You are not connected. Please login or register

Third door on the right: Mr Winterstone's room (open)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
Revan was relaxing at his desk with a cup of tea as he waited for the first batch of students for the day to arrive. He had finished the lesson plan and was hoping to have plenty of new students from the airship that docked in earlier that day. Revan placed his left hand on his sword, named lightning insanity, and thought back to the carnage that it caused. Revan began to chuckle as he mumbled under his breath "Not quite the average teaching resume."

Revan poured himself another cup of tea just after finishing the first. In His hand he held a wooden mug filled with a black tea with milk, A special blend mixed by Revan himself. Revan was enjoying the quiet between classes and wouldn't complain if the next one didn't start, but someone had to teach the kids at Syne.

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Oliver peeked his head through the crack in the door. Looking about the Lecture hall taking the sights in slightly. He looked from the large boards behind the desk to the man sitting in the desk. He took in the man’s appearance slightly. ‘Judging from his appearance he must be the Professor. Mmmm. Doesn't seem to be too bad. Wonder what’s in that mug of his…’ Oliver pauses in thought as he opens the door slightly and slips in. Malevolent Wyvern on his back. Pencils in various pockets on his jacket. Most of the pencils were secure in place. Others were almost falling out of his pockets. He also had a strangely large pocket with a notebook in it. Also a slight clinking noise could be heard whenever Oliver moved. As he always kept spare dust capsules for his weapon on hand. "Hi?" Oliver waves, a nervous smile on his face. "I'm Oliver Balcross. Pleased to meet you. I think?"

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"Hello there Oliver, I'm Mr Winterstone as you may have been able to tell from the sign on my door." Revan said "I assume you're not here for my lecture as they is still awhile off" Revan moved his thoughts from his past to the person in front of him as he took a sip of his tea. He was curious as to whether this student was coming to his room because of curiosity or something specific causing him to ask. "So what brings you to my room today"

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
"Uuh. I thought I should explore Syne as I am attending this academy. So. Better explore and get used to the place before classes start right?" Oliver rubs the back of his head. Extending one of his clawed hands out to the side. “I mean. It is a good strategy right?" 'Hope I didn't come across as too blunt... Hehehe.' Oliver smiles. Clearly thinking things in his head. Closing and opening his hand occasionally Oliver started to take in the Professor’s appearance a little more. Black hair, Weird headband and a decently deadly looking sword at his side. 'That thing looks like the weapon of a Hunter… Best not anger him and force him to use that thing on me… Heheh' Oliver sighed. Looking a little worried for a fraction of a second but that worry dissipated as fast as it came. Oliver looked around the room and settled his gaze back down on the Professor.

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"I see, I myself have only recently arrived as a teacher at this academy" Revan replied as he stood up. As soon as he did he took another sip of tea and at the same time disappeared in a flash of blood red aura. "That's quite an interesting weapon you wield, must have good chopping power." Revan's voice said from behind Oliver.

Info:
1 teleport - 10 aura

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Oliver looks over his shoulder slightly surprised. "Oh uh. Yeah. It's more of sawing power but. It does what It needs to do right." Oliver smiles slightly as he unhooks the exotic weapon on his back, the blade slowly spinning as his hand comes in contact with the wrapping on the handle "Pressure activated. So when it's on my back it doesn't saw ME in half."Oliver stresses this point by gaining a proper grip on one of the wrapped areas around the handle, the blade revving up and starts spinning VERY fast. One could even say at this point it was spinning fast enough that in time It could saw through the armor of a Boarbatusk. Oliver released his grip on the weapon and put it back on his back, the blade spinning slightly afterwards then stopping after two or three revolutions of the blade.

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
Revan chuckled "Yeah I don't think cutting yourself in half with our own weapon is the best prospect" Revan took another sip of his tea and began walking back to his desk "One of the more unique weapon designs I've seen in my time. How might I ask did you come to acquire it?" Revan asked as he adjusted one of his gauntlets with his right hand, holding his tea with the other. Revan was rather hoping his own weapon wouldn't come into play in the conversation, due to it's history.

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
"How did I come to acquire it..? Oh yeah me and my dad made it together before he went to Atlas for a business venture. See he's a hunter so he taught me most of the things I need to know about being a hunter. Aura, Weapons, Semblance and all that. So when he heard that I wanted to attend a combat school he helped me design Malevolent Wyvern. It's a pretty cool weapon." He looks at the weapon on his back. "My dad uses something like it. Although his weapon is a sword with a bladed, rotating chain for a blade. Kinda like a chainsaw sword. It also has dust compatibility with it. It's really cool." Oliver smiles. A slightly mesmerized look in his eyes. Oliver shook his head slightly. Grounding himself back in reality. "He used the dust compatibility with Malevolent Wyvern but. I limit myself to fire dust because. Well. Flaming saw axes are awesome."

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"Interesting seems like a capable weapon" Revan sat back down at his desk and set his mug down. Revan pondered the idea of a flaming saw axe for a second. "I bet that could do some good damage to the grimm, have you ever actually encountered them? Have you ever truly been backed into a corner with no way out but to fight, the odds against you?" Revan asked with a smile on his face.

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
"Eh. Once... On the way to the school grounds I found some Beowolf sitting in the corner near some trees. Hadn't really dealt with a Grimm a lot before so... It was kinda hard. I also fought an Ursa Major once before. If that counts for anything..." Oliver smiles slightly. Rubbing his head nervously. Clearly not trying to sound too boastful in his words. Oliver smiled slightly harkening back to the time of his struggle with the Ursa Major. He had been concealing one story past retaining to Grimm but he didn’t dare say It at this point in time. It was an unimportant event that had left Oliver with an unfortunate reminder of that day. Rubbing just above his wrist on his left arm slightly he shakes the thought from his head. Replacing a former look of remembrance with his beaming smile. A confident look returning to his face.

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"Not quite what I meant, but even a couple weak grimm can be a big problem" Revan replied with a dark look in his eyes, but a smile on his face. He doubted if anyone had experiences like him at this school, but he couldn't be sure. "Either way the fact that you're even here shows you know how to use that weapon so I have no point in asking" Revan continued

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
"It's fine. I understand what you mean. But to be honest. I just find that the White Fang are just as troublesome as the Grimm these days. I mean sure. They're just a bunch of misguided Faunus who don't agree with the human oppression we’re forced to deal with. But I personally like to think that they're taking it the wrong way. To be honest what I think they should do what the Old White Fang did. With a more diplomatic approach to things you know?” Oliver scratches the back of his head. his other hand behind his back as he sports a nervous smile. “Heck maybe we could even come to some sort of compromise.” Oliver throws his hands to the side for exaggeration. “Although. All of it’s just youthful optimism. I mean what’s a terrorist organization to listen to one 16 year old Faunus Hunter in Training.” Oliver sighed slightly. “But I digress.”

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"Perhaps there is a better way of handling things but some of the faunus have experienced horrible things. Things they don't think can be fixed without violence" Revan replied before taking yet another sip of his drink. "Maybe they have it right. If pain and bitter truth are what is needed to reshape the world, then so be it. Though at this time I don't think that is what is needed, and will most definitely make things worse."

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
"Yeah. I mean it has been only making things worse. I mean they're robbing the Schnee Corporation. That's never good." Oliver throws his hands to his sides. Revealing claws on the tips of each finger. "I honestly view the human oppression as the humans are jealous of what we have. I mean some of us Faunus have heightened hearing. All of us have night vision. Other Faunus have claws, horns, that sort of thing. So. I can understand why the humans would want to feel superior to us." Oliver sighs. "Yeah I'm a Faunus. Sometimes I try to mask it. But other times it's fine. I mean with constant Anti-Faunus humans around I do tend to keep my hands 'tied behind my back' if you will." Oliver smiles slightly. Flexing his fingers slightly as he rubs his left wrist. “It’s kinda annoying trying to hide your hands behind your back all the time. Your arms get kinda stiff and that's never comfortable.”

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"Yeah their methods are not the best, but think about it when the white fang was diplomatic they got very little done. I think something big has to happen for the general consensus to change" Revan debated "Though you have a point, I think that the main reason for the oppression is some humans in power are scared of what you have. Though if you ever have any trouble I can help out I know the campus well enough to teleport to just about any spot in my range."

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
"Alright thanks. That's refreshing knowledge." Oliver smiles. He looks over to the floor where he was previously standing. He walks over and picks up Malevolent Wyvern as he realized he had dropped it at one point. Opening a small hatch on the bottom of the handle. He noticed the dust capsule inside was empty. Oliver lets out an angered sigh. "Ugh. It's empty great... I'll refill it later." He closes the hatch and smiles. Setting his axe back on his back. and securing it in place in the sling that was built for it. Assured that It was in place Oliver looked back to Professor Winterstone. "So uh. What's in the mug? I-If you don't mind me asking." Oliver points a clawed finger at his mug of tea. All while rubbing the back of his head with his other hand. His gaze darting around the room checking for any more students in or entering the room. He raised an eyebrow at something that darted past his gaze but he shrugged it off as some figment of his imagination.

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"Ah yes, I am drinking a freshly brewed black tea of my own blend" Revan replied as he took another sip. His mug beginning to run low. Revan finished off his mug just before asking "Would you care for a glass? I can always brew more." Revan said as he turned his chair to the left and added some tea leaves to a pot and then poured some hot water from a container into the pot.

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
"Uh sure. I suppose I can have some." He smiles slightly looking about the lecture hall. Taking in the sights of the hall. It had a decent amount of seating spots, He also took note of the location of Professor Winterstone’s desk. "It's a nice hall you got here. Say what class DO you teach anyway?" Oliver raised an eyebrow to the Professor. “I mean I heard someone going over Grimm studies on my way here but. I didn’t bother as I didn’t have that class so. I just walked past and shrugged it off.” Oliver crosses his arms in front of his chest. Looking around the room he sighs. He notes a few banners bearing the school logo that were standard of all the Lecture Halls. But he shrugged that detail off as it wasn’t important. Oliver looked around to the boards on the wall, the papers on Professor Winterstone’s desk (Although he couldn’t read them from this distance) and lastly his eyes laid back on Professor Winterstone. His question about what he taught still clearly on Oliver's mind.

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"Well today's lecture is on semblance and aura control and it's many uses" Revan replied " You may say you know the full extent of your aura, but my lecture begs the question, how well do you actually know your abilities, and are you using them to their full extent. Though the tea will be a few minutes."

Eliara Caithe

Eliara Caithe
Appearance:

Eliara dashed through the halls. She woke up unusually late today. Syne Academy was very much still a new place for Eli. She was very uncomfortable in the strange room she fell asleep in the previous night, and thus she didn't sleep very well. "Oh man this sucks! I'm late! What am I going to say to the teacher?!"

The silver haired girl came to a sliding stop in front of the door to the lecture hall that she was supposed to be in already. She let out a couple heavy breaths, straightened herself out, and quietly opened the door to creep into the lecture hall. After a quick survey of the room Eli saw only two other people were there. She didn't really see much detail but there was a older looking man who she assumed to be the teacher, and a boy she assumed to be one of the students calmly drinking tea. Eli was confused at the scene. "Did I come to the wrong hall?"

(Admin Note: Need to get Leena to fix the spoilers XD)

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Oliver looks over his shoulder after nodding at Mr. Winterstone's explanation. "Uh. I don't know. We were just talking before class began."Oliver examines the new girl in the room by sweeping his gaze from her head to her feet then back to her head. Oliver took in what he noticed about the girl. ‘Hmmm. Long hair, Black dress with an interesting pattern to it, Stockings? Huh. Oh she’s also wearing odd shoes.’ Afterwards he returns his gaze to Mr. Winterstone "It's fine. I can wait. It’s not like it’s the end of the world If I don’t have the tea right now." He turns around. Extending a clawed hand to the girl in a rather friendly manner. "I'm Oliver, and who might you be?" Maintaining his near picture perfect smile while doing so. His happy tone radiating from his face. His hand had possessed decently sharp claws instead of fingernails which were standard of humans. Indicating that he was some kind of Faunus.

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
Revan decided to mess with the new person in the hall and as soon as she came in he teleported behind her "I don't know, did you come to the wrong hall?" Revan asked in a low voice from over the students shoulder. He then began to walk back down to his desk as he did before.

Eliara Caithe

Eliara Caithe
Eli smiled at the older boy extending his.... paw? to her. Suddenly Eli lit up like a lamp and enthusiastically grabbed the faunus boy's hand with both of hers and shook vigorously. "I'm Eliara~! Eliara..." Eli suddenly stopped. She probably shouldn't mention her last name right now. After all... news about the massacre at the Caithe household were still likely going around. Eli being the only survivor of that blood soaked night meant that a lot of suspicious glances were tossed her way. "Just call me Eli~!"

Eli's eyes settled on something interesting and she was just about to ask about it when a voice behind her made her practically jump several feet to the side and spin around. Suddenly on the defensive Eli started to reach for her left thigh as the shadows in the room started to extend unnaturally. Her expression serious. Then she noticed it was the teacher she saw a few seconds ago and let out a sigh of relief and relaxed as the room returned to it's normal brightness. Her arms returned to her sides "You scared me.."

Eli then returned to her cheerful state and put a finger to her lips as she thought for a second. "I'm supposed to be attending a lecture about semblances right now. I thought it was in this room."

(OOC: 150/160 Aura)

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
"Uhm... Hi?" He looks to Eli. Rubbing his left arm slightly. "Ow... Anyway. This is the room alright. Just uh. Nobody is here. So me and Mr. Winterstone here decided to chat for a bit.” He smiles slightly. Trying to massage his sore arm. "So uh. What just happened there?" Oliver rubs his head with his hand. Scratching his head slightly as he looked around in a confused manner. Looking to his sore arm ‘Good lord she has a firm handshake… I swear she almost ripped my arm off.’ Oliver returned his gaze to Eli a slight look of concern across his face. He turned his gaze constantly between Eli and Professor Winterstone. Debating in his mind what was going to happen next. In all honesty he thought that since students were arriving the Professor would begin his lecture. ‘I’ll wait it out. See what happens next I suppose.’

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"Oh I scared you that was kind of the point. I have to say though that was one of the best reactions yet" Revan laughed. He stepped to his desk and put some sugar in his mug. He then poured some tea in and grabberd another glass to do the same as he said "But yes that lecture was in this room" Revan said with a smirk on his face his back show to the two hiding this.

Revan the turned around and asked "The tea goes good with a bit of milk do you want some? Also how much sugar?" He then took a sip of his own glass

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum