You are not connected. Please login or register

Caduceus Trauma Center Patient Visit #1 (Private w/ Bruz)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Anastasia I. Alexandrova

Anastasia I. Alexandrova
Dr. Anastasia Ilinichina Alexandrova was in a great mood as she entered her office in the Caduceus Trauma Center. It was a a very fine Monday morning. The weather was perfect and a subtle breeze was blowing. In addition to this, her parents had surprised her with an unannounced visit. It had been a while since she had seen her parents after they retired to Island of Patch. Anastasia was extremely happy to have her parents over for a visit. However, she didn't have much time to spend with her parents since she was on-duty at the Caduceus Trauma Center today.

"Okay, It is time to start doing the job I love more than my own parents." Anastasia thought quietly to herself as she made herself a cup of coffee. After spending some time drinking her coffee, she sat down at her desk and began looking at the files on the surgical patients she had performed emergency surgeries on. As she looked over each file, Anastasia paid careful attention to the Daily Progress Charts which was taken everyday by the nurses. From this information, she determined that all of her surgical patients were recovering fine after their surgeries.

"It looks like all of my surgical patients are recovering fine after their surgeries. However, It wouldn't hurt if I paid them a visit to check up on them myself." Anastasia commented to herself. Despite of what the charts are telling her, Anastasia preferred to meet with her patients personally to determine how well they are doing.

After spending some time going over the files, Anastasia smiled before getting up from her desk. As she did this, she put all the patient files under her arm before walking towards the door of her office. Along the way, she took one final look in the mirror to make sure that she was looked professional and presentable. As soon as this was done, Anastasia exited her office and walked towards the Recovering Patient Ward.

Bruz Chopper

Bruz Chopper
Bruz was at another pit fight, this time they had a deathstalker which has not killed anyone yet. Bruz was to fight it first,"Ladies and Gentle me, give your attention to our best pit fighter THE SNAKE RIPPER. His first opponent today is a DEATHSTALKER we brought here tonight, LETS GET THIS BLOOD BATH ON THE WAY." Bruz comes out charging, the deathstalker tries to sting him but gets its tail ripped off, it then tries its claws but they missed. Using the Stalker's stinger, Bruz stabs the Stalker in the head killing it. The second thing he had to fight was someone using a bow and arrow, they person got 6 lucky shoots in but was then knocked out. The crowed went wild, Bruz went to the locker room with the arrows still in him, once he got his stuff he left for the hospital. Once he got to the hospital it seemed like the some was rising or sitting, Bruz doesn't know because he lost the sense of time a while back.

Anastasia I. Alexandrova

Anastasia I. Alexandrova
"Good Morning, Mr. Nakashima. How are you doing today?" Anastasia greeted in a very friendly tone as she entered the Recovery Ward where a somewhat elderly man who had greying black hair. He was currently reading a book to a young girl whom Anastasia learned was his granddaughter, Sakura.

"Good Morning, Dr. Alexandrova. It is a pleasure to see you this morning." Mr. Nakashima greeted in a rather friendly tone as he looked up from the book he was reading. Mr. Nakashima had been rushed to Caduceus Trauma Center for sever stomach pains which was caused by tumors in his intestines. Anastasia had successfully operated on him and extracted all the tumors. Since then, she had monitored his progress carefully like everyone of her other patients

"It is also a pleasure to see you again, Mr. Nakashima. It is also a pleasure to see you again, Sakura." Anastasia replied as she took out Mr. Nakashima's file and added his current status today's Progress Chart. From his current progress, Mr. Nakashima was well on the way to recovery.

"Well, Mr. Nakashima. Your recovery is proceeding very nicely. With your current progress, you will be discharged from the hospital in about two days time." Anastasia explained with a smile as she finished updating his chart. Mr. Nakashima responded with a grateful smile. Soon after, he explained what she said to his granddaughter, Sakura. Anastasia could tell by the young girl's smile and her very energetic glomping of her leg that Sakura was extremely happy to hear the good news.

"And, this is the reason why I became a doctor. To help people." Anastasia thought to herself as she watched Mr. Nakashima and his granddaughter spent time together. What she was seeing now was the reason why she loved doing what she was doing. Anastasia didn't really care about the money that much as it was just a "bonus" in her mind. After watching the two for a bit, Anastasia was about to continue on with visiting her next patient when Nurse Jaeger interrupted her.

"Dr. Alexandrova. I think we have a patient that you need to take a look at. It looks serious." Nurse Jaeger reported in a very calm yet serious tone.

Bruz Chopper

Bruz Chopper
When Bruz got into the hospital and walked up to the front desk, the lady looked at him in shocked. Bruz had 6 arrows in him that he forgot to remove, two of them were in his left shoulder, 2 dangerly close to his heart and lungs and one in each of his thighs. The fact that he walked there scared the lady but they sent him to a room and had him wait in there, a nurse then came in and saw the arrow and ask how this happen, Bruz bluntly said,"White fang person thought i was human, shoot me six times, then a threw them into the ocean like six blocks worth of distance. Not sure, i'm bad a geometry." The nurse then called for a Doctor Alexandrova, Bruz only came in because Chibi needed some medicine for her cold and she only take medicine that taste like candy.

Anastasia I. Alexandrova

Anastasia I. Alexandrova
"This sounds extremely urgent. It also looks like said patient walked into the hospital." Anastasia thought calmly and serious to herself as she handed another nurse the files with instructions to update the charts with the patients' progress. After doing this, Anastasia quickly rushed over and began following Nurse Jaeger. Along the way, Anastasia began asking questions pertaining to the patient and his/her current condition.

"Do you have any information or medical history on the patient in question?" Anastasia asked calmly as Nurse Jaeger led her out of the Recovery Ward and towards the Examination Rooms. Nurse Jaeger began explaining everything as they approached Examination Room #777.

"Currently, we have a male patient who look like he was in his early twenties. I couldn't get any medical history from him. However, he walked into the hospital with some rather serious arrows wounds." Nurse Jaeger explained calmly. Anastasia listened carefully to the information that Nurse Jaeger. was providing her. According to her, the patient had a total of six arrows wounds; two to the left shoulder, one in each of his thighs, and two in the chest.

"By the Blessing of Asclepius, it is a miracle that he managed to walk into the hospital with those kind of injuries." Anastasia thought quietly to herself as she entered the Examination Room. As she entered, she saw a young man sitting in the chair waiting for her. He had 6 arrows stuck into him in the places Nurse Jeager mentioned.

"Good Morning, Sir. My name is Dr. Anastasia Ilinichina Alexandrova. I am the doctor that will be treating you today." Anastasia greeted in a professional tone.

Bruz Chopper

Bruz Chopper
"Good morning doctor, I am Bruz, im just here to pick up some medicine for one of my family members. Do you have any that looks and tastes like candy, she won't take it unless it looks and tastes like candy. Oh ya the arrows, forgot about them." He looks down at the arrows in his legs and shoulder."You can remove them but i dout you know how im standing here, its is a common question i am asked. Well to start off i have no medical records because i was a slave forced to fight in a pit for most of my life, my body no longer is bother with pain and the only people i used to called friend i killed while in the slave fighting pit. Oh im also a faunus." Bruz has done this song and dance so many times he doesn't really need any indications of anything to start talking in this fashion.

Anastasia I. Alexandrova

Anastasia I. Alexandrova
"Hello, Mr. Bruz. The hospital does have access to that kind of medicine. We can take care of that issue later on. However, there is a much more serious issue that we need to deal with." Anastasia replied in a very calm yet serious tone as she directed Bruz's attention to the two arrows that were embedded in his chest. From their placement, Anastasia could tell that both arrows were dangerously close to his heart and lungs. The other arrows weren't as dangerous to Bruz's health as they were embedded in his shoulder and his thighs. These arrows can be removed without any lasting damage to his body.

"As you know, Mr. Bruz. You have six arrows embedded in you right now. Four of the arrows are not of major concern due to the fact that they are embedded in your left shoulder and your thighs. However, the major concern I have are the two arrows that are embedded in your chest. They are very close to your heart and lungs. In this case, it would be inappropriate to pull them out now. I suggest that you go into surgery to have those arrows removed." Anastasia explained in a very calm yet professional fashion. After years of training and experience in the Medical Field, Anastasia was extremely used to situations like this.

Bruz Chopper

Bruz Chopper
"Ok doctor, i would agree with you but right now im not wanting to do that, my family will worry and i rather pull them out like a normally do. I mean both are stuck in my rib bone thing, and not like this is the first for me." Bruz, like a mad man, pulls out one of the arrows from his rib."See nothing to it." Since it was a small arrow and wasn't fatal the wound healed up fast, he tried the other one but it was in there good and would not budge."Um doc i think i need help with this one, it is in there good." While saying that he removed the other arrows, they didn't heal as fast as the other wounds. The arrows were tipped with the means of killing someone but that would of killed someone with soft skin, Bruz's skin was the same hardness as snake scales and act like them as well, some scaled could be seen but not all the time

Anastasia I. Alexandrova

Anastasia I. Alexandrova
"Interesting. Bruz processes a healing factor of some sort. However, it looks like he is having trouble with the last arrow. I got a bad feeling about this." Anastasia thought quietly to herself before motioning to Nurse Jaeger who was standing by outside the door. The fact that Bruz has managed to remove most of the arrows was somewhat reassuring. However, Anastasia's training had taught her that she shouldn't let her guard down just because the patient seems fine. Despite of the fact that Bruz looked fine, he might still be in extreme danger.

"Excuse me, Mr Bruz. I have some concerns about the location of the last arrow. However, we need to have an X-Ray done before we can proceed with any plan of action. I kindly ask you for you permission to perform an X-Ray." Anastasia requested calmly and professionally. As a doctor, she couldn't proceed with anything without permission from the patient himself. As she was waiting for Bruz's reply, Anastasia began wondering "How in the world did he walk around in that kind of condition?".

Bruz Chopper

Bruz Chopper
"I just walked, my body doesn't feel pain anymore. Since i was a slave pit fighter my body just started to ignore the pain and now i no longer feel it, that and i became more durable then most people now. And for the X-ray part i only have one question, will it cost me because i'm just here for medicine not for me, trying to stay out of the 'what happen' questions area. I mean fighting in a pit for most of your life is better then having people worry about you cause they then get into your personal things, snoop around and then confront you with the problem when you have everything under control and just want to keep that way." As he finished he waited for the doctor to say something about the X-ray so he doesn't need to have his family worry about him.

Anastasia I. Alexandrova

Anastasia I. Alexandrova
"Why do I always get the patients who cares about everyone else but themselves?" Anastasia thought calmly to herself as she listened to Bruz's reply. Bruz's reply began with "I just walked, my body doesn't feel pain anymore. Since I was a slave pit fighter, my body just started to ignore the pain and now I no longer feel it, that and I became more durable then most people now. And for the X-ray part i only have one question, will it cost me because I'm just here for medicine not for me." Anastasia kept a rather calm and cool demeanor as she listened to Bruz speak. Bruz continued speaking after this.

Bruz continued on by adding "I mean fighting in a pit for most of your life is better then having people worry about you cause they then get into your personal things, snoop around and then confront you with the problem when you have everything under control and just want to keep that way." At this point, Anastasia was starting to lose her calm and cool demeanor and was about to blow a fuse. Luckily, her professionalism set hold and she managed to calm herself down.

"Bruz is one of the most stubborn patients that I ever met in my career. In addition to this, he thinks that not feeling any pain is a good thing." Anastasia thought irritably to herself as she answered Bruz's question about the X-Ray.

"Well, Mr. Bruz. The X-Ray is usually covered by health insurance or by Syne Academy in cases involving one of their students." Anastasia explained calmly and professionally. All health insurance plans provided by Island of Bellmuse covered everything including X-Rays and other screening tests. In addition to this, a person can receive free X-Rays and screening test by being part of Syne Academy. This was part of a special agreement between the Caduceus Trauma Center and Syne Academy.

Bruz Chopper

Bruz Chopper
"Sure why not, as long as we keep my family in the dark of this meeting, trying to keep everyone from not worrying about me." Bruz removed the clothes on his chest showing that his body was riddle with battle scars and a tattoo saying,'Made to Kill, Born to fight.' The tattoo was added on only a month after being rescued and brought to Bellmuse. "Ya sorry for this body, would looked a lot better but i don't know how to remove scars but even if i knew how to i wouldn't remove them cause they are a reminder of my hardships in life and they are a memento for each person i fought. But i wouldn't expect a medic to understand, warrior and medic normally have different codes of honor and those's honors normally clash with one another but i have been wrong before." He then waited for the X-rays to come back.

Anastasia I. Alexandrova

Anastasia I. Alexandrova
"There is no need to worry, Mr. Bruz. Everything that you and I talk about in this room remains strictly confidential. The only person who has the power to decide who hears this information is you." Anastasia replied in a professional tone. As part of her profession, Anastasia had been trained to uphold Patient Confidentiality. Patient Confidentiality barred her from releasing any medical information to any third party without the patient's permission.

A few moments later, Bruz finally agreed to the X-Ray. After gaining Bruz's approval, Anastasia told Nurse Jaeger to take Bruz to the X-Ray Suite. Nurse Jaeger quickly came in and took Bruz to the X-Ray Suite where the team took a full torso X-ray. After about 30 minutes, Nurse Jaeger and Bruz returned to the Examination Room. As Bruz sat back down to wait for the X-Rays, Anastasia saw all the battle scars that riddled his body.

"Bruz has scars covering almost his entire body. What in the world are the people he works for making him do?" Anastasia thought seriously to herself after looking at the battle-scarred body of Bruz. After about an hour, a male nurse from the X-Ray team arrived with the X-Rays.

"Dr. Alexandrova, Here are the X-Rays that you requested." A male nurse reported as he walked in with a large brown envelope which contained the X-Rays. After the male nurse had left, Anastasia opened the envelope and took out all the X-Rays. The X-Rays confirmed her worst fears. That last arrow was lodged dangerously close to Bruz's heart and lungs.

Bruz Chopper

Bruz Chopper
Bruz tried pulling the arrow out, got it half way out but one of the nurses stopped him and he said,"Does it look like im someone with no aura, no so let me pull it out and get the meds i ask for, should be home by now." He fully pulls out the arrow and about a cup of blood splashed out, the wound held and Bruz staggered a little."Woe that was a little dangerous, note to self, remove arrows before going to the hospital also bring back some food for self, maybe a donut or two. Anyway, how much is the medicine going to cost, i got paid today in cash so i will be good on payment today." Bruz actual got a bonus for fighting two opponents that night, the stalker was only a 50,000 lien match while the other opponent was 25,000 lien. Best pay he has ever gotten and he doesn't even know if that is a lot or little, either way the matches payed well.

Anastasia I. Alexandrova

Anastasia I. Alexandrova
"I am not sure if Bruz is either stupid or insane. I am leaning towards both." Anastasia as she watched Bruz pull the last arrow out of his chest. Soon after a gush pf blood shot out staining the wall behind Anastasia. Luckily for her, she was standing off to the side, so she didn't hit by the blood spray. After pulling out the arrow, Bruz staggered a little. After this, he asked how much the medicine is going to cost. He then added that he had been paid well today.

"Sorry, Mr. Bruz. I strongly advise against walking around with an open wound like that. At least, allow me to suture that wound for you." Anastasia replied in a calm and professional tone of voice. Bruz's attitude was starting to get on her nerves but she managed to keep her cool. Bruz was by far one of the most stubborn patients she ever had to deal with in her entire career as a doctor.

Bruz Chopper

Bruz Chopper
"Fine, i will let you patch me up then im leaving here with that medicine so please be quick with it." He doesn't like it when he has to wait because it reminds him of his slave days, each day he would have to wait and wait and wait for days or weeks for the next fight, they feed him only once every 3 day, it was a nightmare and he doesn't like it when he has to wait for something. Bruz tried to think of something but could not at the time since he didn't really have anything look think about, then he just started looking at the arrow, strange enough it did have a white fang symbol on it which was strange since his story that he told the people had a white fang member in it. His opponent didn't even like the white fang and he to was a faunus but a eagle faunus, he was also a strange person that liked shooting people with plunger darts.

Anastasia I. Alexandrova

Anastasia I. Alexandrova
"Nurse Jaeger. Bring me the Field Suture Kit and some Antibiotic Gel." Anastasia instructed calmly to Nurse Jaeger. Nurse Jaeger quickly acknowledged the order before heading to the Supply Room which was located nearby to retrieve the supplies that Anastasia requested. After she had left, Anastasia took out a pair of surgical gloves from a sterilized box located to her left. She then quickly put them on before examining the wound that Bruz had on his chest. The wound was currently about 8 inches long. The act of Bruz pulling out the arrow has opened up the wound a bit.

"The wound doesn't look too bad. It had stop bleeding. That is a good sign." Anastasia thought to herself as Nurse Jaeger arrived with the Field Suture Kit and the Antibiotic Gel. As soon as she got the tools in her hands, Anastasia began suturing Bruz's wound. Before starting to suture the wound, she sprayed the area with some Antibiotic Gel. Once this was done, she began suturing the wound. After a few minutes of suturing the wound was completely sutured. After she had completed suturing the wound, Anastasia sprayed the area once more with Antibiotic Gel which stopped any chance of bleeding. After this was done, Anastasia let out a very calm smile before speaking.

"Well, Mr. Bruz. Your wounds has been completely sutured. You are now free to go. Nurse Jaeger will accompany you to the Pharmacy to handle your medication request. All you need to do is to show them the prescription and you will be set to go." Anastasia explained calmly as she placed the Suturing Needle into a Biohazard container. After this was gone, she took off her surgical gloves and threw them into a trash can which had a Biohazard symbol on it.

Bruz Chopper

Bruz Chopper
Bruz nod and went to the nurse, the nurse then pointed to the place Bruz needed to go and headed that way. When he got there the man asked for the paper to get the meds, Burz supplied it and the man asked,"Sir i just have one question, this medicine is for a faunus but it doesn't say what kind, i need the type or your family member will get more ill then when she started." Bruz then said,"She is a reptile faunus, milk snake breed, will that do sir?" The man replied,"Yes thank you, that helps a lot." Once Bruz got the meds, he then went and found the doctor that patched him up and thanked her. He then went home to give chibi her medicine.

(exit)

Anastasia I. Alexandrova

Anastasia I. Alexandrova
"That situation turned out a lot better than I expected. I was expecting for him to not listen to reason for a bit there." Anastasia thought quietly to herself as she exited the Examination Room. After leaving the room, she placed a red signal beacon on the status monitor which was located next to the door of the Examination Room. This told the Clean-Up/Decontamination Crew that there was blood/bodily fluid contamination that need to be dealt with. A few minutes later, Anastasia saw Bruz return from the Pharmacy with his medication. He thanked her for patching up his wound. Anastasia replied with a smile as Bruz left the hospital.

"It is time for me to return to continue my rounds." Anastasia thought calmly to herself as she left the Examination Ward and headed towards the Recovery Ward. Once she got there, Anastasia planned to speak to each and every one of her surgical patients to see how they are doing. Bruz's visit had been quite an interesting detour. However, Anastasia was determined to finish her daily rounds.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum