You are not connected. Please login or register

A Pro Tem Diversion (Teachers/Staff Only)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dr. Harvey Equinox

Dr. Harvey Equinox
In a classroom, but a small lecture hall reserved for Harvey and Harvey alone, that is not assuming students of course was where Harvey finally had made his way to Syne Academy. Just last year, he had been a student at a huntsman academy just like this one, and now he was one of the professors. Oh how tables turn even with the most minute grains of sand creeping their way through the neck of the hourglass, and unto their brethren. Harvey sighed as this thought passed him by and he covered the chair behind his heavy mahogany desk in a quilt which he had saved from his childhood. His mother had made him that quilt, so he had some sentiment for its continual companionship. He walked up to a table in the center of the lecture hall and placed a holopad down, causing the space above it to erupt with light. Harv passed his hand through it with several flourishes until the title "Dr. Harvey Equinox" was clearly visible, and he swatted it with his hand, spinning the words about to face the seats. With now a rather tentative amount of time before he was required to report his arrival to the academy, he sat down in his chair and pulled his briefcase onto the desk. Upon opening it, the jumbled mess of papers was apparent and the professor began to rummage through, looking for the paper he needed right this moment, not noticing the strange looks of the students that just happened to be passing by, seeing a young man no older than them scrounging through a briefcase at a professors desk.

Ruppy

Ruppy
Ruben walked down the lecture halls on the way to the courtyard,with his mouth covered by a scarf he always wears and his hands in his pockets. Someone asked him to meet them there. The only problem is he doesn't know who the person is. While he was walking down the halls he noticed all the students looking at one particular room. Ruben pushed through all of the students and found his way through the students and found a man that looks no older than the students. He walked into the classroom and walked over to the desk the teacher was sitting at. He read the holopad and found out the name of the guy is "Dr. Harvey Equinox". He looked at the man who is seeming to have trouble finding a paper."Do you need help sir?"Ruben said as he stretched out his hand for a handshake,revealing his hand to be covered in gloves to hide his mechanical nature."I am Ruben Nuke, the weapon crafting teacher at the academy. You don't have to tell me your name,I already know your name," Ruben said to Harvey in a sort of monotone voice.

Dr. Harvey Equinox

Dr. Harvey Equinox
Harvey shakes his hand clearly indicating that he is refusing help. He struggles with his briefcase for a long while, going as far as to shove his head into one of the zippers, causing all of the papers to fall out, making a mess everywhere on the floor. He pulls off the briefcase with a gasp, seemingly trying to regain his breath. He drops his briefcase to the ground and picks up a small file on the ground and places it on the table. He leans back into his chair, completely ignoring Ruben for a few moments, still having yet to even look at him. He grabs the file and starts reading it as he pulls a Rubik's cube out of his blazer pocket, beginning to solve it with his free hand while he studies the file. Eventually he closes his eyes, stopping his rotation of the cube and slowly inhaling through his nose. He opens his eyes and continues to read the file, but sets the cube on his desk having solved it already. "Ruben..." he repeats, almost lazily. He flips a page of the file over before continuing on. "I'll be handling the instruction of Criminal Investigations & Interrogations here for the prospective huntsman and huntresses that choose to attend this esteemed institution. Continuum scientiae militari. Before you bring up my age, keep in mind that I am fully qualified for my seat, and that I would prefer to be treated as an equal under most any circumstance." He pulls a cigarette from his breast pocket and places in his mouth, not lighting it, but just continuing to read for now. He still has not looked at Ruben once.

Ruppy

Ruppy
Ruben looked at the man as he finally finds his file. He saw the man solve a Rubik's Cube right in front of his very eyes. Right after Harvey set the cube on his desk,Ruben immediately picked it back up and inspected it down to the last molecule. He put down the cube and looked at the man as he talked about being the teacher of criminal investigations and interrogation. The only part he got was when he told him about what he teaches and his age. Ruben wanted to lie about asking him about his age but decided to tell the truth. If the man is the teacher of investigations and interrogations,he can probably tell if a man is lying."I was about to ask about your age but since you don't want to talk about it I can keep my mouth shut," Ruben said to the man. Even if Ruben judged the man about how he looked like a student,Ruben can say thing about himself. He doesn't have any hair anywhere except for the hair on his head. He even looks young at first glance. Ruben held out something in his hand. At first glance it seems like a extremely tiny black cube with a neon line around the edges. Only Ruben knows that the thing is a projector. He made the things so little so they can be easy to carry. "You can use this if you want,"Ruben said to the man referring to the tiny projector in his hand."It can help out with classes."

Dr. Harvey Equinox

Dr. Harvey Equinox
Harvey glances over to see the cube and looks back at his file He abruptly snaps the file shut, and stands up on top of his chair. "Unnecessary." He said as he stepped from his chair onto his desk, then continuing to jump over the mess of papers muddled about. He walks up to the holo-pad in the center of the room and places both hands within the light. He clenches one fist and waves the other hand to the left until a small building is seen in full three-dimensional view. He opens his palms and places his thumbs together before slowly dragging them apart to zoom the building and make it larger.

"When I was completing my doctoral dissertation on "Formulating a Solution to Global Terrorism" I used the holopad to identify strategic zones for large bandit tribes, the White Fang, etcetra. What you see here however..." He led off as he cut his arm vertically through the image, splitting the building in half and showing each room and everything inside of it. ".. was a known shipping warehouse which we now know to have been instrumental in the White Fang assault in the Battle for Beacon. I plan to use this in my first lecture on room clearing and hostile identification, as well as explaining why this class is becoming mandatory for all huntsmen in training worldwide, that mistakes made and unlearned are simply brutal losses. Redemptio enim innocentes." He stares wistfully as he gently bats the blueprint causing it to rotate

Ruppy

Ruppy
Ruben watched the man step over all of the papers on the floor. The man made a huge projection of a Whit Fang warehouse that was essential to the fall of Beacon. Beacon. That name brings up some old memories. Ruben's sister attended Beacon. It was fine until the day she came home and told Ruben about the school. Ruben shook his head to clear the thoughts from his head. He stepped closer to Harvey's desk but accidentally stepped on some of the papers the man left on the floor. Ruben decided to pick up all of the papers after putting his mini-projector on the desk. After picking up all of the papers and sitting them down on the desk,while accidentally setting it on top of the projector, Ruben walked over to the holopad and attempted to operate it. He tried to bring up a building but ended up pulling up a Geist. Giving up on trying to operate the holopad, Ruben swatted away the projection, causing it to fizzle away.

Dareios

Dareios
Dareios, as old as he was, was walking around trying to find the class he was to teach. Well, the room of which. However, that's not what he found. He ended up finding two people talking in a room. He was to enter right as the fellow that was not in a white coat was swatting away a projection.

"Hello. I heard your name was Ruben, and you are..."

He looked at the younger man, who was obviously quite smart. This almost made him chuckle. The boy was probably smarter, and stronger then the old man.

"I'm inclined to agree. All losses are brutal and unneeded. Gah, I'm sorry. I haven't introduced myself. My name is Dareios Orange. I'm here to teach these children how to keep calm and not panic. It's quite the skill to have, and I'm willing to bet both of you have it."

He realized his trailing 'you are' earlier was slightly rude. It was not intended. He would have to invite these two for tea later.

Dr. Harvey Equinox

Dr. Harvey Equinox
It took Harvey a moment to take in the words of the newcomer, albeit he wondered why his classroom was such a tourist spot for a moment before remembering that he is the new teacher here. He halted his words even further as he walked over to the holopad to repair the damage which Ruben had done to his interactive lessons. It took him a few stark moments making gestures and swaying his hands about in the light before the words 'Dr. Harvey Equinox' reappeared on the projection and were spun around to face the desks that the students would sit in. He then switches it off for now, that Ruben may do no further damage to his introduction, now finally turning to Dareios, unlit cigarette still hanging from his mouth. He closes his eyes before opening them once more and speaking. "Harvey Equinox, PhD. Please call me Harvey though, it wouldn't do for my peers to refer to me by title. I'm glad to see a class like yours is going to be offered here. I studied psychology for many years, I can appreciate the idea of keeping calm in a crisis, and respect the skill."

He pats down his body, wanting to finally light the cigarette, only to realize that he left his lighter back in Atlas. He keeps the cigarette in his mouth and just kinda... pretends it's lit, but doesn't pantomime anything. "Something like that should honestly be added to the global common core for education given the whole... you know, negativity seeking monsters of death that wander Remnant." He had actually made that point in his dissertation for psychology when he was presenting his thesis on why the creatures of grimm were so differently concentrated based on the general welfare of the people of each kingdom, he thought wistfully for a moment before snapping back to reality.

Ruppy

Ruppy
Ruben turned over to Dareios and waved."You already know my name,I teach how to craft multiform weapons," Ruben said to the man. He walked over to the man and held out his hand."That is a nice class you are teaching,it's important to learn how to control your emotions when fighting any type of grimm,no matter big or small," Ruben said to the teacher as he turned over to Harvey."I guess we might need to work together in the future,and do you need help lightning that cigarette,I don't think you should smoke but if you want to I can help," Ruben said as he pulled out a lighter. Ruben doesn't know why he always carries one around. Best bring the umbrella to the picnic than get rained on I guess. Ruben put the lighter back in his pocket before turning his attention back on the man in front of him.

Dareios

Dareios
"Smoking is just something that people use to deal with things. It's a fantastic way to keep calm. It might cause problems in the long run, but that doesn't matter if it keeps you calm. Keeping calm might save your life."

He spoke, smiling softly.

"Weaponry is very important to have. I'm glad that you're a teacher here, Ruben."

He stretched and yawned, he didn't have the urge to stay awake that he had when he was younger. He could nap at any time and probably be alright. It was the nice thing about being old. No one would bother him about it. Taking into consideration everything, the old man should be napping then, but he wasn't.

"I wouldn't say that it should be added to core. I think it should be more that if the students need help with it based upon the early tests and examinations done by the academy, that they be brought to the class. If some can stay perfectly calm, that's great. It'd be perfect to weed out and keep classes at a reasonable level."

Dr. Harvey Equinox

Dr. Harvey Equinox
Harvey let the cigarette hang loosely from his mouth as he nods and actually looks Dareios in the eye, something which he still has yet to do to Ruben himself. He makes short grunts of acknowledgement whenever Dareios finishes a statement. "I believe that it should become common core, not just for the huntsmen and huntresses, but at the grade school level. It's not just a question of effectiveness in adult life, but it's a universal law of survival." Harvey doesn't even pull the cigarette out of his mouth to blow the smoke, but rather jams his hands into his blazer pockets and exhales the smoke through his nose. "Mastery of this skill is imperative to to survival of all of Remnant, as disaster WILL continue to happen and if we cannot keep ourselves stable in those situations then the grimm are sure to keep taking every single thing that we continue to call civilization."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum