When it Fails...  796b3bd4e77171cb57231946af8af5ce

Basic info
Name: Yu Leigenma
Birthday: 5/18
Race: Owl Faunus
Height: 5'11
Weight: 134
Face Claim: Half breed  
Qoute: "Let each thought in the mind, germinate like a seed in a forest, but allow each one to develop without another corrupting the first, soon you'll inhabit a forest of mental tranquility. The forest can house all types of ideal's and moirals. Don't burn it away."

Stats
STR: 2
DEF: 3
RES: 3
SPT: 4
Aura 230|70 HP

Personality

Group: Current: (Extremist) Combat

Former: (first) Tech, (then) Dust,

Dislikes: Grimm, Haughty Comrades/criminals, Failure.

Fears: Fighting along side incapable comrades, Being out done/Show-Off's, Me getting out of control.

Overall Personality: Yu can be unexpected and dangerous, especially around strangers, but also very valuable and impressive around those who really know and love you. Yu can become bold, fearless and fierce when triggered, yet calm and peaceful when he's feeling at ease. What others don't know is that Yu's actually pretty vulnerable underneath that tough exterior. Yu is often called out for his "nonchalant" manner of how he deals with things hearing him say "Sorry but . . . I'm what you call a philosophically cynical bastard, so . .  why should I care? . .", and he constantly makes smart-ass comments and sarcastic remarks frequently to read people based on their reactions. Yu has trust issues that he uses to lash out on people. However, Yu is pretty straight forward and generous to those he trusts, he is obedient but also defiant at times and rarely outgoing. Yu can also be very “One-liners” in the fact he will verbally shut people down and out with quick wit if he feels the need to. Yu also can be the most heartless being you ever met if he feels his comrades are threatened of his friends are too, as well as the family that took him in. Yu will never rush into anything but when he does he always has plans and tricks up his sleeve even when it looks as if he’s going to die.

Parents: Orphan, but was the son of an elite warrior class, in the rebellion Fuanus Era. Mikune-Fuu Nexucellion and Ro’gan Leigenma

Siblings:

Resi Leigenma (Deceased, age: 12. F)
Macidon Leigenma (Missing, age: 15. M)
Alistar Leigenma (Deceased, age: 15. M)
Rha'Szahr Leigenma (Missing, age: 19. F)

Abilities
Aura type: Spirit  "Phantasm" (Like a lesser nine-tails body flicker/miniature body-fitted perfect susano'o)
Aura Color: A shimmering Silver
Semblance: psiPolarity  "Omni-magnetism" - (W/Kinetic Force through natural kinetic Polarizing. Where scientifically speaking, all objects have a current running through them, this current can be magnetized in any means, and once it has been, any magnet can impose its with both directly and indirectly but this isn't real life so tough luck for Yu. However, with that being said even in the universe of RWBY, not everything can be moved as easily as any science says, objects of great size, different or even foreign composition(s), and even those wielding manifested aura prove to be obstacles. More obstacles are, the four elements, few people and animals that aren't wearing any alloy of different types metal objects, almost non-metallic buildings (so pure stone castles are a no). If not all or some of these feats are proven impossible, it is  absolutely impractical.) Yu is a prodigy for his ability for influenced movement over objects, not limited to just metallic alloys.

Item 1: Guillotine - Shogunate *1492 Samurai Katana Dispersed Armor plates; A single Samurai blade, and a wide blade (about a half inch smaller in proportions to a traditional blade), while laying flat, able to place about 1/3 of a persons palm on the blade. The Blade also has distinct markings on it which allows the rest of the blade to clamp on to the existing plates to increase in size, strength, and weight in most cases. The extra blades are the old school samurai armor seen on the user.
The blade itself is naturally made from a special metallic structure that can stick to another plate of it metal with the adhesive force of grey aura only. Once the amount of grey aura necessary to lift the plates the metal with become attracted to other plates of that metal that has also been charged by grey aura, within a reasonable proximity. This also means that, if need be, all 9,569 pieces of armor can be manipulated around the user as well as the blade itself, or for the more conservative situations, the plates can revolve around the blade only.

Guillotine /Project/: A.D.E.M;

(Aura enabled) Dust Metal Oriented;Absorption+Deflection+Emission Modification.

Guillotines frame and blade work was extensively remodeled after the fuanus rebellion. With Guillotine being his fathers blade, it had to have work done for it was terribly criticized by Yu himself. By adding extra dust to the material that it's made from (33.7% more dust material), allowing Yu's special semblance to better conduct through the blade/plates. Since Guillotine uses the channeled aura from the battery, (Yu).  Depending on how much aura, from the default level which is about 100 G's, Yu can channel more aura through the blade with and without touching it, allowing a large range of aura to flow through the blade due to the newly increased amounts of Dust infused to Guillotine. Movement (Dust) based dust attack are somewhat buffed from the Guillotine blade where Guillotine is able to match the force/momentum and steal some of that force to move and or convert it into a weapon based dust attack, which Yu is in dire need of other than speed and agility. With the infusion of an extra 33.7% increase of more dust than necessary, (133.7%) when Yu channels his blade full of semblance and clashes it with another Weapon, it exerts an aura and Guillotine will begin to glow grey and give off a thick white steamy mist. The Mist, chalky Dust, saturated with Yu's grey aura/semblance energy making it brighter than if it was just his pure aura which turns storm grey.

Purpose of Function: To decrease the amount of mental and physical tax on Yu, since he already fights as if his weapons are his limbs, these (expensive) modifications makes Yu a sharper support character in his team where he's more likely to help out the tanks of the group. Also, to gain an advantage on the range combat game.

Item 1 (continued): Kumuraikotsu Plates'; Most foes are oblivious to this method due to the armor and the blade being so old fashioned and comically historic, which is Why Yu's third greatest aspect is surprise. All the armor on Yu swirls around him and creates metallic plated wings, a few other plates clamp onto the blade "Guillotine" and about 5 excess plates swirl around the blade just in case. The Wings can project plates at high speeds at foes, or to reduce area damage, the size of the wings dramatically reduce allowing the excess plates to flutter into a swirling dome with 3 inverse rotating layers making it tricky to escape. Guillotine's special dust infused metal makes it unaffected by polarity based moves, as well as man made magnets, the only magnet Guillotine is attracted to is the gravitational effect upon the activation of Yu's Semblance, even when the semblance isn't concentrated to attract the plates (which are the same substance as the blade) and the blade itself, guillotine and the plates will gravitate around a seemingly invisible magnetic field around Yu. When the plates form around his body and blade, is called a Phantasm, the Phantasm allows the soul/spirit movement through indirect contact of Yu's semblance, using this to his advantage, like explained previously, Yu can, without need of direct touch, impose his will onto an object by releasing a controlled amount of aura in/on/around desired objects forming them a desired shape, or moving said object to a desired place. Finally the most noted ability is that the aura is to completely envelop the users body, or a desired object, and these plates manifest along with an armor of aura for battle, whether it be Defense or Offense.

- Limited to the energy needed relative to the objects density/size. -

Item 2: 5 vials of Green Dust.
Dust Combinations Primary only.
(not including secondary combo's which are RP exclusives.)

Moderately Used:
Wind -
Tornado (Walls, Rippling waves, etc)

Commonly Used:
Wind -
Gusts
Barriers
Slashes (Offensive, Defensive)
Solid-like Constructs (Weapons, people, items)
Coating Yu's wings for various elemental uses; Control wind to glide and fly, to fight/flee, tofeel for creatures nearby, control objects in the air confined to a suitable radius)

By releasing an almost skin tight aura, the heavy amounts of dust saturating the material in Yu's weapons, armor, and clothes and mixes with Yu's aura.
This allows Yu to glide from place to place using his ability, Yu can charge specific plates on different places on his body to deflect, reflect, and project amounts of dust/semblance at targets. (i.e. Inuyasha's Wind scar, Naruto's roar when he first fought Sasuke in the valley)

History and Sample

RP Sample:

Last edited by Yu Leigenma on Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:48 pm; edited 21 times in total (Reason for editing : I fucked up the first time.)

2When it Fails...  Empty Why it seems "tanky" Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:59 am

Yu Leigenma

Yu Leigenma
Most of the actual stuff that explains the rp post is omitted due to forum template rules.

3When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:14 am

Yu Leigenma

Yu Leigenma
Can I get some help?

4When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:29 am

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
Hi! I'm Leena and I'll be your mod today~!

I cannot deny that this is a very well done app. However, I did spot some issues and I would like to go over those now.

Race: pleace specify what kind of faunus.

Face Claim: The face claim is basically the source you get your character's general appearance from. So the anime/gane that the chara in your image comes from, or if its just an OC from you or someone in Deviant art or something, then just the Image link is fine.

Stats: You only get 12 stat points to spend, and by my count you have 17. Additionally, there are 50 points missing from your Aura/HP. The values in both Aura and HP must equal 300.

Fears: must have at least three.

Semblance: A kinetic semblance is fine, but it does need to be limited to a single Element/Material.

Items: alright, you get one weapon. If ont item is a weapon, the second item spot must be specifically reserved for Dust, Physical Armor, or Spirit Armor.

History: it seems to be missing.

And that is it for now. Bump when the necessary adjustments are made.

http://www.rwbyrpg.com

5When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:13 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Warning, app has one week until it's archived. Please finish and bump before then if you want it graded.

6When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:32 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Archived

7When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:26 pm

Yu Leigenma

Yu Leigenma
History is in the brackets inside the story, bc they go hand in hand I decided to but them the story as 2 co-dependent parts.

Sorry for my leave I had to return to active duty training, then I was stationed, but now I'm back. Another thing, I think I'll be using one or two combo's of dust, idk since the "dust" that I use now (from the wikia) is gravity. Which, scientifically, polarity/magnetism are byproducts of.
I have my updates ready, this post (in a sense) predates the changes taking place atm.

8When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:00 pm

Yu Leigenma

Yu Leigenma
Whats a group?

9When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:32 pm

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
Face Claim: I need a character name, please

Semblance: it does have to be limited to one substance/material.

Item 2: so... 5 vials wind then?

10When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:37 pm

Yu Leigenma

Yu Leigenma
Faceclaim, I don't know the character name, there is a "manga" on divantart a while back and I just saved the pictures.

Is there a problem with the semblance bc I'm having a difficulty understanding if it is or not.

Dust? No, I thought there was just a vial and we use it accordingly. If not, yes, five I guess.

11When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:48 pm

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
FC) is there a character name mentioned at all in said manga?

Semblance) "Yu is a prodigy for his ability for influenced movement over objects, not limited to metallic alloys"
if you are going this route, It WOULD have to be limited to metal, or any ONE other type of object, Such as only being able to move plants or non-metallic rock.

Dust) You get 5 posts worth of dust for free, but have to refill as needed is how it works. I really just wanted to be clear that you wanted 5x Wind is why I asked.

12When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:33 am

Yu Leigenma

Yu Leigenma
No.
Do you want me to put that?
umm huh? I mean, I guess I gotcha... I believe so.

13When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:42 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
Sorry for the wait!

FC) Then put a link to the image please

Semblance) Yes, please update it to follow Semblance guidelines.

Dust) Please update it so that it is 5 posts worth of dust. 13 is too much.

14When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:18 pm

Yu Leigenma

Yu Leigenma
but I don't remember the name of the place I was like a freshman in HS.

15When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:21 pm

Yu Leigenma

Yu Leigenma
Updates made. Except the faceclaim, thats kinda impossible.

16When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:21 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
If you were able to put the image on the form, you are able to provide an image link. Its litteraly whever you have in the IMG code.

17When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:43 pm

Yu Leigenma

Yu Leigenma
Hey.. yeah ik, it's been a long time, a lot has changed, and even though returning to this place isn't the same as what I fell in love with, it's the journey that counts right?
Anyways.. I kinda need this approved or rejected.

I'll update his personality later, as he changed, so have I.

I'd like to keep the old group in parentheses bc of nostalgia purposes.

18When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Yu Leigenma

Yu Leigenma
I also have a problem, certain levels of polarity are mere electrical forces that interact with materials on an anatomical level, for all states of matter. So I feel as though that Yu should be able, with enough description, bend certain solids and liquids to slight degrees from sheer polarized forces. I mean indirectly, for sake of clarity. As a former science major, polarity to not have affects on solids liquids and gasses makes my head hurt b/c its certain that electrical forces of a polarized by-production effect causes most states of matter to exist. That was confusing, I know, I hate explaining things b/c I suck at doing it idk why I'm a teacher lol . Forgive my shitty explanations. I'm not looking to become an alchemist here, I just want to be able to have polarized waves affect material, except most alloys that naturally have annoyingly neutral states.

19When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:56 am

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Alright, I'll be picking it up from here...

So again, a link to at least the image you have right now would be great if you can't give the name of the FC.

I'm not sure of which group you wanna be in... please just write one...

I understand the logic of your point about your Semblance, but we have to limit it to ONE element/material for balance purposes. So please adjust it.

Next I see about your History and RP sample, they aren't the same thing. History is a tale of your character's past, which you did just fine, while the RP sample is to give us an idea of your posting capabilities. Although I can see your talent, you need to separate them into two different spoilers.

Please begin with those changes

20When it Fails...  Empty Re: When it Fails... Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:38 am

Akui

Akui
Hello there Yu Leigenma! We see that it's been awhile since you made changes to your application, so the Staff is giving you a seven day notice: should you not make any changes to this app within seven days from this post, it will be moved to the Inactive Apps section.

Sorry for any inconvenience! ^_^

http://www.discordapp.com/#5424

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum