You are not connected. Please login or register

From one tin can to another [Private/Maestus]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
Training room. By far one of the places she spent most of her time, besides classes, ofcourse. Tirelessly training. Constantly improving and getting better.

But she was still not good enough. A scowl appeared on her face as she kept going for the heavy punching bag. Bandages around her knuckles, running all the way up to her elbows. Small dots of blood visible around her knuckles. Her skin was surprisingly tender. And the rough fabric of the punching back had managed to open up her skin a fair bit. So the bandages were a good option. It didn't really help that Mathilde had a very bad sense of touch, so she had only noticed the fact her knuckles were ripped open and bleeding when it was just a tad too late.

But luckily, the training room was empty. The only spectator that heard the constant thudding of Mathilde's punches and witnessed that she was using not only her hands, but also elbows in a flurry of attacks for training was her massive scythe. Posted against the wall. Haunting in it's gestalt, the weapon just waited for it's next use.

And Mathilde just kept going. Untill a final punch knocked the thing from it's hinges. And a soft breath came from her.

Not good enough.

Never good enough.

Maestus

Maestus
Even if it was her fault for expecting peace and quiet outside of a training room of all places, Maestus couldn't help but be irritated at how her relaxation was ruined by the sound of multiple thuds from inside the room.  At first, she tried to ignore it and be patient, hoping that whoever was hitting whatever in that room would get tired eventually, but this patience only lasted until she heard a much louder sound, like someone fell onto the floor.  Maestus finally gave up and brought herself to her feet before walking into the training room to see who was causing all the noise.

Upon entering, she took notice of the punching bag on the floor.  "I guess I know what caused that last sound. . . "  Maestus muttered to herself as she walked towards the culprit.  At first, Maestus was a bit angry that someone interrupted her peace and quiet, but being built the way she is, she's able to excuse someone who's training.  Looking over the person training for a moment, Maestus had just a bit of a good feeling about her.  Obviously, the bandages on her arms and the blood on her hands showed that she took her training seriously, which was respectable enough.  However, even if it was admirable, harming oneself just for training made her a bit uneasy.  Maestus waved before saying, "Heya.  Are you sure you can keep going like that?  You aren't exactly made of metal."  As she said this, she would extend her claws before knocking them into her forearm, letting out an almost musical sounding 'ting' sound.  Maestus then pointed at the stranger's hands. "Doesn't that hurt?  Taking a break wouldn't kill ya, right?  I mean, in the end you can do what you want, but I'm just saying..."

It had only occurred to her after she finished talking, but she noticed that speaking with other people was starting to feel a bit smoother to her.  Normally, she'd get aggressive or confused just by trying to say something socially acceptable.  Pleased with herself at her improvements, Maestus would stand casually, waiting for a response from the other person in the room.  She had to admit, for a human to only use their fists and knock down a punching bag just from using it normally is impressive.  This person might end up being someone to respect.  That, or it was someone to be careful of.  Either way, Maestus was interested in where this interaction would go.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
The silence that hung when Maestus entered was eerie and ominous, to say the least. What was the sound of an individual relentlessly trying had become a clouded, thick curtain of dead silence. Almost enough for her to hear and realize the sound of cracking knuckles as Mathilde closed her fist tightly, looking down at it in an almost naïve sense of wonder. As if she hadn't realized she ripped the skin of her knuckles. She did, bleeding was just such an oddity to her. She glanced up at Maestus, a steel gaze moving across the robot's body as the sound of metal on metal resounded.

A frame fit for war.

Unlike Mathilde. She was more fit for infiltration. She had to surpress a mirthless chuckle, an annoyed huff. By any and all means, she was made of nothing but metal. Everything else was just pretty cosmetics and an appealing visage to draw in the believe of humanity. "It- doesn't really," she answered, shaking her head momentarily and starting to peel off the bandages from her arms. Now upclose, Maestus could mayhaps notice the smooth lines and curves of the scars that were dancing across her collarbone, over her shoulders and no doubt further down her back. They were intricate in design, much like a tattoo. However, had a way more sinister look to them. Because they were just scars. And no doubt would it hurt any normal human to apply these. Moreso than a tattoo.

"I'm perfectly fine, but thank you for the concern," Mathilde answered. A smile forming on what was otherwise a cold facade. "Mathilde Harmaa. Can I help you?"

Maestus

Maestus
The android stood still for a moment, examining Mathilde closely before deciding on what she would say.  That was when she saw the scars.  Of course, she had no idea where they came from, be it Grimm or another person, but as far as she could tell they were most likely battle scars.  After noticing this, a thought began to make it's way into Maestus's head.  She's heard of people having higher pain tolerances, but she never met anybody that would keep hurting themselves just for training.  Despite this mildly concerning thought, she should probably stick to simpler things to talk to her about.  "I guess that's just about the response I expected.  I mean, you've even got some battle scars there, so you seem like you're a bit tougher, I guess."  She paused a moment, before realizing she forgot to introduce herself. "Oh, and I'm Maestus.  Just Maestus."  She held out her hand to Mathilde.  This was a bit of a test.  Maestus has a ridiculous amount of strength, so she came up with a way to figure out how gentle she had to be with others.  If Mathilde were to show some amount of pain or discomfort with Maestus's vice-like grip, she'd be a bit more cautious when making any sort of physical contact.  If she didn't, that probably meant she didn't have to hold back too much.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your goal for your training today?  I might just be able to help you out if you want."  This was good.  A good first step towards actually being a part of a decent person to person interaction.  Maestus was used to being treated with caution or fear due to her size and obviously dangerous build, so meeting someone that didn't seem to mind was a rare occurrence. "I mean, I was trying to just sort of chill out, but you seem like a bit of a stronger person.  You'd be surprised at how uncommon that is to me."  Maestus tried her best not to show her discomfort with that last statement.  Depending on Mathilde's personality, she might take what she just said in a different way, and that usually ended poorly for everyone involved in the android's past experiences.  Trying to see what she could be thinking, Maestus would look at her new acquaintance's face to get some hints from their expression.  

This was... strange.  She wasn't quite sure how to put it, but something about her seemed a bit different.  The smile was normal, sure, but she wasn't getting any sort of mood from it, like there was something missing from that smile.  At the thought of this, a quiet ticking would be heard from Maestus's head.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
"These are hardly scars inflicted in combat," Mathilde responded as she tapped the intricate cross on her left shoulder. Both identically designed on each shoulder, however. "They're.. More like tattoos," or so the comparison had been drawn when explained to her. And it was a statisfactory explanation. It stated her curiousity and she wasn't particularily concerned with questioning exactly why. There were far more important things to learn, after all.

"A pleasure to meet you, Maestus," she answered, extending her hand to answer Maestus' gesture. Not the slighest hint of discomfort on her face. Her question led to a frown from Mathilde. "Goal for training?" She repeated the question. What other goal to training was there than to get better? "Just. General improvements, you know. Can't get lazy." She moved over and grabbed the punching bag, pulling it up with one hand before hanging it back up at the chains attached to the ceiling. She picked up the massive scythe and circled it around, before holding it up, the end of the pole resting on her hip. "Maybe. I'm in the combat major, after all. Have to be strong."

Maestus

Maestus
Maestus tilt her head to the left for a moment after hearing Mathilde's description of her scars.  Tattoos?  So they were put there on purpose?  It seemed a bit strange for someone to intentionally harm themselves just for looks, but it's not the first time she's heard of it happening.  As Mathilde shook the android's hand, Maestus tried to grin before remembering that she didn't have facial muscles.  An idea began to make it's way into her head as this other student didn't seem to be affected by the strength of her grip.  Her confidence in this student increased further when she witnessed them pick up a large weapon and maneuver it as if it was nothing.  It took some effort not to cut off Mathilde as she was talking, Maestus was excited to meet someone who might be a threat to her.

"Alright, well... Being strong is one thing, and by the looks of it, you're already doing great in that criteria," she said, gesturing to the scythe.  "But we aren't in this school to fight punching bags, are we?"  Maestus would assume a more powerful stance, arms tensed up with her hands by her sides, knees bent just slightly. "The point I'm trying to make is..."  The android extended the claws on her hands and feet, the blades making an almost musical metallic sound.  "Don't you think it'd be fun to train against someone that can hit back?  I'd love to see if that scythe is just a decoration or not."  Maestus was getting anxious.  It was always thrilling to train with her fellow students.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
Implying she herself had made them. Or implying she could feel pain from such light scratches. The scythe alternated from resting on her hip to lean against her collarbone, in the nape of her neck. And she seemed unbothered by lugging the weight around. If anything, Hallowed Redeemer weighed ten times less than herself. "Correct," Mathilde affirmed with a swift quip. Tilting her head curiously as the android assumed an obvious combat stance.

And if that wasn't obvious, the claws that extended from hand and toes were a dead giveaway. Mathilde nodded, moving over to stand directly infront of Maestus, only several meters away. "Allow me," she stated curtly, circling the scythe around and pressing the bladed weapon to the floor, pushing it up slightly.

And with a soft thud, the white coat she wore hit the floor. "A thing you might want to know. My semblance is always on. It makes me weigh a -lot-. Other than that, whenever you're ready."

Maestus

Maestus
That was... weird.  As far as Maestus knew, any sort of advanced abilities that were always operating were considered an aura.  If her semblance was on all the time, she'd have to be exhausted all the time, and it must not do anything special for it to go unnoticed until now.  It seems that a certain someone decided to lie to the android.  "Huh.  I don't believe you." If Mathilde used what Maestus would perceive as a semblance, she'd know for sure.

This argument would have to wait.  Maestus dug the claws on her feet into the ground, gripping the floor before using it to launch herself forward.  As she sprinted towards Mathilde, she began to pick up speed before activating her semblance.  Her claws began to glow a molten gold color before Maestus reached her target, slashing at Mathilde twice with her claws before pouncing at her like a savage.  Depending on how quickly her opponent got away,  they may or may not have a terrifying experience today.

HP: 200/200
SP: 100/110 (Semblance used.)

Four attacks, 60 damage each.  All attacks have intent to cause bleed.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
Combat theme: Thy art is murder - Holy war (Death metal)

"Believe what you will," Mathilde chuckled in response, a dangerous glint sparking in her eyes. It was an obvious challenge. Why don't you find out? Try me. Not in literal words, but that was the metaphorical aura she was exhuming. Danger and mysticism.

With the distance considered between herself and Maestus, her hands moving up in tandem, the attacks were choreographed, rather easy to read. Her scythe flung about and deflected each rend on the shaft, before she sidestepped the pounce, flowing like water. Her foot stomped in the ground and she grunted under her breath, throwing her weight towards Maestus and shouldercharging her pounce mid-air. Aiming to knock her off balance.

What Maestus would feel was as if she was hit by a wrecking ball. 4 tons of Mathilde had just slammed into her, after all.

Regardless of the shouldercharge hitting, it allowed Mathilde for a quick retreat, taking several swift steps back and raising her scythe overhead. The butt pointed towards Maestus. With another swift step forward, she thrust the sharp pommel forward. Aiming to smack it against Maestus' face. The thrust came out surprisingly quick, quicker than the following attack. She stepped back again and flung the scythe around, aiming to hit her side, while remaining herself properly out of range from her claws.

She had the reach above Maestus. Better play according to that.

-------------------------------------

HP: 210 / 210
SP: 90 / 90

3 attacks;
Shouldercharge for 20+5+0 = 25 damage (unarmed)
Pommelstrike for 20 + 5 + 10 = 35 damage (scythe)
Slice against the side for 20 + 5 + 10 = 35 damage (scythe)

Maestus

Maestus
As Maestus felt herself being pushed backwards, she began to rethink the way she was going to attack Mathilde.  Based on what just happened, a constant full force offense wasn't going to work, seeing how it ended up with a shoulder crashing against her torso.  As Maestus fell backwards, she landed on her feet and slid back a short distance before charging towards Mathilde again, a horrifying display of speed and ferocity.

As Mathilde thrust the pommel of her scythe at her, the android simply did a knee slide, the attack flying right over her.  Now her plan would really come into effect.  When Mathilde swung her scythe at Maestus's side, she let it hit her, but grabbed the handle of her opponent's weapon, pulling with all of her strength to force the attacker closer to Maestus's claws.  Although Maestus was already stronger than most of the power-focused students of this academy, her semblance increased her strength even further, allowing her to stop a speeding car by just standing in the way.

"Come 'ere!"  Maestus gripped the scythe handle with both of her hands, but kicked at Mathilde with the claws on her feet, the blades swinging at her four times. "Come closer! Closer! Iwannalookyouintheeyes!" The thrill of combat was beginning to impact her speech, but she wouldn't hesitate over it.  She learned that lesson the hard way, once.

HP: 185/200
SP: 90/110 (Semblance used.)

Four attacks, 60 damage each.  All attacks have intent to cause bleed.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
The android had slid under her. Her frame was lighter, obviously. Such feats of agility in such swift execution were intruiging to see. Though nothing she couldn't handle. Once she had found the delicate balance between keeping her distance yet remaining in striking range to chip away at Maestus, yet remain distant enough that the android had constantly close the gap with movement, this fight would be in her favour. Since movement meant instability and opened defenses. Even though her foe was faster than her with the type of weaponry she possessed, backsteps and ways to lengthen the gap were easy to perform. Though what she didn't anticipate was Maestus throwing herself infront of the damage. Her scythe had hit home, though Maestus seemed intent on taking her weapon. Well, she could have it.

Mathilde momentarily offered resistance momentarily, ignoring the android's mad ravings. Though a split second later, she loosened all resistance, even thrusting it forward slightly to knock Maestus off of balance slightly due to the sudden loss of a counteracting force. Which was extremely bad considered the white and golden android's movements were already rather instable due to kicking at Mathilde. She used one hand to smack the flailing leg away by the ankle and moved her elbow up to strike Maestus under the chin. A hand grasping the polearm again to begin a punishing two part attack.

She followed the elbow jab up with a frontal kick for Maestus abdomen, aiming to smack the android into the blade of her scythe. And immediately turned on her feet, dancing around the shaft to put it between herself and Maestus, using the blade to throw Maestus away from her, creating again the distance she had been found abusing constantly now.

---------------------------
OOC note: I'm a tad confused on the damage taken and blocked - The shouldercharge pushed out 25 damage, which you clearly took. Then, the slice of Mathilde's scythe also goes for 35 damage. A total of 60 damage. Though you get damage reduction on both for 30 damage. I got no clue on how much armour the flexible armour chassis has since I don't know which tier it is. Same for your claws, mind you. It'd be helpful to add that somewhere, to avoid confusion ^^"

Also, this attack may have some clarification. Mathilde loosened all counteracting force after Maestus began-.. I'm not sure what she did, 4 kicks. Or is each blade counted seperately.

Well, regardless. She was on one leg while exerting force and Mathilde used that momentum to knock Maestus slightly off balance, before being in range of, again, not sure if they were four kicks, in which case she moved in enough to deflect the last. Or deflected 1 altogether, by smacking her wrist against the ankle.

She then struck an elbow at Maestus' chin with the same arm that deflected.

Then kicked Maestus back into the blade of her scythe. Which was held by close proximity to the pommel, to maximize range.

Then she sidestepped to put the shaft of the scythe between herself and Maestus, before using her scythe to throw off the beast of an android and create range once more.

HP: 210 / 210

Elbow strike for 25 damage (unarmed || Physical)
Frontal kick for 25 damage (unarmed || Physical)
Scythe impact / throw for 35 damage (scythe attack || Physical)

Maestus

Maestus
As Mathilde stopped resisting Maestus's pull, the android dug her claws into the floor, locking up her right leg so she wouldn't fall straight to the floor like an idiot.  Annoyed that her original plan had failed and that Mathilde had the nerve to fearlessly swing her elbow at a being that is literally made of metal and blades.  Maestus let go of her opponent's weapon, thrusting her claws at Mathilde's arm as her elbow attempted to connect with the android's face.  Using the same strategy, as Mathilde began her frontal kick, Maestus positioned her right hand so that her claws would be between her opponent's foot and Maestus's torso in an attempt to stab them in the foot, all the while she was keeping her claws in the floor to keep herself in place.  "The only one that hurts me is ME."

Wow, did she really just say that? Embarrassing. As Mathilde tried to move Maestus away yet again, the android did her best to counter it yet again with her claws.  Making sure that her claws weren't slicing through the floor or bending under so much pressure, Maestus kept herself planted on the ground.

HP: 185/200
SP: 80/110 (Semblance used.)

Two attacks, 60 damage each.  No intent to cause bleed.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
Her face didn't betray any emotion, it was like the blue haired, silver eyed woman had donned a mask from which no expression could escape. Cold, haunting in it's appearance. Even Maestus was able to tell at least something was off. For Mathilde's face was as emotionless as Maestus' visage. The elbow and raze for her claws connected and screeched off of her aura. The first metaphorical blood drawn by Maestus. Her foot was slammed down in the floor, once again, damage taken. With enough force to cause a dent in the steel underneath the two. But not even a muscle twitched in her face. Her head moved up, the kick didn't have any succes. Though her scythe was still behind Maestus.

And she could most certainly work with that. A step back, the scythe screeched over the floor again, sparks flying up as she was about to strike Maestus in the back, except that, she didn't. It was a feint.

With a massive feat of power, Mathilde turned on her feet, pulling the scythe away from Maestus. Dancing away from the android, before using the momentum to bring the weapon full circle. Aiming a smack of the back of the blade against the side of Maestus' head. Hands flipped on the polearm and it's momentum was reversed, aiming to slice the blade down on Maestus' shoulder. Another massive heave and the blade was pulled in the air, Mathilde stepping back again. Holding the polearm above her head again. The butt pointed towards Maestus, the blade behind her. Still moving to maintain distance and kiting around Maestus. She was well aware her aura was at fifty seven percent.

-----------------------
HP: 120 / 210

Two attacks - 35 damage each.

Maestus

Maestus
Maestus watched carefully, preparing herself for Mathilde's next attack.  Sadly, seeing into the future wasn't exactly one of her talents.  Maestus fell for the feint perfectly, allowing the scythe to crash into the side of her head.  However, she didn't furiously swing out and release a battle cry like she had been doing throughout the fight.  Now, she was a bit confused.  As her opponent's scythe came down towards Maestus, she couldn't do anything flashy to avoid it, but stepping sideways worked out well enough.  Maestus began to think about how this fight was going at the moment, and couldn't help but wonder about Mathilde.  She wasn't afraid, angry, amused even.  Was she... taunting her?  Was this fight not something to worry about?  Was she really not a threat?

"No. No, no, NO."  Maestus began to walk to Mathilde slowly.  Something was different.  She didn't know what, but she knew that Mathilde had to be doing something.  Everyone she fought before was at least afraid of getting a claw to the stomach, but not her.  She had to be faking it.  "Why aren't you afraid of me?"  The android began to speak as if she wasn't in a fight at all, like she wasn't trying to destroy Mathilde.  The tone in her voice went from hostile to genuine curiosity, even as she broke into a sprint towards her enemy.

Maestus began to make ridiculously fast swings at Mathilde, putting as much force behind each attack as possible.  "I mean, it's not like there's no danger here.  I've been doing my best to be quite the challenge for you."  The words came out surprisingly calm as she swung her right hand the first time.  "But somehow, it's like this is just a chore for you.  Like I'm not a real threat."  Doing a quick leg sweep, Maestus continued her rather one-sided conversation. "But I'll forgive you. If you scream loud enough, I'll forgive you.  You did hurt my feelings after all. Isn't that only fair?"  After swinging her claws two more times, Maestus finally finished speaking, wondering how Mathilde would respond.  Physically, and verbally.

HP: 175/200
SP: 70/110 (Semblance used.)

Four attacks, 60 damage each. No intent to cause bleed

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
Why would she be afraid? There was no harm involved. When her aura was depleted, the fight was over. And even then, death wasn't something Mathilde feared. It wasn't part of her core programming. She was made to survive, and a fear of death was a hindrance. It could petrify, enforce rash decisions. It was against the very principle of efficiency she had hoped to embody. Quite poetic. An android with no qualms about her being yet no control over her emotions versus an android who had to pass as a human with near perfect control over said emotions.

Poetic. And oh so insulting.

As Maestus broke into a sprint, Mathilde suddenly stepped forward, to the side to deliver another swift jab of her pommel to the side of Maestus' head, before creating distance again, jumping just out of reach from the first slash. The sweep made her stagger, though she immediately rolled backwards with the stagger, altering her grip on the scythe to keep it with her and rise with a slash for Maestus' chest, before thrusting the pole straight forward at Maestus' to keep distance. Dancing backwards all the same. "Why speak and taunt?" She questioned, staring Maestus directly in the lack of eyes. "How do you hope to control your enemy, if you cannot control yourself?" She flicked the scythe around her back, before smacking the blade of it down in the ground behind her. "This fight is over. I refuse to combat one whom I cannot tell the difference from Grimm to. Call it forfait if you desire victory." There was no anger in her voice. There wasn't even a pant to her breath. There was solely the cold, bitter tone, which akin to her face, betrayed nothing of her sentiment. "Your technique is admirable. Surpassing mine immediately. Though your lack of self control is despicable."

----------
HP: 75 / 210

3 attacks for 35 damage each.

Maestus

Maestus
This was wrong. All of it was wrong. Maestus sat up after getting knocked down from the multiple strikes against her, looking ahead, but not at anything. She was too caught up in thought to even register that she could see at all. Her semblance faded until the glowing ceased, and the android stood back on her feet, assessing the situation.

This entire fight, she wasn't sure what she was doing. Every action, word, step, all of it. Everything she did felt like she put thought into it, but she could recall none of it the second it was over. All she could really understand was that she had taken some hits, that much was clear, and Mathilde had just deemed her despicable, that she was hardly different from Grimm. "No, I... Please! I'm sorry! I don't know what was happening, I just... " Maestus didn't know what to say, if there was anything to say at all. She's lost control before, sure, but none of those situations led her to act like this. Not only did she probably take actions she wouldn't take normally, but she couldn't even recall them to find out if they were mistakes.

She remained still for a moment, the severity of her deterioration sinking in as she did so. After what felt like moments to her, Maestus fell to her knees, letting out one final scream. For once, this wasn't out of anger, fear, or even frustration. The tone of this scream was that of anguish. She was no hunter. Hunters have self control, they don't just attack wildly and without thought like some animal. Was that all she was? An animal pretending to be a student? Her scream sounded out for just a moment longer before silence fell over the room.

Maestus stood up. "I guess I know what caused that sound." Maestus muttered to herself. At first, she was angry that someone had interrupted her peace and quiet, but being built the way she is, she's able to excuse someone who's training. However, even if it was admirable, harming oneself just for training made her a bit uneasy. Maestus waved before saying, "Heya. Are you sure you can keep going like that? You aren't exactly made of metal." With that, she turned to leave, making her way to the doors that led her into this place.

HP: 145/200
SP: 70/110

No attacks.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
"Don't be just sorry," Mathilde answered, her head tilting forward slightly, eyes narrowing. "Train on it. Keep your foes guessing, knock them off balance. A fight is not solely physical. It requires a mental control as well. It's what seperates us hunters from Grimm," she glanced away, at the heavily damaged punching bag. Completely due to her own fault. "In the end, both are relentless, merciless killers," she mused to herself. She glanced back at Maestus as the blood curdling scream resounded. She was more human than her.

And yet.

This was the first time Mathilde felt envy. Would Maestus be able to tell what she felt? What sensation a skin had? How a warm summer breeze felt? The android propped herself up again and repeated the exact same words she had for Mathilde when they first met. Had she just deleted the memory. Her voice was cold, her scythe pried from the ground and with several swift steps, she caught up with Maestus. "Don't tamper with your memory banks like that," she murmured, pressing a firm hand on the android's shoulder. "Remember today. Remember what happened, remember your mistakes and improve upon your past self. Do not just discard it." She shook her head. "That's what improvement is, after all."

Maestus

Maestus
Maestus froze as the stranger that she assumed to be the cause of the noise put her hand on her shoulder, stopping her in her tracks. Memory banks? Was that a thing she even had? "Woah, what?" Maestus brushed Mathilde's hand off of her shoulder, turning to face the rather forward student before she spoke again. "Don't go around touchin' people you don't know. If I was in a bad mood, I might've decked you. Besides, I don't know what you're going on about, I'm pretty sure my last mistake was when I bumped into that one lady this morning..."

Something was definitely off here. She didn't even know this person and she had the guts to put her hand on her shoulder, even going so far as to claim that Maestus had made a mistake or something. "Listen, I just came in here to see what all that noise was. I'm already a little bit annoyed that you interrupted my peace and quiet, so don't go assuming things about me." Maestus stepped forward, emphasizing an assertive tone, but making sure that she didn't seem completely angry or anything. She wasn't sure if this person was looking for trouble, but she might find it in Maestus.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
So she had deleted the memory completely? Mathilde raised her hand, before pointing at the scratches and marks on the ground. "Those belong to you," she answered. "Your claws, both on hand and feet. They glow a golden hue when activated," sshe stepped back and sighed softly. "Gage your aura levels, Maestus," Mathilde advised as well. Before shaking her head. "We fought. You became increasingly erratic and I forfait the duel before either of us would've gotten severely hurt." She pulled her scythe up, resting it on her shoulders. "You didn't take kindly to my scolding and decided to delete the memory," Mathilde stated rather matter-of-factly. "If I recall properly," which she did, playing back the recording in her mind, "you became frustrated at me refusing to show emotion." She let out a soft breath.

"You even stated that you'd forgive me for it if I screamed loud enough," a stern look crossed her face. "Which I personally wasn't too pleased about. You would hurt me because I apparently hurt your feelings."

Maestus

Maestus
Maestus was stunned, to say the least.  She didn't know that was something she could willingly do, and she certainly tried before.  After she fully understood what an android was, she tried time and time again to delete small unimportant memories, but it never worked.  She looked to her claws and the marks on the floor, comparing the two before talking again.  "I don't... remember.  It certainly seems like I've been here, but the problem is that I can't actually delete my memories.  I've tried."  It seemed to her that Mathilde thought that Maestus operated the same way other androids did, but she was unfortunately wrong.  "And I can't check my aura levels either, but I can understand why you'd think I could.  I just start to feel tired after a while.  Humans always seem to think they know how every android operates..."

Stopping herself before she said anything rude about humans, Maestus began to run through what could have happened a while ago, if this stranger was telling the truth.  Did she really say that she'd forgive that girl if she screamed?  That sounds like a nightmare, like something you'd hear from a total psychopath.  Suddenly, it clicked.  This wasn't the first time that she had said or done something strange or hostile in the middle of a fight.  When she first arrived, she almost killed someone for making her angry on accident.

The android chuckled to herself for a moment.  "So how did you stop me?  We're both clearly conscious, so you didn't knock me senseless, and I didn't send you to a hospital.  What happened?"  Of course, she had some guesses, but it seemed like this other person had a better grasp on what was going on than Maestus.  "I've been in plenty of fights, and I've always come out on top.  You must have done something, right?"

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
"You were in a shocked state, cried out in agony, before the... Deletion happened," she frowned momentarily, moving over to the scratchmarks. "I have nothing to gain from lying to you, Maestus, believe me." She stood up again, glancing over back to the android, her head tilting. "Maybe... It wasn't voluntarily. You were distressed, mentally troubled. Mayhaps you deleted it without realizing. As in, your subconscious did," Mathilde suggested, frowning slowly.

She pulled up her scroll. "Everyone can check their aura levels," she answered, glancing at Maestus. "Androids, humans, faunus. And everything in between." After several clicks, she held up hers. Revealing her picture, along with an aura life bar underneath. "You no doubt have a scroll as well. And you can also see my aura was damaged."

Mathilde frowned slowly. "I told you that I forfait. Your lack of self control being despicable. Comparing it to the Grimm we're supposed to fight. This wasn't a fight for life or death. It was a spar. One you took too far." Even if she didn't take Mathilde's word for it, the signs were more than abundant and telltale.

Maestus

Maestus
Looking at the stranger's scroll, it became clear that she was definitely telling the truth. They did fight and, by the look of it, she almost actually hurt this other student, though it wouldn't have been the first time. A sense of dread began to overwhelm Maestus as she pulled out her scroll. She didn't know that they could read aura levels, so she looked for hers. There it was. Maestus had close to three quarters of her aura left, and Mathilde's scroll seemed to show that she had around a third left. If it wasn't for whatever it was that stopped her a while ago, someone would have actually been damaged, and it wouldn't have been the one with claws.

Maestus's head perked up when she heard Mathilde mention that she called her lack of control despicable. "You said what? No. No, you can't ever say that to me, especially when I'm trying to hurt you." The android put her head in her hands while she processed the scenario. "You're really lucky. No, that's not what I should be saying right now. Listen, I'm really sorry about all of this. I didn't mean to be an inconvenience at all or a threat. For me, fighting is like... an addiction. One that's more dangerous than any actual drug."

She shook her head and turned to the door. "There's someone I have to talk to about this. If you need a sparring partner, you'd be safer asking somebody else."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum