You are not connected. Please login or register

Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:33 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Classes were over, and finally, freedom for just a bit until the cycle repeated. Gawain had only been at the academy for a few days, but he was already taking to the environment well; it didn't have the constant downcast looks everywhere he went. Yet, there was also one more thing that Syne had that he never touched in forever: the keys of a piano. Gawain could already picture his hands on that old piano in that old house down by the old countryside; his hands would play note by note as they started to form a melody that tended to the ears, relaxed the body, and relieved the mind. Those were great times, and now, he had a chance of reliving them, even if they were a mere replica in the very end.

Dressed in his casual attire of a white jacket, a blue semi-long sleeved shirt, white slacks, and white dress shoes, as well as accompanied by his beige satchel that he carried for schoolwork, Gawain set off around the classroom area to find one of those rooms, containing a variety of an instruments, that Richard had mentioned. No matter what, no matter how long that day, he'd find one, and well, he'd enjoy his time there, knowing that he could return to a hobby he once had. All in all, he was so excited that he just couldn't stop smiling on his small exploration around the school. Hopefully though, his technique and skills as a pianist hadn't been lost to time.

It took Gawain around a rough ten to twenty minutes or so to find the right classroom that contained a piano in it. Entering the room and even leaving the door open, he found that it was deserted, but it was nice and tidy to say the least: each instrument was placed in their corresponding location, the windows were closed, but that was quickly changed by an zealous boy, and the only object that glowed in his eyes was the lone instrument at the side of the room, covered by a white sheet to keep the dust away. The pianist easily pulled the giant sheet off of the piano, before wrapping it up and placing it down on a table situated at the back of the class. For this moment to have come, he was filled with joy, seeing the one object that he poured so much of his life and soul to. After opening the grand instrument, Gawain smiled at the several strings that made up each note that each key played. It was so long, but he could already feel the memories pouring back in. Taking a seat at his desk, his right hand fell upon the keyboard and gently flowed back and forth across the keys, playing each one as he tried to get accustomed to the feel once more. At this moment, he felt nothing but beauty at what lied before him; he was simply enamored by the sight of it, the touch of it. However, as his left hand fell upon the keys, he knew that the block that could've developed was just a slight figment of his imagination. There was at least one song he could play, as he knew it by heart, and so, both his heart and soul fell upon the keys as the memory of his past was brought to life.

MUSE

2Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Classes were over, and Severa wasn't okay with it. Having missed a few classes, her grades weren't as good as she needed them to be if she wanted to stay in the school. She had to find a way to boost her grades aside from the current classes she needed to attend to. Luckily, the school offers some extra curricular classes for students just like Sevy or for those who have some extra time for themselves. Sevy looked at her scroll for the list of the class that could help her with her little problem. Some looked interesting, like a class on Occultism, while others less, but the one that got Sevy's attention was the Music class. She didn't have a clue that Syne offered such a class and Sevy was happy that she could practice her singing and better her grades at the same time.

She was happily skipping around the hallways as she started to hear someone playing piano, somewhere around. She thought to herself that she must be close to the music class and so she turned the corner and headed toward the door the music was coming from. She slowly opened the door to see Gawain, who she had met in the courtyard a while back, playing a lovely song. She sat there listening to it and gently applaud with a smile when Gawain was done. "It was beautiful Gawain, I remembered that you played piano but I never thought you to be so good... sorry not that you didn't look good from the get-go, you did look good- I mean like a good pianist and all..." She stopped talking as she had the feeling she was just making things worse and more awkward...

3Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:47 pm

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
The song was exactly the same as it sounded years ago; it was calm, soothing, rhythmical, and beautiful. It was the first song he ever learned to play on the piano; it was the first song he heard on the piano. The song was special to Gawain not just because it's what introduced him into this life, but it was the memory of that kind woman who truly felt like a maternal figure. He would never forget her face, her voice, her smile, the way she treated him, and everything else. She gave him the strength to live and with that strength, Gawain could continue moving on his path to his end goal. He'd do his best to succeed, hoping that he wouldn't let anyone get the better of him from this point on. His fingers lifted off of their final keys as a sudden applause filled the room with its announcement; it surprised Gawain enough to come swinging his head behind him. With that though, he simply smiled and blushed stupidly, scratching the back of his head as he was being applauded by Severa, that kind and sweet, but somewhat strange girl he met on his first day in Syne. She'd been on his mind since that day, but he didn't know exactly why. Maybe it was the fact that she was one of the more kinder people he met in his life? Well, Gawain didn't know.

Taking his notepad from within his satchel that sat beside his chair, he began writing his response on a black page. He honestly didn't expect someone to be watching, but with an audience, well, feedback could be a thing. Plus somebody'd find out eventually; Gawain was playing in a classroom with only him in there.

"Thanks Sevy. You don't have to apologize; I thought I would end up doing pretty bad as well before I stepped up to play. It's been quite a while since I've played, but I was surprised that I was able to make it through that piece.

So, how are you today? What brings you over here, well other than having heard me play?"

Gawain gently handed his notepad over to Severa for her response. He blush eventually faded out, but his smile still lied on his face. He really enjoyed having someone, in a way, to talk to, especially considering that that someone acted as kind as her. Sitting perpendicular to the chair, he kept his attention on Severa but let his left hand travel up and down the keys, trying to remember every note there was. Perhaps he'd take up this career in his spare time once more; he used to be a prodigy, or really, that's what his guardian used to say.

4Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:15 am

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Severa took the notepad and read it before handing it back with a smile. "I think it was great Gawain, I don't know why you would think you were going to do pretty bad, but you didn't in the end, right? So everything is good," She would give him a closed-eyes smile before answering his question. "I'm doing pretty well, thanks for asking. Got some trouble with my grades but besides that I'm good. As for what am I doing here, because of my grades, I decided to join this class for the extra credits I could maybe get from it. Plus if it can help me better my singing it would be awesome." She would then put a finger on her cheek to think for a second. "Now that I think about it, why are YOU here? Did you sign up for this class as well?" She would smile out of excitement as at least she would know someone in this class but then realized she would have to sing in front of him and was rather embarrassed by the idea.

5Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:10 am

Kayo

Kayo
Kayo opened the door and peaked into the music room. He had misplaced something and it could've been here, couldn't it have been. As he did he noticed both Gawain and Sevy were here. It was odd, mainly because classes had ended awhile ago. He woulda asked them about this but assumed that they had their reasons. Instead he stepped inside of the room and looked around more. He was wearing his school uniform, making him look a lot more professional and normal than the first time he wandered around this place. The thing that made him stand out most was the fact that he never, for pretty much any reason, lacked the trademark sheath he showed up with. It was like usual slung horizontally across the back of his waist as he wandered around looking around instruments and under things.

Where the heck did he put that damn pack of his? He looked underneath a nearby table and sighed when he realized it wasn't there, and standing up too quickly rammed the corner of his elbow on the tables edge. He let out a small burst of air from his mouth as he simply ignored the pain, the sound stretched through the room making it sound like he was a leaking air hose. As he tried to contain the urge to swear, or complain about the pain he also had to keep his snow white tail which dangled at his left side under control. His left eye twitched as the pain eventually passed along with the need to wag. "Don't know why they call that the funny bone" He commented scratching the back of his head.

6Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:52 pm

Sno Lagu

Sno Lagu
Sno was walking down a long hallway when she heard someone playing a piano. She stopped at listened to the magnificent piece. When the music stopped she decided to go looking for the one that had played it. She looked into a room and saw multiple instruments, she also saw some people. She saw two that were close to the piano and one that seemed to be looking for something. She walked over to the people by the piano and said "Hello I couldn't help but hear someone playing the piano. It was a beautiful piece of music." She then saw that she didn't know one of the two people and said "Oh forgive me I haven't introduced myself I am Sno Lagu I am an android. I was built in Atlas, I was made to be a music lover, I can sing many songs in multiple different languages." Since Sno was good at songs she was also taught to play some instruments. While picking up a violin she asked the group "Shall I give a demonstration of my skills in the musical field?"

7Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:57 pm

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Gawain couldn't help but keep a solid smile as the two of them talked together. He simply felt happy around Severa, listening to her talk in such a friendly manner. He really hoped that they'd be good friends until the very end, especially after hearing about this music class. She was a singer, and he a pianist. It was most likely an easy way to get back into the swing of things, and he was most likely going to meet plenty of other adept musicians as well; perhaps there would be a few who were experienced with the piano. Just the thought of being in that class was excitement enough, and he was especially grateful for having heard about it. With a sudden shining smile, Gawain began writing his response on his notepad, on the same page as before; it was obvious that he was excited about what Severa had just said.

"Well, I just came here to play the piano, and no I'm not in the class, but I would very much like to join now. I'd think it'd be a very fun experience to go through, and the class would most likely help me as well with my skills. But first, how would I go about signing up for the class?"

Handing his notepad over to Severa, he smiled calmly at the girl, hoping that he'd be able to join her as well. Then again, he also wondered who even taught the class if there was a professor for it. It was probably some really grand musician, but Gawain would just have to wait and see. While Gawain listened to Severa's reply, he examined the rest of the room, noticing that a familiar man had entered the room. He was young, had an interesting look about him, but he looked strange in the formal clothes of the academy. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but he knew that he had met this man before. For now, Gawain simply waved at the man with a friendly smile, only to draw his attention back towards Severa.

Unfortunately, before the two could continue their conversation, an interesting-looking person came into the room. Gawain wondered what the feminine person had to say, but he wasn't scared. They weren't doing anything wrong, he hoped. He kept a calm expression as he listened to what the then-revealed android, Sno Lagu, had to say; however, in the middle of her introduction, Gawain opened his note pad to the front page and continued with his descriptions of people.

Thomas Kayo Encarna - Oriental, peaceful male. Carries a sheath without a sword.
Severa Crowley - Cute, sweet female. Prefers to be called Sevy. Has an interesting way of using Dust.* Also sings and is in the music class. Consider spending time with her after classes are over.
Richard - Tough, relaxed male. Most likely has the most experience out of us.
Yin Sterling - Tough, kind? female. Looks intimidating.
Sno Lagu - A kind female-looking android. Is well-versed in all types of music.

*Ask about some other time.

Finishing updating his descriptions of people, for now, he gently smiled at Sno, nodding his head when she was ready to give a demonstration of her skills. Gawain didn't mind listening to a piece of music by someone else; however, before Sno could even start, a sudden crack came from over where the man was located. Apparently he had hit part of his body on the table. Worried about the man, Gawain stepped from his seat and walked over to the man, waving and carried a worried expression, hoping that it was enough to show concern for the man.

8Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:24 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Severa took the notepad once again to read it and smiled as she gave it back to Gawain. "It would be nice if you joined the class as well. To register you can do it via your scroll, since it's not an obligatory class you don't need to have an official registration using some document or something. Just put your name in the list and you'll be added to the class." She gave him a closed-eyes smile as she was happy to see that at least she'll know someone when the class officially starts. She was also glad that she would hear more from Gawain's playing, and from him as well.

Sevy then turned to see a man and a girl in the room as well. She haven't noticed them until the girl introduced herself. She recognized Kayo that she had met the same day as Gawain with is "archaic" kimono. And by the sound of her voice, Sevy recognized the singing voice she hears all the time in the hallways in the girl. She stood up to Sno, the android girl, as she was picking a violin. "Please, I want to hear you sing, and play too. I'm a big fan of yours. Your voice is so pretty, when you sing, I always feel better. I'd love to be able to sing like you, but I'm not that good, I just sing for fun and never really trained. But with this class, I'll be able to improve." She looked at Sno with a glitter of determination in her right eye as it was the only visible one. She then return to her first thought... "So what was I thinking first..? Oh yeah, I would love to hear you."

She smiled to her before siting on a desk, swinging her legs back and forth before hearing Kayo bumping himself on one of the table. She looked at him before focusing back on Sno as Gawain was taking care of him.

9Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:07 pm

Kayo

Kayo
Kayo looked at Gawain and smiled back at the man who was worried. The man was worried about him, that was cool. "Thanks Gawain but i'm fine, just looking for my bag." Kayo looked at the Android with a raised eyebrow, she seemed to eager to play a song for the group. He supposed that was understandable from a machine, it wanted to perform its purpose. Interesting, she appeared just as people as Gawain or Severa did. He was intrigued but overall it was just a distraction at the moment. "I have no idea where I put it, I know I left it here after my class here." He looked around.

Where on earth did he put that darn thing.

10Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:49 pm

Sno Lagu

Sno Lagu
As Sno heard the black haired girl speak she smiled and replied with "Don't be so silly Sevy I am sure your voice is beautiful.. Now then lets get started shall we? Sno then brought the violin up to her chin and played a note that rang out as she opened her mouth and began to sing while continuing to play the instrument "I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name. Listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history. Be not afraid come follow me. Answer my call and I'll set you free. I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain. I am the voice of your hunger and pain. I am the voice that always is calling you. I am the voice I will remain. I am the voice in the fields when the summers gone. The dance of the leaves when the Autumn winds blow. Ne'er do I sleep throughout all the cold winter long. I am the force that in spring time will grow. It was at this point she stopped singing and went into a violin solo. When the solo ended she began to sing again "I am the voice of the past that will always be filled with my sorrow and blood in my fields. I am the voice of the future. Bring me your peace. Bring me your peace and my wounds they will heal. I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain. I am the voice of your hunger and pain. I am the voice that always is calling you. I am the voice. I am the voice of the past that will always be. I am the voice of your hunger and pain. I am the voice of the future. I am the voice. I am the voice. I am the voice. I am the voice. When Sno finished her song she put the violin down and smiled at the rest of the people who were present and said "So what did you think?"

Song:

11Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:24 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Gawain nodded with a friendly ease as the man confirmed that he was going to be okay; however, before leaving to join Sno and Severa back at his seat, Gawain noticed the snow white hair on the man as well as the peaceful face before his thoughts guided him to the conclusion that this man was someone he met, Kayo. With a kind smile, Gawain bowed to the man and gave him a gentle pat on his shoulder before starting to look with him. Gawain sympathized with Kayo, knowing that he hurt himself as well as having lost his bag. The least Gawain could've done for such a kind person was to return the kindness and help him out. However, before Gawain could develop his search, Sno began singing, and immediately, Gawain was captivated by her beautiful voice and violin technique. All he could do was watch and listen as his eyes closed to truly take in what he was listening to.

Once Sno finished with her amazing song, Gawain clapped with a clear admiration for Sno. Even though she was an android, most likely built to perfection, Gawain was truly impressed. She was probably one of the best singers at Syne, even though it would be an unfair competition in the end. As for a response, Gawain turned to his notepad once more, turning to the next blank page and began writing his thoughts on her piece.

"I thought it was amazing Sno. You have a lovely voice, and your talent with the violin, and most likely every other instrument, is superb. I don't see any need for improvement at all when you're this high level."

With that note, Gawain left his notepad with Sno before returning to search for Kayo's bag. With a friendly smile on his face, Gawain was glad to know that there were indeed quite a few inspirational musicians and singers in this school. Hopefully, one day, he'd be as good as Sno in the piano area, but for now, Gawain lingered on his thoughts of the piece as well as the missing bag.

12Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Severa blushed from the compliment Sno had made on her voice even though she haven't heard her sing before. She then listen closely to each note, each sound, each emotion that Sno was conducting both via her voice and her violin. Sevy was so amazed that someone could be this good. She didn't care about the "she's an android programed for this" part most people would have, the important was that it was beautiful, right?

After her performance, Sevy applaud along Gawain with the same glitter in her eyes that she had right before. She then bowed her head slowly. "I can't be as good as that. You outrank me in every way... I'm not even sure that I'm even good enough for this class anymore seeing how both of you have so much talent..." She felt a bit sad as she lacked self confidence. She isn't a bad singer, she quite good to tell the truth, but rarely sings to others because of her shyness that she never gets the feedback or any other form of appreciation that anyone would normally get. She then raised her head with a forced smile. "Sorry, some under-confident girl's rambling, don't mind me... If any of you wants to play something else, I would love to hear it... You're so good I could listen to both of you all day..."

13Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:51 am

Kayo

Kayo
"I'll check the community locker" Kayo said as walked up and waved to Severa as he wandered past her towards the back of the room. He opened a small door and his back fell out next to a stringed instrument, which he just put back into the small locker space. "FOUND IT" He exclaimed as he walked back up to the two girls. "Hello again Severa" He said with his customary bow from his waist. "Thank you Gawain, for helping" Kayo said with his bow to his handicapped companion.

Kayo looked at their visitor, the one who had just finished singing. He bowed to her and as he stood smiled. "Hello my name is Kayo, I'm pleased to meet you" He would've said interesting to meet one of your kind but that would be rude, and he knew it. He calmly threw his bag over his shoulder. "thank you for the song during my search."

14Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:18 pm

Sno Lagu

Sno Lagu
Sno put the violin back from where she had found it. Then she heard the back haired girl speak the girl's words seemed to be a bit sad. Sno replied to the girl by saying "Nonsense! That is complete nonsense! I am sure your voice is lovely Sevy! I will never be able to outrank anyone! In a way using my voice in any form of competition would be cheating because it is just a program. So that means you would out rank me because you are able to improve and get better I am pretty much at my peak and will remain this way forever but you and all of the creatures that are made of flesh are able to get better and improve your skills! So not only can you be as good as me you can get better. You can get so much better! I am sure your voice is wonderful! Don't lose your confidence just because someone might be better than you because eventually you will surpass them." While Sno was trying to cheer up the girl she almost didn't notice that someone was introducing themselves to her. Sno looked over to the boy who was introducing himself to her and said "Oh hello its a pleasure to meet you too!" then she looked at the blonde haired boy who seemed to be using a note pad to talk and said to him "I don't think you have given me your name yet.. May I ask what it is?"

15Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:39 pm

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Listening to Sno speak with such care, with such honesty, with such truth, too much truth at that, Gawain was impressed by her. Despite those words coming from an android, Gawain felt some kind of kindness from Sno, knowing for sure that she truly was a good person at "heart". With a warm smile, having heard the sudden question by Sno, he took up his notepad and began writing in it, showing it to Sno after he finished.

"My name is Gawain Egret. guh-wane, e-gret. It's a pleasure to meet you, Sno."

With that, he retracted his notebook after Sno was done reading, or what he believed was enough time for her. Turning towards Kayo, Gawain before the oriental man, giving him a "you're welcome" that way. Kayo was always a pleasant person, having such a kind disposition about him; if the two spent an entire afternoon together, Gawain would probably, most likely, enjoy it. For now though, that'd just be a possibility in the future as Gawain gave Severa his full attention, stopping only to write in his notepad something as a follow-up to what Sno said.

"Go on Sevy. I would really like to hear you sing, and this could also allow us to help you out on where you have shortcomings. So please Sevy, will you sing for us?"

Gawain showed his notepad to Severa with small smile on his face as he waited for a reply from her. With her kindness and low self-esteem, Gawain just wanted to help her out as much as he could, seeing her as a good friend to him. As a friend to the mute boy, someone who was lonely for a major portion of his life, he valued his friends above all others, especially Severa right at that moment. She was just a kind person to him at heart, and Gawain just didn't want to see someone like that berate themselves. He was ready to give her all the support and encouragement she needed to believe in herself.

16Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:27 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Sevy looked at Sno with a glitter even brighter in her eyes and a blush as she was complimenting her voice and singing even though she hasn't heard her sing. She wasn't liking however how Sno treated herself as solely as a programed voice that couldn't improved. "Thank you very much Sno, your words mean a lot to me. To think that you are sure that I can be better than you touches me, but the fact that your voice was programed like that does mean you can't improve as well. Let's both be the best we can and even better than that. But I can you tell that I'm a good singer if you never heard me sing before?" Sevy turn toward Gawain as he gave her his pad to read. She blushed out of embarrassment as she knew there was no way around it. "W-w-what?!? Y-you really want to hear me now? O-okay, I guess I-I can..." She walked towards a speaker in which she plugged her Scroll and put a song before walking back a little .She took a deep breath to calm down a little before starting to sing:

"Forgotten days, a fading memory
Lost and no longer seeking one another
Desperately still, you're reaching toward him
Hopelessly certain you can mend the broken

Longing for a light lost in time, so distant

Pleading with fate, to be forgiving
Allow the shattered hearts to be regathered
Fighting for love to have a meaning
Without a promise to embrace the darkness

Hoping for a dream lost in light, so distant

Reasons ignored, no longer caring
How long it may take just to mend the heartbreak
Lost and unsure, the boy is fading
A distant fragment of nobody important

Wishing for a day lost in memories distant"

As the music stopped and she stopped singing, she would do a little curtsy to her small crowd.

The song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSRucPLYvhY

17Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:40 am

Kayo

Kayo
(That song, my feels)

Alot of things were happening quickly, their team effort of getting Severa to sing, introductions, finding lost stuff. During the time it took the two of them to tell Severa she should sing for them, he managed to reach inside his bag and pulled out a decently sized featureless black cube, that was easily larger than the size of his head. He looked around, not knowing if Sno could even eat, he decided to use it anyway. He knew he made enough food for easily three people, and he was pushing it with four, but he didn't care. He pressed a small button on the side of the cube, several times. He then set it down on a nearby table, and watched as Severa stepped up to a speaker and preceded the beginning of a performance. He sat down at the table and listened closely. Simple piano, overlayed with flute, catchy, easy. He took it apart as he heard it, the opening being a composition between sides. A duet between hands, a thing he treasured the piano for.

As she finished she curtseyed, and Kayo clapped his hands twice before the box in front of him made a loud ding! noise, and the top split into four separate pieces which slid away to the sides, causing what was now a cube to become a rectangle. Within the rectangle was a large square container holding three separate things, between them small walls of black metal. Having a wide selection within it, however the largest portion, taking up half of the square segment, one fourth of the entire box, was rice, next to it the two varying meats, today a light seasoned beef and sweet glazed chicken. Mid their slide to the sides to transform the cube into a rectangle, the four separate cubes from the top of the box rotated around, to reveal they also contained food, however they had a plastic cover over them, which popped open. Revealing four groups of mixed vegetables.

Fresh steam came off the entire meal within the craftily designed bento box, which was crammed to its limit. "Please help yourselves" Said with a soft smile, as he pulled a pile of paper plates out of his bag, still bagged. "Theres no way I can eat this entire thing by myself." He continued, pulling out a small section of the bento box, revealing eating utensils of various design. "Careful its still hot." His fingers deftly pulled out a pair of metal chopsticks still together, and at his touch they fell away from each other. "Do you eat food Sno?"

18Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:40 pm

Sno Lagu

Sno Lagu
When the girl was explaining that she was a good singer Sno said "I am sure your voice is very nice." Then Sno noticed that the girl was about to sing, Sno also noticed that the one who had encouraged her to sing seemed to only communicate with a notepad. Sno then though I wonder why he must speak in that way.. Is he mute like Flash?.. But he is made of flesh so I am sure its not really the same thing right?. Sno closed her eyes and listened to the beautiful song. After the girl finished her song Sno clapped and said "Severa that was beautiful! No it was simply magnificent.. No.. Ahh my vocabulary can't comprehend how amazing that was!.. So then why were you acting as though you had no confidence in singing?.. Oh also it is a pleasure to meet you Gawain." Sno then heard a ding and she looked over to see one of her new friends with a box that seemed to have an assortment of food in it. When she was asked weather or not she was able to eat she respond with "No we androids don't really have a reason to eat."

19Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:36 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
The song was simply melodic, alluring, pleasing, incredible, so many words that Gawain couldn't fit on one page of his notepad. Severa's voice was entrancing, beautiful, and better than he could imagine. He couldn't tell if her voice was better than Sno's or on the same level, but Gawain knew one thing: the song was perfect. He followed along after the first verse, moving his head slowly back and forth as his eyes closed, picturing the scene her words were describing. Each word, each key, each note, they all mixed into the heart and mind for Gawain, and soon enough, he found himself playing along to the tune, literally. His hands danced on an invisible piano in front of him, following each note of the piano behind her words; key by key, he followed right behind the rhythm unconsciously, feeling his heart pour into the invisible instrument of him. It was those two years he spent, constantly dancing on that single piano until he memorized song by song; those notes were coming back to him slowly, but surely, and they were already coming alive in this single performance. As his hands fell down upon the final note, entranced by the entire performance, Gawain's eyes opened as he smiled warmly at the beautiful vocalist in front of him.

Having been enraptured by the performance, Gawain couldn't exactly remember what was happening during the performance, only that Severa's voice along with the song put on a spectacular performance for the three of them. Having placed his notepad into his left side jacket pocket before Severa began, Gawain clapped his hands enthusiastically, keeping his smile on her. He just couldn't keep his thoughts off on how grand the performance was; Gawain had to have her provide her with that song, or even perform it once more for him. The piano, the flute, and her voice all mixed together so perfectly, and Gawain just had to play it for himself. Once Gawain's applaud for Severa and after-thoughts to himself were given, he returned to the situation at hand, giving a friendly smile to Sno who, after the performance ended, addressed him. With that, Kayo had brought out a meal for the four of them, well, three of them, considering that Sno was an android and all. After all that just happened, Gawain was more than happy to accept the gift from his then-considered friend.

Taking a plate from Kayo as well as some chopsticks, Gawain gave a small bow to the oriental man before taking a few pieces of food from the bento box, only to sit down by his bag near the piano. His mind was still on Severa's song; it was just so majestic. He had to tell her about it, right then, he just couldn't hold it in. Placing his food down next to him, he took out his notepad and began writing enthusiastically.

"That was amazing Sevy. I really loved your piece, and I hope that I can see you sing a lot more in the future.
Also, if you don't mind, then can you show me that song later on? I'd like to play it on the piano at one point; I heard the piano in the background, and the song was just so lovely with your voice and all, I would love to play it, just not for myself, but also for you."

Gawain hoped that she understood what he meant; he was just so excited about the piece. Tapping Severa on her shoulder from behind, Gawain showed her his response to the song, having a bright smile on his face throughout it.

20Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:33 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Severa blushed intensely as her singing was receiving so much praise. She didn't expected that she would be so good for all the one who were applauding. She even hid her face as Gawain seemed like the one to have liked her performance the most. "P-please, stop it, b-both of you... It wasn't really that good... was it?" Sevy slowly let the praises sink into her as she felt wonderfully well afterward. She still had difficulty to believe it, but if many were agreeing, then it must been true, right? She smiled to them with a bow full of gratitude with watery eyes. "Thank you very much, it means a lot what you said Sno. I didn't thought I would be this good. And for you Gawain, just by your reaction, I know you agree with her, so thank you as well." She stood back up and tilted her head, giving them a closed-eyes smile, as a tear was falling off her cheek.

She then looked toward Kayo when a "ding" could have been heard. He seemed to have prepared a big bento box for lunch and it seemed like he was ready to share. Sevy smelled the aroma coming from the box. "It smells so good! Were you the one that cooked all of this?" She looked at Kayo with admiration, whether he cooked it or not as she was just amazed by it. She took a pair of chopstick and tried to pick some meat. And yes, TRIED... She tried time after time, but the piece of meat fell back each time in its former place in the box. She finally gave up and stabbed the meat with one stick and nommed on it.

Sevy turned around as Gawain tapped her shoulder and read his note, still having the piece of meat in her mouth and blushed. She swallowed the food before answering. "Thanks Gawain, I would be glad to find you the sheet if you want. I'm not sure though about doing a duo, as I'm inexperienced in that, but I guess I could try." She smiled at him, not knowing that her innocence led her to misunderstand his motives. She stabbed another piece of meat and munched on it right away, but burn herself slightly as it was still too hot. "OUCH! HOT-HOT-HOT........." She then whined for a bit.

21Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Kayo

Kayo
(I hate being busy, how bout you guys? This will prolly be my 2nd to last post for awhile <.<)
Kayo watched in confusion as Severa fumbled clumsily with the chopsticks. It was interesting seeing someone who couldn't use them, he was raised on them his entire life. "Having problems Sevy?" The man asked raising an eyebrow at the girl. "Try just pinching the food with the sticks, and using your fingers like a fulcrum to maintain the pressure needed to hold it." Kayo explained giving her a demonstration slowly, demonstrating the physics behind it, as well as the proper hand motions. "Once you got a hang of it, its really not that hard" He said with a smile.

22Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Thu May 07, 2015 11:09 pm

Sno Lagu

Sno Lagu
Sno was feeling a little bored so she picked up a drum stick and started tossing it and catching it. Then she thought of something and began to speak "So how do you all fight? For me I use throwing knives so I am more of a ranged fighter but I can do some close combat too." Sno then picked up another drum stick and started tossing it and catching it as well, and then she got another and another after that until she juggling 4 drum sticks. Then Sno spoke again "Do any of you use dust? I usually use air dust." and then she asked another question to the group "Do you all have any hobbies? Of course I like to sing but I also like to read." While still juggling the drum sticks Sno then realized that she might be asking too many questions so she remained silent and waited for them to answer while thinking Maybe I shouldn't try to interrogate them like this. Yeah I should get to know them little by little not all at once.

23Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Fri May 08, 2015 5:05 am

Gawain Egret

Gawain Egret
Hearing her words about the matter, Gawain was ecstatic as he was filled with a sudden joy; she was interested in doing a duet with him, and considering that if they did end up working together, their duet would be the very first time he would ever play with another animate being. Considering how grand Severa sang, how sweet she sounded, how kind she always was, and how much Gawain already considered her to be a good friend, the mute boy knew that he was going to put as much time as he could into their duet, all for the sake of hearing her sing with him by her side, playing every note for her as two melodies would combine into one. That's all Gawain wanted: he just wanted to play for her song through his song, because she, to Gawain, was just a great person, nothing else. He didn't have any other reason to give anyone other than that if they did ask him, and so, that was that, for now.

Turning away from the group, Gawain heard a sudden painful gasp back towards the group. Quickly turning to the group, wondering what had happened in mere split seconds, Gawain learned that it was just Severa, responding to the food that she just ate. With a small smile, Gawain turned towards his food on the piano seat, picked up the plate, and returned to the group with his notepad and pen in his coat. Taking his own chopsticks, having learned how to use them due to her, Gawain took a few pieces as he listened into Kayo's explanation on how to use chopsticks for Severa; Kayo was indeed a caring person, having shown that trait throughout all their interactions together. However, once Kayo was done with his explanation, just for a small precaution, Gawain tapped Severa's shoulder, only to offer his plate of food to her. Gently blowing on the pieces of food, Gawain wanted Severa to at least enjoy something that wouldn't burn her, and well, that was one solution he enacted before thinking of anything else.

However her response was, Gawain set his plate down by Kayo's box, allowing him to reply to Sno's several questions; she answered her own questions with what she would answer with, so it would only be considerate of the rest of them if they answered as well. Besides, Sno most likely didn't mean any harmful intent with them; they were all friends, right?

"Well Sno, I use a longsword, so I guess I'm adept in swordsmanship and close-range combat. As for Dust, I don't use any, just a sword and my armor. And for hobbies, well, most of the time I'm alone, so I'm either training against the dummies in the arena or I'm studying for my classes. Now that I've learned there's a music class, and having found this room as well, the piano is, once again, a hobby of mine."

Walking over to Sno, having finished his answers to her questions, Gawain passed his notepad to her with a calm and happy smile on his face, wondering what she was going to say to all of that.

24Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Fri May 08, 2015 2:39 pm

Severa Crowley

Severa Crowley
Sevy was glad to see that Gawain was so happy that she agreed to form a duet with him. She never worked with someone else before so it would be a totally new experience that she couldn't wait for. First thing would be to find the sheets for Gawain so it would be a little easier for him to learn the song. She then thought a little, she was used to sing alone and listening to the song she had. Now that someone would play along, it will be totally different. It will be a refreshing experience.

As she was still whining from the light burn, Sevy tried to follow Kayo's instruction on how to use the chopstick. She did her best but was ultimately only able to hold them the right way without being able to grab the food. "Sorry Kayo, I'm sure the way you're showing usually works... I guess I'll just need practice" She gave him a smile before looking at Gawain that was sharing is not-as-hot plate as she smiled to him as well.

As Sno was asking how each one of them were fighting and answering to her own question, Sevy was thinking on how to explain her fighting style. While Gawain was writing his answer, she was looking over his shoulder to read it before her handed his pad to Sno. She then started to answer as well. "The way I fight is rather unusual, I create weapons out of Dust and fight using them. It's called Dust Shifting. I tend to create a flintlock pistol most of the time to stay away from harm, but if I need to get close, I can use a greataxe. Unfortunately, it's the only way I can fight. I don't have any regular weapon and my semblance isn't use to fight." She then started to Shifts her Dust to give a small demonstration before answering the next question. "As for my hobbies, besides music I don't really have one. I like to take a walk sometimes but I guess that's all." She then stabbed another piece of meat that she ate right away.

25Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Empty Re: Symphony For Dream Chasers (Open) Mon May 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Kayo

Kayo
"How do you all fight?" the question was asked. It hung in the air for him, ringing through his mind. He stared at his small amount of food as the question rang through his mind like the dull repeating sound of a church bell. He zoned out staring into the small abyss of empty space between him and the small amount of consumption he needed to survive living. He heard nothing Sno said, or asked. He continued to stare at that plate, his glare intensifying constantly. His eyes spoke volumes about what he was thinking about. He knew if he wanted too, he could kill at least one, maybe both of the two people in this room with nothing but the eating utensils in front of him. He knew he could do it, and believed he could do it, but he never would.

He remembered the training his mother gave him. Anything was a weapon, in a fight with another human being anything WAS a weapon. Pencils, chairs, pens, knives, anything. If you held back in a fight you were the first to die. If you have a chance to stab the opponent, you take the chance, you don't hesitate, you don't think about it, you see an opportunity, you take it. Hesitation kills Kayo, hesitation kills. If you need to worry about the moral repercussions you do it after the deed is done. He remembered the lessons, remembered the sparring, remembered the training. His mother made sure he was capable of handling himself. She made sure he would be okay with the people who hated their kind if they came back, or the people from the village if they hated them enough.

It was more the fact that people wondered these questions that bothered him. Was it that shocking that everyone had received some kind of combat training before arriving to school? Because from what he could figure that was the norm of the situation, people went to hunter school to learn how to kill grimm, because they knew how to harm other people. Whether it was actually due to revenge, or because the grimm had wronged you, or even out of fear, everyone came to an academy to learn how to kill grimm. Fighting against other people did nothing to improve yourself against a two headed snake, people are never the coordinated. Even if you came here to just learn how to fight, every human at an instinctual level knew how to kill one another. It wasn't hard.

He continued to give the plate a death glare that could cause plants to wilt and possibly catch on fire, until he heard his name. He looked up to Severa to hear the rest of her saying how it might work, and she just needed practice. She was holding the chopsticks perfectly, he smiled at her the intense hate death glare gone as if it was never there to begin with. His multicolored eyes closed gently as he started his reply. "You're right, you've got the position down, now you just need experience working them like a lever and a fulcrum. You can keep that pair, use them to practice." His smile was kind, serene. He liked Severa, she was kind, gentle, but she had just enough of a crazy side to her to get shit done when it was time. That was important overall, that he knew out of all of them, he was absolutely certain, if the time came the only person he knew wouldn't hesitate, was Severa.

He looked at Sno still wearing the same smile. "I wasn't trained to fight, I was trained to survive." He gestured to the sheath next to him. "I don't carry a weapon for a reason." He explained to the group. "If a fight broke out I'm not sure what I would do." he explained truthfully. It was honest, he didn't know how he would react. He could do what he was trained to do if he really needed to, and end up killing indiscriminately in the fight between him and whoever. Or he could take the blows for whoever he was defending, because that was the only reason he would even get into a fight to begin with.

"So how does throwing knives work out for you? Do you enjoy them?" He knew how throwing knives worked, he knew the best were perfectly balanced, he also knew that he could impale that spider crawling up the wall across the 40 foot room from him perfectly in the middle with a perfectly balanced knife. "Does the air dust help with control?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum