You are not connected. Please login or register

Here and Now [CLOSED]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Here and Now [CLOSED] Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yín's eyes surveyed unfamiliar surroundings. Even after living here several years, she had never been this close to the academy. It was simply another building. The only difference was the people coming out of here could lay you out if you picked fights with them.

More importantly, this was it. Day one. Only things didn't seem to be looking up around here lately. She was late to the semester, and further there was a curfew in effect. She didn't even know why. She shook the loose thoughts from her head. First thing's first. Meet people. Learn the layout. Find out where she would be staying, and what he would be doing... She would have a lot of catching up to do...

Last edited by Yín Sterling on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

2Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:54 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard sat with his back to a wall, raking a clawed hand down his recently shaven face. While he hated shaving he knew he wasn't ready for the commitment that came with a beard, the brushing, the cleaning, and the general maintenance. He hated the feeling the blade had left but it was fading.

Retracting his Sloth-bear claws he let out a yawn, stretching out as he took in the people passing by. They bored him for the most part, many of them giving Richard all the information he needed to beat them in a fight; boys bluffing about semblances and armour, Girls showing off how they could shrink their weapons down to such compact sizes. Why they would give so much up so easily confused Richard but he didn't care, long as it taught him more about his soon to be opponents. He knew most of them well enough, mostly through their showing off but through the crowds someone new caught his eye. Slightly intrigued he reached up and straightened his cap, attempting to hide his face while keeping his eyes on the target. It was rare for him to catch sight of a new face in this boring place so he kept his eyes peeled.

3Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:34 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yín seemed to move with an odd meticulous nature, reflecting a natural caution for an area full of area's she had yet to understand. She seemed to measure every step, and yet was heading no where in particular. It might appear obvious to an astute viewer that she was lost. She's far too proud to go to a stranger for that. Surely there was a front desk. Besides, asking the wrong person could let them paint things in the wrong light. Almost everyone was willing to point out their own personal version of the "bad eggs" in a place. She would hope to watch the student body a while, and decide that on her own.

After a while of aimless wondering, she gave a short lived sigh, and found a place to sit on a bench. Surely the mass would clear out soon to search for a class, or go home, or whatever other business there was to be had, and she would be left to wonder in peace, or at the very least without bumping shoulders with strangers. She was too short to see a clear picture where she was going amongst them anyways.

4Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:23 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard felt himself laugh a little under his breath, the girl was clearly lost. The incredibly short man stretched as he stood, wandering over to the bench. It was obvious to him that when standing the girl would be a bit taller than him so he elected to stand, his back on the end bit of the bench and his elbows resting atop the arm rest.

"You're lost aren't you? Not doing an amazing job at hiding it." Richard looked back at the girl, "You don't look like too much of an idiot, so I take it you're new here. I'm Richard, I'll be your guide through this loud, obnoxious, overly rule making place." He gestured out, toward the crowds of students, yammering away, "So, what do you think of the people you'll be forced to spend the next however many years. Every day, morning and night?"

While to other people this would seem a fairly average question this would likely decide Richard's opinion on the girl for the next while, if not forever.

5Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:05 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yín allowed a hand to comb her air behind the ear facing her newest acquaintance, and spared him a moments glance with a cold absent expression. "Noted." She added to the stranger's first statement. It wasn't a surprise that someone out of so many noticed, but still, he seemed astute enough. Hopefully he didn't have a fat had to delude his otherwise shard senses. There seemed a dangerous amount of pride in him... Or perhaps genuine disinterest. Either could be bad.

"I'm afraid I can't say that I think much of them at all for the moment." She decided aloud. They were still just so many faces in a crowd, save this one. Not knowing how to greet such a person, she extended a hand to a lazy unimposing offer to shake, "Yín Sterling. I appreciate the help." She added, with the barest hint of excitement. It couldn't be help. This was the beginning of a big change for her, after all.

6Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
...An explosion could be heard and seen coming from amidst the crowd...

Severa was roaming around when she came across the mass of people showing their weapons, skills or anything really to show of. It was normal in a sense to be proud, but to this extend... She was trying to avoid any of those from the douchy kind and trying to go through the crowd. Unfortunately, she bumped into someone that was way too much into gesturing his last "fight" and practically rammed Sevy. As she fell down, her dust vials fell and rolled toward the guy that bumped her. All that guy had to say was: "Hey watch where you're going, you don't want to mess with me!" At boy's words, Sevy stood up, a little upset as it was his fault. She forwarded her hand and looked at the boy and at her vials asking: "Do you think you can give them back and calm down a little. No one is interested by your story." Usually she would be shy and embarrassed to talk with so much confidence but she wasn't in the mood right now. The guy looked at her and grin before kicking the vials away. "Now what are you gonna do? Fight me? Without them I'm sure you're useless. As he closed upon Sevy, he noticed her left eye and started to laugh and to call her a freak. Now, Severa was mad and she extracted some of her dust from one of her vials that was away and went to manipulate it to create a weapon like she usually do, but her dust didn't stabilized and went out of Sevy's control. That's when the explosion occurred.

The embarrassment that this accident brought upon her was so great, that she just collapsed on the ground, siting as she started to cry while all the others were laughing at her. It was so rare that the materialization of her weapon was unstable that she forgot it could happen. Maybe it was bond to happen the moment she bumped into him and that her vials fell on the ground.

7Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:20 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard pondered on her answer for a moment, "I doubt you'll think much of them ever really, most are too quick to show off or have very little willpower." Richard saw the outstretched hand. He yawned a little as he turned, shaking it, just in time for an explosion to be heard to his left.

He turned, only to see a girl crying and a boy laughing, "See there are the two kinds of people I see most here, those who are weak; possibly too weak to become hunters, yet probably have good morals and those who abuse their power over them and would certainly make bad hunters, even if it's more likely for them to become one. There are few who fall between those two camps, with a good balance of will and strength. I can't really decide which is worse... probably the later, least the weak ones usually have good morals."

Richard sighed, starring lazily through the crowd, "Wonder if she'll pick herself up and fight back or just sit there and take it? Guess it could go either way from here. Either way it's already ended in tears."

He then noticed, alike most people, the boy was far taller than him. That decided his side in all this; "OI, DECK HIM! KICK HIS ASS! COME ON, DON'T JUST SIT THERE AND CRY LIKE SOME DUMB BRAT!"

8Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:53 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yín quickly retracted her arm, and jolted into a standing position, drawing her blade lay across her forearm in a neutral position. Everyone seemed so... Calm... This was so normal to them? Explosions? She listened carefully to the boy's. She couldn't agree more, but that seemed more like something that applied to all kinds of human society by sheer nature. "Shrewd..." She decided aloud, once more.

Noting the calmness, she replaced her blade into it's sheath. Her first instinct was to check on the girl, but he seemed to be up to something. If the girl could fight on her own, Yín wouldn't mind granting her the pleasure. People like that student made her sick though. She wouldn't stomach that sort of behavior for long. If she didn't pick herself up, Yín didn't terribly mind laying out every last person in that crowd until one returned the favor.

9Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:24 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
As she was crying, Sevy heard from amidst the crowd someone telling her to get up and fight. That person also called her a brat. She stopped crying, wondering why she was in this state. "Some dust exploded in your face, so what, you're all right just get up and try again. But what if it happens again? Just show them just can endure it. But it's humiliating! Show them what is a real humiliation with that guy! Can I do it? Sure you can, now stop whining and kick his ass!" That internal strife with herself fired back her spirit up as she stood up, wiping her tears off her face. She glared at the boy as he stopped laughing and just grinned at her. "So now you've gotten the best of you? Great, but I don't fight little girls... He laughed again before turning his back to her. "Wrong move buddy..." She manipulated her dust once more creating a flintlock pistol and instinctively shoot at one of his leg to hinder him. "You brat, you gonna pay!" He turned around and tried to take his weapon but Sevy shoot his hand to stop him in his track. "Tsk tsk, you shouldn't have done that..." Her pistol turned into a chain whip with which she grabbed him before throwing him toward a wall. The guy recovered from his fall and landed right before hitting the said wall. Severa was now slowly walking toward him, changing her whip to a huge battleaxe that she had to drag because of it's size. "You should have helped me then and not laugh at me. I'll show you what I tend to do with jerks like you. She lifted the axe and swung it down before it landed at the feet of the boy, now cowering against the wall. She walked around her axe and crouched beside the boy before whispering in his ear: "Next time, I won't play with you..." She gave him a maniacal grin before getting up, returning the axe as dust and walked away to pick her vials.

OOC: Thoughts, Speech

10Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:47 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard immediately took a mental note of Yin's weapon, a decent sized sword, a Nagamaki. While it wasn't the most interesting of weapons to him he knew how it would work in combat, fairly standard. He already had a leg up on this newcomer, success in his book.

He then turned to see the girl had utterly demolished the boy, "Well... that escalated quickly. I didn't expect that to be a thing... was that my fault?... meh, probably."

Richard let out a yawn before turning to see Yin at her full height and as he expected she was taller... over fifteen centimetres taller. His eyebrow twitched slightly at this realisation but he sighed and went with it, she hadn't done enough to invoke his wrath yet. Besides, she seemed smart enough.

"Guess she's one of the few in the middle zone then, didn't expect her to react that harshly though. Rare surprise in this dreary place."

Richard hear a tinkering and looked to his foot to see a vial of dust had rolled up to it, he looked back up ignoring it, "So, if you're lost that must mean you're new here right? Do you know about the annoying curfew and equally pointless lock down? Headmistress is annoying me quite a bit with that."

11Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:01 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yín made a quick note of the boy's impatience. Whether it was because he felt entitled, or was simply a no nonsense cut and dry sort of fellow remained to be seen. Either way, the trait was a liability if he didn't keep it in check. Still. He seemed calm enough, and that meant that he at least had some kind of a level head. The girl on the other hand... Maybe it was the moment, but she seemed quick to anger. Not to say she didn't have the right. At least Yín wouldn't have to make a scene, or take part in one on her first day here.

"Yep. Day one." She stated in a frank tone. She would kneel to pick up the vial, and offer it to the girl. A careful set of eyes planted, wary of the perhaps bipolar stranger. Still, these two were league better than the social jackals that were surrounding them. This was what ever school was like, wasn't it? It just took some fresh air, and new places to notice it. "I've heard of them, but I've got no idea why they're in place." She responded in a disenchanted tone. It was so hard to maintain enthusiasm collecting basic information.

12Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Kayo

Kayo
Thomas Kayo Encarna looked around the landing pad. Airship docks were always remarkable, not many were very different from one another mind you. But sometimes you could always find a little oddity amongst them. This ones particular oddity was quite simple, the particular design amongst the stone tiling and various mechanical bits and widgets that allowed them to dock flawlessly without issue. If this was how the Entire school was the man was remarkably pleased to be here, this high quality craftsmanship was something he could get behind as a person. Now the only problem that he felt still remained was the people, how were the people.

He restrained from the casual happy feelings he was having at the moment, the excitement, the sparkles, the giddiness, the butterflies in his stomach that felt like they were so rambunctious that they were going to go up his chest into his throat and rip out of his mouth like some sort of terrifying Eldritch abomination of butterflies. "Note to self, no horror stories while taking 6 hour long trips, makes my imagination do silly things" He muttered to himself. He took a deep breath, needed to calm down, he could feel his tail twitching in joy. That would be an awkward first conversation. "Gorramn subconscious, stop being so PLEASED" He said this as he grew more agitated with his conflicting interests and put his hands in his hair and ruffled it himself, stopping himself and glaring ahead. "Map, Class schedules, Rules, Dorms, Room, Sleep. In that order, no diversions." He ordered himself, the nodded. "Right." He then realized how odd he looked. He was wearing a Kimono in the middle of a Airship dock to an academy to become a hunter. The only other equipment he had on him? A small sack, and a sword Sheath, without a sword, worn on the back of his waist horzontially. "Really need to get my room..." He said as he stared ahead, making sure to not look around and see the probably glances he was getting at his weird attire, let alone his weird lack of a weapon.

At least he wasn't pleased anymore, that was a good thing, didn't have to worry about his tail flailing about uncontrollably, or at least twitching while he was walking around.

He stepped off the dock, and into a paved...thing. What was the technical term for a paved road leading from one part of campus to another? An alley? A road? He stepped onto this thing and followed it to the central courtyard. He glanced around, it was....Just as fantastic as the dock was just with less airships and more...students. his face went from please to Meh in record time. People weren't really his strongest suit. "Don't even have a suit, have a Kimono" He grumbled to himself under his breath, trying his hardest to make it so people couldn't hear him. He made an important note to himself to immediately use the little money his parents gave him to buy some normal clothes, as well as acquire a school uniform, at the moment he looked....

He stopped and stared ahead. He forgot the word for it, he put his free hand to his chin and thought about it as he raised his gaze skyward. "The word for something that looks hilariously outdated..." he grumbled as he fought with his thinking block, why did he forget things that were so simple? It was frustrating. That's when he noticed that he totally forgot to fix his hair, and he just glared at the sky with an expression that just said Why God? Why? He sighed as he lowered both his arms, one carrying his sack, the other free to the world. "At least no one has started noticing me, I like being invisible" was all he sighed.

As he did, he practically stared at a fight breaking out in front of him. A young woman, and a man who was bullying her, rudely. He would've gotten involved, however a couple of things were pointed out to him before he could. It was possible this person was stronger than he was, which was likely given the fact this was his first day, he also didn't actually have a real weapon at the moment or at least not one he wanted to use yet. There was also the fact that another student was giving her a stirring speech, although in an interesting manner. Which seemed to have worked, because she very rapidly before he could come to an honest decision of getting involved or not, literally kicked his ass across the courtyard. Now he didn't have to do anything, no one would mess with her, having proven herself capable of dealing with her problems, and he could go back to having his awkward as hell day. If the students got into fights normally, then this was going to be an interesting career path for him being a pacifist.

He turned and started walking, however stopped when he noticed a vial leaning against his sandal. His face went red as he realized everyone else was wearing shoes. His left eye twitched, I so don't fit in here, this is so... "ARCHAIC!" He shouted out loud as he remembered the word triumphantly. His eyes widened as he did however as he just realized that he was awkwardly yelling words that had no meaning in the current situation without context, while holding some persons stuff.

Oh man this day was just going to get more, and MORE awkward.

13Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:09 am

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Severa started to skip around a little before stopping and looking back at the bot she just beaten and give him her most innocent smile. The boy ran away in fear and couldn't be seen in a second. She then looked around for her vials when a girl forwarded her hand with one of Sevy's vial. She looked at the girl and smiled as she picked it. "Oh thank you, where was it? Did it rolled over to you? Did it came flying? I suppose not but still it would have been cool to catch something so small if it was flying. But if you would have drop it, it might have exploded. Not good, I can tell you...Where was I? Oh yes! Thank you again. It's always easier to find small things when someone helps. Can I know your name to thank you more properly?" She looked at the girl with a smile and then to the boy who was talking to her. "I don't want to be rude so by skipping you, may I ask your name as well?" She also gave him a smile. She then turned when she heard a shout. It seemed like someone yelled "Archaic" or something close to it. She saw a guy in a kimono, well not just her as a lot of people were looking at him since he shouted. She saw at his foot what seemed to be her other vial so she approached him, crouched to pick her vial and stood up before looking at him with a gentle smile. "Thank you sir, if you did shouted, I wouldn't have found my vial that fast. May I know your name?" When Sevy learned their names, she took note oh them literally as she took her notebook out and wrote them down.

14Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:52 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
MUSE

It looked magnificent from a distance. Not many other people would think that about the academy, but Gawain did. Joining this academy was going to give him a new life, a new start. He was placing so much behind him, but he was okay with that; Gawain was going to meet new people, people who he could make friends with. That'd be a good start at least, but then there was always the lingering thought of being eschewed. Everyone on the airship had done so, but maybe it was just him watching the outside for far too long. Maybe. But first things first: Gawain had to find some sort of guidebook, if there was one, that could provide a map of the campus, classes, rules, etc. Without that, well, he'd be pretty much lost. There was also the problem of him not knowing where to sleep, but he hoped that he'd have some kind of directory for that. Hopefully.

Stepping off of that airship, Gawain found himself surrounded by the massive number of students as well as the variety, in different ways. He wondered what kind of people they were, what kind of life they lived, and what were their goals in becoming a Hunter. One of them that intrigued him was a young man in a kimono. He looked interesting, considering that out of everyone else, he was wearing a kimono and sandals and carried a sheath on his back. He himself sported his own clothes, well armor as it was, and sword, as well as his black notebook which was strapped down to sword's sheath. There was also his case, Then again, looking at everyone else, Gawain wasn't very special at all. That man though, he was something. He even started talking to himself after a while, as depicted by, what looked like from a distance, the pronouncing of words. An interesting person that man was, but Gawain joined the crowd and began his way towards the academy, hoping to continue with his goal before it was going to get too late.

The entire academy was still magnificent as he saw it back in the skies. Gawain didn't have much else to do other than survey the surroundings. Everyone else had their friends, people to talk to, Gawain just had himself and his own goal set before him. Stepping into the central courtyard, he wondered if there was anyone nearby that could help him out. Unfortunately, instead of the aid that he hoped he would receive, he instead found what was a shameful display of arrogance. Watching from a distance, Gawain noticed the sudden attention the two students were attracting. It was clear from the get-go that the male was just an arrogant student, ready to show his skills and be the best out of the class. There was nothing wrong with that, in fact, probably a lot of students thought that way, but just the way he was going with showing it was just plain idiotic. He was just being a bully to the girl, and Gawain simply couldn't stand the sight. He was even about to jump in to intervene, until a few shouts came from an interesting looking pair over at a bench. The two of them looked like they were out for blood, or that's what he thought. Gawain assumed that it was for the same reason as his. Not wanting to attract attention to himself anymore, Gawain stayed standing off to the side, watching what would the girl do in the situation she was given.

In an instant, such it seemed to Gawain, the tables were flipped and the boy was practically begging for mercy. Gawain was interested in the sudden change of personality in both of them as well as the girl's own weapon, or was it her Semblance? Gawain eventually shrugged it off the thought as things started to calm down. The boy scurried off soon after he was beaten; Gawain hoped that he was going to at least learn from his mistakes and become a better person, at least, that's what Gawain did. Well, at least the sudden altercation was a little interesting to watch as Gawain learned a little bit more about how aggressive some students could be. It also made him think how he could've easily been in that case: how would he have reacted, what would he have done, would he have fought against that boy, would he have stood up for himself? They were questions that Gawain would have to take along with him during his time here at the academy. Hopefully, he'd be able to answer them some day.

For now though, looking around him, Gawain found himself alone, noticing that he was too deep in thought to notice that everyone left. It made him seem even more awkward, but a sudden shout from the kimono man attracted his attention once more. Well, he was truly something alright. And, to his surprise, from a killer demeanor, back to such a kind look, the girl was going around trying to collect her Dust vials. The girl from the killer pair had stepped up to hand her one that found its way to her, and another vial was founded by the oriental man. Yeah, he was something. Nevertheless, with Gawain being the only one left at his locale and his having no idea where to go, he obliged to ask one of the interesting people about the school, wondering what to do as a newcomer.

Stepping forth with his case rolling behind him, he stepped up towards the group of people, waving when he came close enough to them. He had a calm expression on his face, although with a small smile as to show that he was friendly. He hoped that at least he'd be treated with the same mannerisms. After all, he was different.

15Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:24 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard's ear twitched at the sudden outburst from a newcomer, "Seems like this new batch is a little rowdy, present company being an exception...I hope." The short boy leaped the armrest and sprawled himself on the bench, leaving only a little room for Yin. "Well the thing about the curfew is, couple guys showed up at the beach; shoved a girl. That's it, saw it with my own two eyes and yet the headmistress is having all this nonsense about being in bed by sundown and not leaving the premises without a teacher. Hasn't even stopped the Grimm attacks around the school either, massive waist of time. Stopped me getting coffee."

He let out a yawn as the girl who he had shouted at approached, "Oi, oi, shouldn't take me shouting at you to do something like that. Honestly, don't be a brat. Immediately kick his ass next time. I'm Richard."

A quick scan of the girl showed no obvious weapon, a pure duster perhaps? That's quite rare he thought to himself.

He then saw yet another new comer... where are all these people coming from? He thought to himself, raising a hand "Yo..." he then turned to Yin, "...I don't have to show all these people around to... right?"

He had realised all of these newcomers were taller than him... not only that but one was shoutey, one was bipolar and one hadn't said anything. Yin was the only one he could probably stand five minutes of.

16Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:43 am

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yín fought hard to stifle a laugh. Richard. Of course his name was Richard. It certainly spoke for itself. She slowly shook her head from side to side to find stability, and glanced of her shoulder in response to Dick's question. "I don't remember you signing a contract about it." She smirked, and looked to the group over her shoulder, that appeared to be growing. "But we'll owe you for, and they'll probably follow you regardless, being lost puppies and all... Not to mention if you wait around too long, we'll just pick up more stragglers." She extended a hand to Richard, and turned to face the small collection. "Yín Sterling, please."

She took a moment to consider the boys words on the events. Most witness accounts of the event probably weren't so forgiving, and he DOES seem the type to underplay the value of a question if he didn't feel in the mood to talk about it. Still... It seemed evident no one was harmed. Perhaps threats were made. Words are as dangerous as actions sometimes. Most of all when they're a promise.

17Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Kayo

Kayo
The young hunteress walked up to him and asked for his name. His expression changed instantly upon conversation, his look of shock, horror, and overall disgust dissapeared. In its place was a calm smile, a look of deep thought. "My name is Thomayo" He paused hesitantly when he realized his error. "I'm sorry, brain is still crossing thought patterns at the moment, my name is Thomas, Kayo, Encarna, I prefer to be called Kayo however. I'm new, and im happy you found your vials. Interesting fighting style you got going on there. Pure dust?" He asked. "Hope thats not a rude question, im not really....good with normal conversations, as you can see I am in Archiac attire and havent had much interaction with people outside of a smithy." With the introduction of himself and his explaination and questioning he bowed at the waist to the young lady. "May I also ask your name in response to mine?" He smiled kindly as he asked and stood up straight again.

Thats when he noticed the others, A young blonde man with a case and full armor, he recongized him from the flight here. Got on later than he did, like most of the passengers. His armor was well fitted, meant for him, he obviously knew how to wear it. Finecraftsmanship, the blade was even better however. Bell like hand guard, specialized sheath, the blade itself was probably beautiful. "Morning." Kayo greeted the people around him.

18Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:21 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Severa smiled to Kayo as he introduced himself. "I'll call you Kayo as you asked." She then nodded to him in regard of her fighting style. "Yes, my father thought me, it's a way that leaves the imagination of the wielder being is true weapon. I know it's an unusual way to use dust, but I think it's interesting to use it that way." She gave him a smile before introducing herself. "My name is Severa Crowley, it's nice to meet you Kayo. You can call me Sevy." She smiled even more this time she tilted her head so her eye was now visible. She didn't noticed though.

She then looked in the same direction as her new acquaintance and saw a young man in a full suit of armor. He was walking toward Yin and Richard as he seemed new, like Kayo that also started to walk towards them. Sevy decided to follow and join the group that seemed to talk about some kind of tour. "I-I could help you with it Richard if you want, I m-may still be somewhat new myself but I did e-explored as well." She began to be shy as she was around so much new faces and still wasn't used to chit-chating with others. Yet she offered her help as she wanted to, not because she felt the need to do it.

19Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:52 pm

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
It wasn't long before Gawain found himself as a part of the group. Although, he wondered how they would take to him once they learned of his handicap. After all, he'd have to introduce his name and the only way to do that would be by writing it down, so it was going to come no matter what. As such, Gawain wiggled his notepad out from the side of his sheath and pulled the black pen from its spiral binding. It was going to be useful in keeping track of the academy's locale as well, but for now, he just kept note of all their names; he was anti-social after all, plus with all these new people, he might forget.

Starting on the first page, having gotten new paper for this new life, Gawain began writing corresponding descriptions for each corresponding person.

"Thomas Kayo Encarna - Oriental, peaceful male. Carries a sheath without a sword.
Severa Crowley - Cute, sweet female. Prefers to be called Sevy. Has an interesting way of using Dust.*
Richard - Tough, relaxed male. Most likely has the most experience out of us.
Yin Sterling - Tough, kind? female. Looks intimidating.

*Ask about some other time.

Once he finished writing all of that down, he turned to the next page and wrote at the top, "My name is Gawain Egret. guh-wane, e-gret. It's a pleasure to meet you all, Richard, Sevy, Kayo, and Yin." He tried his best to make the writing of the sounding of the syllables of his name correct; he hoped it was sufficient enough for them.

Capping his pen, he placed it back into the binding and presented his name to everyone, feeling slightly embarrassed at having to do so. He was the only one that was mute, as far as he knew, so once more, the thought of what was going to happen to him was apparent. Still, Gawain tried to keep a calm face, although with no smile this time as he held his notepad with both hands out to everyone. Hopefully, they were all understanding. Hopefully.

20Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"Hmm? Favours?" Richard's mind flowed with those loathsome tasks he'd have to perform later, homework, making his bed, saving a decent spot on a bench, he could force them to do any of these things through various I.O.U.'s they owed him, the list was never ending.

Grabbing the extended hand from Yin he pulled himself up, letting out a rip roaring yawn, he scanned the other newcomers. First he took note of the boy in the kimono, seemed talkative, that'll probably annoy Richard at some point but while he could see a rather nice looking sheath there was no clear weapon on the man. The second caught his attention a little more, writing down a greeting instead of saying it. Well, least he's quiet Richard thought to himself; I can probably stand him. He could see the man's sword in it's sheath, a rather plain way to carry it but an effective way none the less.

"Oi oi, so are you all coming on a look about then? As for the help Severa I'm certain I've been here longer, don't want to get facts jumbled... you do realise in return for me doing this I can call a favour from you at any point right? Just warning you all now."

The short man let out a yawn looking at the faces towering above him, yep; he was certain he could take any of them if he really wanted, guess it wouldn't hurt him to show them around a bit... probably a good enough excuse to get out his next class to... and all the ones after that.

"Well, anyone got any preferences where we start? I'm pretty hungry."

21Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Yín Sterling

Yín Sterling
Yín didn't feel terribly obliged to keeping her word on that, but if he wanted lunch or test notes some day, sure, she was good for it. She gave a slightly dismissive nod, turning to take not of what was on the paper presented to them. Mute. Bad team quality. Communication is a biggy and it's hard to do so via etcher-sketch. "Pleasured." She responded briefly to the fellow newcomer.

She had to take the time to note a few things. First, the girl, Severa, seemed to completely lack control of her emotions. Uncomfortable, angry, sad, they seemed to be out in the open. Easy to read as a book. Easy to exploit in combat, and a deadly flaw. Kayo was... Eccentric... Another impulsive one. So the only level heads were Yín herself, a mute, and someone who seemed to look at sleeping as a sport.

"Why don't we start with where we'll be sleeping? I don't like the idea of carrying my bags on a potentially strenuous tour."

22Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:52 am

Kayo

Kayo
Kayo smiled at Gawain, a Mute. He could respect that, his mother was a mute and she had taught him. Well pretty much everything he knew. He bowed to the silent man out of respect, then stood up straight and looked at Yin, she seemed calm. He wasn't one to make assumptions on other peoples first impressions, however looking at her and her weapon, as finecrafted as it was, and it had seem some use he could tell from the hilt. She could most likely hold her own in a fight.

Richard was too calm, relaxed, probably lazy, most likely was going to use this "Favor" to get out of schoolwork somehow. Kayo was okay with that, just meant he could avoid people he didnt know for longer periods of time. "I'm willing to accept that, feel free to dump any extra "Home"work on me. Means I can avoid prolonged exposure to embaressment. Just promise me you'll put some effort forth in the tests." The man honestly admited with a shrug.

Sevy. Seemed nice if you stayed on her calm decent side, however after what he had just witnessed he was certain she had a much angrier terrifying side. While he was confident in his abilities, he had no idea how to handle hers. It was a safe bet though that there were few things he could do to anger her however. He was a decent person overall, and he felt she could respect that.

He looked at Richard still with the calm smile. "I agree with Yin, why dont we start with whereever the dorms are, it would be nice to..drop off our luggage before wandering about for hours."

23Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:10 am

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
As Richard "declined" her offer to help, Severa felt kind of useless. She wondered if he thought that she would get everyone lost or something. Sevy then noticed something strange about everyone. It was some kind of vibe coming from all of them. She had a weird feeling that it was about her as she felt their gaze from time to time. "Nah, must be my imagination. Nope you're right, they think you're crazy. What, why? Haven't you realized what happened earlier? About what? That fight with the boy. There was a fight? You don't remember do you?" Sevy took some time trying to recall that moment without success."No, what, did we fight? Yeas. But why? He was mean to you so I took care of him. Is he alright? He is alive if it's what you mean. Good... Because of that and the way you currently act, they all think that you're some unstable crazy bitch. What?!? Yeas. But it's not my fault, it's yours! But I'm you Sweetheart..." Sevy shook her head trying to make this stop before looking toward each one of the group. "Do they really think that I'm crazy? One way to find out..." Sevy thought of some way to learn what happened during the fight, trying to be subtle as she also agreed with a nod about going to the dorm. "I'm good with that, may I ask something? Any one could answer really, how was the fight? I m-mean I'd like to imp-prove myself but I'd like to know your thoughts" She backed a little as she asked.

Severa then turned toward Gawain with her eyes as wide as can be. "Wait, you are mute? Like you can't talk at all? How do you do to communicate, you write everything down? That must be long and hard to do so. You must be somewhat patient too. Were you born like this or was it an accident?" Sevy then stopped her question, realizing it wasn't her right to ask someone she just had met with so much personal questions. She quickly bowed before him to apologize. "I'm sorry, I got carried away. Please forget all the questions I asked like I never did." She was now blushing out of embarrassment as she felt a little bad for that. She noticed the way she acted during that short period of time and wondered if the others noticed. If she thought that she looked weird, what would the others think...

24Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:17 pm

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
MUSE

To most people, first impressions mattered a lot in making friendships, and they didn't dare want to mess up their first impressions of themselves for others. For Gawain, he was most people; he didn't want to leave a bad impression of himself for the first people he talked to in forever. However, he did, well, at least for one person he thought he did. Yin's response was filled with more dissatisfaction, as denoted by her response and look; she didn't even take notice of what he had written. It made him disappointed in himself that she didn't care about him as a person. Gawain just wanted to make friends with everyone. Fortunately though, fortune came with the following responses, or in the very least, better reactions.

Richard didn't seem to think much of Gawain based on his own look. Or, maybe that was just because he always looked like that. Well, in the very least it was more than the downcast look that Yin gave him. After Richard's output came Kayo's, and to Gawain, he was quite surprised at the sudden show of kindness. The sudden bow even made Gawain bow back, respecting the kind man's action. A small smile lit his face soon after as he knew that Kayo was a possible friend if they ever got to know each other better. The last response Gawain responded to was Severa's, and well, she was something special compared to the rest.

For most of the time while Gawain was introducing himself to these new acquaintances, Severa was off-set from the group, probably thinking about something. It did interest Gawain in what she was doing, but he paid no mind to it until the sudden question came up about her skirmish. Gawain was willing to answer, but then came the sudden barrage of questions when she noticed that he was mute. It was a little bit too much to take all at once, but it made Gawain happier at the situation, even to the point of forming a full smile; Severa was someone who didn't seem to harbor any disdain for someone with a disability. At least, after that, Gawain had two people he could look forward to seeing throughout his time at Syne.

Placing his hand on Severa's shoulder, he gently patted it with a calm smile on his face as he started to write in his notepad, on the same page as his hello, a response.

"Hi Sevy. First of all, your fight was fine. You had a very aggressive way of settling it, and it was very effective at that. You didn't let up at all, and from what I saw, I don't think you made a mistake. I'd have to watch closer next time though if you want any specific details. Second and foremost, yes, I am mute. I was born a mute, so I can really only communicate through writing and hand signals. It's a more of a pain to others most of the time, because of this disability I have, but I hope that I can do my best and not disappoint anyone here at Syne.

If you ever have anything to ask me, then don't be afraid to do so. You're a really good person Sevy, and I hope we can be good friends one day."

Once Gawain finished writing his response, he passed his notepad off with his pen capped and nestled inside the spiral binding. She seemed like a kind person at heart, just a bit strange was all. Nevertheless, she was interesting, a little bit more interesting than the oriental man though.

Once Gawain received his notepad from Severa, he ended up writing his response, on the next page, to Richard's demands and suggestions, based off of his own preferences as well as the group.

"Well, if you're looking for a favor after all of this is done, then please, nothing too extreme or demanding. I'm willing to help you by all means, but just keep the favor reasonable.

As for a place to go, I'm okay with the dorms, it seems like a nice place to start. But also, is there a music room of some sort in the academy that you know of?"

Gawain passed his notepad once more off to Richard with a calm look on his face, accompanied by a small smile present from the previous record of events. Hopefully, after all of that, his time here would be well worth it at the end.

25Here and Now [CLOSED] Empty Re: Here and Now [CLOSED] Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:41 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard stretched, his arms letting lose a satisfying crack, "Eh, you did fine Severa, tad over the top for my taste but you did fine. Don't make me shout next time, even if you don't owe me for the tour you owe me for the motivation... The dorms first? Been a while since I've actually slept in my own bed, probably be good to check on it... might have food there, well regardless probably best to start there before you all start complaining about your loads."

He briefly took a look at Gawain's pad, "Music room?...I'm pretty sure there's a couple, least classrooms set up for music as an extracurricular activity... yeah, I remember falling asleep around there once, woodwind just makes me want to nap."

"Well, we should probably set off then." Despite his usual lazy demeanour Richard's mind was a jumbled mess, he'd have to remember so many locations... his lazy mind was not enjoying this. He led the group out the courtyard, somewhat struggling to find the exit himself due to his short stature and having to push by many people, and up a set of winding stairs; three floors."Oi, you were all given your room keys when you got your place here right?"

When they made it up the stairs he opened his door with a simple kick he found his room was unlocked, the floor was littered with books, bed clothes and chess pieces. He examined a rook he'd found near the door, making sure he hadn't broken it upon arrival. Looks like everything's in order then, he thought to himself, don't see any food though, ah well I'll pick some up later.

He closed the door, leaning against it; "Well, fling your stuff in and we'll head off. Classroom are next... I guess. Any questions just shoot."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum