of Dust, the feline Faunus had registered for any class that related, so that she could hone her skills better. She was eager to learn for sure. It was all to become a great huntress like her mother, but without the help of her mother. Walking into the class room, Liona noticed that it was set up like an arena, with training dummies off to the side. Typical and not all that surprising for a combat oriented class. After taking in her surroundings, She noticed the man at the front of the room, most likely the professor, and she frowned.

She supposed she saw this coming, Most of her professors would be like this after all. This one was Muscular, blonde, and by the looks of the way he struck a practice dummy quite fast, but he was human. Either that or he was a Faunus disguising himself as a human, which was much worse. Even though she expected it, she could not help but feel disappointed that this man, the man that would be educating her, did not seem to have the animalistic trait that every Faunus ought to be proud of. Her black cat ears twitched and she silently sat in a back row of the seats that surrounded the training arena. The sad fact of the matter was, this was her professor. She would make an attempt to show some respect as needed.
I won't live in a shadow

3Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Ray Ignazia

Ray Ignazia
Ray stopped slashing, his mind going into deep thoughts as he realized that his attacks would have killed any human, Faunus, or Grimm that chose to stand in his way, since they were directly affecting said being's heart. But, death was just the tip of the iceberg, wasn't it? There was so much more to it, so much more to everything.

""I see no way in which belief in the afterlife and disbelief in a god are able to exist simultaneously. There is less evidence (as I see it) for existence of an afterlife than existence of a god. Aren't wishful thinking and skepticism mutually exclusive?

The scientific part of me says when you're dead, you're dead. Game over. Your parts stop pumping and your bits stop beating and you become worm food. However, the human mind has a lot of energy in it. Perhaps when the body dies, and the mind no longer has to deal with all that control and administration, that energy is free to escape. Perhaps it could combine with other minds that passed away before it. And, perhaps, what we think of as God is merely the combined mental energy of all the humans gone before us. But that's just the imaginative side of me coming out."

Ray's thoughts stopped abruptly as he heard the door open, and he looked towards it, noticing a golden blonde girl enter the classroom, a displeased expression upon her face as she evidently had been in her own thoughts. Once the girl had settled down, Ray sheathed his sword, moving towards her in a split-step, arriving near the front row of the seats especially fast, although he could swear that those seats hadn't been there before. Ray looked at the girl, noticing her black cat ears and other feline characteristics. Casting an uncaring glare towards her, Ray spoke, his voice low, but cold, effectively carrying through the room. "Name, and reason for that absolutely enthusiastic expression on your face, miss." The sarcasm was blatant.

OOC: Sorry about the late post, I was waiting for any other post to pop up.

4Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:49 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

The assumed Professor put his weapon away and quickly, very quickly, stepped closer to where the young Faunus girl was. Liona only watched, not impressed by his speed. She was fast too. She had always been fast. In any case, The Human inquired about the blonde's name, his voice booming in the near empty room, as well as a horribly sarcastic remark about the look on her face. Well, That made any respect toward this person pointless and unnecessary. She scoffed at him, not appreciating his tone of voice. "Liona. And I don't see how my expression is any of your business Professor." She turned in her seat, so that she was now sitting on the chair sideways, simply waiting for more students to start coming in and the class to start, all interest in speaking to this man lost.

Normally, she would be more respectful to a person with authority, such as a police officer or a professor, but if they didn't show respect to her, then there was no point. Besides, It was not as if she didn't see this blonde man glance at her black Faunus ears. He was probably so sarcastic because of her race, as she expected most humans to be. They were all bitter toward the faunus race, every time she met one. This one was obviously no different.

I won't live in a shadow

5Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren headed towards his next class, a combat class of some sort, clanking all the way there as he was dressed in his armor, his helmet hanging idly from his hand. This should be interesting, he thought to himself. The weapons and gear of Hunters tended to vary, and even if two Hunters used to same kind of gear, they tended to have minor variations based on their user's preferred style. If there was one thing that he felt was the most interesting thing about seeing a Hunter, it was seeing their weapon. They tended to tell you a little about their bearer, from little personality quirks, to tendencies in their fighting style.

He entered the classroom, quickly glancing around. A basic fighting ring near the center, and a number of chairs circling around it. It all looked kind of like an arena, or... he hoped it was an arena anyways. It would be a little awkward for him to have come all geared up to simply listen to a lecture. There was already a student here, a familiar figure to be sure. The other person though... Warren wasn't quite sure who he was. He seemed rather young, young enough to be a student here, albeit, one of the older ones. He watched him for a moment, before shrugging to himself, and headed to an empty seat near the front.

6Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:12 am

Malachite Glitch

Malachite Glitch
Keyhl sighed as he exited his classroom. Grimm studies? seriously? Did they not have anything better to have me teach? I am going to have to talk to the headmistress about this. He ranted silently in his mind. It was at this point when he realized that he had heard about another new teacher here, and decided to see if this one was any good. He overheard that this new professor was young and a duster. This would be interesting. Keyhl was never very good at using dust before, but he did enjoy seeing how it could be used, and who knew he might learn something in the process.

He entered the large classroom that appeared as a form of stadium which was appropriate considering the class. In the middle of the room stood who he could only assume was the new professor. He did seem quite young for a someone of his position, but then again you can never judge a book by it's cover. He also noticed that there was a surprisingly low number of students in the class so far. Strange. Keyhl leaned up against the wall next to the door and waited to see what was going to happen next.

7Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:26 am

Ray Ignazia

Ray Ignazia
Ray raised an eyebrow as he saw the lady reply with an attitude, it not really irking him, but, rather, making him laugh. It wasn't the normal happy laughter, however, Ray was incapable of laughing normally, rather, it was a more..dark type of laughter which would make any sane person worry about Ray's intentions. He locked his red eyes onto the girl, and spoke, unfazed by her turning away. "Well, considering the fact that an influx of emotions or sudden change in them does, in fact, reduce a person's ability to fight in the face of adversity and take away their ability to make decisions based on reasoning, I'd believe that your expression, which does show an emotion, is of utter importance to me, since that would have you make illogical decisions based on personal bias of the focal point of the emotion. I'd rather that you tell me your problem, so I can help you out and show you how to tune out your emotions, than have you die in the middle of a hunt because you couldn't control your attitude, Liona Mimiko. Funny, I thought the Faunus were smarter than this, because of their instinctual nature. Hell, my mother was a Faunus, and she was way too smart. Too bad the X chromosome was recessive in my body." The entire speech was punctuated as a drawn out sigh. He still missed his family, yet, he had to think beyond the confines of the Ignazia mansion.

Ray's eyes flickered to the door as two people entered in. One male was wearing a suit of armor, carrying it's helm in his hand. Ray nodded to acknowledge his presence. The other, however, was a staff member, as Ray had seen him in the staff list he'd been given when his application had been accepted, along with the students' list. "Morning, Professor Riven. I see you've come to watch over your junior and help teach in his class.", said the blonde male, a half-smile present on his face. He then looked to the two students again, choosing now to introduce himself to the Professor, and to the suit of armor. "I'm Ray Ignazia, and I'm the new teacher that this school has opted to enlist in order to teach students the various combative strategies when it comes to utilizing sources of power, which we know as Dust, or own's own life force and the ability that comes along with it. I never really had the chance to go to an Academy, so much of the administrative workings of the Academy are new to me, so I shall teach you the way my father taught me- hands on experience. As far as formalities go, I'm not much older than most of the students here, and I really do not care about how you address me, as long as you call me Ray, and not Ignazia. Now, I want everyone present here, including you, Professor, to show me their aura, tell me, or show me, their Semblance, and state their Dust type. I myself am an energy manipulator, along with a Fire Dust type."

His style of speech, while eloquent, still had a very cold feel to it, as if Ray was completely devoid of all emotions. Keeping a hand on the hilt of Despair, Ray exhaled, exuding copious amounts of Aura, which took a massive stance around him, an intense, dark red freeforming around him. His eyes started to glow red, and the aura seemed to mold to his entire physique. He would wait for the various responses before continuing on with the class.

8Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:45 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

It seemed that this man had a comeback for Liona's remarks, which is something that didn't happen all that often, but she was at the same time used to it. Of course, there was a special bit of his reaction in particular that immediately caught the Blonde girl's attention, and so of course she had to instantly jump on it. "Way too smart?! What, a Faunus has no right to intelligence now? It--" A creak of the door behind her prompted her to stop. No reason to continue the argument around other people. The world would surely thank her later.

She turned her head to see who was at the door, And she saw the very same guy who had taken it upon himself, without consent, to help Liona out during a hunt that she went on. He was wearing his armor again and everything, but this time the helmet was off and she could get a better look at his face. His human face. Though he had been a great help in fighting against the beastly Deathstalker that they had faced, The feline girl still had yet to fully admit to it, and probably never would. For that reason she chose to ignore him and focus on the next person who came in immediately afterward.

It was an older looking man compared to everyone else in the room, Human, which was of course both annoying and expected, and apparently he was another professor according to the blonde one. He seemed like he was only there to observe, so it would only be right not to acknowledge him and wait for class to start. Or maybe that was just a subconscious excuse not to interact with another Human professor for the time being, because it had been working out so great for her already.

Luckily, Professor Ray, as he had introduced himself as, chose that time to begin the lesson, as a few more random students joined in. He began with the obligatory introduction and explanation of experience, but then he got to the interactive stuff, asking everyone-- including Professor Riven-- To display their Aura, semblance, and dust type. He went first, Showing off his dark red aura and explaining his ability to manipulate energy. It was quite interesting to note that he preferred Fire Dust. Liona gladly volunteered to go next, beginning with neither consent nor warning. She willed her Aura to show, the yellow light encasing her body. She then looked over to where the armored student was, holding her hand out so that his helmet floated away from him. She threw the metal cap at Ray, knowing full well that if he was qualified to teach a class like this, he would be able to catch it. Nothing to worry about. "Polarity semblance." She faced her professor with a sweet smile plastered on her face and a challenging gaze. "Fire Dust."

Aura: 120/130
I won't live in a shadow

9Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:58 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Huh, so the young man was the teacher then. It seemed a little how the faculty of Syne seemed so young. Even Riven seemed rather young for a teacher... and speak of the devil, there he was. Professor Riven was there standing in the doorway, looking into the class. Warren gave a cursory nod to the man, a quick and quiet greeting.

Well, whoever this teacher was, he seemed like an okay guy, putting the young faunus in her place for having such a bad attitude about seemingly everything... Though, perhaps that was simply spite talking from their last encounter. The girl's name was apparently Liona Mimiko though, good information to have for later.

The teacher, who preferred to go by Ray, proceeded to ask the class to show off their Aura and tell everyone what Dust type they used. Warren hesitated for a moment at that, uncertainty gnawing at the corner of his mind. Luckily for him, Liona leaped up to show off hers, a Polarity Semblance. Unfortunately for him, she decided to show off her semblance by stealing his helmet.

Warren leapt up to his feet from his seat with a, "Hey!", glaring at the girl as he leaned on his table. Warren reached out a hand and snapped his fingers, creating a flash of bright light in front of Liona's face, very much attempting to blind her. "I call my semblance Nightlight." Warren said, a little pointedly. He glanced around the room quietly as he straightened back up, calming himself down a little. "I use Red Dust."

10Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:41 am

Malachite Glitch

Malachite Glitch
Keyhl raised a brow as the young Faunus threw Warren's helmet at the teacher a blatant act of disrespect. He saw the perfect opportunity to show his aura and Semblance. A beautiful shining gold light engulfed him, and bolted forward at a speed that was more than human. As he passed In front of Professor Ray he snatched the helmet out of the air. He stopped a few fet next to Professor Ray and tossed the helmet back to it's proper owner. "Speed hype." He said calmly, but with a slight sense of pride "And i've never been any good with dust." He looked over the Faunus girl. He could not tell why she did what she did, but he decided it would be best to keep an eye on her. As he had finished his thought a larger group of student's entered and began asking about the ones that had been there what was going on. Keyhl sighed. "Does no one here own a watch?" He whispered only loud enough for Ray to hear.

11Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:53 am

Ray Ignazia

Ray Ignazia
Ray looked over at Liona, as she willed her aura to come forth, a yellow light appearing around her body, shrouding her in a form of light, as she held her hand out. She seemed to be directing her Semblance, towards the armored man, his helmet floating up, and shooting itself at Ray. As Ray mapped out the predicted trajectory of the helmet, and raised his hand in order to catch it, a bright golden light moved past in front of the helmet, taking it away from it's trajectory, as the light stopped a few feet next to him. It seemed to be that Professor Riven had a speed enhancing aura, called "Speed Hype", as he would state, while he had practically no skill with Dust. As he looked at Liona, in order to speak up, he was interrupted by the suit of armor turning around and flashing Liona, in the literal sense of the word. He'd snapped, and caused a bright light to emanate from between his fingers, effectively blinding anyone who'd stared at it directly. Liona seemed to have Polarity as her Semblance, which was also, quite effective in battle, while the suit of armor called his own Semblance "Nightlight." Ray spoke up, his voice cold, yet effective.

"Impressive, very impressive. Suit of armor, you have a highly supportive Semblance, I would believe, while Liona here can utilize any environmental factors which have ionic bonds in order to create any form of offensive or defensive creations. You both do realize that you both would be quintessential to each other in a team, right? And if Professor Riven would've been a student, I would've recommended you three to make a team, as his extreme boost in speed would allow him to deliver fatal blows with a finesse that none of us would be able to match. Now, I shall show you my Semblance, which can either be used to create any form of solid renditions of energy, or be used to augment my skill and speed with my blade, by converting the potential at the right time."

As soon as he would speak, Ray would raise his right hand and point it in front of him, his aura manifesting around him as he did. He would then concentrate on the energy that had been transitioned in this room, building a sphere the size of a small TV in front of him. That sphere would then begin to mold itself into a block, and from each side of the block, a sword made of the same matter would extend, the hilt having the engraving of a flower. The block would then disappear, leaving six swords behind, which would accelerate in pairs towards each of the people present in the room, excluding Ray, and would disappear as soon as they got into a 15 centimeter radius around the targets. All the energy creations would be colored the same as Ray's aura, almost looking like they were built from his aura. Ray would then step back, and then he would draw Despair out, the blade glinting in the light. Looking at the students, Ray smiled, his eyes glowing, as he did.

"Now, I want you to tell me the various ways we can use Dust in, without using it as a practical source of power, for generating offensive techniques."

OOC: Sorry about the late post, I just came back from outside town.

12Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:24 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

Liona knew about the Armored kid's semblance, having seen it in action before. If course, having only seen it once. She could not react fast enought to shield her eyes in time for the bright flash of light to affect them. She could not help the shriek that escaped her lips as she was blinded. her eyes closed themselves on instinct and her arm went up to shield them form what had already happened. Even behind shut eyes she could still see the bright memory of the light that had long since passed. She jumped up, Shouting at where she last saw the armored student. "What the hell??" The frustration was clear on her face and in her voice. She tended to enjoy the ability to see.

It was around that time that Ray made the ridiculous suggestion that she and the guy who had JUST destroyed her eyes would make a good team. "Oh, Tell me you're kidding. Don't even make jokes like that." She looked toward ray's figure, which was at that point all she could see. The blindness was starting to wear off. "You are obviously a blind idiot if you think that we would work well together." An ironic remark really. She was starting to think she should tone herself down. She couldn't be getting so mad so quickly, especially not toward her professor, no matter how infuriating he was. She still intended to pass the class.

So she resigned and sat back down,Waiting for the continuation of the lesson. Said continuation came in the form of Professor Ray asking about the uses of dust, but not as a source of power? Whenever Liona used her dust it was offensive, so she tried to think, truly wanting to participate in a class that she knew she could enjoy, if she could get over the fact that she was surrounded my humans. "Earth Dust, as a way to defend. Air dust to deflect attacks." She spoke as clearly as she could, but her face was bored and uninterested, betraying how she actually felt.
I won't live in a shadow

13Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:56 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren caught his helmet with a loud 'clank' as metal impacted metal, giving a quiet nod of thanks to Riven. He turned to look at Liona, a smirk on his face as she yelled back at him, though not that she could see it. "You started it" was all he said in response before he put the helmet on.

He glanced between Ray and Liona as the teacher commented on how they would work well together. They had technically fought together before, but there was very little co-operation between when it had happened. He had tried his best to work with her, but she seemed determined to go it alone. Well, if that's how she wanted it, she could have her way. Not like he would want to work with someone as disagreeable as her. "Sorry, teach, but you heard the girl. We're not exactly compatible here."

The teacher seemed fine with pushing his lesson though, and it seemed the topic was dropped in favor of education. Ray wanted to hear other ways to use Dust, something he was somewhat familiar with at least. "I can run lightning through my armor by using Yellow Dust, a good defensive and offensive measure to keep enemies off of me, or when I want a little more power in my strikes. A combination of Red and Blue Dust could be used to create mist or steam that could obscure vision, or even burn enemies if you're willing to expend enough Dust to make that steam truly hot. There are plenty of applications for Dust, you are only limited by creativity and circumstance."

14Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Malachite Glitch

Malachite Glitch
Keyhl appeared unphased by the show of skill Ray performed with his semblance, and didn't move when the blade came towards him. A show of great skill. Very nice. he thought as he began to return to the side of the classroom to let Ray continue his teaching. Keyhl knew it would be interesting to hear and see all the things dust could do. It really was a miracle for Humans and the Faunus.

Keyhl leaned against the side wall of the classroom. He hopped that the Faunus girl, who seemed to be causing trouble would settle down, for the sake of the lesson. He thought he heard her name as Liona, but couldn't be sure yet. He had a hunch on why she was acting the way she was, but couldn't be certain unless he talked to her. He shook his head slightly and waited to see what would come up next in the class.

OOC: sorry about the late post July is a hectic month for me.

15Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Empty Re: Let The Lessons Begin![Open] Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:56 pm

Rei Hikari

Rei Hikari
Since it was the morning and Rei just woke up, Rei had ended up changing clothing once more into her normal Red Plaid Skirt with a slight see-through Button-Down White Blouse with short sleeves while keeping a thin black blazer over the blouse to give a more or less casual yet pretty look to herself. "I wonder if this class would be....decent?" Rei thought to herself as she walked out of her room to go into a new lecture hall. Obviously, looking at her piece of paper while holding her Lure-Breaker Keyblade, Rei surprisingly managed to make it to the Lecture Hall without bumping into anyone abruptly.

"Grim Studies..." Rei thought as she went into the Lecture hall only to realize that class had started and well...she had been late to class. Though she didn't seem to actually miss very much since the Lecture was just going on now and it was technically introductions. "Ummm, what did I miss so far?" Rei asked with a Projected Voice so she could be heard while walking down towards the group. Taking a few quick glances, Rei notices a Faunas to which looked attractive to her and a guy who seemed to be coated in complete armor. Two professors also seemed to be present at the time, and everybody also was exerting a portion of their aura, so Rei simply assuming this also included her Semblance usage; Rei would need to come up with a believable lie if she were to be asked, and fast. Though simply to start, Rei simply flared her aura slightly as a Thin and Powerful Jet Black Aura emitted around Rei's persona.

OOC: Hoping that at least these topics go live soon, I know people have RL to deal with but ehhh....would be nice to get some Roleplaying done here, and lemme know if I missed any details? I typed accordingly to what I skimmed through and picked out the most important parts to type up.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum