You are not connected. Please login or register

Seeking Answers[Ask to Join]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Wed May 06, 2015 1:31 am

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Life. You're born. You maybe get an education. Get married. And then you die. The finite pressure of it all is too much to process, so you're told not to think about it. Even when one tells you to live like you're going to die tomorrow, wouldn't you really just go full speed ah paying no heed to your tomorrow. It was enough to stop a heart. In this life, more than anything, all people want is something that transcends mortality. Love that never dies. Power that never fades. Riches that will never run dry. Whatever you claim. You're simply occupying fate with the idea that it will never reach you.

That's why she had to take this road. She wasn't like the petty warriors of this age. The human body had limits. You could push them. You could perform feats worthy of awe. It doesn't matter what you do with it though, the body will always catch up with you. Dust... It didn't have limits. It was pure compound. Elements in their most finite form. Just like science... This was her key. This is how she would find immortality. This is why she wakes. Why she eats. Though no one might conceive it but herself, she was not just a student. To some this was the goal. To Yin, becoming a huntress was such a small goal. She couldn't see how people so great could aim for something so petty as this.

Standing in the dead center of the lonely combat area she inhaled deeply, using what little was left of her dust from her combat with the Grimm. Not even a use. The mysterious compound flipped her hair, and tugged at her parka with a gracious breeze. It sent tingles throughout her body, and chills crawling through every inch of her skin. Skin that she would make last forever. If she could only learn faster the secrets of the dust. Of her body, and aura. When they all worked in sync, that flawless tandem... That's the moment she would become something greater than the simple human's she shared a planet with. Getting there. No matter what foe, or comrade she had to go through... Everything was just so much walking. Time put in before her reward.

A startled jolt shot through Yin, her hand contracting to crush the glass with a shatter and crunch. "How long have you been there...?" She asked in a covered calm, pulling a bit of glass from her off hand with a sickening squelch.

2Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Wed May 06, 2015 2:28 am

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd was wandering around the school, like usual, but this time with a worried look on his face with also a notepad that was full of notes, drawings and other other scientific looking diagram. He seemed really agitated, but wasn't alone in his agitation as his coat, that would look normal to anyone in normal circumstances. At least no one was around as Lloyd didn't want anyone to see his coat in this state as it would look suspicious. He walk faster as he was heading toward the training area as he knew that about now, it was deserted.

His coat was moving frantically, like it was alive. It a sense it was. It was made of a stabilized dust compound similar to the one Grimms possess, creating a material with the ability to evolve. Lloyd was shuffling through his noted trying to know what was possibly wrong as it's the first time it's reacting like that for no apparent reason.

As he was getting closer to the training area, Lloyd heard a group of students coming his way. Panicking, he entered the first door he saw and closed it behind him. The sight that was before him froze him into place. As a girl standing in the middle of the room was seemingly incorporating Dust into her body, something Lloyd never knew was possible. He did was able to work with Dust in a new way as well, but not in THAT way. She was infusing herself directly with it, like it was nothing. Lloyd was dazed by that demonstration that he found himself walking slowly toward the girl to observe her not caring about his frantic coat as it made a sound that the girl seemed to have noticed as she broke the vial she was holding and directly talked to him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to intrude myself in. I just entered the room trying to avoid people to see... "this"..." Lloyd pointed his coat that was moving by itself on his back before looking at the girl. His curiosity made him forget his usual behavior of noble he usually has when around a girl, which never really happened before. "Can I ask you something? Were you incorporating Dust into your body? I need to know..." Lloyd's eyes were turning into a dark tone of red as he asked his question while his coat seemed to become darker. He had to get information about that girl and her methods of manipulating Dust like she does.

3Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Wed May 06, 2015 3:23 am

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yin squinted her eyes at the stranger. Dust in her body... Had she?... She had. In such a small moment of bliss, she managed it. Even if only the small amount. Even if she hadn't meant to. It had happened. A giddy smile played itself over Yin's face as she considered the moment fondly. Her head swiveled towards the stranger curiously, hardly regarding his question. Rather, her eyes brimming with curiosity and perhaps dangerous intent, played over the strange article he wore. There was a buzz of excitement in the back of her head. How fate wielded itself. So curious. To show her what she could do, and then what else was possible. Life in a coat. How else but dust? Artificial life. Lacking anatomically, and yet it bends all it's own volition. Simply more proof. Another drop of conviction.

She could really do it. She kept a grim expression for but a moment, her mind sharply aspiring to take the curious thing for study. She brought her hand to her face, massaging the bridge of her nose softly. "Ah... Forgive me. You've found me in thought." She explained, sounding ever cold and distant. Her voice somehow seemed to covered a sincere tone, as she tried to convince herself she didn't think what she just thought. Her thoughts still raced, too quickly to regard the moment. She wanted forever in her reach. To become un-dieing. The only thing standing in her way was a mortal body and-.... It was only so many elements... Just as dust. So complex, and so very simple. Like fixing a toaster, but tougher, and much more rewarding. She just needed to learn it. She just needed time. She wanted to begin now. Researching. Testing. But...

Her hand dropping, she turned a suspicious gaze to the man. He was more than a little on edge. He seemed out of place here. Almost like he was. But she wasn't about to fool herself. The man could've been here to kill everyone, and it wouldn't have mattered nearly as much as the explanation behind that coat. Gathering herself little by little, she looked back down to her bleeding hand. "Yes... I guess I did." She said with a smirk as she reminisced what had happened only a moment ago for a second time. "And your friend. You don't honestly expect that to slide by without an explanation, do you?" Her smile vanished, taking a serious, almost threatening tone.

4Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Wed May 06, 2015 5:19 am

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd looked at the girl with a curious and thoughtful gaze. Did she just infuse herself with Dust without really knowing what she was doing? Was it just a random tryout based on some speculation or a resolute thing that she had thought about and maybe even tried before. Never the less, she looked as surprised as Lloyd about her own success.

As she was seemingly lost in thoughts, Lloyd was as well as he was wondering how the the body could assimilate Dust. Sure, everything was made out of Dust, but in this form, it was just harmful to the body. And yet, she seemed okay, just bleeding from the broken vial in her hand. She didn't seemed to care though as she seemed smiling, not the kind of smile you have when you're happy, but still, she was smiling.

As she returned from her thoughtfulness, she started at Lloyd with some serious eyes and Lloyd felt rather uncomfortable with a stare like that toward him. With the tone of her voice that had also changed, he knew that she meant business. Lloyd looked at his coat when she mentioned the word "friend" when she talked about it. "That? My friend? No no, it's just a coat... well not "just" a coat but I can hardly call that thing a friend." As Lloyd seemed to deny any life to the coat, it started to move more frantically as if it was infuriated by Lloyd's comment. But he dismissed it as just an outburst of movement, like a spasm or something similar. By the look the girl gave him, Lloyd knew that she wanted to learn more about this coat of his and that with her actual seriousness he had to give her explanation. Either way, she would probably report him he she didn't get answers for that. Or at least it was the feeling he had.

Lloyd released a sigh before going through his toolbelt looking for something. "Just give me a second, I need to neutralize this thing..." He took out something that looked like a syringe and stick it in the coat and it immediately stopped moving but retain its darker shade. "Alright, now that it's dealt with, I could explain what "that" was, but first I think some introductions are needed. The name's Lloyd, Lloyd Vanheim. It's a pleasure to meet you, miss...?" He bowed as he introduced himself as he waited for the girl to do the same.

5Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Wed May 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
The coat's reaction to the man's statement did more than just spur on Yin's enthusiasm. The thing wasn't just a stupid coat either, it seemed. It had opinions, even pride. Best of all, a coat didn't die from old age. How long it kept was a simple matter of upkeep. Yin had to play with the idea that she could simply infuse her body with the dust compounds until it was more dust than human. Then she could simply replace whatever needed to be replaced, and prolong her life indefinitely. Not only that, but with an anatomy of dust, she would be a powerhouse. So much strength. Then again, it would be like draining a battery. One would have to know that kind of thing would take constant upkeep. And it would cost a fortune.

Yin looked down on the bowing man with a disinterested expression, having no intention of returning the favor. Picking the last piece of vial from her hand, she flicked it to the side with a small ping and scratch as it skid across the floor. "Pleasured. Sterling. Yin Sterling." She said spoke in dull greeting. She couldn't help her suspicions. A man comes prowling through the school like an amateur assassin, with a living coat that came from God only knows where, and then she's expected to be polite? Of course, if he was malicious, one would think he was less willing to explain. She had to assume he planned to kill her after he was done talking. If only for the sake of caution.

((Rushed out the door again. Sorry. :/ ))

6Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Wed May 06, 2015 6:29 pm

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
((No problem at all ^^))

Lloyd realized that the the newly introduced Yin was clearly more interested in his coat than in him personally, but he wasn't really thinking that it was rude of her. When there's a guy that comes from nowhere with a coat that is seemingly alive, the coat is getting all the attention.

Now that they were introduced, Lloyd was ready to answer her question about his living clothe. But if anyone would think that he would give such information for nothing, those would be fouls. Yeah sure, Lloyd was open to share the knowledge he had gather, but on this, there was a price. Knowledge for knowledge, he wanted to know what the girl was trying to achieved by inducing herself with concentrated but volatile Dust. Could she be trying to achieve what he already had? No, she is already alive... Was she trying to-

"So, Miss Sterling, you are interested in knowing more about my coat, my "friend" like you called it. I am ready to share any information I would judge worth sharing but on one condition: You need to tell me your goal, what were you trying to achieve or rather, what are you aiming to achieve? If we both agree on those terms, I am sure we could learn from one another. So, do we have a deal?" Lloyd forwarded his hand with a smirk on his face, not the kind of arrogant smirk that you would punch right away, but the one of a person intrigued by possible new knowledge, the smile of a practically madman. As he waited for an answer, his eyes were of a crimson red and his coat practically black.

7Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Mon May 11, 2015 5:56 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Naturally, Yin was more interested in the coat than the stranger. However, neither held any small amount of interest. While the why's and how's of the coat were by far the more riveting topic at hand, she would be insane not to wonder what kind of man got his hands on this sort of thing, or otherwise how he made it. The fact stood though. This coat was alive, and she needed to to know how. She would create a body that would last forever with that knowledge, and she had no regard for the cost or means. All that mattered was her path to immortality, or if she found the means, godhood.

Yin would note the change in the man's tone. It seemed he was finally starting to take in the gravity of his situation. That, or it was the coats stillness offering him a new calm. Either way, she preferred this side of him. His question, and the less than sane smile across his face following it seemed more unnerving than anything however, and moved the tone of the calmness into the meticulous silence of a madman. They were tempting. Welcoming her to say the wrong thing, like he would be ecstatic had he heard it. But she knew better. For now, she would play it safely.

There was no doubt. The two could benefit from one another, but giving a stranger knowledge was like handing him a loaded gun. What he did with it was entirely impossible to predict. So she would have to give him half of the honest answer, and ask for all of his. "I can have no objections to such a lucrative collaboration. I'm going to be the first to perfect the art of dust. But you should sympathize with my reservations, when I have to return the question. What exactly is your goal Mr. Vanheim?"

8Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Mon May 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
The first reaction of Lloyd was a small chuckle coming from the girl's answer as well as turning his head toward the wall to think. "Perfecting the Art of Dust? This is foolish... yet... totally achievable, but not alone..." did he thought to himself before looking back at Yin as she asked him a question, as well as called him "Mr." "Please, please, call me Lloyd. I hate when someone put some title in front of my family name, reminds me of my father... Sorry, random rambling... I totally understand your reaction Miss Sterling, to be honest, I wouldn't have told you everything right away either. Only a fool would do such a thing. We all need to keep our little secrets, don't you agree?" He gave her yet again a smile, but this time a little less maniacal.

Still, it was clear that Lloyd wasn't his usual self, but Dust always fascinated him even though he never was good with it which led him researching it a little before leaving for Bellmuse and Syne. He wanted to understand it better... to know how life could sprout from this mysterious matter. If life could be created from it, could it be returned...

He looked at Yin for a moment before looking at the ceiling. "My goal, Miss Sterling, in relation to Dust, is simply to understand how life emerges from it as well as knowing the binds that tie life, death, Dust and us, living being, to this world... I must say, you goal is rather vague, I mean compared to mine... Mind telling more, like what do you want to "perfect" in the great Art of Dust? Yourself perhaps?" Lloyd knew full well that it was a stretch to hypothesis on that as all he knows was that Yin wants to perfect Dust, but she did assimilate some into her body earlier. Since he had been able to seemingly create life using it, and based upon his theory that life could be returned maybe...........

OOC: Thoughts  Speeches

9Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Wed May 13, 2015 12:30 am

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yin noted the sanity returning to his expression. She wondered if he was calming down, or was simply becoming lost in thought as he considered her position in tandem with his. Her expression unbreaking of stoicism, she responded, "If I must drop formalities, I must ask you to do the same." The tone was a factual one, like she was quoting a history book, or a wise old man speaking from years of experience. Perhaps she was overconfident, but there wasn't a single challenge she had met, and not eventually overcome some way or another. And in this case, the ends always justified the means.

Yin had no perception of Lloyds actions in the moment. This was a frantic stranger, and he seemed to be an unpredictable one at that. His attitude marked him as a dust fanatic, and his coat said the same. If his fascination was even one tenth as cast as her own, she could benefit. With collaborations on her mind, she considered the girl Severa. If she could balance research with her as well, she could learn all the more, while keeping the edge over both of them. After all, the only good ally was one you could keep under your boot when push came to shove. The laws of preservation said so.

She spared a smirk for Lloyd's answer. He was not so different from herself after all, but knowing herself as well as she did, she knew that that was hardly a good thing. In fact, it made him all the more a detriment to her goal. "It's as you say. Dust is a phenomenal part of how the world works, and it's versatility is endless. But it's not just one thing I'll be perfecting. I'm going to master dust. After that, who knows. Depends on what abilities I can find, and their many uses. But surely dust can do more than destroy, don't you think?" She said, baiting at his curiosity with her subtle implications, hoping to prod a reaction out of his own intent.

10Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Wed May 13, 2015 1:47 pm

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
As Yin asked to drop the formalities altogether, Lloyd slowly nodded. "Alright then,Yin..." The tone she used was, interesting... It showed a certain control that she seemed to think she possesses. Well, it's true that she has the power to decide whether this collaboration could really work or not. Lloyd was glad that he had finally found someone that seemed ready to work with the forbidden to the extent in which, they would be in grave danger...

Lloyd wondered what kind of girl he just had met. She definitively seems like the one that would do anything to get things done for the best... for her. If they were going to work together to achieve whatever greatness they would surely do, Lloyd would need to keep an eye out for her.

As Yin smirked to him and talked about the well known fact about Dust, Lloyd smirked back. He liked the way this discussion was going. "...It is true that Dust can do much more than destroy, but people tend to only see that aspect of it. It is such a waste. The nature used and still uses Dust to create, why can't we do the same? Well, rather "why couldn't we"... Life comes and goes, why should it stick to one place and then leave? Why not stay the way it always was? If it's too late, why not going back?... And also, why not better our sorry selves..." He gave a slight gaze to his coat and then to look at his pocket-watch to seemingly look at the hour it was before returning to Yin, knowing this little talk of his might have struck her curiosity. "If your goal is to master Dust in all its uses, I am ought to learn a lot from you and hope I will be of use to you as well. I hope we can work together and help each other to achieve both our goals." Lloyd had a feeling that this collaboration would be either great, or dangerous. He had the feeling that Yin had plans, but it would probably be safer to work with her, than against her. Working together would be a great way to achieve his goal, as well as keeping a watchful on her. "Although I must admit that I have a feeling that your goal, is probably far greater than mine as mine is denying the work of man, while yours, probably the work of something far greater..."

11Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Fri May 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yin turned her eyes to meet his. Now this was something that had struck her interest. Every statement he made seemed simply to confirm he was something of a kindred soul. It was refreshing in more way than one, but more so rose a level of caution. She couldn't be certain he wasn't simply trying to tell her what she wanted to hear. The chances of that seemed extremely slim for a first meeting though. Either way, it was lucky to have found someone to further her goal by mere chance. At least she hoped it was.

"An interesting path of thought to be sure. I must admit, I find myself pondering on a similar question. However, it sparks quite dilima, don't you think? A world without change is a world without evolution. No progress. Troublesome, yes? She responded, still proding him for reactions. "But... Evolution is so terribly slow, and we won't be able to benefit from it, will we?" She continued, a mischevious smile crawling across her face. She had more than few assumptions about his goals, judging by the way he spoke. Perhaps he wanted wanted the same thing she did. Or maybe, to bring back the dead, instead of simply stopping himself from reaching its state. "While I do find myself delightfully enthralled in this all too coy exchange, perhaps its time we cut to the chase." She suggested, crossing her arms. "It's obvious we both want the secrets of dust, and its work in tandum with the cycles of life. As well that we both have a ways to go before we can properly begin that sort of talk. For now, we can exhange some idea's, yes?" She concluded, seeking to shrug off his praise.

12Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Fri May 15, 2015 10:09 pm

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd was intrigued by this young lady and her motives. The curiosity that stuck him was really pleasant, but at the same time it was enraging to not know exactly what she was trying to accomplish. In the end, Lloyd was glad to have met, not a match, but someone with similar ambition regarding Dust. But the interest he had for that girl and her knowledge was intertwined with the feeling of something more dangerous. Was it the girl herself with the vibe she was giving, or the mind that was behind...?

As Yin started to talk and pondering out loud to share her thoughts, Lloyd was carefully listening to every words, to every sound trying to catch any details that could sweep from her will to keep. He was so profoundly listening that he found himself closing his eyes to focus on her voice. He was also nodding, agreeing to the words she was saying, but not saying a word about them.

As she crossed her arms and decided to start to talk real business, Lloyd leaned against a table to answer. "I totally agree with you Yin, we should be exchanging ideas by now. But can I ask what ideas would you like us to exchange, I'm open to suggestion." Lloyd had a clear feeling that Yin wanted him to talk first as she could maybe ditched him afterward. It was rather obvious. It was either this or she was very but very careful not to reveal anything. Wait, Lloyd was doing the same... They aren't as different in the end... At least in professional security...

13Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Wed May 20, 2015 10:02 am

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yin observed the man's focus. It was such a good change of pace, speaking to someone with a modicum of intelligence, and no damaging pride defects preventing him from paying attention, and instead taking an opportunity to boost his ego. At least she knew this probably wasn't a waste of time. At least for now. "There's probably no question that I'm interested in that jacket. Probably even less of a wonder to why I am. I'm afraid I don't have much on my end for now. Fusion is a dangerous process, and I'm not nearly experienced enough just yet."

Still there was a matter of allegiances. He was a bit too shifty to be a student, though she wouldn't be surprised if he was simply one that had gotten himself into some trouble. She would have to admit that either was better than if he was simply a goody-two-shoes. It was handy to have connections outside of your "team" relations. Left a great deal of flexibility. "I don't believe I caught your occupation, Lloyd." She said in a deceptively unsuspecting tone.

14Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Wed May 20, 2015 11:04 am

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd carefully listened to Yin as she admitted her obvious fascination for his coat. It wasn't a surprise as it was quite the unusual piece of fashion. He was looking at his coat as she talked about it until she mentioned "Fusion" and her possible lack of experience. Lloyd looked at her a moment before thinking out loud. "Maybe it isn't the experience the problem, sometimes when doing fusion, a catalyst is required in order to harness a maximum of the material and help at the preservation of the result. An inhibitor could also be used in conjunction to slow down the process, but makes it safer and brings better result. In short, with the good method and equipment, everything should be better."

Lloyd wasn't sure if Yin had understood everything, but he was sure that she would remember it perfectly. But he knew that giving so much information could be bad for their "partnership" so he offered more. "I have everything back in Vale to help you, unfortunately, space is what I need, offer me a place for my equipment, and I'll be ready to help. Just don't think about double crossing me when you can get your hand on my stuff, I'm the only one able to operate it. Nothing personal I assure you, just being cautious. I hope you understand." He gave her a smile, hoping that no hard feelings were held. "As for my occupation, lets say I'm a Jack-of-all-trades..."

15Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Wed May 20, 2015 1:51 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yin tilted her head. She wasn't interested in using toys to make the use of dust easier. She really couldn't care less for whatever effects some contraption might have on her abilities. She wanted to ascend using dust. Raw and powerful and graceful. This rogue scientist wasn't likely to understand it. Still, he had a keen mind, and any progress in his field was progress in hers. Should the time come, she would test any toys her liked, or help in the creation of others.

She offered the man a grim smile. He was truly serious. If the man was telling the truth, it implied he had proper research facilities in Vale. Or at least equipment. Either way, she could have access to it. Right in town. What use would the school even be at that point. But she couldn't place it in her dorm obviously... She would need to buy a place, or find one that's abandoned... She would make this worse. "There will be no crossing here. Just remember your own advice. I'm sure there are a number people that would be more than a little aggressive in their curiosity of the likes of you, yes?" She went on, bringing a finger to her cheek in observation. "I'm afraid it might be sometime before I can find somewhere for you to put that though. How much space do you need?"

16Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Wed May 20, 2015 2:29 pm

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd nodded in agreement to the throwback of his own advice by Yin. She had a sharp mind and a clearly sharper tongue. "You are true, curiosity can lead to many paths, but so few are without risk. It all depends about who we are curious about I always think." As for the place his whole installation would take, he had no clue. It all depended on what component he would ask to bring here. The whole thing could easily take over the whole class they were in right now. But that was only if he was to request everything, some of it wasn't needed. It would depend on the result she would want to get from it. "The size of my machines differs from one another, but the whole set whole clearly take this room. But you wouldn't need them all, I'm sure..."

Lloyd took a moment to think about the girl. She didn't really looked like the one who would throw herself into some probable experiment with strange machines from a equally strange young man, looking like he misses a few bolts. He had the feeling she would be cautious about him. He had to gain her trust somehow. A lightbulb could have been seen lighting up over his head. "I have an idea, I'll request my simplest machine first and show you how I work, I could create you a piece of clothing similar to my coat, for example, or do other tests on myself to show you the safety of my work. Then, if you're interested, I'll request the other machines and we could start really working on the real goal at end." He spoke with a serious tone, trying to convince the girl that his machines would help both of them in their goals and that they were safe enough to even put his own life at stake, if it was really in danger, which was not.

17Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yin drank in the information of his equipment, already devising a solution to their space issue. More than space there was setting. She didn't know what kind of information this man had, what he was really using it for, or how far he went to get these results, but she was certain that she wanted no tangible connections with him. That meant that she couldn't have giant pieces of menacing mad science tech littering her dorm. He made a poor assumption in saying that she wouldn't need them all, however. She would want every scrap advantage she could get. Bringing in too much at once would clearly telegraph their presence though.

"Simple..." Yin remarked to herself. She had expected something like that to be a crowning achievement, or at least a milestone. Something seen as the first step towards the man's goal, whatever it was. To hear it called itself certainly changed perspectives. Just what sort of research was this man into? How far was he? Yin played with the idea that this was out of her league. Now it seemed like the man was a far more serious threat, and asset all together. He probably had more than one partner. Maybe he was looking for an outside collaboration. Something offset from whatever web of intrigue it was that he was involved in. Surely he didn't accomplish so much on his own. She wanted desperately to ask the question. "Just who are you, Lloyd?" But more so, she wanted to leap instead. Free from the weight of morality involving whatever made him hide that thing he wore. She would much rather pursue this goal from a neutral stand-point.

"Alright, Lloyd. You've won me over. I would love a chance to see that machine of yours at work. The other's as well. I like to think we can offer each other a lot. But first, I can't simply hide such a thing in my dorm. I can't provide space for you as a student. Too many eyes are on me. Secondly... Why me? A month old student, out of all the outstanding options."

18Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:01 pm

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
As Yin finally accepted his offer for a partnership, Lloyd was surprised at first and then really glad. Sure it was what he wanted, but he never thought she would actually agree even if she had shown interest in his work at some point. By looking at her, he didn't thought of Yin as the "team worker" type, she seemed more, reserved... Hiding herself from others, being mysterious, cautious... And yet, she accepted to work with him, a perfect stranger, than didn't look all sane right now. The fact that a girl like her would do that, meant that her goal was probably really overwhelming and time consuming. She probably wanted to get the best result the faster she could. It was really, really interesting...

As Yin mentioned the space they would probably be the biggest problem right now, Lloyd thought a little, trying to think if there was any building that were loaning space, or if there was any abandoned buildings around the school or the town. "It's true that a simple dorm won't do. Seems like space is our first problem. If only there was like an abandoned warehouse, it would be perfect..." As she then asked why did he choose to work with her rather than anyone else, he smiled at her. "Dear Yin, why wouldn't I choose you of all people? You have aspirations, and big ones. I like that spirit of yours, the vibe you give. Plus, what other outstanding options? You're the only one I met so far with such a will to get further than anything. All the others want to become Huntsmen or Huntresses, or follow the path of vengeance or something. Those are all boring. You, on the other and, you are very interesting." He then slowly walked toward her and forwarded his hand for a handshake."Now that we dealt with that, are we partners? I promise you won't regret it, and I have a feeling I won't either..."

19Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:48 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
"Indeed we are." She let out in her flat tones, extending her hand to take his in a polite shake. She wasn't sure yet what consequences for this partnership was, but her gut continued to assure her that the benefits would be well worth the risk. After all, this man had money. Or at least on odd and unique repertoire of gadgets and goodies at his disposal. Likely some knowledge under his belt if he was looking for a partner on any personal level. That also meant he probably had enemies to hide from. She would need to stay on the lookout, and when the time came, check her loyalties. For now, she was looking forward to what the man had to offer.

She couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking. This man could very well be recruiting a test subject. After all, dust needs someone with a powerful will, and while she wasn't one to brag, that was right up her alley. After all, you don't simply become someone's partner because they're interesting. For all she knew, this was all set up.

20Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:07 pm

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd smiled during the handshake. It was a victory, he had made himself an ally, someone to work with, someone that would be less likely to judge him in his experiments. Sure he always had worked alone, but it would be a refreshing change of pace. He was also glad that it was someone like Yin, someone ambitious, really ambitious...

He looked at her before looking into his pocket, taking out his watch to look at the time. "Oh my, look at the time, I should get going, I had to meet a teacher before going for my dorm. We will need to talk again later, that for sure. We will have a lot to set up." He then took deep breath and slowly, his coat was going back to it's original brightness. When it did, he started to walk toward the door before stopping midway to look back towards her. "It has been a gratifying and really pleasant meeting Yin. I hope our partnership will bring each other the help we both need to achieve both our goals. Let's show the world the full extent of what we can do..." He continued his way toward the door, opened it before stopping once again to look at her just over his shoulder with a grin, only to say: "...we never met..." He then left toward the left empty hallway.

-EXIT-

21Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Empty Re: Seeking Answers[Ask to Join] Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:24 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
There was really nothing more for her to say. She never really bought into petty pep talks like the one she had just received, but seeing that that was the kind of spirit this man had was reassuring. He was sure to get her results, even if it did turn out to be for herself. Could she really say that she wasn't doing the same, anyways? "I look forward to our next meeting." She stated flatly, before making her way out of the place. This was far more lucrative than the sparring.

-exit-

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum