You are not connected. Please login or register

Magnificence unbound [Pvt / Invite only]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Magnificence unbound [Pvt / Invite only] Empty Magnificence unbound [Pvt / Invite only] Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
The people that had attended their fight, watched and most likely recorded it were moving away as a coherent group. For whatever reason, she had managed to get out before this Lothric fellow. Which she was hoping for, she still had some questions for him. During the fight, while Shiva was intruiging and her style wonderous to behold, it was something she could comprehend. Though Lothric, was to her a tad more odd. She was legitimately struck by curiousity due to her opponent. And since it was a friendly spar, she always had the possibility to converse with her foes afterwards. They were still students, after all.

So she stood there,holding up the massive scythe, leaning against the wall as some of the students came to compliment her on the display and be in awe of her moves. Some even asked to train with them, to which she honestly replied that everyone had such potential. And that, if she had time, she'd do so.

The training room was practically her second home.

"Sir Ember," she stated as she saw the man, he wasn't really easy to miss. Given the soft clunk his armour carried as he moved. "May I borrow a minute of your time? I had some questions I would hope you could answer."

Ser Lothric Ember

Ser Lothric Ember
Exiting the training room Lothric let out a heavy sigh, while the three way duel had been wonderful he was still fired up about fighting two such capable individuals and that feeling wouldn't go away for a while, still he would manage and if lucky another duel would come within his path sooner then later. Having placed his helmet onto the small hook on his waist after the fight was over Lothric was lightly shaking his head sideways as to adjust where his hair was positioned on his back as there where still patches of flames crawling over his armor and Lothric just didn't see the reason to extinguish them this soon. He still had control over the fire but he did not want the sensation to end just yet and left them to burn out on their own.

He was called or asked was more truthful, stopping in his stride Lothric turned his head towards Mathilde and bowed it slightly as he took a few steps towards her and gave her a warm smile before answering with his normal tone "Why it should be mine pleasure to grant thee at least a minuet if not more.".
While it was true that Lothric wanted to know more about both of his combatants he was interested in the scythe wielder and this might just be the perfect time for him to get a few questions himself answered. Still he would wait for her to being but he suddenly noticed one of the patches of fire was starting to grow, slightly annoyed by this he focused upon it and slowly chocked it of oxygen and heat while its movement seemed slightly desperate as if it was clinging to life and then suddenly it vanished into the abyss of non- existence.

Returning his focus upon Mathilde he once more gave her a smile and adjusted the collar of his chest plate while waiting for her questions to being and the chance for him to ask some of his own, it would be quite the conversation if he got his way about it and perhaps it may turn into a promise of something more.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
She inclined her head to his bow, arms extended to the side lightly. A warrior's salute, the massive scythe still brandished. She was about to speak, before his gaze drifted off towards one of the spots of fire on his battle regalia. She held her tongue for the time being as he focussed on the small patch of ember, it being choked out by his control. She answered the smile with a faint one of her own, nodding momentarily. "I presume that being lingerings of your semblance?" She questioned, letting out a soft chuckle, leaning against the wall now. A more casual pose. She was in friendly company after all. It didn't matter to be on guard now.

She shook her head momentarily, before nodding at his armour. "I'd imagine it not being too light and flexible, this armour of yours. While it certainly provides a very regal look, I'm intruiged as to what material it is made off," she gestured at her own scythe. "It did miracles against Hallowed Redeemer. And it's made of a blend of osmium and depleted plutonium. Thus I just had to wonder, since those are extremely dense."

Ser Lothric Ember

Ser Lothric Ember
"Indeed, mine semblance is the conjuration and control of fire. It has plenty of uses beyond battle, still fire is a wild thing and I have many kisses from mine own flames." his voice still held the regal tone as he answered her but he had a feeling it wasn't just about his semblance and just as this thought finished crossing his mind the other question about his armor and what it was made out of came up in conversation, while he had heard quite a few mentions about it no one had ever asked him straight up what it was made from. Lothric then grabbed his helmet from the hook and held it out towards Mathilde allowing her to look over the details, he then spoke with a bit more stern tone, "Well I am an Ember and as such I have access to my families many forges and craftsmen. When I found out what my semblance was I spent most of my time creating a new metal alloy that was quite durable, heat resistant and could absorb kinetic force rather well. After around ninety-seven failures me and the Forge master managed to craft a suitable alloy that could withstand quite a large amount of stress, after that I utilized my semblance to make my weapon and armor from this metal alloy. The crafting it self holds many secret about why it is of such a grand quality, but that is between me and the old man to know.".

Lothric then closed his eyes for a few moments and spoke once more but this time his voice had a slight sadness to it "Well, I would nay say you where wrong to not call me an Ember any more, a slight argument became quite the harsh goodbye and I doubt my father would even bother with me unless he could use my position or find a way to drive me back to him.". He then returned his gaze towards Mathilde and gave her another smile as if to reassure her that the conversation could continue without the gloomy cloud he had just pulled forth.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
"As such is the uncontrolling and prideful nature of fire in itself," Mathilde agreed. "Poetic, if you consider it." The gynoid added with a nod. The change in his tone didn't go unnoticed by Mathilde, and she had to consider her words carefully. While she wouldn't call it a touchy topic, judging from body language and intonation. It just wasn't a conversational matter that seemed to put Lothric in a good mood. Which honestly surprised. The technical details of everything, was barebones information. It was why it tends to captivate her this much. "Ninety seven failures? I imagine it was a blend uncommon, derived from even rarer metals," she answered. Though didn't ask further. For as far as she knew, the blend and the metals were a traditional family secret. And it may be rude to inquire. The same went for the crafting details, as Lothric so kindly added to his explanation.

The sadness also surprised her. If slightly so. While she wasn't used to human gestures and consoling, she tried at least. And extended a gloved hand, to pad on his shoulderpad, looking him dead in the eyes. While her facial expression was cold and barely bore any semblance of emotions, it was still a comforting gesture. "You're among friends here, if I may be so straightforward to call you Lothric," she sighed slowly, pulling back her hand again. "I've found that several people are here, cast out from their homes or by their past. Our reasons may vary, but the company is solid," she added whilst a soft smirk formed on her face.

Ser Lothric Ember

Ser Lothric Ember
Lothric heard Mathildes responce to his first to answers and simply stated in his regal tone "Indeed." there was no need to go any further beyond that and as he was waiting for another answer after his light opening about his family past, the reaction he got from Mathilde was strange for him, Lothric half expected to be slightly mocked about it but that was mostly his own thought about the situation, still he wouldn't lie and say it was a useless gesture even if her gaze was void. Listening to her answer made Lothric chuckle lightly and he spoke in a tone of voice that was slightly foreign to him which was uncontrolled joy, while he did have some control it was clear that he wasn't remotely even considering the current outcome plausible "Ah yes, a big community of throwaways and past scared people. Hmm might be a perfect description of Syne at times.".

Regaining his composure Lothric gave Mathilde a smile and bowed his head lightly while speaking "I must beg a thousand apologies for placing this upon you, I should have held it for my self. Now are there anything else you would want answers to or would you settle for normal conversation, tho I must warn you small talk is not my strong suit.", while he knew that slightly rushing it along might have negative consequences Lothric wanted to remove him self from any thoughts about his past and family quickly and found this to be the easiest way to do so and if it came to small talk he had a few trick but not that it would amount to a long and detailed conversation at that.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
"Throwaways, outcasts, pariahs," Mathilde let out a soft hum of agreement under her breath. "I think it's safe to say everyone here has some baggage to carry." She glanced towards the end of the hallway, shaking her head. "It's not a light decision to become a huntsman. So I presume this goes for nearly every academy." She glanced back at Lothric as he apologized extensively. Another shake of her head and she stood up straight. "Don't worry about it." She shook her hand rather dismissively, before bringing it up in a fist and coughing softly. "I don't mind at all." Another gentle smirk, her eyes once again lacking the mirth of such a facial expression. It was odd, but certainly not unseen before.

"If you wish for me to bombard you with questions," she pushed herself from the wall again, starting to circle Lothric, inspecting his armour closely. "I presume it's made to resist sharp objects, such as claws, rather than blunt force trauma?" She glanced back up, now at the back of his head if he hadn't turned. "I also find it odd that one knight would decide to grow their hair out. It's longer than mine, so I assume combat disadvantages are at play? It's not criticism, merely curiousity."

Ser Lothric Ember

Ser Lothric Ember
Lothric gave a quick smile when she asked about his armors qualifications against both sharp objects and the potential lack of absorption of blunt attacks, while it was greatly known the most effective counter for heavy armor was blunt or piercing attacks Lothric's armor did have the qualifications to handle some of those issues but still a smack with a mace would hurt but it would be lessened. "Well while I know that is the problem with most suits of armor I have thought about it and thought about a slight fix to a degree by the shape of the armor and the particular cloth used underneath, while it is true I do not have a proper padding underneath my armor the plates are lined with a small mesh that when hit expands slightly to cushion some of the power behind a blow. It will never negate a blow completely but it does indeed help." again he spoke with a slight stern voice.

When he heard her question the reason for his hair Lothric couldn't help but laugh as his reasoning had nothing valid behind it at all and no tactical thought put into it, finishing the quick laugh he spoke in a friendly tone "Well it has indeed been the bane of my patience at times but I couldn't even think of cutting it shorter then this. You could call it a treasure as I enjoy having it like this that much." while he continued to speak his voice grew cold "While yes there has been many that have tried to use it against my by grasping for it and such they have quickly learned to avoid such folly as my retaliation grows quite murderous should such a thing happen.".

Lothric then had a thought creep into his head and it was about the filming of their little brawl and why some one would do it, he could think of a few reasons but Lothric would value Mathilde's input upon it and perhaps she could place any more logic towards it then he himself would be able to. His voice had grown friendly again after his little rant about the folly of grabbing his hair, "I am wondering and please the input you have would be valued highly. Why do you think some one would gather a crowd for a fight and then film the entire thing considering the danger involved?".

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
She nodded again. Anything used to beat and batter armour, regardless of it possessing a sharp edge, could be harmful. And she realized that during the fight, or any fight against armoured foes. That even the edge of her scythe could provide severe bruises at best. Though she didn't shy away from pommel strikes, shoulder strikes and such. A good fighter was a versatile fighter, after all. "I see," she hummed. "Interesting." It was good to gather information on heavily armoured fighters. Knowledge could always provide an edge.

She nodded again. "Personal preference," she agreed to the response regarding his hair. While she personally kept it a tad shorter, it was still of medium length. And more than open to someone grasping for it. Not that it would have any effect. Few had the strength to throw her off or displace her properly. And it didn't quite hurt as much as she imagined it to do for flesh beings. "Luckily I do not stoop to such level of dishonour, then," she answered with a smirk.

The question had her scratching her head, however. Mathilde wasn't all too comprehensive on human activity and reasoning. "I have no clue, honestly. They gave us the nescessary space," she frowned momentarily. "Maybe they were awestruck? Perhaps for their own training?" She knew she recorded her own fights internally and did quite some troubleshooting afterwards. "What do you reckon?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum