You are not connected. Please login or register

TKO! (private/Averia)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51TKO! (private/Averia) - Page 3 Empty Re: TKO! (private/Averia) Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:32 am

Alexander Davis

Alexander Davis
Alex sat there in the chair, keeping his eyes on Averia. In the faint glow of his aura he could make out her features and saw that his words were affecting her, but not as much as he thought they would've. So she was able to take a verbal assault and stay upright, or at least mostly. Good. That's what he had wanted to see. She was also defending herself from what he had said, which was also good. However he had expected a little something... more from her. He had expected her to fully to defend against the verbal assault and maybe even strike back, which she did. He had just hoped she'd strike back a little harder.

Alex didn't answer her question about why he was holding onto the ring even though he shouldn't be, and he remained silent for a while after she asked about why the government would keep secrets instead of letting people know about them. After a moment or two he finally answered. "In most cases secrets are kept so the populace doesn't get in the way of an investigation while trying to catch a dangerous criminal, then is only released to act as evidence against that criminal. No panic over an unethical experiment if the criminal behind it is already behind bars. Other reasons is to hide some embarrassment to an official. The list goes on." Alex started to say at first, then he grew quiet again.

Finally he spoke up again. "You know what? Sod it. No one is gonna link a single ring to something that happened over 5 years ago. And if Ironwood doesn't like it then he should've had that facility destroyed before anyone had found it. What I hate most about classified missions is that the survivors aren't given any recovery treatment because you can't treat someone's trauma for in event that never happened. That General has his head up his a** I swear." Alex said as he allowed his semblance construct to turn the lights back on. "Sorry about my attitude. This topic brings out the worst in me. I keep Sasha's ring because I don't want to forget her." Alex said while shaking his head. "Maybe we should call it a day."

52TKO! (private/Averia) - Page 3 Empty Re: TKO! (private/Averia) Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:02 pm

Avy Frost

Avy Frost
"That's... a very weak reason to warrant death to anyone who discovers the secret." Avery stated as she tilted her head a little in confusion. Did he really mean to kill her just so she wouldn't get in a way of an investigation? It sounded quite bogus to her. Perhaps he wasn't telling her the truth about everything and she didn't blame him for that. Yet there was no reason to lie to her either. He could've simply said nothing and she would've understood. She wasn't naive enough to not know the difference between an excuse and a truth. Still, Avery decided to let it go. He was a mystery after all.

And then his next following statements made her understand a little about her professor. He had undergone a traumatic event and has yet to fully recover, at least, that's what she picked up from his explanation. Even his loss of composure contributed to that theory.

Avery nodded in understanding as he revealed he kept the ring in Sasha's memory. But then blinked when he quickly mentioned they should call it a day. It made her chuckle unintentionally. This guy was really random sometimes. Maybe he was severely affected by the topic they opened up just now? Whatever the case, Avery gave another nod.

"Alright. And don't worry, whatever we talked about here stays here. I'll keep your secret if that makes you feel any better." Avery turned around from him and started to walk towards her bag.

53TKO! (private/Averia) - Page 3 Empty Re: TKO! (private/Averia) Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:13 pm

Alexander Davis

Alexander Davis
"That was just an example that I pulled off the top of my head. For the one I'm stuck in the situation is much more complicated. By the way if you found it out, and trust me you'd know if you did, they would first have to learn that you found out... they would at first see if you'd be able to keep your mouth shut about it." Alex stated, as he rubbed his temples like he was trying to keep a headache at bay, but was failing. This conversation had caused him to lose his hold on his physiological state of mind, resulting in a piece of his brokenness to be revealed. And it was all because of the ring. "Maybe you're right, about the ring I mean. It falling out of my pocket like that was enough for me to mentally fall to pieces. I should store better." He said as he stood up, his hammock chair vanishing back into his belt.

He rolled his right shoulder, then gave her a nod as his eyes cleared a little bit, showing that his head was also clearing. "You did well today. You held me off quite well and learned quite a bit, both offensively and defensively. In addition to what you already know, I'd say you're well on your way to being able to make it through the Vytal Festival with hand to hand combat alone. If you ever want me to show you some more, just ask. I'd be more then willing to. And before you even think about paying me for it, don't. I'll happily do it for free." Alex stated calmly, then turned to face the door but didn't quite leave yet in case Averia had anything to say.

54TKO! (private/Averia) - Page 3 Empty Re: TKO! (private/Averia) Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:42 pm

Avy Frost

Avy Frost
Avery halted in her tracks and looked at him over her shoulder, listening to his praises and offer for a free training. While she didn't quite believe she was any good with close quarters combat, it did make the corner of lip curve into a subtle smile. It's good to hear praises once in a while - real praises at that. And his offer for a free training? Why not. She felt like she'd learned a lot more in this quick session than the gruelling experience she had with that old hag. In fact, she could even recommend him to her step-mother to replace that goddess-wannabe for private tutoring.

"I'll keep that in mind." Avery said and turned back to gather her things.

Slinging her bag on her back, she proceeded to walk to the door. "I appreciate the training, Alex. Rest assured I'll be better once we spar again."

"Also, I don't know much but... I'm sure there are psychologists around who'll be able to help you with your... predicaments. You don't have to reveal to them the secret of course, but just enough information to keep it off your chest. It's good to have someone to talk to sometimes." The gunslinger stated. She turned around. "Good bye now."

And with that, Avery walked out the door.

[exit]

55TKO! (private/Averia) - Page 3 Empty Re: TKO! (private/Averia) Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:09 pm

Alexander Davis

Alexander Davis
Hearing that Averia might be willing to train with him again earned her a nod and a smile. She had a lot of potential, and if she was able to make full use of it and add it to what she already had... then that ice manipulator might very well be able to send him running for the hills. At the comment of her getting better for their next spar, Alex's smile widened into a cheeky grin. "If you keep improving at the rate you did during this spar, then next time I'll be covered with more bruises then you will when we're done. I'm gonna hold you to that, ice knight." he said with a chuckle. Sure he could've called her an ice queen or ice princess, but those just didn't fit. A princess was known to be pampered and frail... but this huntress was anything but frail. She could fight like a beast when she wanted to. Ice queen didn't quite feet either because most people called that were cold and unfeeling, and Averia's reactions to him today proved to him that she wasn't unfeeling at all.

She fought bravely and with determination. In his books she was a knight, though if she was loyal only to herself or to those around her remained to be seen. However even someone that was loyal to only themselves fought with those around them from time to time. At her comment about finding help, he just shook his head. "Been down that road already. That's how I made it to this mental state already." Alex responded before watching her walk out. With a smile, Alex picked up Oblivinator and slung it over his shoulders, gave his back a satisfying crack, readied the arena for the next user, and headed out. He had an android to take care of after all, so he couldn't be gone for long.

[exit]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum