You are not connected. Please login or register

Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Empty Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Today was a dark day. Not because something grim happened, just because of the clouds. They were dark and were roaring on the horizon. Lloyd was looking at them by the window."A thunderstorm is coming... nice." He started to walk slowly along the windows in the hallway, not looking where he was really going as he had his mind elsewhere. They have been a lot of Grimms sighted everywhere, like if they had a burst in their numbers. Whatever was happening, it wasn't good. Lloyd really had a bad feeling about today.

As he walked in the hallway, he heard a teacher shooting in one of the rooms. "We need to do something! We can't simply let them march on the school like that!" The man looked furious about something. Lloyd got close to the door and started to listen as another man started to talk. "Calm down, it's not like they are at our door already. Sure they are numerous, but according to the scouts, they seem weak enough. Even students could take them on." "Are they talking about Grimms? And by numerous, do they mean like an army? That'd be bad." The first man started to shoot again."Are you out of your mind!?! Sending students there would be suicide!!! They would get butchered!!! That's how much were reported!!!" "Alright, alright. What do we do then? We can't sent any teacher as it would alarm the students and with the recent attacks, we can risk that. Plus, without any incoming reinforcement, what are we suppose to do?"

Lloyd looked in the room to see if he could get any more information. All this emergency got him pretty curious. As his head peeked from the doorway to look inside, a map on the wall could be seen with what seemed like infos on that emergency. "Map-Ex-Machina..." Lloyd analyzed the best he could, but only could get the area on the map where he was most likely to find this possible army of Grimms. As he turned around in order to leave, he bumped into someone else. "Sorry, I didn't saw you there" "Was he listening as well?" "Anyway, excuse me, I gotta get prepared." Lloyd then started to walk toward his dorm room.

OCC:

2Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Empty Re: Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
Sky awoke with the feeling of rain. It was a dark, heavy feeling, like the way a stormcloud might feel. He smiled. Days like these were good days, days when things tended to go right. He sat up and got dressed, pulling on yesterday's pants and his boots, and a fresh long sleeved shirt before donning his armor and strapping on his swords. He stumbles into the bathroom, still bleary from sleep. He turns on the tap to freezing, and sticks his palms in it. He splashes his face, gasping a bit, before brushing his teeth. He runs his fingers through his hair to get rid of his bedhead, paused to grab a couple slices of pizza from his fridge. He makes his way through the hallways, lingering slightly as he gazed out at the gathering stormfront.
Before long, troubling voices started to drift through the quiet halls...out of your mind!?! Sending students there would be suicide!!! They would get butchered!!! That's how much were reported!!!" "Alright, alright. What do we do then? We can't sent any teacher as it would alarm the students and with the recent attacks, we can risk that. Plus, without any incoming reinforcement, what are we suppose to do?"
Troubled by what he was hearing, Sky made his way through the halls towards the voices. Just as he was about to round the last corner, the voices dwindled off. He raised his last slice of pizza to his mouth as he rounded the corner and ran smackdab into Lloyd. For a momemt, the whole world shrinks down to Sky and his Pizza, as the latter tumbles through the air, before landing with a splat. For a moment, Sky stares at his pizza, devastated, before snapping back. Looking up at the room the voices had been coming from, it was now closed. Muffled voices could be made out, but the chance to eavesdrop was long gone. Turning around, Sky just managed to get a glimpse of Lloyd as he vanished around a side passage. Sky hurries his pace and follows Lloyd, calling out to him Wait, hold up! Whether Lloyd waited or not, when Sky caught up to Lloyd he would say You mean you were preparing to fight the amassing Grimm? hurrying up his speech, figuring that Lloyd might think he wanted to stop him, he says Might I roll with? These past few days have been kind of slow, I could use some Hunting time. If you're worried about me slowing you down, don't. I can assure you, I am quite capable of holding my own.

Last edited by UnkownEntity on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

3Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Empty Re: Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:56 pm

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
As Lloyd was making his way to his room, the guy he bumped into began to follow him. It seemed like this guy wanted to follow Lloyd in his improvised skirmish against the Grimms. "I appreciate the offer, but are you sure you want to come? I mean it could be far worse than the teachers were admitting. Also if we get caught, being expelled could be an outcome, if we don't get killed first of course. I don't doubt that you are skilled, but just wanting a bit of thrill might not be the best reason to go on a mission like this one." The reason Lloyd wanted to be sure about the guy's intent was only because Lloyd didn't want to have to focus on both him and this guy, as Lloyd seemed to fight rather selfishly sometimes and it could be dangerous for both of them.

Lloyd listen the the boy's argument that he would probably throw at him to convince him before thinking. "I can't really turn him down anyway. He would either follow me on his own or he could go and tell the teachers about this whole operation. So it's either us two or none. I guess I have no choice then." "Fine you can come along. I just hope that you're not trying to show of by saying that you can handle yourself pretty well. I saw people making mistakes by being cocky and I wouldn't want to bring you back in a bag." Lloyd gave him a slight smirk to show that he was messing with him in a friendly matter.

At the door of his room, Lloyd opened it and entered quickly, kicking asides some metal parts that were laying on the ground as always. His cannon attachment was visible on his workbench with his bike in the corner of his room. Only one bed was visibly used as well, indicating that Lloyd was still alone in his room, which gave him all the space for his works. He cleared a way for his bike before picking some items and exited the room before locking the door. He then looked at the guy. "Do you need to pick something before we go? Might be a long day ahead of us."

4Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Empty Re: Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:39 pm

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
In response to the mans question, Sky nodded grimly. It was a far departure from his normal self, such that it would be quite jarring to someone who knew him.  He let the man finish before replying, saying quietly I must come, it is my Duty. Not only is Syne in danger, but Bellmuse is as well. The Grimm must be pushed back, and if no one else will, we must. For that, I am willing to get kicked out of Syne.. His eyes are strong and unwavering, and his voice clear and firm. It is clear that this is not the rash decision of a boy but the deliberate one of a man. Almost as if the seriousness grew too much, Sky is smiling again. besides. Just because it's our duty doesn't mean we can not enjoy it, correct? His smile widens as Lloyd accepts, a twinkle appears in his eyes as he laughs. As Lloyd enters his room, Sky peers in curiously, then his eyes widen in surprise. This mans room was in worse straits than his own! Well, at least this one was a work in progress. He shakes his head, patting his swords fondly and saying Nope, I've got everything I need here. He meets the mans gaze and offers him a hand, saying by the way, my name is Sky Richardson. The man would find Sky's grip firm and his wrist solid, his hands heavily callused from his swords.

Last edited by UnkownEntity on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : introduction)

5Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Empty Re: Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:16 pm

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd kinda liked the guy's answer. It spoke directly to him since they share the same reason to go there. An emergency was there, no one could take on the job and by some bullshit two students were ready to lose their chance to become Huntsmen simply to help, even if it would mean that no one would know that they would have done. Plus, seeing as the boy thought that going against a possible army of Grimms seemed fun, it made Lloyd chuckled as it wasn't what he had in mind. But it was indeed refreshing that someone was thinking differently than others. He gladly exchanged the handshake. "The name's Lloyd, Lloyd Vanheim, nice to meet you Sky."

Since Sky didn't need to go to his room, Lloyd opened the march toward the outside of the building with his motorbike by his side. It wasn't the easiest thing to move in the hallways, but at least not a lot of students were there, so it made things easier. As they walked, Lloyd started to think aloud. "The school really need a secured building to store vehicles and such. Even though I am the only one that can operate Sleipnir, anyone could steal it and just reconfigure it. And I can't keep it in my room forever, I'll have a team one day. I like being able to work on it all night, but I don't get good sleep from that..." Lloyd then sighed as he was annoying himself with his rant. "Sorry, I think I can get grumpy sometimes when I lack sleep."

As they both arrived in the courtyard near the front gate, Lloyd hopped on his bike and started the engine. He looked at it in every angle to be sure everything was working properly before looking at his new acquaintance. "I hope that being on a motorbike with another dude won't make things awkward. Come on, hop on." Lloyd smirked at his own little joke before waiting for Sky. As he would climb on, Lloyd would then drive full speed toward the area where the mass of Grimms have been sighted.

6Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Empty Re: Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:04 am

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
Sky followed Lloyd out the building silently, for he could think of nothing to add. When they came outside, Sky took a closer look at the bike. The stormclouds hadnt yet overtaken the sun, so the rays still lit up the day, lighting the bike up far betyer than the lights indoors had.He whistled in admiration, commenting I've been thinking at getting myself a bike when I get the lien to spare.Any suggestions? He rolls his eyes and smirks in response to Lloyds joke as he hops onto the back of the cycle. On the way, Sky would watch the passing scenery impassively. His thoughts begin to drift forward to the coming battle. Just how many Grimm would there be? As he wondered, a tingling feeling grew in Sky's chest. Some knew that feeling as fear, others nervousness. To Sky, that feeling was one of anticipation, excitement. His body and soul took the nervous energy and translated it into a form far more useful for a warrior than the jitters.

7Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Empty Re: Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:17 am

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
As Sky seemed impress by his bike and asked for advice, Lloyd started to explain. "Well, I kinda got mine free. One of the airship pilots, an old man that I met while going in town on day, showed me this bike. It was old and ready to be scraped, but the man kept it because it was dear to him. He couldn't find the time to repair it, so he offered it to me as long as I promised to take care of it as much as he did. After that I had to practically rebuild it from scratch, which I did to get to this result. I even build an engine that only I can trigger. So, if you need repair or modification one day, or even have it cutomized, I'm your man. But if you want to buy one, I won't be of much help as I know nothing on the market, I just know everything on my little Sleipnir. But there's a shop that sells bikes I think in town..."

Lloyd tried to look sorry as he tried to look back at Sky, but he also keep an eye on the road ahead. Although, the road slowly changed to a lack-of-road as they came closer to the trees of the forest. "Well, hold on thigh, it's gonna get bumpy..." As he said that, they entered the forest, full of branches and roots all over. Lloyd used his semblance to jump across the said roots. He then did something stupid to do in such a terrain: talking. "Hey I'm curious, what is your semblance? It would be good to know before we fight those Grimms."

8Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Empty Re: Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
Sky listens thoughtfully as Lloyd speaks, the reason for Lloyd messy room now evident. You just started tinkering with it, or did you kind of know what you were doing already? Though he could appreciate it, he didn't have the patience nor the right creative outlet to do such work. He didn't really do electronics much either for that matter, save where it was necessary. And to fry them. I'll have to go into town sometime and look for it then, he says, his eyes still fixed on the passing scenery, Don't worry, I'll come to you every time my bike so much as hiccups, he says in a straight tone, the joke betrayed by his laughter.

In response to Lloyd's warning, Sky tightens his grip on the sleek cycle with his legs, his hands reaching down and clutching whatever handolds there were to be found, as Lloyd activated his Semblance. Sky remained unfazed, he had seen this Semblance before, though Lloyds seemed to be more powerful than Leons had been. My Semblance is a bit of an oddity. I can generate small amounts of electrical energy caused by my aura spinning around the air particles against each other, generating electromagnetic forces that I can use to move metal, even so far as being able to use a quarter to make a railgun. The amount of electricity i can generate greatly amplifies when i concentrate the energy build up on a conductor, typically my swords. he says calmly, as if they weren't bouncing through the air at a high velocity, or as if this sort of thing were an every day occurrence.

9Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Empty Re: Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:19 am

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd listened to Sky's question, which was a really good one to be honest as you couldn't really know by looking at him that he was good with machinery. "I'd say I knew more or less what to do with it. I did learned a lot about weapons and other machines when I was younger so I kinda used my knowledge and my improvisation skill to do it. But I did have a basic idea of what I wanted." Lloyd continued to "drive" in the harsh terrain they were with the use of his semblance, sometimes even ricocheting off the trees. They ended up finding a clearing in the woods, giving some slack to Lloyd and his weird but somewhat efficient driving. They reach a small cliff where Lloyd stopped before looking back at Sky. "Naming me your personal mechanic already? Wow, I feel special. I think I could maybe build you a custom engine that would work with your semblance and don't worry, that kind of mechanic doesn't require much, feels like doing nothing really." Lloyd listened as Sky explained his semblance which in itself didn't seemed like much, but it had a lot of potential in many ways. "So your semblance is like a railgun... interesting... very interesting... As you could have noticed, mine is used to repel energies. Physical, thermal, you name it. If you heard of it in science, I can probably repel it. It is pretty versatile and I like it, so many options to explore in any situations. Like this one..." Lloyd gave a small smile to his new friend before looking down the cliff. They were arrived...

The first lightning fell from the sky, thunder slowly following along with the rain as Lloyd disembarked his bike to look down with a better view. A large mass of Grimms were there and they seemed aggressive. They were mostly Beowulves, but some Ursas were there as well, roaming down there along the cliff and close to the trees a little bit further. They seemed to have gathered in a small clearing, like a planned meet-up. "So... how do you want to do this? Any preferred tactics?"

10Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Empty Re: Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Tue May 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
Sky nodded along as Lloyd replied, though Lloyd surely couldn't see it. He laughed at Lloyds joke, then his eyes widened in surprise. Wha... Could you really? That'd be awesome! He was very excited now, for many reasons. For one, his whole body felt like it was charged up, his skin prickling with the electricity coursing through the air as the storm charged up, and he might get a sweet bike, thanks to his new friend? And...  And, they were about to fight a whole Horde of Grimm. That's a neat semblance. Can you only do a blanket repel, or can you focus the repelling energy on a small area? Like, how much force could you generate?

Sky climbed off the bike as the first bolt of lightning arced down through the sky, the burnt ozone reaching his nose just after the thunder sounded. He breathed in deeply, smelled the rain that would pour down any second now. He closed his eyes, breathed out, then in again, opened his eyes. He turned to Lloyd, saying Nah, I'm not much of a planner. Only thing I can think of is, with your Semblance you could herd the Grimm and keep them away from the school, while I should be able to take great advantage of this thunderstorm, he says grinning a small but intense smile.

Last edited by Sky Richardson on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

11Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Empty Re: Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:48 am

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd smiled as it seemed that his offer to make a custom bike for Sky was well received before he answered his question. "I can focus the zone that I affect, but I can't do really big zones. I usually use my semblance as a shield by activating it at the tips of my fingers or a small platform under my feet to launch myself. Of course I can launch others or objects too as you could see, but people don't tend to like it. Also, I don't generate any force per say, I only use the force that is given to me in the first place. See this as changing the direction of the force to another, like altering their vector or something."

Since Sky didn't really have a plan in mind it seemed besides taking advantage of the weather which in his case was pretty useful, Lloyd tried to think of what he could do to help. Since they had the cliff as the advantage, he thought that by using his semblance right other the Grimms, one by one, and launching them right at their height Sky could attack them while they would be at the mercy of being airborne. Although with both of them using melee weapons they would probably end up at the bottom of the cliff fighting them directly. Lloyd stood there watching the creatures while thinking as the rain began to pour down of the forest.

OOC: Please change your font, my eyes hurt!!! XD

12Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Empty Re: Unwanted Help [RP Hunt/Private] Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:50 pm

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
Sky was itching to just launch of the cliff and dive into the sea of Grimm, but he forced himself to stay and try to strategize. Using the cliff wasn't too big of an option, neither one of them had a ranged weapon, so picking them off one by one from above would be boring and exhausting. He stared at the grimm and a thought occurred to him. Some questions: How many different uses of your semblance can you keep active at once, and how long can you maintain it? We cant use the cliff all too well, but if you were able to set up a few vector points down there, we could use them to flit around and attack the grimm without having to worry to much about a counterattack...hm. Another question, could you use your semblance to surround a moving object, allowing you to freely manipulate its direction of travel? I've always wanted to fly,   he says with a grin on his face.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum