You are not connected. Please login or register

Fascinating armor

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fascinating armor Empty Fascinating armor Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:59 pm

Jaiden Kingsly

Jaiden Kingsly
Jaiden's strides were some strange type of relaxed speed walk, leading her around and throughout Bellmuse without much purpose. Merely a stroll of sorts, catch the rays of the sun, listen to people talk, or see if she came across something actually interesting.

She paused for just a few seconds leaning her head back eyes closed to feel the sun on her face. Ah, that's better. She looked back to the path in front of her and the people around her, listening to as many of them speak as she could, all the while keeping her eyes open for the people producing the most interesting conversations. Or presenting the most fascinating traits.

There weren't all to many of either unfortunately. In most cases, people were dull, humans or faunus. They were mostly boring clones of one another. Sure, every few there was somebody interesting. Or even a group, but even they often just said things she'd heard before.

Guess I'm not all that much different though. I'm just another one of them with nothing truly new to say. Sure I have some theories, but they don't get very far. She thought frowning, Oh well, never mind that. I came her for a stroll not philosophical pessimism.

2Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Maestus

Maestus
It had been too long since Maestus had simply relaxed and watched the world as it went by. Thus, she was sitting on the sidewalk clicking her claws to the beat of the music that she played inside of her head.  After spending so much time at the school where she got into fights or frustrated herself by trying to talk to people, the stress was getting to her.  Listening to her music and not doing anything else was one of the few things that could calm her down when she ever got close to her breaking point.  Recently she's been, for a lack of a better word, bummed out.  Almost every social interaction she's been in so far has been a total failure. Most people either couldn't connect with her in any way or they were too put off by her appearance.  Being a rather tall android with claws sticking out of her feet and hands, nobody really wanted to get too close.  To be fair, she hospitalized the first person she met at the academy.  Shaking the thought out of her head, she turned her focus back to... nothing.

3Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:11 pm

Jaiden Kingsly

Jaiden Kingsly
As Jaiden's eyes passed across the crowd they widened and she cocked her head, Whoah. She thought a slight smile on her face as she noticed the rather huge armored android merely sitting on a sidewalk.

What in the world is that? Whatever it is it's most assuredly more interesting then most of the other ones here. She thought then bit her lip as she took a step towards Maestus, Wait, whatever or whoever it is doesn't communicate with me. And I'm just walking up to annoy it? And I can't see a face so it's not like I could know just by looking at that. Ah crap, but I really want to know what's up with that armor. Screw it, let's just see.

Jaiden breathed in preparing herself mentally to try and introduce herself and ask a question in a short period of time without sounding entirely inept at that. As she approached the android she gave a slight wave before getting nearer and leaning to one side, "Um, hi, excuse me. I'm Jaiden. I was wondering about your armor? It's rather unusual." She said.

Maybe a bit to direct and short? Dangit, not like there's a delete button for verbal communication.Ah well, deal with it and move on.

4Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:30 pm

Maestus

Maestus
Maestus slowly turned to observe this new face, lazily standing up as she sized her up.  She didn't appear to be a threat, which meant that this could possibly be someone trying to get to know her?  Curious.  Maestus never really was one to look a gift horse in the mouth, so she thought about what to say next.  At first, she didn't know what she was talking about.  Asking about her "armor" was confusing, since she just thought of it as her body.  She looked the stranger in the eye and said, "This isn't armor.  This is my body." This didn't seem very friendly. It seemed more like she was answering a question on a piece of paper, saying each word in an almost emotionless fashion.  This wouldn't do.  To meet new people, one had to seem at least slightly capable of speaking with another person.  "I'm Maestus.  Nice to meet you, Jaiden.  Sorry for seeming unusual, just the way I was built I guess." I guess that would have to do. Most people didn't give Maestus the chance to be social, so an ineptitude should be expected. Hopefully the sound of her voice didn't turn this one away like it did to others. Her voice wasn't quite robotic or organic, it sounds like some sort of unsettling mix of the two. It always seemed to be a problem with meeting new people, but those that were patient enough to listen to it all were able to look past it.

5Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:47 pm

Jaiden Kingsly

Jaiden Kingsly
Jaiden craned her neck back as the android stood up to an almost ridiculous height. She raised her eyebrows at the significant change in height, and the rather emotionless original response. So...an android? She thought. The thought confirmed by the words 'the way I was built.'

Yep, that's an android then. She shrugged, "Cool. An... " She paused trying to think of what the correct word would technically be. She hadn't encountered an android which probably had as high of an intelligence and plausible emotional capacity as this one might, "...Android? Sorry, I wouldn't know the technical term. A little beyond my knowledge..."

She leaned back looking at the android again and thinking it over, it had an interesting voice which might take getting used to, same for the way Maestus looked. Both were unusual but were not entirely bothersome in her opinion, although the body suggested it's purpose may have been battle.

"I don't mean to pry, so you don't need to answer, but uh. I'm still interested about the...well I guess it's just you since that's not technically armor. I like science stuff so you can imagine, uh, you're rather fascinating to me." She scratched her head and frowned, Geesh what a statement. You're just great at this right? Nooope. You can't even talk to an android.

6Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:04 am

Maestus

Maestus
Wait, was this working? Strange.  Most of the time people ask just a bit about Maestus and then leave, but this person was actually sticking around by choice!  This was a rare opportunity, but she didn't want to ruin it by seeming too eager to speak with this person.  At the same time, she didn't want to seem uninterested.  This was going to be hard to balance out.  However, this person did seem a bit weird compared to the other people Maestus had to interact with.  She's never received a compliment like, "you're rather fascinating to me" before.  Still, what was so interesting about her structure?  I guess living in this body for long enough makes the whole thing seem normal.

"Well, um... Sure. Ask whatever you want to, I guess."  There wasn't much that she had to hide, and if this was how she was going to hold a conversation, so be it.  It wasn't that this was a burden to her, but if someone asked another person how their body worked, they'd be a little bit confused.  Unsure of what this person wanted to know, Maestus extended and retracted the claws in her hands as she waited for a response from Jaiden.  It was weird moving her claws without having to fight anybody, but it was nice at the same time.  Fighting people day after day is physically and emotionally taxing.

7Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:23 am

Jaiden Kingsly

Jaiden Kingsly
Jaiden smiled, Well I'm not doing entirely awful I guess. Although neither of us seem to be entirely certain of ourselves in this situation. At least I'm not getting attacked for being insulting somehow or something. That's certainly a good thing.

"Umm, well, um, were you designed for battle or something? In which case were you meant to fight Grimm, human, or faunus? Or, did you like, start out as something else and grow, or evolve, upgrade, something like that?" She grimaced, "Oy, sorry, not very good at asking questions. Hopefully you get what I'm trying to say though."

She shuffled her feet, "How about an energy source? That's sort of a simple question right? Do you need to plug into an external battery or is there some way for you to absorb or transfer energy into yourself in order to use it to move and function?"

8Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:41 am

Maestus

Maestus
Oh, wow. That was a lot to ask right away.  Come to think of it, what was Maestus designed for?  "I don't know exactly what I was made to do.  I know it's for combat, but I don't think it's aimed at just humans or just Grimm.  I'm good at fighting all kinds of things.  Also, I assume I can upgrade myself if I felt the need to and I had the materials, but I haven't found out exactly what I'm made out of.  As for an energy source... I'm not sure.  I don't get tired, eat, drink or sleep.  Despite all of this, I don't plug into anything or require fuel of any kind.  I just don't.  I feel like it has some ties to my emotions, because I get much stronger when I'm mad at something, but I'm not sure."  Was this too much or too little?  It was hard to tell.  Even if Maestus had more experience with others, she doubted that she'd be able to fully understand this one.  It was embarrassing to not be able to tell someone much about herself, but she was as much of a mystery to herself as she was to her "father."  She rotated her shoulders for a moment, not used to standing still and engaging in actual conversation.  Whenever she was awake, unless she was relaxing, she was always moving around without stopping.  This would have to be another thing to get used to if she was going to make friends.  Her father was right, humans are more complicated than she thought.

9Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:35 am

Jaiden Kingsly

Jaiden Kingsly
Jaiden listened intently as she spoke touching her chin and looking vacantly at the ground in thought, it wasn't a ton of information. But at the same time it gave her plenty of theories about the what, the why, and the various how's of what was going on with the android.
Solar energy? Absorbing kinetic motion, thermal? Maestus says it varies depending on emotion so maybe it's like...an aura thing? Or maybe it's just causing some sort of reaction? In any case, that's rather a peculiar trait.

"Quite a mystery you are. Ah well I guess if you don't know I certainly can't can I?" She said aloud smiling as she looked back up at Maestus, Geesh you're tall.
"Well, what do you do now then? I mean it seems you aren't really doing anything much with the person or people who made you so you must be doing more then sitting out here huh?"

10Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:53 pm

Maestus

Maestus
Maestus tilted her head slightly when asked about what she did now.  If she was being honest, she'd say that she wasn't quite sure.  Maybe she was doing what she thought her father would want for her, or maybe she's attending this school for herself.  On another note, she never knew her creator/creators.  What was she supposed to tell her now?  At least Jaiden seemed somewhat happy with the conversation so far, judging by the smile on her face.  She should probably answer her as honestly as possible for now.  After all, what harm could it be?  There isn't a lot that she needed to hide at the moment.

"Well, uh... I just attend classes, I guess.  Before you showed up, I was just listening to music 'cause I was stressed out.  And, there isn't anything I can do with my creator or creators.  I don't know where or who they are."

She looked down at her hands, observing them even though they were her own hands - something she should be completely familiar with.  Come to think of it, she never searched for her creators.  It seemed like a waste of time to look for some people if you don't have a single clue as to who they are or where they could be, and finding out who they are isn't something that would really end well.  She'd be furious with them for making her this way.  She always accidentally causes some form of damage due to her anger issues, and her mere existence is a hazard, seeing how she's a giant metal war machine.  These thoughts were starting to get to her, and the claws on her hands started to glow a faint dark golden color.

Realizing this a couple seconds after it happened, Maestus retracted her claws and the glow ceased. "Sorry about that.  Well, we've been talking about me for a while, what about you?  Got anything interesting to talk about?"

11Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:00 pm

Jaiden Kingsly

Jaiden Kingsly
She stroked her chin listening and furrowed her brow, Attend classes? You're in a school? Well that's interesting, I don't know if I've heard about that but then again Maestus is already something completely new to me. Jaiden thought, Oh I hope I'm not furthering any stress. That'd be a shame, hopefully Maestus would tell me if I was. Hm, can't find out who made you huh? That's rather unfortunate I suppose, or maybe it isn't. If they made you for battle your fate might actually be worse then what it is now. You might be seen as far more disposable.

Jaiden cocked her head as Maestus looked at her own hands, an interesting action. Usually meant they were having a memory or a thought about destruction, whether they liked the idea of destruction or not. Especially hard to judge since here wasn't really a face.

She raised her eyebrows and instinctively paused to think as she was asked about herself, realizing she probably should have expected that but really wasn't hoping for it. She bit her lip, Aside from me hiding that I'm a Faunus? she thought, ""That's hard to say honestly. It's not like I'm the most interesting person. Um, I'm a dust major, I used to theorize about aura plausibly being able to allow multiple semblances...actually I still do that, but I can't manage it. Hm, well let me think, I'm rather good at fighting to be totally honest. But that's probably because I enjoy it, and I guess since my social skills are lacking I found something else to be good at."

12Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:09 pm

Boarbatusk

Boarbatusk
1 Boarbatusk, 130 HP, 3 def/res

---

The boar hadn't had a nice meal in a good while, and what was happening here, is that it saw two beings standing around in bellmuse, and it wanted those two in particular. No one would, or even could, guess why but it didn't matter. All that most people knew was that it was grimm and that grimm were evil and mean and ugly. However, this particularly ugly grimm had found its targets and decided that they needed to be impaled upon it's tusks.

Anyone around would hear a massive roar as the beat screamed as it charged towards the being of emotion and then the thing that didn't have emotion. Probably an object. However, he was more concerned with getting his food. What food? Why the one with emotions. That's all it cared about. If the other thing attacked it, it would attack back. It did not have a complex plan, just anger and suffering.

13Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:22 pm

Maestus

Maestus
Maestus heard the scream of a creature quickly approaching and threw Jaiden out of the way, accidentally throwing her with her full strength as her semblance activated.  As the Grimm charged, she grabbed the thing's tusks. "If you even try to ruin this, I WILL BREAK YOU."  She stared the thing in the eyes to strike fear into the thing's entire being before she tightened her grip on the thing's tusks, beginning to pull the tusks apart as she kicked the thing in the stomach with the claws on her feet.  She wasn't going to let this thing ruin her chances at making friends with one of the students at her school.  Jaiden was one of the few that gave Maestus an opportunity to be a decent person, and wasting this opportunity would send her into a frenzy.  While she didn't let her distract her, she wondered if Jaiden would be put off at Maestus's unusual way of fighting.  Clawing at your enemy like a savage animal isn't exactly an orthodox way to fight things.

4 Buffed kicks: 200 damage if hit. (Defense not included.)

14Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm

Jaiden Kingsly

Jaiden Kingsly
Jaiden's eyes skipped towards the beast before she was practically thrown off her feet as Maestus attempted to shove her out of the way and she was forced to use her semblance to create a burst of wind between her and the hand, to shove herself off it more gently before it reached full force. She readjusted in the air so that she could actually land on her feet. She realized it was for her protection and appreciated it, although it was rather unexpected and did take effort to protect herself from it.

She grinned as she saw the thing, not out of amusement, out of excitement. The smile carried to her eyes the sinister enjoyment of violence. She watched the part of Maestus's attack with interest, an unusual assault, but one that could potentially be very dangerous against many opponents if properly executed. Deciding to aid Maestus she chose for a testing of the beast, uncertain of it's abilities, but certain she wanted to take it out.
"Thanks for that." She said to Maestus.

Jaiden rushed forwards her dagger entering her hand, as she approached she once again used her semblance, but this time offensively directing two gusts of wind together to create an edge of sorts where they would crash together which would hopefully be the Grimm's torso. She followed it up with two swift slashes at its neck before she quickly tried to back off in case Maestus or the Grimm had other combat plans in mind.

If Maestus was as tough as Jaiden assumed it would be best to act as an annoyance to the beast, trying to get it to focus enough on herself to not cause to much damage to Maestus, but not so much that Maestus would have to exert an immense amount of effort to take it out because it was so focused on killing Jaiden.

1 semblance attack by intersecting wind cutting, 10 damage/SP if hit (Defense not added)
2 Knife slashes 50 damage if hit (Defense not added)

15Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:59 pm

Boarbatusk

Boarbatusk
The boar barely had time to react when it was jumped upon. All of its other prey hadn't used such tactics, and if the boar could've felt fear, it would've cried out in fear. It did, however, cry out in pain as it was rather brutally pounded upon by the robot who had even attacked the other prey. It would've been more ready to harass the mistake of the robot, if it hadn't ripped the boar's tusks off. It was in pain, but worse yet, while it was distracted from the beating that it was getting from the robot, the other prey had decided to attack.

It thought that it could've just swooped in and ate them. That would've been the easiest thing. Just swoop in, eat them, cause some havoc and then maybe eat some more. It was rather hungry. That was the lost thought in the beasts head as it faded into nothingness.

---

grimm dead.

16Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:21 pm

Maestus

Maestus
Maestus stood over the fading Grimm, her head twitching like some sort of maniac before she started to calm down from her fury.  Her semblance deactivated as she turned to face Jaiden, barely realizing that she helped at all.  She was still twitching from her rage as she began to say, "You are nothi-... Oh.  Oh, sorry.  I uh..."  She was glad that she didn't say anything that she'd come to regret, but dissapointed that their interaction was interrupted by a brutal act of violence.  "Listen, I'm gonna go.  I'll be around the academy if you need me."  She hoped she'd meet up with this strange person again, but for now she had to get home so she could finally relax and calm down.  She turned away to walk down the pavement towards where ever her dorm was, her claws clicking against the ground as she went.

17Fascinating armor Empty Re: Fascinating armor Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:07 am

Jaiden Kingsly

Jaiden Kingsly
Jaiden looked at the Grimm at their feet, a neutral look on her face. It was not an impressive fight all in all, interesting for as short at is was, but hardly impressive. Thus she was one part disappointed and one part interested in the results of the fight.

She cocked her head at Maestus as she spoke to her and seemingly had nearly said, 'You are nothing.' or something along those lines. Although she'd stopped herself and said something else instead. Quickly leaving but adding that she'd be around the academy, which was at least something, meant it was possible she might see her again at some point.

She looked down, I suppose something should be done about this. It's a shame there was nothing else to do with Maestus, but I believe there can be something gained out of this at least. Aside from Maestus being a friend, good to have friends. Although, Maestus might need friends more then I do, she's really got more issues to deal with.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum