You are not connected. Please login or register

Out for a walk.(Closed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Out for a walk.(Closed) Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:48 am

Markus Barnett

Markus Barnett
Markus walked the halls after the classes for the day had concluded, not really with a sense of purpose but he thought it would help with get a better layout of the school so he wouldn't have to worry about losing his way later. He wasn't really in any sort of deep thought, he was a bit excited that he did run into a few people that seem to be solid fighters so that would make the year more interesting. During this is actually lost track of where he was exactly while he considered if he'd want to actually try to make a team with these people since it might make for better sparring partners or if he wanted to avoid them so when the chance came up the match would feel more worthwhile to him.

The halls were mostly empty at this point but he did get the odd look, he guessed mostly because he didn't actually have a reason to be walking around like this so he seemed a bit out of place compared to who he only guessed for the regular club goers of sorts, assuming this school had clubs. He didn't really care as he couldn't really think of a reason someone would stop him for talking a walk before supper.

His mind wondered back to a team, needless to say he was going to be put into a team with three other members soon and that was something that he really should take seriously as it's going to dictate the rest of his time here, of course he was likely going to be part of a team that needed to be physically strong but he knew he would go a long way towards covering that. Realistically he should be trying to take an interest in working with someone who is Dust savvy so they can cover his back and he could learn more from them. I might be thinking too much, it's a problem to tackle later He decided to himself as he closed his eyes for a few minutes just looking to relax.

Last edited by Markus Barnett on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:13 pm

Laxus Castrea

Laxus Castrea
Daemon was running quite quickly through the halls of Syne Academy looking for the training grounds to practice using his semblance.  He figured he was going the right way after being directed by a group of guys who seemed to find something rather funny in the process. Due to his complete naivete of trusting people he hadn't noticed the guys were fooling him sending him the opposite direction. With his weapon on his back he was beginning to near the end of the other side of school before noticing the training grounds were no where in sight. He had decided to stop running after realizing he was tricked and not only that lead to a practically empty hallway with the exception of one gentleman that seemed to roam aimlessly deep in thought.  

Taking a moment to contemplate asking this stranger for help after his last ordeal he reluctantly began walking for staying silent as to no disturb his thinking process until Daemon was noticed. Well his plan to stay silent was interrupted as the chains from his weapon smacked together causing a rather small yet clearly noticeable clattering noise of metal. Knowing his cover was blown he decided to speak up before the man thought his behavior was suspicious,  Uhh... Hello, My name is Daemon Marvell. As Daemon began to observe the young man right in front of him he started to feel a sense of slight familiarity as if he had known this man.

After a brief moment of thought Daemon had realized just who this person was, "You're Markus Barnett from first period, Grimm 101 right?" It was not often that Daemon got to meet new people so he had decided to remember those that could be an essential ally or group member in the upcoming future. Sure enough Markus could tell Daemon was a faunus as anyone could since he made no attempt to hide it but how would Markus be able to handle this that was Daemon's question. The tail in which he often let hang free now crept up his back seemingly rapping itself around his waist to form something in which looked like a fancy belt as he waited for his classmates reply.

3Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Markus Barnett

Markus Barnett
Markus was snapped back into the real world but a combination of the jingling of some metal and the voice of another boy. He wished he could say he wasn't really blind sided but he really wasn't paying attention. "Uh, yea. I am." He simply answered back, he hadn't really had the time to form any real reply yet so that was the best he had come up with. "We haven't really met, you must have a pretty good memory." He added shortly after, honestly maybe he was just back with names since he couldn't really claim to remember more then one or two and this guy honestly wasn't one of them, he wasn't even sure he actually had a class with the guy but he assumed the guy didn't have any reason to lie about that.

Now that he had more time to look at the boy he was able to pick out a few details he hadn't taken notice of before, he was a faunus for one not that it particularly bugged him, he couldn't really claim any bad run ins with a faunus personally and they were supposed to be on the same side right? He also carried a weapon with him, not that others didn't but he didn't see the point personally since he didn't really take any Grimm threat serous here and from what he saw so far today most people were not inclined to pick a fight with him. He had heard that some people really have a disdain for faunus so maybe he was over thinking and it was just for self defense.

"So were you looking for something?" he inquired perhaps a little bit out of the blue but from what he could tell that seemed like the only reason he'd be around, everyone else had left and judging by the time it was likely to go eat. He was only still around because he had been looking around himself before he was going to get a bite to eat and if it was the case that he was looking for something Markus felt he have a pretty decent map of the school in his head now from his walk.

4Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:24 am

Laxus Castrea

Laxus Castrea
Daemon stood rubbing his head nervously as Markus began to speak up. It would seem through the way he addressed Daemon that he had little to no idea who he was. That couldn't have been much of a bad thing especially because they have never interacted face to face. To be honest Daemon had an almost perfect memorization of people's names and face when he needs to call upon them but no matter Daemon had to spend time working with his semblance as to not get rusty with his fighting skills. Even though it was time to eat Daemon didn't wanna waste anytime on doing just chilling out hanging with his weapon. Only other hunters could understand the bond between a person and there weapon and how there abilities make us stronger.

But in any case Daemon thought it was safe to tell Markus what he so desired to do, I was trying to find the training grounds so I can practice my semblance. " Semblances are manifestations of ones aura to form a special ability and Daemons was just that his semblance was the slight gift of Ferrokinesis or what most people prefer to call it Metal Manipulation. His ability was rare amongst most people in fact he hasn't heard of anyone else with the ability and in fact it hadn't bothered him. He has preferred to keep his gift a secret or not to use it if not necessary. But as his knowledge and aura grows so does his semblance he at first was only able to manipulate the chain of his weapon... Now it's the weapon itself. His powers maybe useful but it surely does work better with a group so the current question would escape from his brain.

"Oh yeah do you by any chance have a group all lined up or someone in mind for a makeshift group?"

5Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:44 am

Markus Barnett

Markus Barnett
Markus shook his head while he spoke, both to the question regarding his team and his statement regarding where the training grounds are, he might have a good memory but it looked like he had a bad sense of direction. "Well the good news is I do know where the training grounds are but the bad news is you went in the complete opposite direction. It's right next to the gym, that was where I started my walk. I ended it here, on the opposite side of the school." He figured he could show him where it was but he would want to stop at for dinner first.

"So, if you're up for it we can stop back at the dorms and I could grab my Halberd and after supper I'll show you where it is and we could have a quick match." It may have been a blunt offer but he didn't figure it more so then Daemons question regarding him team plus part of him wanted to see what sort of semblance would need continued practice, his own semblance was a sort of natural thing so he could only guess one that required further training must be pretty cool. "I've put a bit of thought into a group, I figure I would be on the lookout for another physically strong individual to help take take some of the blows and a couple people who were more skilled using dust would likely be ideal."

Last edited by Markus Barnett on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total

6Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:06 pm

Laxus Castrea

Laxus Castrea
Daemon would feel and odd sense trust after just asking him to be within a group even more after being told he knew where the training grounds where. But of course he his worries of being led astray were correct, "I'm gonna stab them all with my semblance." There could be seen upon his face obvious signs of frustation. Although he wouldn't let it effect his current situation. "So, if you're up for it we can stop back at the dorms and I could grab my Halberd and after supper I'll show you where it is and we could have a quick match." Daemon had expected as much to be offered help to make his way to the training grounds but he hadn't really thought that Markus would train with him.

Well this was highly appropriate seeing as how they could be future teammates so why not indulge on this deal. This was a little bit worrying because he hadn't want to reveal his semblance to anyone just yet but it seems he has no choice. "Oh yeah man that would be cool what Well if your getting dinner then so should I since I have a reason. I think as far as building the team having to strength based people would be great to protect a Duster. On the other hand we should also look into a defensive person or a medic of some type. Although a Duster would be great I have always wanted to learn how to use it because my semblance uses some sort of psychic ability. So Yeah but hey let's save that for later we should get going.

7Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Markus Barnett

Markus Barnett
Markus took a bit of an interest in the other boys comment, he didn't really get what he had meant by 'stab them all with my semblance' but he was able to piece enough together to gather that his semblance was very offensively minded, if it was as impressive as it was being made to seem then it would could be very worthwhile. He was debating just how much of his own skill would he show during this training session since it might be better to have a harder time dealing with him and keeping his own ace to himself, he had half decided to himself to hold back but it was more likely something to tackle on the spot.

He just nodded while he further spoke, further adding to the type of team that he was looking to form himself, it seemed like he was taking the idea seriously and unknown to him it lined up fairly well with his own ideas. The only mistake he could see what that he assumed that Markus specialized in offense himself. "I'm capable of both offense and defense when needed, defense is actually my forte. What you would actually be envisioning be another member to help handle the offense plus a duster." That was an idea he could get behind, to say the least it would likely be easier to find another competent member to deal with the offense rather then another member to deal with defense or with the ability to heal, finding someone who was capable of healing would similar to striking gold in his mind. "My size makes me a bit versatile in terms of dealing with melee combat." To be honest it also helped that his size made him a lot easier for who would likely be their smallest member to hide behind and it helped that his weapon does a good job of keeping most melee attacks at bay.

Last edited by Markus Barnett on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

8Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:44 am

Eve Naria

Eve Naria
Ni was walking around the academy being bored. She noticed 2 guys standing together just talking. She decided that since she was bored that she would see about practicing stealth so she got to an area close to the ones talking she managed to get into a position to where she wouldn't be seen by them and she just stayed there watching them prattle on about their fighting styles and being on a group. "Hmmm a group.. thats what they are talking about seems interes-" Nilo stopped in mid sentence only to realized she was thinking out loud and her cover was blown. She then thought and made sure it was a thought this time Idiot!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!?!. She realized that now she had to come out of her hiding sop so she did. When came out of her hiding place and greeted the men with "Sup.. I am Nilo Nightfall."

9Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:03 am

Deathstalker

Deathstalker
Deathstalker
Level 4
HP: 200
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There. It saw them a small group of three students chatting in a hallway of the school. The Deathstalker had been poised in the darkness close to a fairly large window for a good couple hours. Even it was surprised that it hadn’t been seen by the student body and taken out before now. But now it could see what it was truly after. Food. It could now clearly see three students chatting inside the ‘safe’ confines of the school casually conversing with each other. Unbeknownst to them however the were being watched by ten softly glowing yellowy orange eyes. This Deathstalker had been silently waiting for the perfect moment to strike for it’s lunch as it observed. Waiting. It waited for a good moment until charging forward and bursting through the window with a thrust of it’s outward claws. Before picking it’s target of the unarmed student and swung at him with a steep swing of it’s rather large stinger.

OOC:

10Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:33 am

Laxus Castrea

Laxus Castrea
Daemon stood watching Markus as he talked about versatility and other thing pertaining to combat in which he would be good in. That was a gift being able to be balanced having defense and offense but Daemon had no time to spend on things of that nature. Oh of course his defense wasn't bad not at all but he felt being more offensively based gave him an edge with his semblance. Learning how to use Dust would certainly make up for lack of diversity in certain areas but there was no one to teach him... Well at the moment at least. As the conversation continued Daemon's ears would began to pick up the noise of a rattling sound behind him which he would dismiss after a while of thought.

"So... tell me more about your weap...

Before he could finish his sentence he would began hearing the sound of a young lady in which seemed to make that noisy he heard earlier. It seemed she was interested in the conversation of forming a group when Daemon managed to hear what was said. He would now turn to face her giving some Well deserved attention. He began scald her for such poor sneaking skills although Daemon hardly noticed if not at all. To be so curious as to eavesdrop on their conversation must be something important so he would start inquiring. "So there Ms. Nilo are you by any chance looking for a group for missions in stuff? What's your battle typing group? Would you so happen to be a Duster? There seemed to be a very strong need for this group here."

BUT wait something was wrong the noise in which he thought was emanating from the young woman was not that at all. This noise seemed much heavier and monstrous like. Within moments of thought Daemon would hear a rather loud crashing noise near the window as a Black Scorpion like figure began crawling rapidly from it's hiding spot towards the group It's eyes placed solely on Markus. Daemon stood frozen for a moment as this was his first real Grimm encounter but now certainly wasnt the time to be freaking out. First things first he needed to notify the others as they still most likely wouldn't be able to notice the thing. First he would point ending all current conversations causing the others to look.

"Hey, guys uhh... We have a big giant black bug spider like problem there."

11Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:34 am

Markus Barnett

Markus Barnett
Simply waving at the girl in response he added a smile as Daemon asked if she were a duster, he wasn't as inclined to create his team right here and now without getting an idea of how strong they were but he'd get time for that later. "Hi, I'm Markus." he added, it seemed like the friendly thing to do without throwing more questions at here, like why was she seemingly eavesdropping on them seemed like a good start.

It was then that Daemon told them they had a problem and Markus turned to see what it was, a Grimm, a big Grimm. It was close and it charging him. Markus wasn't slow and had some pretty good reflexes so he dodged, well he had about enough to time start doing about as much but it was way too close, it just nailed him and send him flying pretty far back. It wasn't really anyone's fault but he had kinda wished that Daemon had yelled or something since it would have likely given him a bit more get up and go from the start.

Well he had just said to himself he wasn't going to pick a team on the spot so this was a pretty good chance to get some test of their skill. "Well, I know Daemon has a weapon on him, I hope you were smarter then me and brought yours new girl since we're going to need your help. I'll keep it busy and you guys focus on damaging it, I going to punch it in the face for that last shot." He smiled and charged the creature, he wasn't 100% confident in his new makeshift team but this was still the school and he sure if they couldn't get the job done he had his semblance in reserve and would be able to last long enough for some back up.

Spoiler:

12Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:52 am

Tess LaCoyle

Tess LaCoyle
Tess strode through the hallway, a faint trail of ozone marking her passage. She was heading to the gym and training room, because for some reason she couldn't shower in her room. After all the work she had done, a hot steamy shower wasn't an unreasonable request - was it?

Was she in a bad mood? Whatever made you think that?

She turned the corner, and was just in time to notwice what appeared to be a flying student with a very sloppy landing strategy. Looking at him as he gave a speech, she looked back to see who he was talking to.

It turned out to be two more students and a ...

"DEATHSTALKER!'. Even as she shouted, her heavy revolvers dropped from their bracer storage mode into her hands and began to rise and track the Grimm.

Smirking, she catches herself, "You guys probably already knew that, though."

13Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:21 pm

Eve Naria

Eve Naria
Nilo saw one of the males was sent flying and she said "Markus you alright?" Nilo looked over to see what had sent the boy flying. She saw the Deathstalker, she was a little shocked to see the beast however she didn't have that much time to be shocked. She pulled out her dagger and started running towards the beast. Once she got close enough she jumped onto to and used her blade to stab one of its eyes. She then jumped off the beast and looked at the rest of the group and said "Well it looks like we are going to have to take it out, lets try to get this over with as soon as we can. We don't want to cause a school wide panic now do we?" She looked at the beast again making sure to keep her eyes on it, waiting for it to attack.

14Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:29 pm

Deathstalker

Deathstalker
Deathstalker
Level 4
HP: 170

After charging through the window and slamming into it’s intended target the Deathstalker had decided to back out of the small confines into the small courtyard to give it a bit more space to move around in as it then saw the unarmed boy charging at him. The Deathstalker gave off an amused click as it swung it’s claw forward to swat him out of the way. It then saw a Faunus just standing there doing pretty much nothing so It swung its tail down to pierce into his shoulder. But then it saw a different faunus jump up and slice into it’s topmost left eye with some sort of knife or shortened sword. Roaring in slight pain as the girl jumped off it’s face the deathstalker at that point just wanted to eat. So it decided to just charge forward and try to flatten anything It could. Hoping that it could crush at least the unarmed one so it could eat.

15Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:10 pm

Laxus Castrea

Laxus Castrea
(Delete This Someone)

Last edited by Daemon Marvell on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

16Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:54 pm

Laxus Castrea

Laxus Castrea
Daemon would watch as this Grimm would lash out ferociously at everyone within it's sites for this tl be Daemons first encounter with a Grimm he handled it horrible whiter it be fear or shear lack of knowledge. He certainly knew one thing for sure he wouldn't let anyone get hurt. He would run forward as the beast advanced on them as he noticed his stinger coming directly for him. Rolling to the right of the beast he had now finally pull out his Weapon. Daemons first goal was to take out the stinger and that's what he would aim to do. As he now regained his footing he would separate to two halves of his twin sword from it's base state. The chain from the combined weapon would jingle as he stepped forward sprinting towards the beast as a white aura began to cover his body signaling the activation of his semblance.

Within a moments notice he would point both blades at the beast as it seemed to be distracted by a rather courageous person. Daemon eyes would began to turn a pure white as his blades began to turn into a rather strange silver liquid still in the original shape of the blade. Using his eyes to focus his psychic control on the left blade, the liquid would split into to halves lashing forward quickly aimed at the beasts stinger like striking snakes only the tip of the branches still solidified for added piercing damage. Daemon's goal wasn't detach the stinger but if he could pin it down he would not complain. He still managed to keep his other blade in reserve just incase he needed a quick escape or a means to help a comrade.

"Guys, I'll work on it's stinger."

Spoiler:

17Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:46 pm

Markus Barnett

Markus Barnett
Markus was clearly aware of the beasts goal, he had drawn it's attention and it was going to keep attacking him looking for an 'easy' kill since he wasn't able to really stand against the thing one on one, luckily he didn't have to actually beat it down, he was just looking to keep it's attention on him as long as possible so the other students could keep dealing some sort of damage to it, even more lucky for him was that this thing had done little more then throw him around a bit at this point and he wasn't in any real danger of injury yet.

"I'm fine, hardly a scratch." He replied to the girl with a thumbs up just in case she hadn't been able to hear him. In response to the charge of the deathstalker Markus had decided to make use of his semblance to help absorb the impact and maybe get enough in him to actually stop the beast. He felt a bit over confident with his aura over his body, it always made him feel like a bit of an immovable force and even if that was with that confidence that he lowered his stance and mentally readied himself to try and grab the beast and throw it to the side, in the back of his mind this seemed a bit crazy even to him and he was expecting the reality of the size difference to hit him like a train but even considering the size of this thing he wasn't weak and no matter how small the gap he might be able to get just low enough to use the beasts own forward momentum to throw it off to the side and really open up a good attack option.

Spoiler:
(His aura won't actually do anything to prevent damage at this point, the boost in defense is just a plot point to reenforce why he feel confident enough to try and stand against a deathstalker.)

18Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty More dakka! Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:35 am

Tess LaCoyle

Tess LaCoyle
Tess calmly lined up a series of shots with Shock and Awe, tracking both the Deathstalker and the group of students who had all engaged it in melee. The smell of ozone was thick in the air as she activated her semblance and boosted her attack with cracking red arcs of electricity and the sound of a Jacob's ladder. At least the monster was a large target and the students were actively communicating and staying in motion, which would give her openings to lay down fire. "I'll support you, just watch yourselves in close! These things are surprisingly fast for their size!"

Her first salvo of 2 shots (one from each revolver) was aimed at the stinger's tail joint, with the intent being to have her heavy rounds damage and shock the same area of the tail the suddenly fluid weapon of the silver-haired fellow was aiming for, impacting just after that flashing silver blade.

Her second and third salvo of two shots each was aimed at the 'face' of the Deathstalker, near where the blue-haired girl had stabbed at it. These were intended to further damage and disorient the creature as the fellow in green attempted what looked to her like the highly improbable task of judo flipping the arachnid monstrosity.

"Anyone think it's mad yet?"

OOC:

19Out for a walk.(Closed) Empty Re: Out for a walk.(Closed) Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:47 pm

Eve Naria

Eve Naria
Nilo got out of the way when the Dethstalker was charging. Nilo then though Well I already did take out one eye.. Might as well do another! Nilo then took a running start and jumped onto the Deathstalker and stabbed out another one of its eyes. However when she went to pull her blade out she realized it was stuck. She tried pulling on it and twisting it to try and get her blade free but it was to no avail. Nilo then though Come on you stupid dagger! Now is not the time or the place to be getting stuck! I know I am not this weak! Just come out already!!! As she was still trying to get her blade to come out of the Deathstalker's eye socket Nilo noticed the tiger boy trying to take out the stinger. She also heard a girl ask if the Deathstalker was mad yet and Nilo replied with "Well if it wasn't then I think it would be mad now!" as she still struggled to pull her blade out.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum