You are not connected. Please login or register

When fate strikes at us (Déléos & Madis)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Déléos

Déléos
The sun is high in the sky and the heat has become overwhelming, the passers-by are clustered close to the bar and other beverage vendor. In a small bar almost empty is a man sitting on a stool drinking beer, he stands out a lot of other people because he wears a black trench coat with a sword on his back. The empty look that the man had, made the other person go away from him and for good reason because the people who had the courage to get closer to him saw a black wolf pendant with blue eyes that is the mark Of one of the most feared criminal bounty hunters who is known as: Big Bad Wolf. A ruthless man killing everything that had a premium big enough to interest him.

'What a rotten day, I have no cigarette, the contact I had for a job is not show and now I drink in this shabby bar while waiting for the day to pass,' thought Loghan.

A man approaches Loghan and places his hand on the shoulder of the young man. Loghan turns his head to see a man in his thirties with a confident smile on his face.

"You've drunk enough here, now get out of here before you get dirty." The man asks.

"I do not see why I should leave, I'm here so if you could let me finish my beer quietly it would be really good," Loghan answers calmly and tiredly.

"You're going ..." The man did not have time to finish his sentence as his face met the bar in a very violent way, Loghan looks at the man who is now on the ground and who Hold his face, he sighs before speaking.

"Listen, dude, I had a particularly rotten day so I strongly advise you to leave before I decide to kill you to pass the nerves. I imagine I was clear enough." But it was not a question, at the end of his sentence Loghan's eyes became ghostly blue and a black smoke came out of his eyes to show that he absolutely did not laugh.

In a howl of terror the man left the bar, Loghan sits down on his seat and continues his beer.

'I wonder what's going to happen to me today?' Thought Loghan

Madis Aster

Madis Aster
Really there was nothing that could have prepared Madis for the intense heat that seemingly aimed to scorch your soul within your body and apparently it was like this most of the time here in Bellmuse. Unless it was raining, the summers were incredibly harsh and the fact that the woman was a calamari faunus of all the races she could have been made her tolerance to the heat lesser than most. At least she was glad that she didn't have bits of fur covering her skin. Maybe in some cases it would offer some sort of minor shade, but surely nothing that would be enough to fight this burning brightness in the sky. But, while the temperature was something annoying to deal with on this day, the clear sky did manage to attract the squid lady to the middle of the bustling city of Bellmuse. While she would say that it was for a scouting mission that she had come all the way here, she in fact walked all the way out here from her lair still in construction for some shopping. Why would she need to scout the area herself when she had people to do the job anyway? This was a day for herself and herself only, although she knew full well that there was at least one of her agents watching her from the shadow in case something was to happen.
Rocking a black tank top and a nice little white skirt and her hair tied in a high ponytail, Madis was walking down the street, fan in hand and waving it in her face to stay cool, in hope that she would be able to find a place to rest for a bit and maybe grab a bit somewhere. She had been walking all day after all and under this heat the risk of a heatstroke would only increase by the minute. While looking around the different shops and restaurants in the vicinity, the woman was nearly pushed to the ground by a man, screaming and running in her direction. He bumped into her so violently that he nearly tackled her. "You could watch where you're going dumbass!" Mumbling to herself after the man wasn't in sight anymore after turning the corner of the street, Madis looked forward trying to figure out why this man seemed to be running for his life when she shrugged it off and entered the next establishment that she came across, which was a small bar who had so little clientele at the moment that it seemed like the perfect place to cool off. Plus, a beer or two with this heat sounded like a great idea. Plus it felt like forever since she last had a drink so it would definitively taste even better than usual. Making her way inside, the young woman had already attracted the attention of some patrons of the place, to whom she waved innocently with a smile as they returned to their drinks. Looking around for a place to sit, she saw that the bar was mostly empty, except for one man with a coat and a sword. Under her breath she mumbled and questioned herself as to how someone could wear something like that with the heat outside. She was barely wearing anything and felt like dying!
Shaking her head to come back to reality and stop thinking about the heat, which would prove hard with the man's attire reminding her anytime her eyes would wander in his direction, Madis looked at the bar to see where she'd sit. She didn't want to sit right next to the man, especially since once on side there was blood on the counter next to him so it didn't seem inviting, so she walked a bit, her white tennis shoes making an annoying noise against the wooden floor, and sat at the end of the counter before ordering a nice cold beer from the bartender. The old man gave her the bottle and a glass and began to poor the girl her drink as she gave him a smile before he returned to clean the counter from the blood splatter. Taking her first sip in probably years, the young woman sighed and shivered in delight of her cold beverage as she drank half of the glass without noticing. This was the way to fight the heat.

Déléos

Déléos
The bar was silent after the demonstration of strength that the old man had just provoked before, at least it would have remained so before a woman enters the bar. Loghan senses the woman's look at him repeatedly and thinks with a great dose of enthusiasm.

'Maybe this is my contact for the contract. Finally !' Thinks loghan, but this woman, whom he would describe without hesitation as 'very beautiful', has not come to speak so she must just be a passer-by who has come to have a drink. Loghan turns to the exit to give the impression that he is looking at something, but he seeks to see the reaction of the woman if she sees the pendant because often when a woman as she enters a seedy bar it is either Looking for someone either she's just a civilian and has nothing to do with the criminal world.

"Barman, I'd like another beer please." Loghan asks. But his scroll began to vibrate, with a single movement he took the scroll out of his pocket and looked at the message.

"You're not serious! Are you kidding me ?! We do not cancel a contract like that !!" hitting the scroll on the table because of the frustration, the scroll does not break but loghan was really annoying what prompted other customers to push themselves further Possible of him.

'What a shitty day!' Think loghan while leaving the bar by paying for the two beers even if he only drank one. He happily finds a cigarette in an old package in his pocket and sits on the bench next to the bar and smokes for that calm.

'It's not like I've chosen this life ...'

Madis Aster

Madis Aster
The small establishment in which Madis had set foot to rest seemed to be the kind of place to not attract many new customers and rather was a place where the patrons knew the owner from the good old days when they were younger. Nonetheless, the place looked rather simple yet pleasing to the eye. Wood frames all around the bar, nice paintings hanging from the walls depicting different locals all around the world, the wall behind the barman covered in shelves with fancy bottles all over. This place clearly shown a love for the world and its beverage, maybe the owner of the place used to travel and now he settled in Bellmuse with his little bar in hope to make a living. While the girl was looking around and imagining the story of the business, she brought her fingers to the glass bottle still containing a fair amount of cold beer in it before bringing it to her neck which was in contrast really hot to the touch. By doing this she hoped to cool herself up a bit more than by simply drinking, but her action had more effect than expected. With the condensation forming from the difference in temperature from the container and her pink skin, droplets of water began to drip from the bottle directly into her bosom, the clear liquid pearling down until it would disappear from sight. The display sure got the attention of some patrons have been found staring at her with the stupid and innocent face of children. Although it didn't bother her, if she noticed it at all that is, it wouldn't be the first time she would had that kind of gaze oriented in her direction after all.
With her mind still adrift in stories, she didn't notice that the man sitting not too far from her receiving a message, but the young woman sure came back to reality when he slammed his gadget against the counter of the bar before paying and leaving outside when he sat on a bench. Madis stared at him the whole time as he seemed quite infuriated and she asked the bartender what happened to which he replied that some sort of contract had been canceled on him or something like that. Since he wasn't giving much attention to the man, for some unknown reason, he was as surprised as she was from the sudden uproar. Looking at the counter, the pinkish girl saw that the man in the coat had left his drink on it before leaving. Drinking down what was left of her glass and picking up her bottle as well as the guy's, she began to head outside, forgetting to pay for her drink but the barman didn't stop her, as if he already had been paid in some other way.
Walking towards the guy sitting and smoking, Madis noticed that the wind had decided to show itself, making the hot day a lot more bearable than it was earlier. Moving her hand forward with the man's beer in it in order to hand it to him with a smile on her face, her head tilted slightly as she began to speak. "I find it easier to deal with a hard day with a nice drink at hand, plus it would be a waste since you already paid for it right?" Waiting for him to pick the bottle from her hand, or not and in that case would keep it for herself, before walking to the other end of the bench and lean against the armrest, facing away from the man as she drank from her own beer.

Déléos

Déléos
Sitting on the bench he heard a woman talking to him, he turned his head to see the woman who was in the bar a few minutes before handing him the beer he had left on the bar in his excess of rage and frustration. It is surprising that someone approaches him that close or speak to him, but it was refreshing.
Loghan looks at the beer and decides to take it, he looks at the beer and then with a fluid movement he drinks half of it, sighing has the feeling of cold liquid sliding gently in his throat which gives him a slight feeling of well-being.

Loghan looks at the street for a while, watching the passers-by go and come at will, the noise of the merchants and cars, after a minute of contemplation he rises from the bench and removes his sword as well as coat reveal a lean but relatively muscular stature molded by a black shirt. He puts his things on the side of the bench and then he sits down next to the woman.
He then decides to speak to her.

"Thank you for bringing my beer and I'm sorry if I disturbed you, it was not my intention. Let's say I really have a bad day and after this message I really hate this day, but first it would be more polite for me to introduce myself. My name is Loghan Bloodfall, what's your name?" Loghan asked before taking a sip of his drink.

Madis Aster

Madis Aster
With the air slowly cooling down with the wind travelling the streets of the city, more and more people seemed to get out of their houses to enjoy the beautiful sun while also doing any late groceries that some may have postpone due to the heat. Madis was there, watching as the people walked around, entering and exiting buildings and circulating the concrete area like ants in their nest. It was a nice sight in some way, maybe it was how everyone looked so busy yet all seemed out of it, like a bunch of innocent children. It made the woman smile as she thought that Bellmuse might have been an easier target than first thought, at least based on its population, maybe the huntsmen that were occupying the academy would prove to be a bigger threat to her plans.
The voice of the man behind her made the light-skinned girl turn around to face her interlocutor, to whom she smirked as she saw more of his body under that trench coat. He was definitively a dashing man, too bad his earlier tantrum gave him the look of some thug, ruins the charm he has. He introduced himself as Loghan and apologized for his recent uproar. She shook her head with a smile before moving to sit next to him on the bench, right between him and his stuff before crossing her legs and returned the introduction. "I'm Madis and you don't have to apologize to me. You may have surprised me by slamming down your device, but I know full well how a shitty day can do to a good mood. So don't worry about me really." The girl then brought her bottle to her lips and drank swiftly what was left in it before gasping in delight at the cold beverage. Leaning forward slowly, Madis extended her arm and placed the now empty glass bottle next to her feet before siting back up.
A light reddish hue was now covering her cheeks, surely from the alcohol she had. Sure she only drank one beer, but being a calamari faunus didn't gave her the best resilience to that kind of beverage. The heat of the day and the fact that she didn't ate much all day surely didn't help, but the girl was far from being drunk. Moving some of her hair away from her face as she turned to face Loghan and let curiosity get the best of herself. "Say, what was that canceled contract about? You got a pretty nice body and look really strong, but if my brain serves me right, that sort ain't used as a construction tool~" She giggled slightly, her gem-like eyes turning to look at the sharp object that was next to her. She wasn't really expecting the guy to answer her, but it was worth a shot asking right?

Déléos

Déléos
The woman next to Loghan is presented under the name of Madis, but also she does not seem to hold alcohol which causes Loghan to laugh a little. The question about his activities disturbs him a little because most of the time people run away from the moment they know his job.
Memories come back to him from all the deaths he has left throughout his life, all those lives taken in order to earn enough money to survive and no longer have to starve every day, but when to kill is the thing That you know how to do best and that this gift allows you to live properly for several years why would loghan stop it.

A life of butchery which begins because of a man then when Madis speaks of bad day Loghan wanted to laugh, to be abandoned in a forest infested of Grimm at the age of ten and to have its aura to unlock at the same time n ' Is not the best day he has ever lived but he could tell Madis that he really is after all he risks that she is trying to kill him, she would not be the first one to want to do it.

Loghan took another sip of his beer before calmly responding to Madis.

"This is my working tool but let's say I'm more into eliminating more harm than building. To make it simple I am a bounty hunter but I am more known under the name of The Big Bad Wolf, the pendant that I wear around the neck is a distinctive sign that allows my customers to recognize me easily during appointments. But I warn you that if you want to kill me after knowing who I am ... "Loghan looks at Madis in the eyes before finally saying.

"Stand in line like everyone else. "

Madis Aster

Madis Aster
Madis' question was met with a long silence as Loghan seemed to be lost in thoughts all of a sudden. She wondered if it was her fault, as if she would have triggered some painful flashback. The young woman didn't really know what to do and simply waited for him to snap out of it while staring at his pendant, the wolf head with blue eyes. It was a pretty little trinket but didn't seem like it had much value behind it. Something like an heirloom or a similar purpose was surely at the source of the item which made the girl care even less about it. The man next to her then spoke again, giving her only brief information about what he does but it was just enough. She knew full well what a bounty hunter was as her second in command used to be one before joining her.
Following that it seemed like Loghan threatened the woman, which first surprised her before she began to giggle before hitting his shoulder lightly. "You're kidding right? Why would I try to kill you? You're a bounty hunter, you do the dirty work, so what? You think you're scary? Not to me at least, in fact..." Madis slowly shifted on the bench in order to face the man as she slowly nudged herself against him, eyes half closed and her lips near his ear as she whispered softly. "...The Big Bad Wolf, that actually sounds kinda hot~" Backing away slowly with a smile and a wink, the young woman stood up from the bench and began to stretch, her midriff showing off a bit before looking over her shoulder. "I'm heading back inside, one beer was far from enough to quench my thirst from the heat~ Slowly making her way back inside the bar, Madis undid her ponytail, letting her purple hair flow over her shoulders like it usually does before going for one of those secluded tables in the back of the establishment. While it was up to Loghan to decide whether he would join her or not, she would still order herself at least one more beer as she sat down in the booth.

Déléos

Déléos
This was at least the most surprising reaction Loghan saw when Madis spoke to him but the little flirtation did not interest him at all but chatting with her did him good, he watched Madis go back to the bar but he did not Follows, he looks at the pendant before removing it and put it in his pocket.

'What a strange woman, but I think I might finally have fun, this day can be saved' thinks Loghan with a small smile adorning his lips. He recovers his sword and his coat and then goes into the bar. He sees Madis and sits down beside her, takes a beer and begins to drink quietly.

Loghan remains seated but decides to speak because after all he told Madis who he really is then why not ask her. He turns to her and asks quietly.

"I wanted to know Madis, now that you know who I am I would like to know more about you because not to be shocked by my job it is either that you are really stuffing or that you know the environment of Crime a minimum so can I ask what a beautiful woman like you would do in the criminal world?" Asks Loghan.

'I do not think I have a clear answer given her current state but I can make some deduction depending on what she tells me but I do not want to risk losing an ally either' thinks loghan.

Madis Aster

Madis Aster
With yet again a smile on her face and a flirty wink, Madis waved to Loghan as she saw him enter the bar sooner after her, making sure he would see where she was siting. The barman had brought to the two a couple of beers to be shared and the woman hadn't lost any time before opening a bottle for herself and drinking from it before her companion had reached her. Leaning comfortably on her seat, not caring about what her position her clothes could reveal, the woman began to think back to when was the last time she simple enjoyed some alone time drinking. Sure she wasn't alone this time, but it simply made her reminisce about those moments of the past. Ever since she began her personal quest, the girl had less and less time spent to herself for activities like such. While she was certain to achieve her goal one day, those were fun times that she missed and it was nice to have one of those moments again. The company wasn't bad either~
While they were drinking, Loghan decided to return to Madis the question she asked him earlier about what she was doing for a living. While thinking about what to reply, she couldn't help but giggle and wink at his compliment. "Oh you~ Flattery won't get you anywhere, but keep trying Wolfie~ As to what I do..."[/i] The woman thought about it a while. What should she tell him? She figured she could tell the truth since he did, or at least he claims so. Maybe lie since this guy could end up being a liability if anything bad was to happen. Maybe a middle ground of both? Not looking at him and having her eyes closed, Madis began to explain what she did, of course in a tone that would make her words appear as sarcasm. "I'm an evil mastermind with an army of competent henchmen ready to fight and die for me and I plan to destroy the whole island of Bellmuse before aiming towards Remnant as a whole~" Slowly turning her head towards Loghan while opening but one eye, looking directly at him with her amethyst eye and a smile. He probably wouldn't take her seriously, so she was now thinking of another reply that would be true this time, which wasn't that easy with her brain being slowly clouded from the alcohol.

Déléos

Déléos
Loghan listens to Madis's answer but laughs inwardly as he suspects that behind this phrase may sound stupid or totally ridiculous and unlikely. He looks at Madis and smiles because he may well have found an interesting job for once but goes such as to allow him to participate in her plans or going to let him fall but it would not be the first time. But it seems that somebody does not quite agree.

"You do not need them, or anyone else, you only need me. Who allowed you to survive so many years ago then lays down this beer and goes out of here! "Always this throbbing voice that pierces his eardrums but to prevent Madis from realizing it he drinks his beer .

At the bottom of it he even wonders if she would be able to help him with his problem. For he has seen and lived things which he would not wish to any one, even to his worst enemy. He thinks because if he tries to be Madis could help him found information about his parents, after all he has nothing to lose.

"Tell me Madis, if what you say is true I would like to trade with you, I am ready to offer you my services against information that would be useful but the cards are in your hands. What do you say? " Asks Loghan plunging his brown eyes in Madis's amethyst eyes. He waits for her answer which could have changed everything.

Madis Aster

Madis Aster
By the look of Loghan's face it didn't seem like he bought the woman's story, which was a good thing as she was still safe for now. Although it would have been surprising if someone would have actually bought this as the truth without any proof to back it up so surely telling the truth was the right thing to do. Sighing internally of relief as she drank once more from her bottle, Madis noticed that her drinking partner seemed sort of absent-minded, as if he was thinking about something. She wasn't sure about what it was but she didn't have to wait long in order to know as Loghan came in with an offer, his services as a bounty hunter against information. While his offer seemed solely base on the simple possibility that she would have said the truth about her, it felt a bit weird to her that he would extend such a thing to a perfect stranger.
Looking upward at the ceiling while pondering on the strange and sudden offer, the young woman wondered if she would really be getting anything from all this. Sure Loghan looked like he could handle himself in a fight but she already had a lot of combat ready people working for her and while one more set of arms couldn't do harm, she didn't know who this man really was. Knowing every single one of her underlings was something Madis proudly did to be sure she knew who she was dealing with, but in this case it was harder. With him being a bounty hunter, she wasn't sure if he was working for himself, taking any contract that would get him enough money to live by or if he worked for the good guys and hunted criminal. The latter option would be a real problem. Anyway, it's not like the pink-skinned girl would be able to handle her end of the bargain anyway. Having only arrived but recently in Bellmuse, information was the one crucial thing she was lacking, so there was no way that she would know whatever he would have asked her. While she had the resources to seek out information, she could spend to spare them for someone she didn't know.
Turning to face Loghan with her expression not as jovial as it was moments ago, Madis slowly shook her head as to decline his offer. "I'm sorry Wolfie, but unfortunately I'm new to this island. I've been here for only a couple of days, I couldn't possibly know the things you would ask me. What I have in manpower I seriously lack in knowledge of any kind. Sorry I can't help you..." Making a pouting face to show how bad she felt, even if just in jest, she really tried to look sorry as best as she could.

Déléos

Déléos
Loghan looks at Madis and is quite disappointed but he can not help life is like that so he decides not to answer and drink his beer quietly. He laughed a little before speaking.

"It's funny even if you arrived in Bellmuse not long ago because I do not come from here, I'm from Vale but I have quite a lot to travel through Remnant but let's say it's not Is not really a choice, it's more to find a man who is very known to the criminal world and you have necessarily heard about it since it is Adam Taurus. "Loghan finishes his sentence but one Man approaches him and points his pistol against the temple of loghan.

"So that's why a mutant like you is in Bellmuse, I'm glad to have found you, when I bring your head to the leader he will reward me well." The man laughed at his 'exploit' But Loghan began talking to the man in his cold, monotonous voice.

"You know, man, when you point your weapon at someone, be sure to pull the trigger." The man could not reply that a quick movement loghan recovers his sword, draws and slices the hand Man, disarm him at the same time, loghan stand there ghostly blue eyes and that black smoke always present when its semblance is used. Oum knows just how much Loghan hates this. The silence settles in the bar, a silence of death that Loghan hears too often. He approaches Madis and takes his beer before going to pay it, he turns to give Madis a friendly smile before telling her.

"I'm sorry but I do not think I'm welcome anymore, so I'll leave but if you need the big bad wolf you know how to find me." He said pointing at the piece of paper next to Madis where phone number is exclaims. He hands over his trench coat and his sword.

"Good day to you." Loghan said one last time before leaving the bar.

Madis Aster

Madis Aster
While still looking as if she was feeling bad for not being of any help, Madis brought her beer to her lips before taking a few sips as she listened to Loghan as he explained that he came all the way from Vale in the search of a man and by the name alone she knew on which side he was fighting. The young woman knew that if she'd meet this man in a fight it would be on opposite team. It was a bit sad, he seemed like a nice guy to hang with and he didn't look like he was against her flirty attitude. Ah well, she had just arrived in town so she would probably find someone to play with at some point.
After he explained where he came from, which was somewhere precise unlike the woman who basically lived on the sea, constantly on the move, some random guy came and threatened Loghan and before she could know exactly what was happening the assaulting guy was missing an hand. Crawling under the table, not because she was scared but because she didn't want to get any blood on her clothes, she could hear her drinking companion saying that he was leaving since with this situation it was pretty normal for him to be despised by those around. The lilac girl waved from under the table, completely ignoring the screaming man not too far from her before she stood back up when she figured she'd be fine.
Apparently Loghan had left his infos on the table on a piece of paper. While she was tempted to just leave it there, what harm could it really do if she picked it? Also that bleeding guy might want to use it for himself and she wouldn't let something like that happen, whatever "that" would be. Picking the piece of paper and hiding it in her cleavage, the squid lady took her beer and finished it quickly before leaving the bar and it's patrons. Reaching the street she looked around to see if Loghan was still somewhere to be seen, but no, he had left too quickly. Sighing as she was now alone, Madis began to walk down the street while singing softly to herself. Maybe she'd see him again, maybe not, only time would tell.

-EXIT-

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum