You are not connected. Please login or register

New and Lost, What Better Place to Find? (Open, I suppose)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cenere Biancardi

Cenere Biancardi
Cenere had been walking aimlessly through the giant school. She knew she probably shouldn't have been, as she was lost now, but at least she had accidentally found what appeared to be a training room. She knew if might be a restricted area, but she didn't see anyone she could ask, besides, she wasn't given a map or anything... so it wasn't her fault. The training area, she noted with approval, is very large.

She walked into the middle of the training area and quickly unbuttoned and removed her midnight blue overshirt, and also loosened the tie around her neck, removing it as well. Carefully folding said articles of clothing, Cenere was left in a white blouse and midnight blue skirt. She set the neatly folded clothing in one of the many seats before walking a distance away, to ensure that nothing would get in her way as she warmed up and started training.
She did a very condensed warm-up, as she was quite flexible and her muscles were already warm from all the walking and running she had been doing until recently.

In a single, smooth movement and a small grunt, Cenere leapt from the crouch she had ended her warm-up in and released her weapon from it's restraint on her right hip. As her feet reconnected to the ground the weapon, a large whip, finished uncoiling with a weak snap, which created a small frown on Cenere's otherwise blank face. As she flicked her wrist back, drawing the whip out behind her, her face changed from a frown into a mask of concentration.
Cenere took a small step back and took a deep breath, releasing the air slowly from her lungs. As soon as the air was gone and she inhaled a normal amount of oxygen, she launched into a drill she had created and continued to add to. These movements were punctuated by the crisp sound of the whip breaking the sound barrier.

Small nicks and cuts began to appear on her hands and arms as she wove a web of danger around herself, danger moving so quickly the naked eye could not really keep up with. These wounds didn't bleed much as they weren't deep, but they served their purpose: constant reminders of the necessity of improvement.

As she fell into a rhythm, her movement became fluid and seemingly effortless. There were very few signs betraying the difficulty of what she was doing, one of which being the way her lungs slowly drew ragged breaths, fighting to keep enough oxygen flowing through her veins.

Kim Dongmin "Mamachul"

Kim Dongmin
Dongmin didn't mean to be lost on his first day, he really didn't. It was just one of those 'it just sort of happened things that always got him in trouble back at home. Sighing, he headed for the door he heard odd noises -a whip cracking?- coming from. Might as well start off by getting to know new people, right? At least, he thought so.
Although 'meeting new people' is a loose term, he thought wryly. All he was going to do would be listening while the other person spoke.
Pushing open the door, Dongmin made sure his shirt and pants were straightened before entering the training area, shutting the door behind him softly and watching the girl who was training. She has bunny ears, he noticed. She's a faunus. Striding to an area of the training floor that she wasn't using, he began stretching out, sliding into the splits once he was sure his legs were ready for it. Folding over his left leg, he pressed his forehead to his shin as he contemplated everything he'd learned about the school. Stretching to the other side, he stretched out and then got to his feet, ready to do some more training.

Cenere Biancardi

Cenere Biancardi
Cenere's movements began to stutter and pop, for lack of better words. Her once smooth motions now jerky as her lungs slowly drew less and less air inside her. Gathering her strength for one last movement, Cenere paused a second simply freezing in place. Her hair was ruffled from the passing as the whip followed the laws of physics and sailed by her. As it reached its maximum length, Cenere began to move again. She leapt forward tugging her hand, the one with the weapon, behind her and the whip trailed after with a whispery slithering sound whenever it touched the floor. As soon as it was almost completely behind her, Cenere spun ninety degrees, positioning herself where the whip was somewhat beside her and she wouldn't get tangled up as she flicked her wrist forward. The technique was executed properly and the whip delivered a satisfying boom before falling limp, having spent all kinetic energy.

Cenere, however, was nowhere near tired, she was quite the opposite... before she noticed the other person inhabiting the room. Her ears pricked back up as she coiled her weapon once more and shrugged on her neatly folded overshirt followed closely by her tie and she grimaced at the feeling of sweat being pressed into her by the cloth Wonderful. Now I have to was these as soon as possible.. Quickly buttoning said shirt, Cenere walked toward the person. More specifically a boy.

Her tie was fixed and her form betrayed nothing of the training she had just finished with as she stopped not to close but not to terribly far either "Hello. Might I inquire as to your name, and if you possibly know the way around here?" she was at ease due to the fact there was only one person, and she wasn't looking forward to trying to navigate the halls.

Kim Dongmin "Mamachul"

Kim Dongmin
Dongmin jumped at the boom of the whip, freezing in the middle of the sword strike he was performing. He wryly smiled as he found himself toppling to the floor, rolling forward and coming up to his feet as though he'd planned the movements. Ah, how embarrassing, he thought, glancing over at the girl as he lowered his blade. Perhaps that wasn't my best idea.

As the faunus girl neared, Dongmin tensed up, before forcing himself to relax. Calm down, stupid, he chided himself, before giving her a timid wave in hello. "My name is Dongmin," he said softly. "I'm new here. Sorry." He smiled a small, apologetic smile, tossing his loose braid over his shoulder and absentmindedly toying with it. What do I do now? Should I ask her name? What should I do?

Deciding to ask her name, he tossed his braid back over his shoulder. "What's your name?"

Cenere Biancardi

Cenere Biancardi
Great. I should've known he was new. Cenere berated herself before realizing the boy, Dongmin, had asked her a question. After hesitating for a couple heartbeats, she concluded that he had asked for her name. She gave a small nod, to acknowledge what he said and then spoke "I am Cenere, Dongmin, nice to meet you." Cenere was actually quite pleased to meet someone who appeared sane, though she would sooner tred on needles than admit so.

As to not seem awkward, she pressed on "What brought you to the academy? Besides a ship, of course." a small gleam of humor glinting in her eyes before she blinked and they returned to normal as she studied Dongmin's face intently. Though she was attempting conversation, her thoughts strayed to the boy's hair. That could almost be used as a weapon! Wait- what am I thinking? I can't take his hair! unknowingly, she had allowed a smirk to flicker across her face, betraying the amusing thought.

Kim Dongmin "Mamachul"

Kim Dongmin
Why do people always say nice to meet you? "Nice to meet you, as well, I suppose." He spoke in a monotonous voice. Cenere? I've never heard of her before.

"I...." don't want to continue this conversation "...am here to become a Hunter and a doctor." Does everyone here ask such personal questions? And is she....laughing at me? He shifted his grip on his weapon. Why am I sweating? Do I really dislike people this much? It doesn't seem that hot...

Wondering why Cenere made him so nervous, Dongmin murmured, "Why are you here?" It's only fair that I know as much about you as you do about me, if not more so. After all, people knowing about you is dangerous. One should not allow one's peers to ever gain the upper hand. I will not allow myself to be hurt by you. "And... are your ears real?" He was truly curious about those ears. They were bothering him. They looked so fluffy.

Cenere Biancardi

Cenere Biancardi
Cenere nodded lightly at Dongmin's explanation of attendance, and at his question, she figured sure owed him that much. Besides, I don't think I'd have the guts to stand and talk to someone who randomly approached me.
"I... there's not really a specific reason, this was basically the only place I could go. My father went missing while I was at Signal... so I needed to come here."
Smooth, dummy. You made it sound like the beginnings of a sob story!
At that realization, Cenere felt like burying her head in the sand, so to speak, and was having difficulty forcing her demeanor not to change. Maybe he won't notice..? She thought hoped.
Even as she hoped he wouldn't notice, Cenere also wished that he would hear what she had said for what it was, she was sad that her father was gone, but didn't need pity or anything else, for that matter. On the off chance Dongmin would try to give pity, Cenere resolved to promptly challenge him to a duel.

Kim Dongmin "Mamachul"

Kim Dongmin
"I see." Dongmin was quiet, his face reverting to a soft, melancholy expression. What is it people say in these situations? I'm sorry for your loss? He hmmmed softly, glancing at the door. He wondered what it would take to get out of there. He didn't like people. Of course, he wasn't one to be rude, either. She never said if her ears were real... Shrugging, he headed for the door, unsure of what to say or do from there. He didn't like talking to people, he didn't like people, and he really didn't like... well, anything to do with other people. According to anyone he'd ever met, he was impossible to get along with. (And he knew it was true. He just didn't bother to do anything about it.)

It hit him a few moments later, the reason that Cenere made him so nervous. It's that whip... she scared me with it. So nerves are kicking in...

Cenere Biancardi

Cenere Biancardi
Cenere could sense he wasn't very comfortable. I wonder if it's because I'm a Faunus? She wondered, frowning lightly at the door he was walking towards. She wasn't sure that she was one to tell someone to relax any, but she was sure that the boy, Dongmin, was too tense than what was 'healthy'.
"My ears... they're real... I'm sorry for not answering when you asked-?" Her ears perked straight, well, at least one did. The left ear was as straight as a pin but the other was bent outward at a slight 20 degree angle. They seemed to almost be trying to prove their owner's statement.
I know what it is! It's not that he doesn't like Faunus, it's that I didn't answer him... right? I hope? Her thoughts were pounding through her head, each making her the slightest bit more unsteady than the last as she stood, watching the still-retreating back of the boy.

Kim Dongmin "Mamachul"

Kim Dongmin
Dongmin jumped when she suddenly spoke, slowing his pace slightly. A little warning would have been nice... he thought, glancing over his shoulder, large dark red eyes open in interest as he watched her ear flop down. Turning back around and biting his lip to keep from laughing out loud at the sight, Dongmin kept walking, but then stopped, turning around and staring at Cenere. "Are you coming?" he asked impatiently. Might as well be lost in this mess together. "Don't have all day." Lifting a suitcase from beside the door, he turned and gazed at her expectantly. "Also, you look like you're about to fall down. Maybe you should look for the cafeteria or something for you to eat."

With those words, he shifted his weight and wait-ed for her to decide if she was coming with him or staying in the training room until someone who knew their way around the academy decided to show up.

Cenere Biancardi

Cenere Biancardi
Cenere straightened her ears once more and hesitated, fidgeting slightly, before nodding. As she nodded, she realized he was no longer looking at her and she mentally scored herself. "Yes, sure I'll come!" she exclaimed, leaping straight up in the air as she heard "Also, you look like you're about to fall down. Maybe you should look for the cafeteria or something for you to eat." Her eyes widened in realisation as she reached the peak of her arch through the air and gravity began to take its hold, even as he look at her.
As Cenere hit the ground she fell into a haphazard somersault to lessen the impact of landing and stopped flat on her back staring straight above her. With a grunt of effort she stood and walked towards the door and Dongmin. Just brilliant, Cenere... just brilliant. This stranger can quote your health better than you can!
"Yeah, enough excitement for now... let's go!"

[Character Exit]

Kim Dongmin "Mamachul"

Kim Dongmin
Dongmin shook his head when she leapt into the air and then promptly fell. Has she never heard of watching what she's doing or being careful? he wondered. She could have injured herself by doing that. How childish. Better than she could be, I suppose... though she seems like one of those always happy people. He sighed, shaking his head. "Be careful. You could hurt yourself, and I do not savor the idea of taking someone I just met to a hospital or an infirmary." With that, he gripped the handle of the door and opened it for her.

"After you," he murmured, stepping out of her way so that she could leave the room. I doubt there will be any lack of excitement if I stay around you very long, he thought wryly. You seem to be the type that attracts all kind of excitement without attempt or reason to.

Once she was out of the room, he followed after her.

[Character Exit]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum