You are not connected. Please login or register

Couple questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Couple questions Empty Couple questions Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:27 pm

Isacara Azuria

Isacara Azuria
Races: Are there any mechanical differences between being human or Faunus? In the Canon Faunus at the least had nightvision, and Tukson also had retractable claws. Can anyone elaborate for me how far one can go with that? Also, are there any number-related differences?

Weapons: Does a shield like Jaune's count as a weapon? Can a new member wield two weapons, such as a pair of daggers?

EXP: What does XP do? I haven't seen anything in the rules and such that tells me what I use XP for.

Hope these questions aren't too bothersome.

2Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:25 am

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
Race: Depends on the faunus. If the animal you pick for a faunus has those features, then yes. Tuckson had the claws as his special feature for the wolverine. Obviously if you have a dog faunus, night vision isn't really gonna be your thing. But no, they do not effect any of the numbers in any way. The same goes for the Android race.

Weapons: No, the shield counts as Armor. And yes, you can have two weapons as one item as long as they are twins, such as those two daggers. Because of the way that weapons can get forms added to them, we do not allow two completely different weapons. Like you cannot have a pistol and a separate dagger.

EXP: there should be some explanation in the weapons and dust topic in the rules, but EXP is used to upgrade literally everything you have.

And no, these questions were not a bother in the slightest. ^-^
I hope this helped

http://www.rwbyrpg.com

3Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:38 am

Isacara Azuria

Isacara Azuria
I thought that was what Lien is for.  What is Lien for if XP is for upgrading?

And yes, this is helping.

Edit: Nevermind, answered my own question. My brain tried to speed through, Lien is to buy the initial item, XP is for upgrades. Got it.

4Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:40 am

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
Lien is for buying items, dust, and weapons/armor if you do not already have them.

5Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:04 am

Isacara Azuria

Isacara Azuria
Is there a rule against using the likeness of the RWBY cast, if one has them recolored?

Can one spend XP to increase their base statistics? Brawn/Agility/Speed/Spirit?

I'm still not entirely sure I comprehend the combat. Let me set up an example scenario.

Izzy has a level 1 weapon, and we'll assume she has 3 in every statistic for pure example purposes.

She's fighting an opponent who has 5 strength and 5 spirit, and 2 in agility and speed, using a level 1 weapon also.

Can you walk me through how that fight would work out?

6Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:02 am

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
Recolor is still using the character as the face claim, and therefore is not allowed with any of the canon characters.

There is no current way to increase the number of points one has to give to different stats.

As for your combat scenario, what part of combat do you not understand, so that I can configure the easiest way to explain things? Is it the way damage works, the role playing itself, etc.?

7Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:10 am

Isacara Azuria

Isacara Azuria
The reason I laid it out as an example scenario is because I am not sure I understand any part of the process.

Is there a limit on how much damage one can do per post, how does one dodge(I didn't see any numbers giving agility or speed any numerical/mechanical benefits in a combat scenario), are hits landed via a die roll or honor system or does every blow land?

Thanks for the other answers. So recolouring Pyrrha would be a no-dice. I'll have to look into getting a different character recolored then. Thanks on that.

I'd like to suggest that we be able to increase those base statistics somehow in a future patch of your system or something, but it's not a huge deal on my end.

8Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:43 pm

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
First to get this out of the way, yes, we are aware of the issue with AGT/SPD. We are working on it.

~Anyway~ Everything is based on honor system, yes. Everything has to be justified. In your scenario, you do 25 damage with your weapon, but the person with the 5 in strength can take 25, and since the minimum damage is 5, you would do 5 damage with every hit. In this situation, I would utilize my faster speed and hit the opponent with my semblance, which would do more damage, while also trying to chip away his HP with my weapon, so that I don't run out of AP. you can hit someone as many times as you want, as long as every strike is justified.

Of course, this is all subject to change very soon, but that is the best that I could explain it. I hope I Didn't confuse you more. >-<

9Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:50 pm

Isacara Azuria

Isacara Azuria
So, there is no third party abitrating this and whether or not a strike lands is honor system, not a rigid system?

Just clarifying so I understand how to design the character, as I'd rather not wind up at a mechanics disadvantage because I misunderstood it.

If I create a character now, and the system changes in such a way that I'm no longer satisfied with how my character works in that system, we will be allowed a retool once that change occurs?

10Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:55 pm

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
The staff is the third party. Since combat is done on honor, staff goes around and makes sure that no one is godmodding or meta-gaming, and things are physically possible (in this world of semblances and whatnot, of course).

If the rules change drastically to the point where site mechanics change, yes you will be able to reconfigure you character, as will everyone else. For example, when we eventually fix stats, everyone will be able to change their stats as they see fit.

11Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:07 pm

Isacara Azuria

Isacara Azuria
Okay, so the staff checks each thread where battle occurs to ensure no cheating is done, but doesn't directly do rolling or anything yet.

Understood. Just clarifying on that rework point because some other forums I've been on flip-flop on whether any given mechanical change allows a retool or not.

12Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:33 am

Isacara Azuria

Isacara Azuria
Questions on the lore of your setting. How old is Bellmuse? Is having someone born and raised there feasible to be a student? How connected is it with the rest of the Remnant? How pervasive is the Grimm infestation in Bellmuse? Enough to get close to Mountain Glenn or whatnot in Season 2?

13Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:08 pm

Isacara Azuria

Isacara Azuria
Bump?

14Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin

15Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:29 pm

Isacara Azuria

Isacara Azuria
Read that, which is what prompted the questions.

16Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:04 pm

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
Most of your answers are there. Howeer, there is a benefit to having things explained in multiple ways, so I will do my best.

Story wrote:Four kingdoms stepped up and began to train hunters and huntresses, eventually becoming like beacons of light to the entire world. Bellmuse was not one of these Kingdoms. However, it wanted to join in on the action, to help bring hope to Vytal and Remnant through the Grimm and Darkness.
Bellmuse is about as old as The other four kingdoms (Vale, Atlas, Mistral, Vacuo).

Yes, it is very possible to be born and raised in Bellmuse, The island is pretty large.

The only real connections between Bellmuse and the rest of Remnant are the fact that many students and and such come from the other kingdoms, and that The kingdom itself wants to be like the other beacons of light. Maybe some trade routes, I suppose. Bellmuse tries to be independent, y'know? Not to say that there will NEVER be a stronger connection between the kingdoms plot wise, but we just haven't gotten there yet. Gotta start small. We're still in our first year, after all.

Story wrote:Still, with the growing number of lurking Grimm, the kingdom could not afford to waste time. The Grimm were finding themselves in towns and villages, endangering all. They needed to be put to an end.

The Grimm infestation got bad enough for the king to want to build a school to train hunters. Not as bad as Mountain Glenn though, The island isn't in ruins.

17Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:14 am

Isacara Azuria

Isacara Azuria
Thanks. Part of the reason I asked was I saw that primer was over a year old, and assumed something would have happened within that time, and age was important. I just wanted some specifics.

Would it be feasible for a village in Bellmuse to fall prey to a Grimm outbreak? Or is it rather well handled, with such things being pretty much unheard of?

(I'm working on thinking through her potential backstory, as the character usually... doesn't have one I ever flesh out.)

18Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:24 am

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin
Initially, yes something would have happened between now and a year ago, but in June the entire site rebooted, and any plot that was going on was wiped from existence. Since then, we waited a bit for people to join this time before jumping into plot, and we are now in the middle of our first sitewide plot. Said plot should be seeing mention on that thread within the month, really, as most of it happened in December/January.

Also, yes you can have a village fall to grimm. Like I said, The island is a big place. Bellmuse City is not the only town/city/village on it. It just happens to be where the school is. The fact that the kingdom had to open a school last year to stop the attacks proves that they did not have too much control over the situation.

19Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:38 pm

Isacara Azuria

Isacara Azuria
Alright, cool.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum