You are not connected. Please login or register

Nuts and bolts at the coffee shop (Private w/ Flash)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Myra Chegernt

Myra Chegernt
A few days had gone by since the day that Melany first went to Syne Academy in order to attempt getting a job as an assistant there, but one of the things that left a bitter taste in her mouth, quite literally too, was that awful coffee she had that day. It was the absolute worst beverage she ever had in her whole life and even if 3 years aren't a lot, when the only thing you actively consume is coffee you end up getting a good reference point rather quickly.

The android entered the coffee shop and had a look in her eyes that meant business and the clicking sound of her heels easily attracted the attention of the patrons towards her before she even spoke a word. The moment she saw who she thought to be the manager based on the fact that he was the only one absent last time she was here, she headed directly towards him and slammed both of her hands on the counter which surprised pretty much everyone around. "I need to have two words with you Sir! This... "coffee" you're selling doesn't deserve to be called so! It was literally the worst part of an horrible day!" The manager was unsurprisingly surprised about the girl's reaction but had clearly no clue as to what she was talking about as he was never informed about the incident by his employees. He tried to calm Mel down but she seemed really frustrated, more than the day she actually bought said coffee. No one dared to come help the manager as they were scared of facing the little fury. If someone wouldn't help it could turn into a really bad situation.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
Flash didn't have a whole lot of reason to enter a coffee shop, well... at least not when compared to a regular patron. To start he didn't have a mouth, to conclude he didn't have a stomach. Sure he could pour the hot liquid down the grill in the from of his face; feeling the strange sensation of heat spreading throughout his body and analyzing the contents of the liquid to some extent. The change in his weight allowed him to understand his density, the speed it evaporated also aided in this. But this meant he really had no need for sugar or cream in his coffee, just a plain cup of hot black bean water.

Ordering the drink had been a little difficult, the man at the desk seemed to be a little afraid of the towering metal android, though this was nothing new to Flash. Through gentle words and a lot of faces he had calmed him down suitably, now however it seemed like the poor guy was in a tizzy. A very loud woman had entered, even her shoes seemed to be shouting for attention with their loud clacking. Flash had sat himself next to the door, peering out the coffee shop's large window into the busy streets outside. Being the near pacifist he was Flash really didn't think shouting and fighting over such a thing was a good idea, if he could scare people just by looking in a direction then he had no doubt this woman could terrify people much easier.

Rising from his seat, well... from kneeling as he was afraid he'd break the seat upon sitting on it, he made his way toward the front desk. While the woman's clicking heels had been loud... Flash Driver was a 150kg robot made from metal, atop that being armor plated. Suffice to say even with the woman shouting and him trying not to be loud, he was incredibly loud. He clasped his hands before his chest standing behind and to the left of the woman. Attempting not to be intimidating while being a 2 meter tall robot wasn't exactly... easy...

The manager's eyes were drawn to him for a second, but he was really much too afraid of the woman to deal with him right now, "Umm... I don't know a lot about this bean water. But isn't it supposed to be bitter and stuff? Isn't that why people add milk and sugar to it? If you were having a bad day shouldn't you have gotten something sweet instead? I can't really taste so I don't really know ^^ll But like, sugar or something sweet makes people happier than coffee or something bitter right? People drink coffee to stay awake don't they? o.o "

Myra Chegernt

Myra Chegernt
Melany was normally not this outraged and this goes for everything. It couldn't simply be because of the bad coffee she had before, right? It had to be more than that. The android took a moment to think to herself while the manager seemed motionless, trying to figure out why was she that much furious for a simple coffee. She thought that maybe it was just the accumulation of everything that happened recently. Was that what humanoids call a nervous breakdown? She'd have to research on the subject when she'd get home.

The loud sound of clanking metal behind Melany made her turn around only to see a towering... TV?... right behind her. Facing the massive machine she wasn't too sure of what it could want but then its screen lit itself up with scrolling text which seemed to be the manner of communication of the mechanical individual. She read what it had to "say" before wondering what was the equivalent of its eyes. Mel simply kept starring at the screen in hope it would do as she replied. "Yes I know, coffee is bitter and made to wake you up, but personally I do add sweet and cream to mine because I love the smooth silky feeling it has when I drink it. Problem is that this when I came here the coffee was just plain disgusting!" The girl then glared at the manager from over her shoulder before looking back at the robot standing in front of her in order to see if it would reply.

Mel couldn't help herself and wonder what was the purpose of this being. Why was he built like this with a TV instead of a head and a method of communication that would make everything impossible to interact with a blind person. Was he meant to look funny to children? If that's the case, well done to whoever created it, it did look rather funny and friendly with this antiquity for a head.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"O.o I see. But isn't it then more the fault of the milk and the sugar you added than the bitterness of the coffee right? It's not that the coffee was bad or the things you added to it maybe... isn't it more likely that the how much of each part lead to a problem than just one aspect. o.o Then again, I guess if the milk was off the whole thing could get bad really easily ^^ll" Flash wasn't totally sure of the science of coffee, but he didn't quite understand why the woman was so mad. "That or like... I hear that tea can be much sweeter than coffee, despite not having any ears, wouldn't you have less of a problem if you drank sweet teas? Maybe it would be a good time to switch? If not you could calculate the ideal mix of coffee, cream and sweeter with practice right o.o Doesn't that make a whole lot more sense than hoping other people know exactly what you want with the factors and brands?"

Flash's screen was full from top to bottom by the time he had finished expressing everything, it would take the woman a little while to read the text if she was like the other fleshy ones Flash had met. Despite this however he was overcome with shock, realizing he had failed on one of the fundamental parts of socializing. He hadn't introduced himself, nor had he asked her name. Oh how embarrassing.

Less than ten seconds after putting everything up on his face it was cleared and replaced by, "Oh, oh my, I'm so sorry >///< I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Flash Driver, I am a student at Syne Academy. It is very nice to meet you Miss?" He bowed slightly as he did so, though kept his screen visible to the woman.

Myra Chegernt

Myra Chegernt
Melany crossed her arms as she read what the android had to say. It seemed like it though that it was the first time she ever had coffee and that she was just ranting because of a bad first experience. It was somewhat of a reasonable thing to consider but she has been drinking coffee for the past 2 years and always ordered the same thing wherever she went so the fact that something was wrong was simply obvious to her. She began her reply, without any delay as if she had read everything in a fraction of second which was accurately what happened, being an android scanning a full text and understanding it as fast as she could was part of her with all the papers she was used to read and organized in the past. "Look, this wasn't my first coffee. I always buy a coffee made from beans coming from Menagerie, 4 sugars and 2 creams, so I know when something is wrong with my drink."

The girl watched as the massive individual introduced itself as Flash Driver while bowing. She sighed at the name which was obviously a pun but also from herself. Seeing this towering pile of metal being super calm made her realize that she was probably overdoing it a bit. She returned a curtsy while sharing her name. "I'm Melany, Melany Praline but just call me Mel. By the by... I don't like tea, it's too fade for my taste. I'd need a ton of sugar which would be a waste of both." did the android girl said before taking a deep breath and turning to the manager and bowing to him. "I'm... sorry for the tantrum, it was totally unnecessary... I just had a bad week and times are hard..." Mel then simply stood there, she still wondered why her coffee didn't had the same taste as usual although she was sure that she had ordered the same thing she always does. She pondered on it and would have nearly forgot about her new acquaintance if it wasn't of its size.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"o.o but if you do know what you like, why do you come to a place like this? Like, the odds on the servings and ingredients being exactly the same is incredibly low so doesn't it just make sense to make your own coffee? I don't understand taste though so it might be different than all that? I'm not really sure o.o " Flash responded, not noticing the amazing speed the woman was able to read.

Listening to her introduction, and somewhat regret at her loudness, the droid responded, "It's very nice to meet you Mel ^^ It's absolutely fine bud, emotions are powerful. People do things they don't mean to when they take over, hugs get too tight when you're excited and people get scared and do things they don't mean to ^^ I guess the same can be said for anger and stuff, not that I've every felt it. Emotions are weird but important." He gave her a thumbs up, just to reaffirm the okay-ness, but the manager looked to still be a little bit on edge.

The droid did note the woman mentioning having a bad day and being the droid he was, "I've been an agony aunt kind of thing for a lot of people. If you have anything you want to talk to someone about you can just say bud ^^"

Myra Chegernt

Myra Chegernt
Melany appeared surprised before looking away from Flash as it asked why she came to a coffee shop if she knew exactly how she liked her hot beverage. She was obviously embarrassed about it but answered with a low voice, nearly whispering to the robot in front of her. "I... I can't actually make a proper coffee myself... I can do a large number of more complicated things than that but... Making even a decent one is out of my reach. So I came here since it's the only coffee shop where they have beans from Menagerie." She looked more relaxed by the second part of her answer but she was still frustrated about the bitter truth.

Mel then nodded in agreement as her acquaintance talked about emotions bringing more life to interactions between people while giving the tall droid an odd look. "For something... or someone... not too sure how I should refer to you to be honest... but anyway it's odd that you say never having felt emotions while you seem to understand them pretty well. Or were you just saying that you never got angry at someone?" Flash then inquired about her troubles, about why she had been unlucky recently. The girl looked at her feet while sighing before she waved the robot to not worry. "Thanks for offering to listen, but you don't have to bother yourself with me and my stories. I'm sure I'll be fine on my own." While this wasn't totally as Melany did need someone to hire her, she didn't want to drag someone into her problems.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"Oh, just anger bud ^^ I suffered some pretty extreme magnet damage at one point, wiped a lot of my memory and altered my personality fundamentally. Anger's just not a part of me anymore ^^ Splits between sadness and fear instead, occasionally bursts off to other emotions as a result of the stimuli." Flash explained, "It kind of made me a little bit silly ^^ll but it's better to be that case when you look like me, I think. Can't be too serious or people get scared."

"If you're sure you're fine I won't press it Mel ^^ But if you cof-feel like talking I'm fine with doing it. I'm going to be up 24 hours seven days a week, it's not like it's taking up an important part of my time after all ^^ There's nothing to worry about bud." Flash promised, "As for your coffee problem, practice does make perfect ^^ In the end if you just keep at it you'll achieve victor-tea. You'll be great at making it I'm sure."

Myra Chegernt

Myra Chegernt
Melany read what the large android was sharing through its screen about how its emotions worked and it intrigued her. She herself knew to avoid magnets or anything with potential residual magnetism because it could mess with her, but she never thought it could erase an emotion altogether. The memory wiping part wasn't a good thing either, which only made the girl more wary about magnets than she already was.

She then glared at Flash as it began to make horrible puns while trying to convince her to practice if she really wanted to be able to make coffee herself. "That magnet must have messed with your "humor programming" because those puns were low level. Anyway, I just can't make coffee, it's impossible somehow. Give me and another person the same ingredients, same equipment and training and they're bound to make a good coffee while mine will be an horrible abomination not worth calling anything else but garbage. I know it since I tried multiple times. I'm just not made for that apparently so I have to go to coffee shops and order from someone competent."

Mel then turned towards the manager behind the counter and apologized once more while ordering the same thing as usual, deciding to give the shop a second chance. There could have been a thousand reasons as to why last time it was bad, surely it wouldn't happen again right?

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
" -w-ll Well, I like to have pun with them. People tend to think I'm going to Pun-ch them when we first meet, I'm not as much of a Pun-k as people think and if I make these jokes it tends to remove any feelings of fear. It's just my imposing size that makes em scared ^^ That and maybe the lack of obvious eyes." Flash responded, "I think I was actually planned to be a serious military bot but I'm glad I turned out as I am now ^^ Even if it's as a result of damage."

The droid stood patiently as the woman ordered her drink, really praying that she wouldn't explode again. After all, if she did manage to find a coffee she liked Flash could probably tell her the exact measurements to make the kind of coffee she liked. Then she could make it herself without the risk of freaking out like this ever again. Helping people was what Flash lived for so this wouldn't be a difficult task.

Once she had received her drink Flash would step forward,
"Can I just get some boiling water please ^^ I think that would have the same effect for me as coffee would."

Myra Chegernt

Myra Chegernt
Melany read once again the text that formed on Flash's screen while she waited for her drink. The manager could be seen sighing of relief that things hadn't escalated more than what they did and seemed less stressed. "I don't understand why people are scared though, you're just tall. And for God's sake your head is a television, what's to be afraid of that? If you really were made for military purpose before your memory wipe then I think you we're built to be a soldier, but maybe more for a communication thing, like maybe intercept radio signals or something like that."

The manager then came back to the counter and handed the freshly made coffee for Mel to pick and said it was on the house. The girl smiled to him before siting at a table while gesturing to Flash to join her. She was curious about it and wanted to ask some questions. "So Flash, you say that you have emotions, meaning that you are more than the simple machine that you look like, right? I mean, compared to me you look... don't take this the wrong way, but you look kinda archaic and far less humanoid than most. Not that it's bad, it even gives you a certain uniqueness that no other would ever have. How is it to be different from other android?" The smaller android looked at her cup and was hesitant to take a sip just yet, she still had the bad experience from last time which made it hard to have faith this time. She decided to wait a little, at least until Flash would answer her questions if it felt like it. She also began to think about asking how does Flash identifies itself gender-wise, because she felt she was being disrespectful by calling "it" all the time. It would be her next question.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"Oh, it's no bother ^^ O.o I didn't even notice you were a robot, you must be like my partner Sno's type ^^ She's great, I like her a lot >///< Anyway, it's simple. I look older or less advanced because I'm made to be easy to fix and relatively cheap to build or rebuild. If a person wanted to make a large number of robots at an effective cost, like for an army to defend a city from grimm, it'd be more effective to make a lot of my design than a lot of your design type." He began to explain;

"I'm built to deal out physical damage and take physical damage, so I'm made from thick armour plates created from a cost effective alloy that's mostly iron. I have some dust resistance in order to better deal with situations like fires or floods and my strength can be used to aid civilians, I can lift cars ^W^ My internals are also, I'm willing to bet, much larger but less complex than yours ^^ I don't even have sensors in place to feel any more pain than I do in someone placing a hand on me for a regular touch, that frees a lot of space. This way I'm easy to fix or upgrade, not to mention the diversity of parts that can be applied to my system, while you'd take much more major work to upgrade or fix and probably a specific set without more intensive works." Flash conveyed before cleaning his screen.

Almost as if to overstate his point Flash, upon receiving what was a boiling cup of water, he immediately poured it down the grill at the front of his face without even flinching at the one hundred degree temperature.

He continued immediately, "I H2Know it may seem weird but I major in Tech at Syne, I could build myself over tons of times, I can continuously improve on my own design; I've uploaded a backup self to a "Flash Drive" even as I am that simple to store, I've fixed myself up and I'm able to fix up the other droids with more advanced systems than me... but finding the parts is hard a for them and does scare me when it comes to fixing up Sno if I had to ^^ll Whereas for me, I can scrap a used car at the junk yard and come out with great stuff ^^ I can run almost anything... or anywhere. Really really basic feet, they're quite the feet-ure."

He wiped his screen once more before coming to a combination of her first and last statements, "A soldier doesn't need a face or voice or or regular proportions or hair... as much as I really would like hair >.< it can be rough I guess, most androids look a lot more human than me... But long as I have friends to talk to and help I'm fine with it ^^ But... when people see those movies about the robots taking over, it's not really your types they see as evil. It's the ones with the exposed metal all over them, big machines without eyes. Your type are more often put in sympathetic roles. I like reading comics, but I can't really read some because they do use killer robots so often... I look a lot more like them than anything the average person will come across in their life."

There was a momentary pause, emotions welling up in the droid, "It's because of their media and how they've been raised that they fear me ^^ll it's not super their fault, they didn't expect me to exist when they came up with that stuff... but it does suck. Like... when did you last see a love story with a giant robot or a comedy with one. There are a few but they're rare... I guess it just makes me feel luckier to have Sno ^w^ and my other friends of course."

" It's even a bit odd that I'm meant to be a soldier, yet even have emotions... I don't know why I do to be honest, but I like em ^^ Maybe it's just because I was the first model in the line... before I went missing with my memory damaged XD Someone might still be looking for me."

Myra Chegernt

Myra Chegernt
Melany couldn't help but giggled at Flash's surprise when it learned that she was an android herself. Sure it wasn't the most obvious thing since she was made to look and act as similarly as possible to other humans, but she always enjoyed to see people's reactions. The girl then simply kept reading  the tall droid's message, taking note of every info it was willing to share, noting the faces it used on its screen, which she thought was an adorable thing, especially the blushing one when it mentioned liking a certain Sno that was apparently another human-looking android. It was interesting to read what Flash had to share about its how body and how easy it seemed to repair itself. Mel didn't have the same luck as repairing herself was a lot more complicated as the towering bot said. She was more complex but was built for longevity and durability rather than convenience. She is supposed to assist and serve a family or business over generations after all, or at least it was the plan.

The girl then watched as Flash bottomed down the hot water he was served and giggled. It didn't look like it was built to consume anything and yet it used the grill like a mouth. She wondered where the water would end for a moment before Flash continued with some puns hidden in its text. Apparently Flash was s student, which surprised Melany as she didn't thought the academy would enroll androids, but it was nice to read that the tall "scary" droid was an helpful one. "Well if I ever need repair I'll know who to look for." She gave Flash a smile before it continued.

Her smile slowly faded as it went on with a pretty convincing theory on why it is feared by most. She still thought that it was undeserved, especially after learning that Flash is really a kind individual. She herself was scarier than it was just by yelling some. "That's really judging by the cover... no pun intended... and at least this Sno seems like a good person. You also seem to care a lot about her."

Mel raised an eyebrow with a smile before finally bringing her cup of coffee to her lips for a sip. When she was supposed to feel joy from a good warm beverage she experienced anger, this thing was once more undrinkable. She placed the cup abruptly on the table and stood up, spiting what was still in her mouth before turning towards the manager. "Is this a joke?! Twice I've come here for a coffee and twice I had an horrible liquid served to me! Are you actually trying to make me leave!?" Mel was clearly more furious than she was when she first entered the building, throwing all of Flash's effort through the window in an instant.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"Oh I really do >w< Sno's great, I really really like her. I've not seen her too much recently but she's awesome, she's so tiny and cute and-

When the woman exploded in rage again Flash very nearly fell over, shocked by the sudden detonation within the smaller android before her he took a good few steps back and wobbled a bit, not for lack of good footing but rather simple surprise that the coffee hadn't been good twice. Looking around the facility he found the place wasn't empty, other people were drinking the coffee while his android friend seemed to be failing... though those others were now looking quite terrified of the woman and neglecting to drink their own drinks any further.

"o.oll Uhh, I mean other people seem to be drinking it fine right? It's really quite strange that you're having a little bit of trouble with this drink, have you had a check up recently? Got those mouth sensors checked out? I hear they can be quite sensitive in newer models, just as the human ones are really picky when it comes to flavors."

Myra Chegernt

Myra Chegernt
Melany's gaze turned towards Flash, and while it was trying to be rational, she wasn't in the best mood to be rational. But it did had a pretty good point which made her look around the whole place and looked at everyone and all of them seemed to have a good time, beside the sudden furious android that is. "I can't be at fault here! I had the exact same coffee elsewhere before and it tasted as it should, but this... Even I can't make anything as bad as this!" The girl the began to think, her foot tapping loudly at the floor and having absolutely no regard for what others thought right now. She was pissed and took this personal.

This is when she had a thought crossing her mind. And if it was that? Personal... Apparently she had been the only one reporting something like this according to the manager earlier, and for it to happen twice to her seemed like an odd coincidence. She looked at her cup which was now half empty with the way the female android slammed it on the table but there was still enough in it. She picked it up and forwarded it to Flash. "Do you think you can scan its content? I could do it but... it taste horrible... If you can't then, I guess I'll have to endure..." A clear look of disgust was on her face before she looked dead serious to the tall android. "If it's not something in the coffee then I may have a problem with my taste buds, although it is unlikely. But I'll be sure to check, after a scan of this "thing"." The reason she didn't scan it before was simply because she'd have to initiate the scan before drinking, or else she'd scan absolutely everything all the time which was a pain, especially since she didn't consume a lot of things which often resulted in her taste buds scanning themselves.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"If you just wanted to know how it tasted then you'd probably be better asking someone else to taste it o.o But I guess I can run some kind of check? I've not got a whole lot of chemicals registered in my data-banks but I'll be able to tell if there's a foreign agent compared to the coffee I had." Flash informed her, gently taking the cup from her grasp.

Pouring half the remaining volume into his grill the droid paused momentarily, his body taking in the chemical structure and analyzing it's makeup. Eventually he nodded, "I can confirm the presence of a foreign agent in here o.o Something additional has been added to the coffee that I cannot identify, it might just be some kind of topping or something... I'm not sure what you've ordered, but it is a compound I've never experienced before so maybe not. Is the machine okay? o.o It's serving everyone else fine it looks like."

The manager and the customers surrounding the two seemed to be getting quite flustered and invested in what was going on, it was almost like a detective show had come to life before them.

Myra Chegernt

Myra Chegernt
"It is less about the taste now Flash, there's something wrong and I feel it. I could be wrong but..." Melany looked at the floor while the other android began his testing. She didn't want to be wrong, but at the same time it felt like being right wasn't the best outcome either. What if there really was something wrong with her drink? She immediately looked up in surprise when Flash actually confirmed that fear. The worst part was that Flash wasn't able to identify it. The girl sighed and picked her cup back and looked at it with disgust. "I guess if I want to know what's in it I'll have to analyse it too... Here goes..."

Taking a gulp of her terrible drink, Mel began her own tests in order to identify the foreign component in it. Her analyse didn't take long, and she surely didn't like what she found. She looked toward Flash and then the manager, but she smiled. "Well, I guess it was just me. The weird taste was coming from my defective taste buds, what Flash has detected was probably my own saliva which is probably not registered in his database. Can we talk in private Mr. Manager? I'd like to apologize formally to you." The manager was lost, he didn't understand what was going on but figured something was amiss so he accepted and guided the girl to his office in the back while another employee took care of the front desk. Mel gesture to Flash to follow since she figured he could be trusted.

At the office, Melany looked super serious and had lost her smile from earlier. She spoke in a low voice as she explained the situation. "My cup was poisoned." The manager was shocked to learn about this and couldn't figure out why did this happen in his shop. "Don't worry, I'm not blaming you especially, but something is definitively wrong. I mean, I am the only one who reported something like this... probably because being an android I'm immune to poisons... if there were others..." Mel's face became gloomy as she feared that some people might have been poisoned before her.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
Flash thought everything was fine and dandy for a moment. He was about to offer Melany a seat next to him at the table, not like he could be using a seat anyway, in order to just talk and stuff. She seemed nice enough despite her temper, today was probably just a bad day and she needed some calming down was all. First impressions weren't that important to Flash, though he found making them on other people was. Okay they were going into the back for some reason, maybe she just didn't want to make a fuss but apologize more wholeheartedly, he could understand that having done so and been apologized to in such a way himself... this view was quickly however dashed when the woman said something about poison.

"What?! Poison o.o That's very serious. Do you think it's fast acting and stuff or could it be in people and they don't know it? It seems like it was taste-able but perhaps having an android's taste buds is why it was. Then again, people take coffee out of this establishment... but you'd think the police would have come around by now if it was fast right? And some people would have fallen just outside the door on their first couple sips o.o" Flash made some logical points, though was frankly rather terrified for all the Fleshy ones inside the establishment. "I cof-feel like if people had been being poisoned for long someone would have turned up already o.o Poison would have been left in their cups which the police would examine, right... unless they all drank it all? Maybe you're the first and we can stop all this... but why would they poison you? You're good and nice, you just had a bad day ^^ But we probably don't have much tea-m to stop this before it's too late right?"

Myra Chegernt

Myra Chegernt
Melany reflected on the situation, completing the analysis on the poison she had ingested while the manager reclined in his chair totally out of it. Why would someone attempt to poison a customer like that? "Seems like the poison was cyanide, which would explain the horrible taste... but that's a good news. Cyanide is quick to react when ingested meaning that customers would have died in seconds and crumbled on the shop's floor. So I was the first one affected, in a way... that doesn't leave us with a lot to go on though..."

The girl then turned towards Flash just long enough to read what he had to say about the police investigating if there would have been reports on poisoning in the past which gave an idea to Mel. "Contacting the police would be a good idea right about now. You'd also need to close shop for the time of the investigation so no one falls victim to all this. If the police comes they'll be able to get fingerprints from my cup and know who touched it, might give us a clue as to who attempted to poison me." At that moment, Melany realized that she hadn't brought her cup with her and left it on the table back there. The manager was already on the phone, trying to reach Bellmuse's police force so the girl went to grab her cup.

There was one issue though, when she arrived at the table her cup was nowhere to be found and the table was all cleaned. Mel looked towards a couple at the next table and asked who picked it up and said that an employee came by and cleaned the table and left toward the back of the store, totally ignoring them in the process. This was bad, the girl felt like this wasn't accidental so she went toward the back of the coffee shop only to catch glimpse of someone running away the second Mel got out. She looked back into the shop and shouted. "We have our suspect!! Flash come give me a hand, we need to follow him while the police is on their way!" Without waiting she began her pursuit, all she needed was to not lose track of him, which wouldn't be that easy since she was wearing heels of all things. Why didn't she wore her flats today, or sneakers? She cursed her love of fashion as she kept running after the suspect.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"Yeah, it's probably for the best to call them o.o After all, I don't know anything about fingerprints or investigation or anything. Just know android anatomy and stuff, don't know the telltale signs of a Fleshy one being around. Like, I know they have finger prints and stuff but I don't know how they work." He informed them, staring at his own fingertips which were painted and without any of the traditional shapes. He was intending on listening to the conversation with the police, making sure all the details got across when he heard Melany shouting.

Bursting out of the back room and following her, he could just about make out whoever it was running away from the back of the shop. Fortunately behind it was a series of alleyways, they hadn't run out the front where it would be easy enough to hide among people. Even if Flash didn't know the alleyways, he had some belief in his abilities. He wasn't the fastest of hunters, faster than Melany sure but she was wearing heels, but being a machine his stamina was incredible. He didn't need to stretch, he didn't get fatigued like a fleshy one when trying to run at full speed. He ran like a ruby player, shoulders down and using his heavy top half in order to barrel forward even fasted. His turning wasn't super however, even just after overtaking Mel and turning he bumped into the stone walls.

Getting the runner in his sight once more he found they were in the middle of climbing a ladder. Flash couldn't continue first, turning his head back to Mel he stated; "You need to go up first, I don't know if it will take my weight. If you get up there first we'll at least still be able to see them."

Myra Chegernt

Myra Chegernt
Mel tried her best to follow the fleeing individual and while she knew she wasn't running fast, she thought that she would be faster than Flash. It was a big towering robot made of obviously rather heavily metal, so she clearly wasn't expecting it to catch up to her the way it did. She stared at the giant android with big eyes with each step it took in front of her. Seems like Flash would have better chances to catch the suspect than her, or at least that's what Melany thought until she turned the corner a bit after the other android to see its screen as its stood next to the ladder, encouraging her to go first. "I'll follow him on the roofs, you stay below and follow us from there. Let's try to ambush him, I'll give you instruction as to where he'd going from up there. Now kneel down for a sec!"

As she ran towards Flash, she prepared herself to jump and use the tall android as a stepping stone which would be far more faster than climbing the ladder. She quickly apologized for the improvised maneuver when she reached the top before resuming her chace. She could clearly see the man who was running from top to top, taking a slight moment between each jumps which gave time for Mel to catch up. "He's heading forward, slower now with all the jumping, you should be able to catch him, he's four buildings ahead." The girl then resumed her chase, making sure she had enough speed for each jump she had to make before leaping over the gaps left between the buildings. She wasn't even taking a second to evaluate the distances and trusted herself enough. Mel was getting closer and closer to the running individual and saw him prepare to jump across the alleyway Flash was currently in. "He's going to jump over to the other side!" did she shout to the other android as she made her last jump to land on the same roof the suspect was on, but only to see him jump as well.

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
Lowering a bit, Flash had absolutely no idea what Melany was going to do, only to be surprisingly used as a springboard. He hadn't considered that as an option, he'd been used for piggybacks and lifting people. This new method of using his height was quite new to him. Regardless he decided it would be for the best to follow her orders, running along through the alleyways in an attempt to follow the person as well as cut him off from below. He was pretty amazed at her ingenuity, she would have saved quite a lot of time and quite a lot of stamina by doing it.

Tracing around the buildings, hugging the walls and turning his optics upward in order to better see where the target was moving, Flash did hear her eventual shout. The man was about to pass overhead, if there was ever a time or chance to catch him it would be now.  Leading up, arms wide, Flash wasn't capable of jumping particularly high. As such, rather than launching himself into the air and grabbing the man... he jumped as high as he could, wrapped his hands around his legs, and dropped like a stone to the ground. The fleshy one in his arms incredibly surprised, so much so that they didn't even attempt to resist the large android's unbreakable grasp for a good few seconds.

Myra Chegernt

Myra Chegernt
Melany's heels made it quite the challenge to pursue someone, especially on the uneven surfaces of certain roofs so it really wasn't the best for her to catch the suspect. She was reaching out her hand in order to get a grip of the running man, but he jumped right before she could even lay a hand on him and jumping right after him doing so wasn't going to grant an easy landing so Mel stopped on the ledge of the roof, only to see some metalic arms reach up for the runaway's legs and bring him down with quite some speed. It surprised even the girl who was watching the scene and she wondered what had just happened. She leaned forward to see Flash clinging to the fleeing man.

Mel giggled at the fugitive trying to get away from the tall android's grip by wiggling around before she jumped down from the roof in order to join the two while she was trying to reach the cop via her phone. "Hello, I call to report that we caught a suspicious man running away from the downtown coffee after finding traces of poison in a cup... mhm, yes it's the same situation, we just caught the guy... alright we're waiting... don't worry he won't get away." Melany looked towards Flash after hanging up and smiled to him. "The cops are coming, they should show up any minute. All we have to do is be sure he doesn't escape, which I'm sure you won't have trouble doing." The girl then leaned against the wall and waited, she didn't really need to hear the story of why or how he attempted to poison her, the fact that he tried was enough for her to label him as bad. She preferred talking with Flash instead. "How come you're so fast? I know that heels aren't the best thing to wear for running, but you're so big and look so heavy and yet, you were far more faster then me... I'm not weight-shaming you by the way."

Flash Driver

Flash Driver
"Ah, weighting for them shouldn't be too hard -w- He's squirmy but he's not very strong, you might want ti take the cup out his hand before he tries to break it or something. My feet are simple, I don't need shoes and I'm pretty top heavy." Flash switched up his position, going from holding the man's legs to pinning him on his back in one of the programmed judo holds... but really he was just pressing down with his massive weight to prevent him from moving. "By leaning forward I can use the weight from my upper body for momentum and drive forward quite quickly ^^ That and just really long legs, I am pretty tall after all. Being a machine of my build I also don't have stamina as much as I do charge, so I can run at a persistent speed for some time."

The man wasn't exactly sitting comfortably, having heard that he was likely to face jail time he was pushing quite a lot. Shouting obscenities as he resisted beneath the large robot. Flash wasn't causing the man any pain, simply mild discomfort as the large droid pushed down on him. The girl probably didn't know Flash was an ardent pacifist, not dealing damage to fleshy ones even at the cost of his own body... so despite the man knocking at his body (likely hurting his own fist) Flash remained still and unwavering.

Myra Chegernt

Myra Chegernt
Melany bent over to take the cup from the runaway's hand after Flash suggested it. It was an important piece of evidence since there was still traces of the poison in it, which would prove the attempted murder. Leaning back against the wall, she read Flash's explanation as to its great speed for its mass, which made a lot of sense. The girl then watched as the suspect tried his best to get away from the tall droid but in vain, he was pinned down without hope of escaping.

Minutes later the police showed up, a couple of cars stopped in the alleyways exit as the officers joined the two androids and took custody of the criminal and the cup. They thanked the two before leaving, said that the manager already told them everything they needed in order to get the man behind bars for a long time. The culprit cursed the two robotic individual, saying  "I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you stupid meddling bots!" as he was forced on the backseat of one of the cars.

Mel sighed as the police left, she was glad that everything was over, all that for a cup of coffee... from one of the things she didn't need but enjoyed, coffee was the one trying to kill her. Next would be fashion? The girl then turned to Flash and smiled. "Well, what a thing to do to begin the day huh? I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen everyday. Well, since the problem was solved, I think I'll head back to the coffee shop for a GOOD cup this time. Will you be joi- oh, give me a sec." Melany's phone was ringing, it was someone that had a job for her but she had to be fast and show up as soon as possible. It made her happy to have a job, but at the same time it was in the opposite direction from the coffee shop. She hung up and sighed once again. "I have to go, work is calling. I guess I'll only get that coffee another day in the end. It was a pleasure meeting you Flash, let's meet up sometime, I'm sure we won't have to deal with a similar situation next time." She bowed slightly in front of the tall android before leaving.

--EXIT--

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum