You are not connected. Please login or register

Probably the most terrifiying day so far (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Akki

Akki
The wind was blowing lightly and the sun was high in the sky as Akki stepped off of the boat and took her first step towards her dreams and goals, and a first step was all she managed for just as she got of the boat she froze up in fear, she knew that Bellmuse would be a busy place but she underestimated just how busy. People were hustling around the docks and what felt like dizzying speeds, there were groups standing talking and dock workers milling about and it was more than Akki could handle, she started to feel very light headed and breathing was becoming harder, were those two men over there staring at her, was her eye patch on properly. Far to many thoughts were running through her head all of them panicked and nonsensicle.

At that moment something landed on Akki's shoulder and she jumped and shreaked quite loudly, now everyone was staring at her, it turned out that one of the ships crew had seen her in a panicked state and had come over to make sure she was alright.

"Oh Sorry to startle you miss are you okay?, you seemed to be hyperventalating can i get you a drink of water of perhaps a bag to breath into?"

Akki's eyes were wide with fear and she felt like she had a stone stuck in here throat it took her a few seconds before she could even think about forming words.

"I um eh well I'm o-o-okay I guess, I'm j-j-j-just alittle jumped and overwhelmed with how busy it is.

The crewman smiled at her a warm and friendly smile that in truth Akki wasn't used to seeing, she blushed a little and looked at the ground while unconsiously fixing and readjusting her eyepatch,then smoothing out her skirt and staring at her boots. Social aspect of life that so many found easy were the hardest thing for Akki. The crewman spent a few more minutes making sure Akki was ok and calmed down and she sort of had not fully but enough that he was content she was ok to be left alone, he bid her farewell and all the best. It was only after he had left that she though she should probably have askd for directions to the academy.

Leaving the docks and heading for the town proper was done at a rather hastey pace as to avoid interacting with anyone else as she drw closer the crowds seems to get worse, in actual fact they weren't really but in Akki's messed up little head they seemed huge and in great number. She was now flinching and almost every little noise and probably look rather strange to all the people that passed her. As she walked the street she decided to stop and started to stare at herself in a shop window, Akki despite what she would tell you was a fairly good looking girl, with short cropped blonde hair with a single streak of black at the front, she was dressed in a black blazer with sleeves rolled up and a red halter neck top, a skirt that came down to her lower thighs and a pair of rather beaten black leather biker boots, at her waist hung a pair of leather gloves and on her forearms were rather peculiar looking vambraces, of course in that window all Akki could see of herself was the one thing that she thought all people cared about the leather eye patch, as she stared she got lost in her thoughts didn't hear the sounds anymore didn't see the people only saw her self.

Reaching behind her head she loosed the eye patch and pulled in up slightly so she could look at herself, the eye unlike her left eye while was a pale blue was milky white with streaks of red and around the eye itself was scared quite badly, she hated the sight of it but had to live with it, quickly she redid the eyepatch and came back to herself one again, turning around and realising where she was and with all speed and haste sped away and eventually made it to the gates of Syne she was finally here and, again she froze and started to panic, this had to be the most Terrifiying day of her life ever and she hadn't even made it past the front gate yet. God how she needed a smoke and wished she had actually brought some with her.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
Sun high in the sky, not a cloud in sight! Not that he had a view of the sky quite yet! Flash Driver was just starting his rounds for the day! He had begun in his cramped dorm room, well; they called it a dorm room but it was actually much more of a broom cupboard filled with all kinds of mechanical odds and ends. He'd told people before and he'd tell them again, being a machine like him comfort wasn't a sensation he could experience. Not to mention that he didn't sleep so having a cramped room wasn't something that particularly mattress. He had been up all night doing his usual stuff, tinkering with his body and cleaning up some paintwork. A majority of his focus had been on legwork; he had really knee-ded to fix his suspension. His balance had been just a little off for a couple of days.

With the ring of his alarm clock, and old style one with a hammer and two bells he had fashioned himself, the tall droid finished his fiddling and clicked the alarm off. Course, not having to sleep meant time was weird for Flash. It almost seemed trivial to keep track off, there was only one statistic he had to keep track of and that was battery life. Well, and the number and wellbeing of his friends formulated into a graph in order to better understand the ones he had to focus and check up on frequently. Regardless he set out from his tiny room, down the hallway and then descended the stairs. Waving as he passed the many friendly, albeit distracted, faces as he walked. He was planning to just go around town, help people in the usual way he did. Helping old ladies cross the street, holding ladders or maybe even a one-day-job.

His stride however came to a halt as he exited the school, he had encountered and having a robotic mind could recall just about every face within Syne academy. He was good with names and faces, as most machines were and he had just encountered one he didn't recognise. A particularly still and anxious looking face. With a spring his his step the two meter, broad shoulders, very clearly made from metal, android approached the small eye-patched girl and extended a hand to shake.

"Hello? Are you okay o.o You've kind of got a weird expression going on. You must be new right? I'm Flash Driver it's nice to meet you Miss?" His screen read, lacking a voice or even any real sound generating abilities this was his primary method of communication.

Akki

Akki
The fear was real but deep inside somewhere Akki knew she had to get it together but before she even managed to do so something caught her attention that snapped her back to reality and something was about all she could describe it as it approached her, compared to her minisucle frame this metal man was truley huge, or was this just in her head again was she seeing things, oh god had she passed out and was dreaming, Akki realised quite quickly she wasn't dreaming as she could faintly smell something that could very well be a sort of cleaning fluid similar to the one she used on her own vambraces or was it paint.

The metal man as she had taken to thinking of him as had stopped and Akki was rudley staring blankly at him really not knowing what to do, waiting for him to say something it was then she spotted the small screen with text on it, he had asked her if she was ok because of the weird look she had on her face, this caused her to panic a little more and take a step back was there something wrong with her face. According to the metal mans screen his name was Flash Driver. Akki took in a deep breath and swollowed the lump in her throat.

"ummm h-h-hello mr um mr Driver, yes im-im okay thank you just well if im being honest, im well, im new here and nervous and new and never seen a man made from metal who is so big and I-I-I ummm" she was fumbling with her words and started to ramble a little,a voice in her head was telling her this man no Flash was just a friendly person or robot or robot person and she needed to get her head out of her backside and stop flapping around this was the type of thing she had to get used to she was no longer in her home she was where she wanted to be she was at Syne.

"MynamesAkkiDracosnicetomeetyou" she blurted all took quickly another deep breath as her hand wandered unconsiously up to her eye patch "S-s-s-sorry I mean my name is Akki Dracos it's nice to meet you Mr Driver" she held out her hand for a hand shake not knowing if metal men shook hands or not.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
Flash closed the gap and promptly shook her hand, attempting to give off an air of kindness despite not having a face or any recognisable body language for a person to go off of... so in conclusion it didn't particularly work. He shook the hand as stiffly and sternly as would befit a robot of his appearance. Logging her name and face into his memory-banks, compiling the two and adding her to his list.

Perhaps Flash's ramblings would make him seem more approachable than his cold and hard external shell. Releasing his grip he began;"Well it is wonderful to make your acquaintance Miss Dracos, please Flash is enough! No need for Mister or Miss when referring to me. Don't really know which I'd fall under! Anyway yes I guessed right then, welcome welcome ^w^ If you need any help I can give it! Not like I have anything really to do that can't be done at some other time, going to be up when the fleshy ones are sleeping anyway! I could help you look around the academy if you wanted!"

Flash then paused, of course reading such a mass of text could be a little taxing. Especially on such a small human with only one eye. He was patient though and would letter her finish before continuing. "o.o You said you'd never seen a person made of metal this big, have you maybe met other androids already? There are a couple more here to ^^ "

Akki

Akki
The speed flash closed the distance for the handshake was slightly startling but not so bad, he was gentle but a little stiff, Akki didn't know if that was normal or not. More text appeared on his screen and Akki bent a little close to read it, she let out a little laugh and snort when she read miss Dracos, no one had ever called her miss anything, no one was ever that polite, he was offering to help her which in fact sounded like a wonderful idea, seeing as she didn't know the first thing about this place outside of what she had read. She smiled at him

"Well Mr Dr, I mean Flash, I-I would love some help, I don't know where i should go from here is there and office or someone is should report to?, as for seeing the rest of the academy I would love it, also just Akki is fine im no miss thats for sure" without even realising it herself Akki wasn't to nervous and was actually conversing with someone, a warm feeling entered her chest a feeling she hadn't ever felt before.

More text then appeared on the screen asking about men made of metal and wether Akki has met other Androids, this wasn't a term Akki had heard before, she shook her head "N-n-no I haven't ever met another Android before, you are the first,I meant no offense by what i said, Its just compared to me you are large and well metal and" she was rambling again, Akki then dropped her rucksack to the ground opened it up and started to rummage through quickly, in a matter of seconds she let out a squeel of happiness, as she pulled her hand from within her bag in it was clutched a rather bashed pack of cigarettes, she pulled one out and placed it in her mouth then looked to Flash

"Oh you um well you don't mind if I smoke do you,It-it-it helps with my nerves,also ehhh this is going to sound stupid and possibly rude but are you a student here or a teacher or?"

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"Well, you should probably go to the office yes but do you have bags and such to put in your dorm room? It'd probably be better to go straight there first rather than be forced to cary them around for your introduction and your... then again you might not even have your room key o.o did they give you it or are you meant to get it from the office?"  Flash asked, preparing to set off on the tour.

"Ohhh, so I'm your first droid encounter? Well that's fine ^^ Most of them don't look like me though, they look a whole lot more like you. Some people have got really good at mimicking the appearances of fleshy ones and putting android parts beneath the shell, i'm the odd one out in that regard." He responded, beginning to lead the way into the school. His head rotating a whole one hundred and eighty degrees so that she could continue to read as she walked behind him. "I'm just a student so don't worry about being too formal or whatever Miss Dracos. I'm a tech student, mostly so I can augment my body and look after my other robot companions ^^ I'm a pacifist so some kinds of hunting doesn't really appeal to me, dealing with grimm is fine though."

If she had followed him they would now be entering the gates of the school, the wide spanning hall with a stage for the headmistress and other teachers to make announcements spanned out before them alongside a couple tables and a cafeteria like area. Being that it was lunch time it was rather busy.

Akki

Akki
There seemed to be no response to wether he was bothered by her smoking so Akki went a head a lit up,taking a deep draw and exhaling,she immediatly felt the effect and felt alot calmer, as she smoked she continued to read off of the screen, Office,dorms,keys bags alot of good questions and only really one Akki actually had an answer to

"No I haven't gotten a dorm key yet, when you stumbled across me I had literally just arrived and well panicked so getting signed in or talking to someone in charge would be a good start I think i'm not sure, As for bags,I only have whats already on my person, here in my rucksack and anything else on my belt and in my pockets she said taking regular puffs from her cigarette,

even though everything flash was telling her came in text it felt almost ilke he was happy that he was the first Android that she had ever met and once again he used a term she wasn't at all familiar with Fleshy ones, now she wasn't sure if this was a general android term for humans who obviously have flesh or some sort and offence term and she was to shy to really ask and didn't want to offend anyone on her first day so she kept quite. Flash then moved off his head rotating to she could continue reading, Akki smirked toherself anf found this amusing and also pondered how he managed to see if what seemed to be his head was facing her, again she kept it to herself

"Oh soe you are a student like me thats handy to know and please Flash honestly just Akki will do, Miss Dracos is far to froma--"

Akki stopped mid sentence mid step as she awed at the atritecture around her, a stage seating,the halls looked fantastic and then horror struck like a lightning bolt, they seemed to be heading towards a cafeteria like area with alot of people, Akki's hearts started to pound and her breath became laboured once again,being frozen at the docks was one thing but some of these people here could possibly be her classmates and peirs,how was she going to manage this, she tooks a couple of steps back her fight and flight responses sreaming flight flight flight. thoughts started to run rampant through her head like a heard of while grimm, why had she decided to do this,why leave her home and put herself in a situation that was clearly beyond her.

"U-u-ummm Flash, I-i-i-i-i-i ummmmm I don't t-t-t-think I can do this, people and crowds and and and" her voice sounded similar to someone stepping on a field mouse,squeeky,shrill and very quakey. Now Flash was going to think she was stupid and possibly a useless Fleshy one as he could put it, this thought made he panic even more causing her whole body to lock up and start to shiver and shake,Akki actaully couldn't remember a time she had been this scared in her life.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"Ahhh, okay okay ^^ Don't worry about it then! We'll just head to the administration building. They'll know where your room is and have your key! It's not too far away, just a little passed the training halls. It's through the lecture halls and-

Flash came to a stop in his progression when she began to tremble, a broad "???" covering the entirety of the droid's screen before she let out her squeaking complaint. It didn't take long for him to transcribe what she had said, clearly she wasn't great with strangers. Being the social person Flash was, he had encountered this kind of person many times before. Those who were less comfortable with crowds or even just talking, be it to him or to other people in general. Rotating his body around to match his head Flash lowered himself to around eye level with the girl. Gently placing one of his massive hands on the top of her head.

"Miss Dracos, Akki. You are not unique in lacking a body part, there are many students here who have augmented their bodies with robotic parts. There's a teacher who is missing the lower half of their body and replaced part of it with a mechanical peg leg. I can assure you, people aren't going to point and stare at your patch ^^ Even if they were to, let's be honest, who are they going to point and stare at. The nice little girl who happens to wear an eyepatch or me, the big blue machine with no discernible eyes or ears or mouth or nose. ^^ I'll act excellently as your cover, there's nothing to worry about! Are you okay to do this?"

Akki

Akki
Akki was glad that Flash communicated using text rather than speech because right now all she could hear was her own heart pounding in her ears,she was currently frozen stuff but not totally unawares of what was going on around her, Flash spun his whole body round to face her,which was kind of cool and kind of like an owl rotating its head 180 degrees, he assured her that no one was going to stare or make not of her deformity and mentioned a teacher and others whom had replacement parts, there were others in this world like her, possibly others who had gone through something similar. Until this very moment it had never crossed her mind, she had always felt like she was the only one,not beliving that there could be others, but it did't sound to far fetched after all before today she had never met an android and her she was standing not even a few feet from one.

Akki sucked in alot of air, held it for about 10 seconds and blew it in out in a rather large puff, the then grabbed another smoke,lit up took and drag and nodded to Flash, she then scooted closer and used him as partial cover/partial someone she could cower behind.

"Y-y-y-y-y-y-y-yes I can d-d-d-do this, if you'll help, I-i dont think I can do this alone Flash,I'm terrible with crowds,they well they just freak me out and i hate them, even if the people in them might be very nice people,I just stuggle" She stammered and squeeked quite pathetically, she must have looked some sight. A young petite girl cigarette hanging from her mouth practically hanging off of an android as she cowered in fear, the actual though of it almost made her burst out laughing, almost but not quite.

"I think, I just need more practice and experiance with people,im sure once I meet some I may get better but right now as Pathetic as this fleshy on may seem, I need someone to metaphorically hold my hand else i'll be standing here frozen all day" she beckoned for his to lead on and she stuck to him like glue, his metal exterior felt quite warm where she clung to him not cold like she expected, she didn't know if that was normal,her sweats hot body,or possibly the sun over head heating him up.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
She was acting... very strangely. Even for someone in this situation. So still and with such a bizarre breathing pattern, it was almost as if she were a balloon someone kept letting air out of before filling back up again. Flash was almost afraid she might explode until she finally spoke out in a quiet and shaky manner. She didn't seem to understand that, of the two of them he would absolutely be the one to draw stares. Even in this location where his appearance was quite common... he was still a two meter tall robot painted sea-foam green. He tended to draw people's eyes whether they wanted to stare or not.

"Just relax bud ^^ Nothin' pathetic, nothin' to worry about! This'll be over in a jiffy!" Flash chose to inform her, turning before feeling the girl cling to him like a magnet.

While it wasn't uncomfortable, he couldn't really feel uncomfortable in the physical sense, it was making walking... difficult. His steps were hampered by the small girl, while he could probably have forced his way through it he didn't particularly want to risk injury while she was in such an unstable state and so he was forced to take smaller steps, it would take longer to reach the destination but he didn't particularly care. Really the heat she felt was just her own body heating the metal on Flash, the large droid of course had a cooling system and his skin was indeed made of a ridged and uncomfortable set of metal plating. Surely this wasn't the best way to walk through the school.

Upon arriving at the office, slowly almost dragging her there. The large droid placed one hand on her head and gently tore her from his lower half. Pointing the the posted sign on the door.

Akki

Akki
The walk to the office while slow,mainly because Akki was clinging and Flash was hindered by her,was alot less terrifiing and Akki began to calm down alot, soon they were there and Akki felt a hand on her head as Flash slowly peeled her off of him. It wasn't until the was standing away from him she realised just how clung to him she had been.

Flash I want to say Thank you so so much and sorry about earlier also, I feel you deserve and explination of sort, in short along time ago I had a rather traumatic experiance that left me scarred as i am today, growing up was hard and I was constantly bullied because of it which left me not quite right up here" she tapped on her head and continued.

In Large crowds I get how you saw me earlier paraletic with fear and even around a single person I don't know I am rather shakey at best. I'm sorry I clung to you but I just couldn't have gotten through that alone. And I can't thank you enough for helping and leading me to the office, You were there first person I met after leaving the boat earlier today and if all the students here are like you then i'm sure I will manage someone how" she beamed at him a genuine toothy smile.

???

???
It was a gruesome sight, if one chose to look out the window, to see a freshly murdered corps, partially hidden by the bushes. When did this happen? Who could have done this? How come they didn’t get caught within the grounds of a school for hunters? Clearly this was the work of a skilled assassin. The body belonged to a man of brutish stature with quite the mustache. Next to him? A mop soaked in the red of the man’s blood. The informed student could easily recognize him as Alfred Walters, school Janitor. Around the body a group of students had started to gather, some screaming, sone taking pictures with their scrolls to post later. Who caused this tragedy? The only clue was a single snickerdoodle cookie resting upon Alfred’s chest. Incidents like these were starting to gain attention. The time was coming to finally find this Cookie assassin.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"oh, err, I dunno if they're quite like me. I'm pretty weird after all ^^' But they should be nice for the most part yes if that's what you're trying to get at ^^ Long as you don't tread on any toes none of your toes'll get tread on! I especially have to look out for that, much more literally than figuratively though thankfully." Flash responded gently petting the girl on her head before sending her on her way, "You be careful now bud! I'll see you around, stay safe!"

Without any fanfare Flash made his way back through the school, waving to the students in the cafeteria as he passed. Reaching the gate once more the large droid began to make his way down from the mountain, a brisk but light walk... not that intensity super mattered to a machine like himself. Regardless, reaching the bottom he would head directly to the junkyard on the island. Working hard throughout the day in order to gather better equipment and craft better items for bother himself and his friends. Flash hadn't noticed the dead body, nor would he notice any others throughout the day.

-exit-

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum