You are not connected. Please login or register

How to make Robo Gentle(private/Maestus)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Maestus

Maestus
"I... maybe.  I really don't know if this is accurate or not, but I also don't have much to prove that it's wrong.  I mean, this is the only body I've ever known as mine.  As far as I can remember, I've always been this."  Maestus spoke while looking at her arms and hands.  It wasn't as if anything had changed, but the subject that the two of them were going over made her body feel different, uncertain.  Come to think of it, Maestus didn't have any memories of learning to use her body or being created.  The earliest memory she possessed was when she met her 'father.'

That might be something.  Turning her head towards Ishi, she started to get her thoughts together.  Where was he, again?  Would it be alright to stop by out of nowhere?  Maestus began to doubt if it was really a good idea, but it wasn't as if she wouldn't be welcome back home, and a father is supposed to be there for their kin either way.  Yes, it could definitely work.  He probably knows more about where she came from than she did.  Even if it's barely anything, it's better than being left in the dark with nothing to go off of except for a book about spiritual nonsense.

"Hey, I know someone who might be able to help us, but he's... all the way in Solitas."  Maestus looked to the floor in disappointment as she realized how far they would have to travel just to see if her father had any information at all, and she wasn't even completely certain that he had anything to provide.  "My father lives somewhere over there, alone.  He was the one who found me and actually helped me start to think things through again."  It wasn't their best lead, but she at least knew that he hid her from whoever it was that was chasing her years ago.  The people he hid her from might have been the same people that made her body.

Ishi Omo

Ishi Omo
"Alright. We're going there then."

Ishi looked deeply into himself. Was this worth the effort. Was this worth the effort of calling in a family airship and having it fly them all the way to atlas, despite this only being a minor problem on the students part. Well, it was what he considered minor. He couldn't be bothered to determine if it was actually a major problem.

He looked up his dad on his scroll and called him.

"Yeah. It's me. I need an Airship. Don't worry why, It's important. Obviously it's for a party, because your 30 year old son would totally be hosting parties. Land it in the courtyard. Yes, I know where I'm going."

He looked at Maetsus and got moving towards the courtyard.

"Come. We're to be there in a few hours if we get our best pilot. If we get the worst, expect a few more hours to be added. You know where the guy is, right?"

Maestus

Maestus
"Yeah, once we get to Atlas, I'll be able to know where to go. He lives really far up north, so I'm used to going form his home to the city and back for supplies. It's not too long of a journey."

Following after Ishi, Maestus began to wonder how much of Atlas has changed since she left Solitas. Come to think of it, the distance between her father's house and civilization was actually quite far, but Ishi didn't need to know that yet. They were either going to use a car or something to get as close as possible before the snow becomes too much, or she was going to have to carry him and sprint the whole way. Not getting tired had it's benefits.

"So, do you come from a wealthier family or something? I've never heard anybody ask for an airship without talking all formally or anything." If they were really going to travel for hours, it'd probably be best to start a conversation. Besides, she wasn't used to experiencing wealth. She 'grew up' in the middle of nowhere in a log cabin, it's not like she was bathing in champagne.

Ishi Omo

Ishi Omo
"Parents are wealthy investors, I'm a well known doctor and I got a lot of money stored away from the time I was an assassin. The teachers here also get paid rather well, so an Airship is well within my funds. Plus, pilots lend themselves to anyone willing to pay."

He arrived at the courtyard, where he'd see the airship land. He'd signal for the guy to open up the back and hop in while motioning Maestus to do the same. He felt like facing down some people she knew well could also make a good time for teaching her how to be gentle all things considered. He could consider this a good deed. He was certainly raised in an odd atmosphere compared to most people.

"Sister tends to just bring home pricey...hmm. What could I call them that's 'school appropriate?' Uh, they entertain her in all the ways that a rich family would consider shameful. Ironically, the child who's murdered people is the prize child. Take that as you will."

Maestus

Maestus
Hopping into the Airship, Maestus was forced to remember what the voice had revealed about her teacher.  It's strange to be face to face with someone who shamelessly talks about how they used to kill people as just some job.  She pondered what it'd be like, taking the life of someone she didn't know, whether they deserved it or not.  She wasn't sure she could do it.  Her father always taught her to treat people the way they deserved to be treated.  Sure, this might end up with her killing them, but she'd have to know that they deserved death.

"I don't know if I'd be able to be an assassin.  I mean, I only killed one guy who I wasn't sure deserved it."  She was beginning to recall a moment in her life, the first time she went on a supply run to Atlas. "It was just... some guy.  Some guy hanging around an alleyway.  I was in town to pick up some food or something, I don't really remember.  But this guy just sort of showed up and startled me.  I was nervous already, on guard for whatever it was that my father warned me about when it came to civilization.  So, I... yeah. He was...  I don't know.  All I remember is something red splashing into my eyes, waves of gore crashing against my head again and again, AND I JUST WANTED TO LEARN HOW TO SURF!"

Maestus fell silent for a moment before what she said started to sink in.  That was the most embarrassing moment she's had at this school so far!  Honestly, who loses control of their own speech just out of nowhere?  Sure, it's happened before, but only in a fight or when she's angry.  Why now?  "I'm so sorry about that.  I don't know what that was."

Ishi Omo

Ishi Omo
He, despite being able to stick things in the back of his brain and keep them there so he didn't feel guilty, understood the shock of the idea of killing someone and how it could mentally ruin someone. Especially a robot who didn't actually have the ability to stick their problems where the sun don't shine and keep them there. That's why he was here, at this moment, after all. He had to make sure his student was calm, as simply put, she was not at the moment.

"It was a normal reaction to remembering murder someone. In case you're curious to how I talk like I do. I, for the most part, lack a thign that says 'no that's bad' because i'm not a good person. However, you don't. You have that thing in the back of your head that goes 'no stop.'"

He knew that the robot didn't lack it because it made it obvious by the mental lapse within the ability to speech or something. He wasn't a doctor. Well. He was. He just did like...surgeries and stuff. Not mental lapses and stuff like that.

Maestus

Maestus
"I... I guess you're right."  Maestus took her seat on the Airship and thought about what Ishi had just told her.  Of course he didn't mean an actual voice, seeing how that person is in trouble at the moment, but she wasn't sure what he meant by a thing in the back of her head that tells her to stop.  Maestus has always just done whatever seemed like a rational thing at the time, but not a lot of her choices were based on morals.  Maybe there was something to this, but for now it was going to be a bit of a mystery to her.

"I don't know why, but recently I've been losing control of what I say.  Usually it just happens when I get angry enough, but now I think it might happen just from thinking about something even remotely negative... I mean, I don't do anything, I just scream out nonsense."  Maestus's head began to create an audible ticking sound.  Like a clock that doesn't tick in the right time, making noise at random intervals.  "I hope my father will be able to help us out.  This whole secretive thing about my existence is really putting me on edge, and I CAN'T TAKE IT."

Frustrated with how her speech started to seem like it was getting a mind of it's own, Maestus crossed her arms and stared dead ahead, refusing to speak until she knew she was calm.

Ishi Omo

Ishi Omo
A deeply contemplative look appeared on Ishi's face. It was not something that often appeared on his face, despite his occupation. Usually, he had all his answers. He only taught things he knew the answers to. That was what made him, him. He never took risks after becoming a doctor, not ones that could end badly. That's why, even when he got stabbed, he knew that it was going to be fine due to his innate skills and abilities. However, he didn't know how to care for people emotionally, and that's ironically what the robot needed. He was obviously uncomfortable with the situation.

"Look. I know for a fact the limited amount I know about actual psychology doesn't allow me to say that your personality thing isn't meant to be bugged. That just means one of two things. Either that person is the one supposed to be monitoring or even controlling it, or your hardware is under a lot of stress."

He didn't have a lot of answers. That was just the fact of the matter. He, at this point, desperately wanted answers he didn't have to comfort his student.

Maestus

Maestus
Maestus shook her head, understanding what Ishi was trying to say, but having to disagree with it.  She never saw her thought processes as programs that use hardware or anything.  The only parts of her that had hardware was a small part of what would be considered her spine and the entirety of her limbs.  "I don't have hardware in my head, and my thoughts aren't a series of numbers or programs.  I don't know if stress is the right word in that sense."  Maestus pointed at her head to emphasize her point before beginning to pace back and forth, confused on what the problem could be.

"The sooner we get to my father's home, the better.  He'll at least be able to get me to calm down.  I hope.  Based on what he told me, if I start acting "feral" or anything...  Ishi, you used to be an assassin, right?"  Maestus faced Ishi, looking him in the eyes to try and figure him out for the first time.  She had plenty of time to talk to him and figure out more about him, but she wasn't sure what he was capable of.  "You'd be able to stop me from hurting people, right?  Or at least be able to keep me from running off?"

Ishi Omo

Ishi Omo
Ishi shifted his lab coat to reveal his sword.

"I, uh, didn't do as much physical combat as people think. I'm still heavily trained due to my parents though. Had me trained from the age of like... 5? I'm not entirely sure. It's been a long time I've been training."

He was not lying. Due to the nature of being rich and the bad people out there, he had been trained since he was immensely young. That was just the fact of the matter. Could he handle this robot in particular in single combat? Perhaps, although he wouldn't say he likes to risk it. He knew that, straight up, that the robot would beat him in hand to hand combat. However, when you take into consideration tactics and experience, perhaps it becomes a bit more equal. He wasn't sure the age of Maestus, but he bet old enough.

"We're probably 30 minutes off. Get yourself ready."

Maestus

Maestus
"Well, that's not too comforting of an answer, but that's probably the best I'm gonna get, right?  I do need to warn you.  If I do start to attack you, for whatever reason there might be, feel free to escape.  Not sure what I'd think of myself, killing my own teacher like that."  It felt awkward saying this out loud, but it wasn't like she was trying to brag about her abilities.  If it wasn't for her concern over actually hurting her friends, there would be a lot of people in the hospital.  Maybe even some place worse.

Even if Ishi did have plenty of training behind him, Maestus was pretty sure that no amount of training would be able to save him from the power behind her attacks.  Ishi would either have to tire her out, risking himself without fighting back, or he would have to fight back and potentially put himself in real danger.  She shook her head.  Thinking about this was just stressing her out.  "30 minutes?  Where was this airship when I needed it?  I had to search for one on foot before I finally found one, and it took forever just to get to Syne."  Changing the subject was a welcome idea.

Ishi Omo

Ishi Omo
"It appears when you have the disposable wealth to throw at really, really good airships. Plus, the people flying them are top notch. When we land, you'll be in the lead. I'll try to put on my nicest face, despite the fact that I sorta shouldn't be doing this?"

He probably had class that he was forgetting about. He sent a message to his TA about posting a sign on the door if that was the case. He usually used his TA to cover the fact that he often went and did other things that weren't teaching, but his teaching was memorable when it happened.

This didn't change the fact that he was doing a sorta of teacherly thing? He sometimes forgot that he was a 32 year old, single man who probably did more things in his life than he should've, but this was a new thing. Something he wasn't sure he was ever planning on doing in the first place. That was just a neat thing.

Maestus

Maestus
Feeling the airship land at it's destination, Maestus made her way off and began to get her bearings.  She wasn't too sure on her exact location, but she knew they had to go further north, with meant... that way.  "Alright, let's get there as soon as we can, shall we?" Without waiting for a response, she broke into a sprint away from the airship, running as fast as she could in what she assumed was the right direction.  She wasn't sure exactly how fast she was or how long the journey to her father's house would be, but she was fairly certain that it wouldn't take as long as she remembered.  Last time she ventured from her home, she was simply wandering aimlessly, so knowing where she was going was certainly going to help.

As she ran, she thought about something that Ishi said.  Come to think of it, bringing a student all the way to another country wasn't exactly a normal thing for a teacher to do, especially without planning anything out.  Wondering if she was going to cause him some trouble with his boss or something, Maestus turned her head as she ran to try and figure out if he was worried or anything.

Ishi Omo

Ishi Omo
As the plane landed, and Maestus decided to start moving. He called the airship off once she started sprinting. Ishi was a slightly out-of-shape 30 something. Well, out of shape compared to a lot of these young chaps. He was still moving at a reasonable speed, but that just meant that he had to run and get in shape after this. He wouldn't talk, just follow. He was curious about the person who took care of him.

He'd also have to publish something on this adventure, to both his father and his boss. Normally, if one would just unlock his door, he was probably passed out in a chair. That was the fact. However, that wasn't the case here. The case here was that he had went across a lot of land and in a pain to him, had to help a student figure out her hard times. That was a bother, but he was going to follow the student anyway.

Maestus

Maestus
After sprinting for some time, Maestus noticed that she was definitely going faster than Ishi was. Plus, Ishi's a human being. He's bound to get tired by sprinting after her for so long. Turning around on a dime, Maestus sprinted directly towards her teacher, only changing direction to keep herself from running into a passerby or obstacle that might trip her.

Whether or not Ishi reacted to this at all, Maestus would run to Ishi's side, run at his pace for a moment, then run full speed whilst picking him up. "Sorry, but I'm not even running as fast as I used to, and I don't really have faith that you'll be able to keep this up!" She didn't really feel bad, but she did feel that she should probably apologize just to be polite. This definitely wasn't something he planned on experiencing today.

Running further and further from the main part of the city they landed in, Maestus would begin picking up more and more speed, startling whoever happened to be in the way as she did so. If she had to guess, they'd probably arrive in twenty minutes or so. Realizing this, she was glad that she made up her mind to assist Ishi on this journey. Sprinting for twenty minutes straight without taking a break didn't seem like something he was used to doing.

Ishi Omo

Ishi Omo
In retrospect, Ishi shouldn't have started sprinting after the robot, who would have more stamina than he. Mainly endless stamina. He didn't know how robots worked. That was a mystery to him. However, when his tendons started to do him a hurt, that's when Ishi knew one thing. He should probably stop, but he had to keep up with the robot, who then dropped back and started running beside him. He was then picked up by the robot, and that was weird. Maestus was a unique case. Already making progress being gentle, and taking others into consideration.

That was nice. He'd not that if he weren't going super fast in the arms of the robot that had deigned to follow up on his request to visit. He would be carried, quietly, until they arrived. Once she stopped, and they had arrived, he would motion for her to let him down.

"Alright, so let us meet the man who keeps you going."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum