You are not connected. Please login or register

Just like in the movies [ask to enter] [also your character should probably be of drinking age]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bai Zhang

Bai Zhang
It was just like in the movies, after a particularly interesting day on the job Bai found herself in a local bar. Mosse's Isle, it was called. The place was a good spot not just for their drinks but for the atmosphere of the place. There was a classic feel to the establishment that was so few and far between in this day and age of modernization. In a small alcove at the back of the place a band played some classic but nondescript background music to further set the mood. The lighting in the place was a soft yellow that accentuated everything yet left just enough mystery behind it to give it a sense of wonder. Along the wall just to the right of the entrance was the bar with several classily dressed bar tenders. Across from them the wall had several cut outs for larger tables. The main bulk of the floor was taken up by more moderate sized tables while the floor just in front of the alcove in the back was open for socialization or dancing.

Bai had seated herself in a small table usually meant for three people towards the back of the place. So far she was working on her second long island iced tea and the buzz was already starting to hit her. After all the drink was mostly booze, though she did have a pretty high tolerance for alcohol. But right about now she wasn't worrying about anything other than just relaxing and letting the night happen.

Zrea Airgetlám

Zrea Airgetlám
Zrea had donned one of his nicer suits this day, it had actually become his norm since he got his new job. This one however was a little bit special. There were pockets and compartments hidden very well in the stitching, and within these he kept some of the more traditional gimmicks of street magic. Fake flowers, a set of cards, cleverly designed holes to aid in sleight of hand illusions. Yet for the moment, the guidance counselor was not really in the mood to put on a show. Another day dealing with the troubles of the students lead him to be a fair bit more exhausted than he had thought.

Still for this particular person, the most apt cure for his troubles was the company of other people. And where to do that better than at one of the local bars. Zrea had heard about this place, and had also been invited on occasion. However he had not gone and visited, so maybe this was the best chance to do so. So one last checking of himself, to make sure that his braid had not come undone and a straitening of his cuffs, he entered the establishment.

Instantly Zrea found the place to his taste. The bar had a well traveled feel to it, a character ingrained within its walls and upon the counter. That did not make the bar seem dirty, there was a fine line between those terms that often seemed to get crossed. One of the better touches was the live band, playing a tune that felt familiar even if he could not put a name to the piece. But the best part was that there were people about. And not any that were slumped over drunk just yet either. This put a small spring in his step as he approached the bar. Before he even had a chance to rest his hands upon the smooth polished counter, one of the bartenders had already pegged him out and asked for his order. "Attentive. I like that." He thought to himself before ordering a screwdriver.

Thr orange concoction in hand, Zrea turned around and looked out to see where exactly he wanted to go. The first and obvious choice was the open floor near the band or the tables nearest to that, where a couple groups were chatting or dancing. The other was here at the bar, but sitting and waiting was not something he liked to do. He tilted his head towards the back of the bar next, seeing a couple quiet groups. And a woman sitting by her lonesome.   To the very outgoing magician, it looked to him to be a very saddening sight. Woman or not, nobody should have their drinks alone.

"Would you be interested in some company?"
The counselor asked of the woman, his drink already resting on the table. Zrea knew that it was such a cliché start to a conversation, but he didn't really have anything better to say to start. "Or maybe just some flowers?" He hoped maybe one of those would catch her attention.

Bai Zhang

Bai Zhang
It was about halfway through her second drink. Mostly the lonesome officer watched the crowd and kept herself entertained by playing a little game she had come up with while training to become a detective. She would use everything she saw about a person and try to guess what their life was like and what kinds of things could have lead them up to where they are now. Of course everything she came up with was still a guess but she got pretty good at deciphering certain attitudes in people. By now she could tell that the blonde currently dancing with a more well off looking man was only after a good time for the night. There was a guy at the bar who was probably going through a divorce or had just gone through one based on how he was on this third whiskey and couldn't focus on anything other than the gold ring he had on his finger, though this was an odd place to choose to wallow in his misery.

The front door opening caught Bai's eye and she watched as a well dressed man sauntered in. He seemed to take in the establishment before heading to the bar. Due to the crowd she couldn't see exactly what he ordered though with his height and bright green hair she could keep an eye on where he went. Even in such a nice getup he didn't exactly stand out considering the crowd here was a mix from casual to very fancy. The only reason he caught the detectives eye was that he happened to come in while she was scanning the front of the bar.

A couple singers came up to the stage as the band changed tunes as the green haired man took his drink and went to scanning the place. Was he looking for someone? Perhaps a meet up with a friend? Or something more scandalous? No, it seemed less like he was searching and more like he was simply looking. Though his next move was a surprise as he seemed to be heading for her table. As he walked up Bai took a better look at him up and down. Not too bad, though as he got closer she noticed something was a little off about his clothes. It wasn't something she could point out like a concealed gun or anything but they just seemed off. To the average eye though they would be pretty normal but to the eyes of someone who gets into people's heads as a profession she could notice even minor details pretty quickly.

“Sure, why not?” Bai said with a small smile, her face already slightly flushed from her drink. She was just on the edge of buzzed where her mind was still mostly her own but it wouldn't take too much more before she started to think a little funny, and besides it was always better to drink with someone else rather than by yourself. “Flowers?” she asked with a raised eyebrow.

Zrea Airgetlám

Zrea Airgetlám
Zrea gave a curt nod and one of his best smiles as he pushed the drink further across the table so that it would not get in the way. He gave a single noise of clearing his throat as he stood up strait. "Flowers? Why did I say flowers? I don't remember bringing any with me." The man said, following a small routine with his motions to make sure that the viewer did not suspect the trick. "No that won't do." Zrea patted his sleeves down tight as well as his pants, tight enough to give the impression that there was nothing hidden there. Of course if anyone knew the trick well enough, the sleeves were made to be slightly thicker to give a fuller appearance just so for tricks like this. With a hand he reached behind him, pulling on a hidden string within the cuff. A small spring shot the flowers into his hand just out of sight as he leaned forward closer to the sitting woman.

"A gentleman must never forget to bring flowers for a pretty lady." Zrea said through his smile. He then made the reveal pulling a wrapped bouquet of half a dozen red roses out from behind him. Unlike many of the more gimmicky props, his pride would not let him use anything that could be construed as poor looking. While it had been painful to find anyone who could make them, this prop looked very close to the real article. "For you," the magician offered them to the lady with both hands, and he really hoped that she would take them without being awkward. If she did not he would just leave them on the table as he sat in front of his drink opposite her.

He took a small sip of the screwdriver, and was pleased. Not as bitter as some of the drinks he has been served at other places. Yet they did not cut the liquor's volume down by adding more juice like some cheaper places would have. Zrea was beginning to like this place more and more. It would take a few of these drinks to cause the counselor to stsrt acting in stupor. Hopefully. It had actually been some time since he had last been out like this.

"Why would anyone let you come to a bar alone?" Zrea asked, not actually having meant to let those words escape his mouth. "Or were you waiting on somebody perhaps?" That was always a possibility, though he would not have cared as long as whoever else showed up was not the angry sort. He did not like the idea of conflict.

Bai Zhang

Bai Zhang
Bai watched attentively as the man began his show of patting himself down. She felt like she should have been able to tell what it was about his outfit that was messing with her eyes but the booze probably kept her brain from making the connection to her knowledge and what her eyes were seeing. The detective was just glad she wasn't on duty right now, still didn't mean that she wasn't in danger but the chances were that no one would attack her openly in such a place so her guard was mostly down. But then again it was hard to keep one's guard up when drinking.

A small grin came across the cop's face as the man revealed a bouquet of what looked to be real roses. Now either this guy was actually magic or he just has some rather high quality props for his tricks. Had she been sober this little trick of his would have been enough for her to connect what was wrong with his outfit, she had seen plenty of modified clothes deigned to hide stuff in but the booze was enough to cloud her mind. “Why thank you,” Bai said while taking the offered roses and giving them a quick sniff. Even this close it was almost impossible to tell that they were fake, even the smell was all but spot on of the genuine article.

Placing the roses on to table in front of her Bai took another sip of her drink while watching the man in front of her. He was definitely suave and had an air about him she couldn't quite put to words. The best description that came to mind was confident yet relaxed. Based on his words it was obvious he was flirting with her. Sober Bai wasn't much of one for real romance, despite her love for the genre in fiction works. Drunk Bai on the other hand was willing to get a little flirty.

“It's just me, I'm a bit more of a handful than most can deal with,” the faunus said with a small grin while leaning forward slightly. It would be interesting to see how persistent this guy would be.

Zrea Airgetlám

Zrea Airgetlám
Zrea continued to smile, but what remained was more his normal kindly looking smile. He was glad that he could be here for someone who was on their own. It made that small feeling of being helpful all the better by that person being a woman who was fairly attractive of her own right. His eyes scanned her, trying to discern more information about her just from looks alone, but that became hard as she leaned in and said what she did. He paused for a fraction as he looked into her eyes, but in reply he gave a small bit of quiet laughter as he looked away. For some odd reason anyone calling themselves a handful was amusing to the man from Mistral. "You probably just aren't around the right kind of people. I am curious. Why would you say that?" He asked in a clearly joking tone, but hopefully not annoyingly so.

The counselor would take a quiet drink while waiting for an answer, though he would speak on anyways. Actually now that he was seated he found that some of the props were starting to feel uncomfortable in this suit, as it was more used to standing on the street and making a scene. Zrea had to lean forward, crossing his arms onto the table to keep the thin container containing, smoke pellets from digging into his side any more. With his face just that little bit closer, he could see that the woman's face was already a little flushed. "Has it been that long of a day already?" The counselor had asked, trying to lure her into talking about herself. He had surmised that maybe she was there after a trying length of events much like he was, but could not even begin to guess as to what that entailed. He was far more used to searching a person for the signs of their emotions than he was at picking out other details. It was a habit he had fallen into for years, giving less information than he received.

Still he fell back onto his magic routines to keep things interesting, as they were what Zrea used to calm his own mind. There was a small fancy of a thought that he should go ahead and do this before the liquor made it impossible for him to move his hands in the dexterous patterns that all slight of hand illusions relied upon. "May I see your hand?" He asked calmly, holding out one of his own palm up to see.

Bai Zhang

Bai Zhang
Well it seemed like things were going well. At least laughing was usually a good sign, as far as her visual novels seemed to portray. It really was a good thing she was a little liquored up otherwise this conversation would not be going as well as it was. “Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. Though most guys tend to think a girl's more than they can handle when they find out she's a cop,” She said, picking up her glass by the rim and waving it at the green haired man slightly. If that knowledge scared him off then he was in the same group if guys she just mentioned.

Whatever was up with this guy's outfit it seemed to be bothering him. The way he sat was a little unnatural, probably being influenced by whatever caused his clothing to seem off to her. Even for someone under the influence Bai's observational instincts were still mostly intact. Now connecting the information that she got to what it could mean was more affected by the booze. “Most days are pretty long when you do the kind of work I do,” Bai said while pointing at the green haired guy across from her, “it's not all fun and games like the TV drama's make it out to be.” That was an understatement though. The detective wished her cases could go like the do in the shows. Even if she was one of the better detectives that the precinct had she still got stuck at times.

Bai watched the man hold out his hand and ask for hers. Seeing no reason not to go along with it she held out her left hand for him, palm up. “So you going to read my palm?” She asked with a small giggle, “use some magic to tell me my future?” Her own words made it click in her head. Strange clothing, suddenly pulling out roses. Chances were that this guy was an illusionist of some kind, which could make this night a bit more entertaining than she had expected.

Zrea Airgetlám

Zrea Airgetlám
Zrea froze for the slightest of moments as she revealed to him what her profession was, his drink hovering in the air as his brain had to catch up. Still he was able to play it off with a shiver and set the drink back down. He did not understand why he was worried, he had left the thievery behind when he came to Bellmuse. Or at least he planned to anyways, it was still a bit of fun to take someone's wallet as they walked passed and then give it back as if they had dropped it. "Right, just keep my fingers out of her pocket and nothing will go wrong." Zrea thought, but aloud he said something different. "As long as you don't arrest me for having a good time with a pretty lady, you'll find I can handle a lot." He spoke with no signs of his slight discomfort of the knowledge.

"I can imagine." The counselor replied. "The shows are all about telling a quick story, normally with a happy ending. With what I do, there are days that just kind of glide on by, and others that seem to be a trail set forth by a mad man." He could relate to at least the troubling feeling of a long day, but not to anything else that police work entailed.

With a smile Zrea took the police woman's hand in one of his own. With his other he reached into a pocket at removed a pair of flat silver coins. Cool to the touch he placed one in her palm and held onto the other. "If I could read your future, what would I see?" He asked trying to put a mystic spin on his voice. "Would I be able to see the day of your death, or maybe you winning some great prize. But I would not, because that would ruin the fun. No I'm going to try and have you make that coin disappear just. Like. This." As the magician said the last few words he put his own coin into his fist, and pressed on it hard with one of the finger on his other hand to make it seem like he was shoving the coin in deeper into his hand. When he opened his hands again the coin would look like it had vanished. In truth the coin was grooved in a way to increase the its friction, and it was just pressed onto the back of his hand. Yet with a flourish of movements meant to hide his actions, he palmed the coin back into his hand to hold it back up between a finger in thumb in front of her. "We could make this interesting." He said, knowing that it was such a simple illusion that anyone with even a little practice in magic would know how to do it. So he kept this idea fairly light. "If you can make that coin vanish I'll buy the drinks for the rest of the evening." He did not demand any kind of counter bet to this challenge of his, thinking that it would be to rude as to make her, however if the woman offered one then Zrea would accept.

Bai Zhang

Bai Zhang
Lifting her drink Bai took another sip of the boozed up beverage. The alcohol hit her and she knew that it wouldn't be too much longer before she was truly drunk. Luckily she wasn't the rambunctious drunk as much as she was the flirty kind and since there was already someone in front of her who wasn't too bad of a looker she wouldn't have to go searching for some guy to hit on.

With her hand out on the table she truly was curious as to what it was he planned to do. Most guys didn't even have half the moves this guy had already pulled out and it seemed like he was ready to go all night. "Aww no fortune telling?" She teased him with a half grin while sparing a glance for the coin that was placed in her hand. Watching as he made the coin apparently vanish and then reappear the drunk detective nodded. By now she wasn't able to even notice the tricks he was using, and it was probably a good thing too since it increased the impressiveness of the trick and besides she was trying to have a little fun. And now she was supposed to do the same thing he did? Well Bai had never been one for magic tricks, at least not performing them herself. In fact she was usually the one who spotted how they were done and ended up ruining the fun. But why not give this little trick a go?

"Alright, and if I can't do it then I'll answer any questions you have for me honestly," Bai countered the offer, after all she couldn't let herself be the only one to potentially get something out of this. With her words said she turned to her own hand and closed it tightly around the coin. Unfortunately booze and fine motor functions don't go very well together and the attempt she made at replicating the trick ended in the coin falling from her hand to the table with a nice cling. "Huh... well looks like I lose."

Zrea Airgetlám

Zrea Airgetlám
Zrea chuckled as he was teased by the officer. "I can alway give it my best go if that is what you would like." He joked back, not knowing how he would even start if she called him out on it. It had been a decade since he tried running that scam on somebody, and he had a feeling she would fall for any ploy as easily. Well with her face as flushed as it was, maybe it would. But that would not be as much fun.

"As you wish, I will hold you to that." The magician spoke as he accepted the offer of her wager. In fact he was already feeling a little poorer for posing such a challenge to someone who maybe did not have fine control of her motor functions. It did not surprise him then that he got to hear the clinking of the coin upon the table. His eyes which had been watching her hands had seen the very moment the trick was doomed. Zrea turned his gaze upwards to her face and gave a light smirk. There was no joy in the victory, and he slightly regretted making the bet.

"Well officer. As you said, you lost the bet." Zrea spoke while leaning over the table. "So as per the bet I will ask a question of your deepest darkest secret." He spoke impishly his face a mask of grim humor as he spoke, yet this turned into something more playful as he spoke again. "Now if you could tell me the name of the beautiful woman sitting in front of me, that should suffice." Yet Zrea was not finished with his questions, after all he figured that she never put a limit as to how many he could ask.

The green haird counselor finished his drink quickly, not that there was a whole lot left. Maybe he had taken way to long between visits to a bar and now he could feel his face burning. At least he was still able to think. Sort of. The thoughts hard started to slow for Zrea, yet he acted mostly on impulse now. Almost as fast as a heartbeat he stood, and he bowed next to the woman. "I would also like to know if that same woman knows how to dance?" He posed suddenly, probably brought on by a change of song.

Bai Zhang

Bai Zhang
Two grey eyes stared at the fallen coin on the table as though the information they were reeving hadn't quite been processed by the brain yet. And in truth the booze was slowing down the process. "Huh," Bai said as she watched it come to a rest on one side. Well she never had been one for magic anyway. Though she was sad that she had missed her chance to get free drinks for the rest of the night.

"Yup, so ask away then Mr. Magic," Bai said as the nickname came to her head. She thought it was kinda funny but when she was drunk she thought she could be funny at just about anything. "Ooohhh, deepest darkest secret?" Now she was definitely intrigued as to what he was going to ask. The thought that he could be trying to get information from her current case didn't even cross her mind, though it was a possibility. But her training was far too ingrained for something like a little booze to make her start spilling her guts about an active investigation or at least she had hoped. Well that first question was a little lackluster but neither of them had introduced themselves yet to it was as good a time as any. "Bai Zhang," she introduced herself properly.

Picking up her drink she finished off the last of the alcohol inside and watched as her accompaniment stood up and came over to her side of the table. A dance? She never was one for that kind of stuff but being drunk had a way of loosening one up to new ideas. This would either go very well or it would end in her embarrassing herself in front of the whole bar. Either way she stood and took the offer. "We'll just have to find out, now won't we?"

Zrea Airgetlám

Zrea Airgetlám
Zrea holds out his arm for the officer to wrap her arm around with a smile on his face. It was not often that anyone ever took him up on an offer to dance. Most of the women he had asked since he learned how had been to embarrased at not knowing how to dance to even get up from their seats. "Well miss Zhang." He said as she stood to accept his offer. "It will be my pleasure to see."

The counselor would lead her towards the dance floor at a leisurely pace, not wanting to be in a rush with the flushed feeling he already had. It would not have gone very well if he made the mistake of tripping and crashed to the floor with the woman next to him. Zrea though could walk with confidence that was aided by the alcohol in his blood, and he stepped onto the clearing that functioned as a dance floor. He turned with a sudden twist and placed a palm on her waist. The other of his hands slid down her arm lightly to grip her hand in his as the song picks up pace slightly.

"Just mirror what I do. Try and not step on my toes." Zrea spoke softly into the woman's ear with a chuckle. He took a step back, shorter than he would if his partner was well practiced so as to not put to much pressure on the woman. It was actually a reversal of the waltz that he was used to, but he knew that the gentleman role of the dance was the easier one by not going have backwards. In his arms he could watch the very attractive lady and adjust accordingly, leading the turning so that they would not leave the dance area or crash into anyone else. "So Bai. Back to the deep dark secrets. I know it was not part of the deal, but I will answer any question from you as well." The magician put forth in a way that seemed almost like he was daring her to ask. There was not much that he worried about being asked, there was not much left that he would hide from anyone.

Bai Zhang

Bai Zhang
Taking the offered arm. Maybe it was the booze but Bai was never much of a dancer, of course it helped that her partner was pretty hot but again that could also be the booze. Still though with the tricks he could perform she figured he also knew a thing or two about dancing.

Being lead towards the dance floor she could tell she wasn't exactly sober as it felt like she was walking on the deck of a ship in the middle of the ocean. Still she made an effort to keep herself upright. After all making a fool out of herself in front of such a hot guy was not what she wanted. In the clearing that was the dance floor Bai blushes slightly as she felt one of the man's hands on her hip. She had never done any kind of formal dancing, so she just hoped she could retain enough control of her feet to not embarrass herself.

“Alright,” She said while trying to focus on what he was doing. Immediately it was pretty obvious that she wasn't exactly the most deft on her feet right now. Her moves were a bit clumsy but she didn't step on her dance partner's toes so that was good and if nothing else she hadn't fallen over yet. “Oh... well maybe you should start with your name,” Bai said while raising an eyebrow. Being so open like this was a nice gesture but she would like to know the name of the man she was dancing with.

Zrea Airgetlám

Zrea Airgetlám
Zrea could feel what he at first saw as discomfort from the woman almost as soon as he placed his hand upon her hip. Even in his own stupor brought upon by the drink he had, it was clear she was only trying this because she had asked. Partway through the dance, the magician could see that Bai was more drunk than he had thought and slowed the dancing even more to let her keep her bearings. At least she had not stepped on him in any rate, if she was still sober enough to do that then she was not that bad in any case.

When she asked him for his name, Zrea was astonished at his own rudeness. He had not meant to keep such a detail quiet for so long. He stopped their dance, lowering his head and shoulders into a short bow while bringing her hand up to his lips. "I am Zrea Airgetlám." He spoke in a hushed manner so that only the officer could hear. "One who was so delighted to be in your presence that he forgot to introduce himself." It was probably the vodka speaking now as the normal counselor would never have resorted to something quite so cheesy.

With what little grace was afforded to him, Zrea rose and put a single arm around Bai's waist. "I must apologize for bringing you out here, it was my folly to believe that you would enjoy such a recreation when you must have just escaped work." His green hair had started falling out of place as the braid began to wear out over the long day. "I should have asked you if there was anything you would like to do this evening that I may accompany you on?" He raised it as a question as he needed a moment to think.

Bai Zhang

Bai Zhang
At this point Bai was more focused on keeping her balance and not stepping on this guy's feet than anything else. She was glad that he decided to slow the dance down, but still she wasn't exactly sure that she could keep this up much longer. After all she wasn't exactly practiced at dancing when sober so being drunk didn't help anything. At least she wasn't feeling queezy so she had that going for her.

A red blush came across her face as her request for a name got turned around into a compliment towards her. Had she been sober such an act would have gotten him slapped but the booze was effecting more than just her foot work. But for now it worked on her and she was flattered by the compliment.

The short Faunus' blush grew deeper with the hand now placed on her hip. “You talk incredibly fancy, you know that?” She asked him with a giggle while reaching a hand up to poke his chest. No other plans had been made for the night and by now she was pretty sure she wasn't in any condition to do much. Though dancing wouldn't have been her first choice of how to wind down after the day she had. Working under Violent crimes did take it's toll sometimes.

I... think I'm a bit to drunk to do anything.... except maybe go home,” Bai said with a small grin, “but how could I ever make it home in my state unattended.” Of course she was being a bit dramatic but then at least she knew what her goal was.

Zrea Airgetlám

Zrea Airgetlám
Zrea could not help a smile as she poked his chest and gave him what he thought was a compliment at the time. "I thank you milady." He spoke in joke, in honesty he would speak in a normal manner if he was not trying to put on a show for the younger woman. Well at least she looked like she may be younger. With a chuckle of his own to match the giggling of the drunk officer, Zrea gripped the hand that was against him gently.

"That is fair." The magician replied. "I doubt I could do much either." He was not nearly as intoxicated as the woman was acting in his opinion, but the fact that his head felt extremely light made him know that he was not in the best of conditions. With his arm still around her waist he had a moments thought to hurry out the exit without paying. Just a leftover fragment from his childhood actions that was so ingrained in his psyche that the allure of skipping out was almost as intoxicating as the drinks served. But he was trying to make an impression, and a good one, so reluctantly he let his hold on Bai relax as he went up to the counter and paid for his drink, and Bai's as well while he was at it. There was a small decency to the action as he was the one who interrupted her time.

The action did not take long, and as he approached the officer, Zrea offered his arm again. "Would you kindly lead the way? I think I shall escort you home."

Bai Zhang

Bai Zhang
Well so far this night had gone much better than the way she had expected it to. Most the time when Bai went out to drink she ended up back home playing one of her dating sims, some personal time and then crying herself to sleep. Being approached by such a handsome guy this night was the last thing the ever expected to happen. It was a bit of a surprise to her when Zrea paid for both their drinks, a welcomed one though. An idea popped into her head, one that sober her never would have even considered but drunk her thought was a great idea.

And with Zrea offering to walk her home this would be perfect. Her boozed up mind started to come up with a plan. “Right this way then,” Bai said while exiting the bar and turning south towards her place. The walk there was a decent distance since she lived in a cheaper part of town. The area was a bit shadier but a decent place to live once you go to know everyone. As they passed one apartment building she recognized the old lady sitting outside with a cigarette in her mouth. Upon seeing Bai with a man she immediately turned around and went inside, no doubt to spread the rumor that the hopelessly single girl was finally with a guy.

“Well this is it,” Bai said stopping in front of her building, “Why don't you come in for a drink?” In her mind, as it was with the booze altering her thought process this was a good idea. Forget the fact that she was already drunk and they had just come from a bar. Of course she knew it was only an excuse, but it definitely didn't come off that way. In fact it probably seemed like the woman was an alcoholic.

Zrea Airgetlám

Zrea Airgetlám
If someone would have looked at Zrea's face they would have seen the happy small grin on his face. He was delighted to be escorting a girl home, and would say so if asked. The cooler air of the outside made him realize exactly how flushed his face was as well. Damn it had been a really long time since he drank anything. Or maybe it was the cute miss that he was escorting home, that could have caused some of it as well.

He was a little taken back by how far they had to walk. Just as concerning at first was the change of scenery. Had Zrea been the kind of person he acted like then he might have started to get a little fearful as the houses turned towards the kind populated by the less fortunate ones that the thief liked to target. Yet these were the kinds of people that Zrea found most comfortable. The ones he related to the best. Even as such when they walked passed a woman smoking outside he even gave a nice wave of greeting to her, though was not surprised that she went inside. He had glimpsed something, recognition maybe? But was to far out of it to tell.

It was then that they finally came to her building, and he was loathed to leave her be. "It's a nice place from the outside." He said simply, not going to worry about making his words flamboyant any more. "But I think we may have had quite enough to drink already Bai." He was not worried about any pretenses of her asking, but also was a little to thick in the head at the moment because of his inability to withstand the booze to understand the implications of what she was asking. "Go on, get inside. It isn't safe out after dark." Zrea moved to pat Bai's backside to hurry her along, slipping one of his trademark playing cards into a back pocket with the number to his scroll written on it. It was never the plan to actually use this, but he had written it out long before actually entering the bar. The counselor just kind of stood there waiting patiently for her to go where it was safer, and would leave when she did of there was nothing else.

Bai Zhang

Bai Zhang
Damn it... Bai mentally cursed herself. Of course he didn't want to come in for drinks. Hell she was already drunk, that much she could tell on her own. But wait... did he really not get what she was trying to insinuate? No, it was probably that she was too drunk to get her message across. Wait... he had some drink too didn't he? Did he have beer goggles earlier and now that they wore off he just didn't find her attractive? “Well... goodbye then...” she said while stumbling towards the front door. Feeling a hand on her backside she didn't quite know how to take it.

Making her way inside and up the elevator to her floor Bai's mind was in drunken overdrive. Was she really not that attractive? She thought she wasn't bad, sure she didn't have some of the curves that men seemed to like so much but it was just a side effect of working out as much as she did for her job. Well that and genetics meant she wasn't as stacked as some. But still she wasn't that ugly was she? As she made her way into her room and onto her bed she still worried about these things.

The next morning was heralded with a splitting headache. As she rolled out of bed Bai knew that she had a bit too much to drink, though she was glad that she at least remembered last night. As she made for the shower and took off the clothes she was wearing a playing card fell from her pants. Looking down and picking it up it was a normal old playing card except for the fact that it had a scroll number written on it. So... maybe he did find her attractive?

[exeunt]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum