You are not connected. Please login or register

Dance against the Darkness [Hunt-Open to Three]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kei

Kei

Kei

As a way to fortify team building and combat amongst students, a group of students would be sent out into semi-dangerous Grimm territory. This training often involved a simple patrol and nothing more then that. Most of the time, Grimm would be encountered and the students wouldn't return home empty handed. This training is also not restricted to only students on the same team as the higher ups saw that sometimes, training with new people would be more beneficial than training with those that you already know.

It was early morning and the sun was bright. Kei was leaning with his back against the signpost that marked the entrance to Skylight Woods, the location in which Kei would participate in the Group Exercise. Kei was simply awaiting for others to arrive from the academy and was curious to see who else would be put into this exercise.

Kei sighed to himself. Originally, he was planning to have this day off, yet at the last minute, he was forced into participating in this exercise by the school. Sure he kinda brought it on himself by avoiding all other team building activities but that only caused him to hate this even more. Really, all Kei hoped for was that either the group would encounter fairly weak Grimm or that he would have someone strong enough to easily carry the whole group so that they wouldn't have any trouble, because honestly, Kei wanted to get this exercise over as quick as possible...

Mood: Bored
Condition: Healthy
Health: 180
Aura: 120

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
Sky grumbled to himself a little as he made his way to the entrance of the Skylight Woods. It was a bit earlier than he would have liked it to be. Still, he didn't mind that much. He looked up at the sky above him, little bits of blue flashing between the leaves. He breathed in the morning air, the residual heat turning his breath visible. He relished the way the cool air bit at his skin, waking him, refreshing him, and it was for this reason that he had his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He listened to the birds sing, and wondered who he would be teamed up with for this exercise. The school had the brilliant idea of letting the students take care of the increasing Grimm, citing teamwork as their reason. He drew in a cool breath as he arrived at the entrance. Upon seeing Kei, he would call out through the morning air, saying Splendid morning, isn't it? I don't believe we have met before, I'm Sky Richardson, as he approached the man, offering him his hand. He looked at the man somewhat curiously as he sized him up, wondering what the mans style was. Daggers, maybe? Hidden blade? He shrugged mentally, clearing his mind of the clutter of thoughts, returning his mind to silence.

Last edited by UnkownEntity on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Niraya Huntsmith

Niraya Huntsmith
Niraya got up early and did her usual morning routine. She hated mornings, but her body said to get up so she did. After she was cleaned up and had freash clothes on he grabs the drone remote before heading down to breakfast. she grabs a quick breakfast bar and a bottle of sweet tea. she heads outside and turns on the drone to follow her. she then heads over to board and examines whats there while she waits for the drone. she spots something about training and figured it would be best for her in two ways. one it would be able to test the drone's ability to scout things out, and at the same time it would help her get better at her spine whip. she goes to the meeting location only to see that there were already two others. "Hello...is this the training thing?" she had just missed there greetings so as she walked up her tail swaying back and forth a bit she smiles. "Hello my name is Niraya" its at the point the drone came in, and she turns towards it. "oh...bout time you showed up...maybe i need something to help you fly faster..." when she realizes she was talking to herself she jumps a bit her tail stands up before she turns around back to the two. "Sorry about that. im researching a drone for Police work and im suppose to test it out and improve it. I hope you dont mind?" she rubs the back of her head as her tail wrapped around her.

Kei

Kei

Kei

Kei turned his head toward the newcomer who had introduced himself as Sky.
Late teen, armed, dressed for combat. Kei observed, Probably on the same job as me.

"You think so?" Kei said looking up at bright sky, yawning, "It's a bit too early and a bit too bright for my taste. I never wake up this early you see."
Kei got up from leaning against the sign post and stretched his body.
"You can call me Kei," Kei told Sky casually, "I'm just gunna go ahead and assume you're here for the Academy's 'teamwork' hunt training? If that's the case, let's hope the third person gets here soon, I wanna get this over quickly."

As if on que, the third person arrrived, a fauness introducing herself as Niraya. With her was a drone that was flying around that she was suppossedly testing for police work. The Police Work itself was interesting enough that most people would ask about it first thing, but Kei was to busy watching the Drone fly around. No lie, the thing made him really uncomfortable, like it would fly into him or something any minute. Sure, it was flying stable now, but Kei knew that appearances could be deceiving.

"Er, right, my names Kei," Kei told Niraya cautiously, clearly distracted as the drone, as he made no eye contact with Niraya and was just watching the drone instead.

Kei coughed as to clear his mind. There was no point in worrying about the drone. He had priorities, and that was hurrying up to get the job done.
"Well we're all here," Kei sighed to Sky and Niraya, "Let's head out and get this over with as quickly as possible. Today's my 'relax-all-day' day. I don't find early morning walks through monster infested woods all that relaxing or enjoyable."

With that, Kei began heading towards the woods, hoping that their mission would finish as easily as it started...

Mood: Casual

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
As if catching Kei's yawn, Sky yawns as well, his breath staining the air with its warmth. Oh, I wouldn't be up at this hour either, if I could help it, he says as he waves away a small bug flying about his face, saying Since I am up_ however, I figure that it us better to enjoy the morning for what it is rather then mire in negativity. He blinks as if in surprise at his own response. He wasn't yet fully awake, and in this half asleep state he always grew quiet, introspective and philosophical. He nods, confirming that he was indeed there for the training mission.
He turns as Niraya arrives, the crunch of her footsteps alerting him to her presence. He regards her casually, if staring a bit. She appeared to be a cat faunus, however, unlike other cat faunus Sky had met, Niraya moved normally, rather than with the preternatural grace and form the others had had, each movement smooth and perfectly efficient. He lets the feeling slip away as his eyes turn to the drone arriving late to the scene. He cocks an eyebrow at Niraya, saying You will, I hope, forgive me, but your drone doesn't exactly fill me with confidence in its combat readiness. I mean, if it cant keep up now, when it doesnt matter its kind of hard to believe it will be able to keep up when it does. That being said, however, i have no qualms with you bringing it, so long as it doesn't get in my way.
Although he hadn't exactly marked his calender, Sky knew a good idea when he heard one, amd Kei's plan to relax was one that Sky could agree with. He shakes his head, clearing it of thoughts as they begin to move. As they lope across the land, breathing easily, Sky turns his head to face the others. Well, we might as well try and familiarize ourselves while we can. I, as you have no doubt already noticed, wield twin blades, and my Semblance lets me generate and manipulate electricity.

Niraya Huntsmith

Niraya Huntsmith
Niraya nods at Kai when he introduced himself. she turns to Sky but was kinda bummed that he was more occupied with the drone than sharing his name. she pushes the thought to the back of her mind and addressed his comment. "Like I said im working on it. you should have seen it before i made the tweeks it couldn't even tell how far a wall was from it and kept running into them." she looks back at Kai. " i agree. the sooner we get this done the sooner i can get back to work" she pulls out her whip and looks over at Sky when he mentioned what his weapon and symbiance was. she smiles and holds up her spine whip. "i use a spinewhip and my symbiance is crystal shard. it coveres my whip in a crystal barrier that when i whip sends shards of it towards my enemies!" she gives a small example of her skills with the whip. The drone backed a way a bit before driving up a bit to scan the soroundings.

Creep

Creep
One Level 2 Creep With 100 HP

Creeps weren't particularly well known for their intelligence... but this one was bellow average, even for a mindless beast. To it's credit, it made up for that by being larger than most; standing at a good meter and a half tall with large powerful jaws... though it had no concept of size save for "Bigger than me," "Smaller than me," and "Same size as me." The talons on it's toes were sharp and the spines along it's back pointed.

Now... what was this silly beast to do, unaccompanied might I add, when it was wandering through a part of the forest it had never seen prior? More importantly, what was it to do when it saw a group of three hunters and a strangle flying thingy walking just a bit ahead of it? The creep's chain of thought, as it stood obscured in some bushes, went as follows.

Those three bigger than me...that girl did something with strange vine...she stopped now... flying thing smaller than me... flying thing smaller than them...flying thing their baby...baby lagging behind...seems to be ascending... it still in my reach right now but not later I think...flying thing probably weakest...kill flying thing...group gets scared...they run away? They try to protect baby?

With that logic in mind the beast shot out, not making a sound save for the light padding of it's footsteps as it approached the speed of a train. With a hop it dove straight through the walking group's unimpeded, assuming it whacked the flying baby with it's hard muzzle before even reaching them due to it's position above and behind them, before landing at the other-side of them and; using it's sharp clawed feet, running straight up a tree a bit ahead of the group. It made it to a branch overhanging the group and chirped ferociously. Certain the group would back down now and this would become it's new territory.

Kei

Kei

Kei

"I'm terrible at not being a negative person," Kei told Sky in a neutral jokingly manner, "Being positive requires too much pretending for me. It gets real tiring too quickly."

----------------

"Well I guess it does seem to be flying well enough now," Kei sighed to calm himself and responded to Niraya, "I'll just hope it has strong combat capabilities as well. You know I actually wouldn't mind it at all if the drone did all the work for us. That'd wouldn't be half-bad."

----------------

After Sky and Niraya explained their fighting capabilities, Kei decided he should probably share a bit about himself as well. Unlike the other two however, Kei intended to make it seem like he really couldn't fight too well, hoping that the other two would do most of the fighting as they would think Kei himself inadept at fighting.

"Right," Kei nodded at the other two comments, "Well I'm not going to to lie, I'm pretty much not really ready at all for Grimm hunting or anything similar. I have no weapons on me, and my semblence basically only lets my punches sting a bit more."

This wasn't entirely a lie, it was true he had no weapons on him, his main equipment was a weighted wire he used more for utility then anything. As for his semblance, it was the ability to generate electricity within himself and in that sense, could be used to make his punches sting more.

-----------------

As they were walking through the forest, a Grimm suddenly emerged from the bushes to the right of the group of Hunters and Huntress, charging quickly towards the group. Kei reacted immediatly, bracing himself for an attack, but stopped halfway. The Grimm hadn't charged for him, but rather Niraya's drone. The Grimm jumped right across the group, and appeared to have made contact with the drone. Kei was sure what the drones condition was, he wasn't really paying attention to the drone, he didn't really care too much for it to begin with, but was rather watching the Grimm itself, analyzing its actions.

The Grimm landed on the otherside of the group and worked it's way up a tree onto a branch that overlooked Kei, Niraya, and Sky. The Grimm began growling at them, no doubt for indimidation reasons to get the group of humans to go away. Sadly for the Grimm, Kei had no intentions of leaving, sooner they dealt with this, the faster Kei could get home and enjoy his day off. Kei paid no attention to what happen to Niraya's drone. Truth for Kei's dislike towards Nirarya's drone was actually because Kei didn't trust robots at all.

"Hey check it out," Kei said casually, in an almost jerkish manner, looking up at the Grimm, "The drone actually baited out a Grimm. Not half bad, we should hurry up and deal with this Grimm and we can go home after."

Kei made no action to attack the Grimm yet however, as he continued to stand back with Sky and Niraya.

Mood: Attentive

Niraya Huntsmith

Niraya Huntsmith
Niraya was shocked to see a grim attack them this close to the edge of the forest. but was more supprised that it didn't attack them but instead hit her drone. it lets out a whine as it spun out of control and hit a tree. then it just lays there silent. "You have got to be kidding me!" she watched her drone hit the tree and collapse to the ground. this filled her with rage and turns back to the grimm who was in a tree making noise. Niraya took this as it laughing and strikes first. she pulls out her whip and uses her symbance. her whip now covered in crystals and she whips the air between her and the grim sending shards of the crystals towards the grim. "You will pay for Damaging my Drone!"

HP: 150 / Aura: 130

Creep

Creep
The creep was pleased, bearing it's jagged mouth and those bellow; showing off it's shiny white helmeted head with it's pretty red stripes and generally making a fool of itself. Stupidity had made the beast cocky.

Look at them. Cowering in fear. Clearly they scared. One not moving, other just looking... other look upset at loss of it's offspring. All is well. They will soon be dealt with... now to scare them away. They regret messing with Creep. Creep is the strongest. Creep is the best. Creep is king. Creep is coolest. Creep has lots of friends in pack... totally why Creep is fighting alone.

The beast leapt over them, a good two meters above them, as the one with the hairy ears attacked, sending some mass of glassy rock pieces just short of the beast's feet. It bounced off the trunk of a tree behind them; launching itself cranium first toward the male hunter with the crimson face mask. Primed to hit the back of his head. It let out a vicious roar, truly more akin to an angry yelp, as it sped toward both him and the group. Hoping to split them up with it's devastating attack.

Kei

Kei

Kei

"You're doing great Niriaya!" Kei called out after the fauness as she attacked the Grimm, with no intention of actually jumping in and helping. In his defense, Niraya seemed to be doing just well without him.

Of course, this didn't last long as the Creep immediately came flying towards Kei. Truth be told, Kei wasn't expecting to be the target of the Grimm; by staying out of the fight, he assumed he would have been left alone. This caused Kei's response time to be slow, leaving with no opportunity to dodge. Kei turned barely in time to brace the blow with his arms crossed in front of his body.

The Grimm crashed hard against Kei's arm. The bone-like armor that covered the Grimm's skull only added to the strength of impact. Kei swore and pushed the Grimm away with his arms and lept back, putting some distance between himself and the Creep. Kei wiggled his fingers around revealing they still worked fine. His arms stung, but it seemed nothing was badly broken. Perhaps some bruises or at worst a minor fracture. Kei raised his fists into a combat ready stance. It seemed whether he wanted too or not, he was getting dragged into this fight.

"Oi oi," Kei called out to the Grimm in a threatening manner despite knowing the beast probably didn't understand human speech, "You know attacking random strangers isn't always the best idea. You might accidentally find yourself killed if you keep it up."

Health: 165

HP and Aura:

Last edited by Kei on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot HP and Aura)

Niraya Huntsmith

Niraya Huntsmith
Niraya watches the Grim leap from the tree just before the crystal shards strike the tree where the grimm once stood. it charges head first into Kei's head. she watches it hit strike him as he barley was able to get his arms up to block. not wanting to miss a second time she quickly swings her whip at the grim while it was close before it lands behind them. "you do need to pay attention he could have broken something!" she readies herself for the next attack knowing full well it wasn't going to back down from a fight now. she takes a ready stance and focuses her on her symbiance again. she is not wanting to miss a second time, but at the same time she needs to take her time any rash moment and she might turn her allies into pincushions.

Creep

Creep
Level One Creep 70HP

The Creep grinned before it grimaced, whip striking it's side. It was knocked back a bit, while a whip wasn't exactly the best weapon for knocking an opponent flying the beast was both light and airborne when it was struck. As lacking as the beast was in intelligence it was, two things were clear. The masked one was an easier target to beat on but the pointed eared one seemingly would try not to let him get injured too badly. She'd try to keep the beast at a distance, that was where her weapon worked best. At close range she'd struggle to use it. It'd have to scare her off first, get her out of the equation.

The beast zigzagged toward the masked one, mouth wide as if it were looking to take a large chunk out of his side; however... At the last second it pushed off it's far leg. Pouncing in a shoulder barge like charge toward the faunus woman. Primed to hit it with it's back, flying toward her legs at a high speed.

Kei

Kei

Kei

"Yea yea, I got it now. I'll do better." Kei complained to Niraya as she told him to watch himself.

Niraya landed a successful blow on the Creep and it seemed to decent damage. Kei raised his fists while watching the Creep, ready for an attack. The Grimm suddenly charged at him moving side to side, no doubt to make itself a harder target for an attack. Kei was ready to counter the attack, but at the last second, the Creep made a juke and seemed to have changed it's attack target to Niraya.

It was too late though, the Grimm was within Kei's range when it turned away from him. Without hesitation, Kei's hand flew to his belt to where his weighted wire remained coiled up. Grabbing the end of the weighted wire, Kei launched it towards the side of the neck of the Grimm, attempting to stop its advance with the intentions of momentarily immobilizing it and choking it.

HP and Aura:

Niraya Huntsmith

Niraya Huntsmith
Niraya stands at the ready. she watches the grimms movement her whip covered in shards ready to go. she was waiting for an opertunity to strike, But the grimm charges at Kei moving rapidly left and right making it hard to predict when he would strike. then suddenly shifted direction towards her she barely had time to move just enough not to hit the mask but she gets clipped by the shoulder. she spins around when hit a few shards flying off of her whip. once she stopped her spinning she swings her whip towards the grim but being slightly dizzy her aim wasn't as precise as it should be. once the shards were expended she holds her sholder that got hit feeling for anything that was broken.

Hp 135 / Aura: 110

Creep

Creep
Level One Creep 40HP

The beast was once again happy that it had landed a blow, this time injuring the female, but it had once again come at a cost. As it was rolling over the grass lands, post attack, some strange form of vines had ensnared it, wrapped tightly around it's neck; coming from the tall masked one. The beast had no idea what to make of them, nor how to shake them. The beast was whacked in head with the end of a whip, it would seem it's movement had been somewhat restricted. Dazed and confused it saw only one way it could truly move. It chose to take advantage of the man's occupied hands, it's not like he could idly toss it about with it running straight at him. Would only be easy to pull it toward him, the creature ran mouth open. Going to take a chunk out his side. Utterly terrified that this could be it's end. It hadn't even got to hurt the third person, it was only fortunate that they had been standing idle this entire time... otherwise this would have been far worse for the beast.

It let out a roar, feet ponding on the grassy land as it charged toward it's target. Ready for an all out final assault.

Kei

Kei

Kei

Kei was a bit too late with his wire as Niraya still managed to get injured, but it seemed he had stopped the Creep from further doing anything. The wire caused the attention of the Grimm to come back to him and the monster began to charge back at him. Kei didn't try to undo the wire or anything along that nature, the Grimm was already in his trap.

Kei charged his semblance and began generating electricity within himself. Kei then focused the electricity into his hand directly into the weighted wire. The Weighted wire was made of a fine steel. Highly conductive of electricity. Blue sparks of electricity danced across the wire as it directly went into the Grimm and would provide a powerful shock if not immediately avoided.

Aura: 100

HP and Aura:

Niraya Huntsmith

Niraya Huntsmith
Niraya stands there the pain in her arm was quite strong. might even be dislocated, but she fights through the pain and gets ready again. Kei had managed to ensnare the beasts neck with what looked like wires. it helped as the beast quickly charged at Kei wanting to end the fight mouth open. Niraya takes a deep breath and focuces on her next attack dashing forward her injured arm dragging behind a bit. she swings the whip with her good arm aiming for the creatures legs. if she could trip up the beast then it should be easier to avoid the jaws. when her whip got near the Grimm some of the electricity arks across her spine whip and into her arm. her tail jolts up from the sensation of being eletrocuted.

HP: 110 / Aura:110

Creep

Creep
One Level Two Grimm Sorry...kinda messed that up the last two posts

The beast collapsed as a searing pain surged through it's body, expanding from it's neck and coursing through it's body. The beast's rear was then thwacked with the woman's weapon, tearing a hole in it's already chard and broken body as if it were no more than cheap tissue paper or the wrapper keeping a man from the sweets held within a packet. It let out a guttural groan as it slowly began to turn to ash, flopping onto the slower crumbling of it's two sides. As it's mass began to turn to ash it was left only to ponder what it's life might have been had it not confronted this team. The beast's only regret was that it didn't get to take a chunk out of it's opponents succulent sides. It would not be missed by any, hunter or grimm. The beast let out one final croak, eyes fading as it finally died. A mere five minutes later nothing remained of it save for the marks it had left on the students and their environment.

Loot:

Kei

Kei

Kei

As the Grimm slowly dissapeared, the weighted wire had come loose and Kei allowed it to completely retract back into it's coil. What had gone through the Grimm's mind was completely unknown to Kei. Kei simply assumed that Grimm were like beasts, and lacked the ability to properly think. Since this was the case, Kei really did not feel bad for what he had done, taking away the Grimm's hopes and dreams, but instead felt justified at his actions, as it meant he could finally go home and enjoy a nice nap or something along those lines. To top it off, the school should probably stay off of his case for not doing tasks for a week or two.

"Easy enough." Kei told Niraya as he stretched one of his arms yawned, "Now let's hurry and get back. I still have plenty of time to enjoy the rest of my day off."

-exit-

Mood: Satisfied
Aura: 100

HP and Aura:

Last edited by Kei on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Niraya Huntsmith

Niraya Huntsmith
Niraya sighs happy to see the fight was over. she puts away her spine whip, and waves goodbye to Kei as he left. she holds her left shoulder using her aura to heal the wound as she goes to find the drone. once she finds it she picks it up and carries it back to campus

(exits)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum