You are not connected. Please login or register

RP Drive Has Returned!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RP Drive Has Returned! Empty RP Drive Has Returned! Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:44 am

Xavier

Xavier
And what better way than to come back here and join Ye Old RWBY RP Site! The only way it could be better would be with a Naruto site because I'm a stupid nostalgic fanboy and my creativity goes through the roof in regard to the possibilities of that universe...but I now plan on doing that here!

The Avatar of Hype has returned, and I was so ready to take my old inactive app and spruce it up...until I poked around a little and noticed a few things.

Bad News is that my original semblance idea of lifesteal, which was then instructed to be changed into Aura Steal, has been banned in both forms. This kinda negates my original idea of having a savage, antisocial vampire-bat Faunas...so I'm debating on just scrapping that and trying anew with my 'Self-OC' (the character who's powers I like best that can be adjusted to any universe) or making something new, but I'll have to break through the sadness of my original character idea.

I also noticed that there were a number of other things banned as Semblances, some that I think could even show up in RWBY at some point. Took a bit out of my creative spirit, but it's also very understandable. While I feel like some of these things could be very manageable, that's not my place to say since I have nothing to do with staff.

Good News is that you guys have further developed the combat system: I was most surprised to find the Status Ailments, which sounds like a lot of fun. I also noticed that at some point, the points I made a while back about Speed and Agility have been taken to heart: apparently, they were removed entirely, and are now being brought back...with a number attached to them, which was exactly what I mentioned was wrong with it versus the other stats. I think this is recent, and so far only Speed is being brought back, but Agility should be just as simple: Instead of how many attacks you can deal per post, it should be how many you can avoid per post.

In fact...this sounds like a perfect idea: Not only does it give an actual number and meaning to Agility as a stat, but it would also prevent those god-mod, 'You're Too Slow' peeps who never get hit by anything. Rather than having to judge if they are being unfair or not, the numbers would tell all. This would also fix the last hole in what is becoming a well-knitted combat system, from what I can tell anyway.

I may still be interested in making a character with a Scythe-like weapon, so I would like to know if the cap has been met/been lifted etcetera before going too far into making a character. Also, if Speed and Agility are making a return, they have yet to be added in the Character Template/Character Example.

While I'm not familiar with anything or any skills needed to make edits to a website and other such stuff, if there is a team dedicated to coming up with refreshing ideas and putting them into action, I would love to be a part of that.

Hope to hit the creative explosion and make an awesome character or two! LET'S KICK GRIMM!

PS: If it is by any chance possible, I have a small request: I fI can somehow get my username changed so that the 'F' and the 'M' are capital, that would be awesomepossum!

2RP Drive Has Returned! Empty Re: RP Drive Has Returned! Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:07 am

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Hey, welcome back to the site ^^

As one of the staff, I appreciate your interest and concern on the changes that were made. We know that we still have some works to do and other things to rethink (we need to review rules, templates and such...) and we are doing everything we can to better the site and all its systems.

Personally, I like the idea you gave about Agility. It balances out the Speed, but it would mean that we would need to find a way to calculate it. We can't really use the same way we did with speed, as the most speedy characters would be the most agile as well, and we can't have it reverse either as it would just cancel things out in a way. But it will be discuss.

On a more personal note, we had a vampire bat faunus before... it was me, or one of my alts but I revamped it (that pun came back, dammit...) so you would be unique and since I personally liked that concept, I encourage you too do it. If you were bugged semblance wise, just think of other powers that would make sense... my guy turned into smoke... was nice the time it lasted...

Lastly, on your PS, your username will most likely be changed to the of your character by an admin when your character will be approved.

So again, welcome back and I hope to RP with you ^^

3RP Drive Has Returned! Empty Re: RP Drive Has Returned! Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:21 am

Xavier

Xavier
Thanks so much, that was a rather quick reply!

Changing to my character name would definitely make things simpler, I'll just have to remember that if/when it happens so that I don't freak out that I can't log in, XD

When I was first here, Speed and Agility were separate stats to put points into. If it was brought back as two separate stats, then not only would it balance out the new version of Speed, but it would balance itself (having both in one stat would be WAY too good).

So there have been other Vampire-Bat Faunus...well, I mean it's an awesome idea, and no idea is completely original. X) Turning into smoke definitely has uses, though it seems this character you had is no more. Sorry if it still hurts you slightly, I know how it feels. My ideas were a bit controversial at the time: I was one of the first to bring up lifesteal/aurasteal as a Semblance, and I was trying to make it balanced all while working on finishing my character among lots of real life stuff.

I also broke the lines a bit by trying to have my wings be a secondary weapon/item that was focused on utility and defense: the skin has hard on the outside, so I could protect myself a bit with them, and rather than outright flying I was going to start with brief gliding. Yeah, I kinda push limits with my ideas, but that just makes things more interesting.

It shouldn't be too hard to come up with a new Semblance that works well, is cool, and fits his character. Just needs time and creative brain juice!

How do you add friends on here? I saw you in another post and had no idea you were staff, but I saw the Haru avvy and was immediately like 'I NEED to be friends with this guy! How do I DO THIS!'

Also, my question about Scythes still stands. His weapon was pretty much a Scythe, so I need to know if I have to change that too.

4RP Drive Has Returned! Empty Re: RP Drive Has Returned! Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:56 am

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Oh my vampire was approved, I just didn't felt quite comfortable rping him, he was too... different from me, he was interesting but, meh... it's okay though, I made another character to replace him and it's way better that way ^^ (should I feel bad for overwriting an OC with another?)

The wings thing is a pretty interesting concept... although I kinda understand why it wasn't allowed... if it's supposed to be your armor kinda, and be part of your body, how do you upgrade it? and how does it makes sense on a biology level... And don't worry with having ideas that you feel that you push them, sometimes it can work just fine and be approved, just need to try ^^

Also.... having someone to be friend with me because of my FC, that's awesome XD I'll add you right away ^^

And Scythes are great, just go for it ^^

5RP Drive Has Returned! Empty Re: RP Drive Has Returned! Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Xavier

Xavier
Alright, so everything seems to be falling in place for my Vamp-Bat character, I'm super hype right now! I just hope you guys approve the wings, considering how balanced it truly is.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum