You are not connected. Please login or register

Relativity clauses. [Invite only / Quill]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
There was training. Pushing the body past it's physical limits. And even for an android, there was strain. There was overextertion. Certainly when designed the way she was. A meld of bio-engineering and metal. There weren't sores for her, however. Just warning messages. So there was even a limit for her. A body needed to grow accostumed to new skills The soft rushing of water at the stream right next to her did miracles to keep one at peace.

Our android sat there, cross legged with the scythe leaning against one of her shoulders. The blade looming over her, as if it was anticipating to take her head. Yet Mathilde herself looked the pinnacle of serene. Her eyes closed. Hands folded together. It was a rare occasion for her to be at ease once. Rather than training, studying or actually fighting for missions. She was unhindered by a lack of sleep and such, so she had a lot of time. A lot of time she hated to waste.

But this was nice once in a while. Just sitting and resting.

One of her silver eyes cracked open and she looked around, before glancing up at the afternoon sun, letting out a soft breath.

Quill Darwind

Quill Darwind
Quill didn't have much doing today so he decided to go do some mountain surfing, something he did back home. Though there was no active volcano on the island he did the best thing and went to the Finnek forest, he had heard that there was a slope that could let him pick up enough speed to go truly mountain surfing. He did find this place but it seems that there is no rock formations that would make a good board so he his weapon instead. At the start of it, it was very smooth and felt like he was back home but when he entered the area with more trees it became a little harder. This made things more fun because Quill has not tried dodging anything but boulders before but this also meant Quill will wipe out if he doesn't master it soon. He did wipe out and was tumbling for a bit, he skipped across a pond and stopped right in front of someone.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
Rumbling was audible. The sound of cracking branches and skidding across dirt. Before a loud thud mere centimeters away from her. She glanced down, both eyes open now, with a cold and steely gaze at the man that had crashed down infront of her. The android was silent for several minutes, before letting out a borderline annoyed sigh. "Good afternoon," she greeted, taking her scythe and putting it on the ground, slowly getting to her feet.

Once up, Mathilde would lean forward, offering her hand towards Quill to get up. And if he'd accept, she'd pull the man to his feet with a massive feat of strength. Without even breaking a sweat or letting out a breath of effort. She was just damned strong.

Though she didn't let go either. She moved closer, going to pad off some dirt and branches from his outfit.

"I'm Mathilde Harmaa," she stated while giving Quill the short one over. Moreso to check for any possible wounds rather than weaponry. "I trust you're not severely hurt?" From what she could see, there weren't really any severe indications towards. No bones portruding, not too much blood. The usual that would kill a human being. "And. Who might you be?" She answered

Quill Darwind

Quill Darwind
Quill was fine, he had much harder falls,"Oh my name is Quill Darwind of Little Torch, it is nice to meet you. Though i have to ask, why are you out here by yourself? Seems strange to be out here all by yourself, unless someone is with you and they just went off to do something like get firewood or something like that." Quill saw his weapon next to a tree, well in a tree, pretty deep in a very think one. How fast was he going? "Anyway sorry for the crash, not used to this kind of area, was raise next to a active volcano and there isn't that much grass over there, mostly ash, gravel, and hot springs. Oh would you like to try some mountain surfing with mean, i could make you a board that most people would use for more slick areas like this one." Quill is a strange one himself but generally a nice person when it comes to meeting new people.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
"Nice meeting you," Mathilde answered, before frowning at his question. "Relaxation, introspection," Mathilde answered, finally letting go of him after determining he was unhurt. Seemed like his aura had taken most of the damage. She followed his eyes towards the weapon and frowned, lifting hallowed redeemer on her shoulder and moving towards. Grasping the hilt of Quill's weapon and pulling it out of the tree like it was nothing. "A fine weapon," she mused under her breath, before walking back to Quill and holding out the hilt.

"I'd.. Severely doubt I would be any good," she answered. And there was truth to the statement. Though it was more along the lines of, whatever 'board' he could create, she'd shatter it instantly with the brunt of her weight. Sadly enough. And it seemed a rather inefficient way of getting around. "I'll pass, though thank you for the offer." She moved back to the spot where she had been seated, going to sit down, cross legged. The leathers she wore creaking under the duress. She laid the scythe back in her lap, looking up at Quill. "So, Quill Darwind of Little Torch," she tilted her head. "Are you a student at Syne academy? I recognize you faintly."

Quill Darwind

Quill Darwind
Quill looked at her and said,"Yes, i'm majoring in the combat cores, a lot of people want to fight each other in there don't know why." He stabbed his weapon into the ground making a back rest for him when he sat down,"I like your weapon, its a scythe if memory servers me right. Its a elegant weapon but with a agriculture background, truly a great weapon for combat. Oh sorry about that didn't mean to say that out loud." Quill blush out of embarrassment, he is talking about how he finds scythes beautiful while a girl is right in fount of him. He just kept his silence for a bit because he didn't want to embarrass himself again. He did look up at her and did see she was kinda pretty but still he didn't want to embarrass himself further, then he said in his head,"Whelp this lady probably thinks i am some sort of weirdo with some perverted things going on in his mind, why did i have to say that."

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
"I think it's rather usual," Mathilde answered truthfully, producing a handkerchief from her coat and going to wipe the shaft of Hallowed Redeemer. "Competition, testing your skills." Before moving over to the blade, making sure it had that hauntingly beautiful sheen to it. A well kept weapon, with only a few knicks and hitches in the otherwise pristine blade. Testimony to previous battles. But here Mathilde sat. And not her opponents, the conclusion was that this scythe had reaped a harvest before. Though it was not of crops, but of enemies. She was beautiful, correct. But her appearance could also be described as intimidating, even haunting at times. Certainly when she was actually using the scythe.

"If memory serves? It's very recognisable as a scythe," she assured with a soft smile. Though it was an odd smile. her eyes remained cold. As if it was a feigned smile. A poor fake substituting for the real deal. "This blade, shaft and pommel has been specifically designed for combat, however. I think whatever poor soul of a farmer would use this, would be exhausted due to the sheer weight." With a soft zing, she pulled the weapon from her lap and held it up, inspecting it with a soft frown on her face. "Though I'll need to have it looked at soon apparently," she hummed under her breath. Examining the blade, before lowering it again. "The blade's chipped lightly."

Quill Darwind

Quill Darwind
"Oh a chip in the blade, i could take a look and see what i could do for it. Though it would look weird for your blade but still would be a little help for now." He didn't try doing anything to the blade until she said it was ok. If she say ok he would put some obsidian where the chip it but it would be easy to removed by anyone wanting to repair the weapon properly. "So just a throw in the dark, is your major combat as well, sorry if i got it wrong but i dout that someone with a weapon that large would go into any other major, but i have been proven wrong." He then took his weapon out of the ground, the weapon was covered in scratches and repairs, it is still well kept but really scratch upped. He started to clean his weapon and started to sharpen it, it made this terrifying sound that would make someones blood curdle from it.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
She shrugged slowly and gestured at herself. "I don't care about strange," as if the blade itself didn't look strange enough. "Don't worry about that, just worry about not damaging it further," she stated, letting the unspoken threat hang in the air momentarily, before holding out the massive scythe towards Quill, yet holding the shaft herself. Getting to her feet whilst he busied himself with the massive blade. The obsidian chip was put in the crack, and seemed to remain there even after she took a step back and gave a few swings of the thing. Checking the blade again, the obsidian fragment still lodged firmly in the blade. A hum of approval came from the rather stoic woman, before she glanced back at Quill.

"A correct assumption," Mathilde stated as the scythe circled around chillingly slow, before a soft thud indicated it's rest on her shoulders again. "The weapon is indeed a dead giveaway," she agreed before glancing around, a deep breath leaving her. "Thanks for the improvised repair. Where'd you learn that trick with the obsidian?" She questioned, genuinely curious at this point. Obsidian was a durable material, she was already putting together some ideas on how to improve hallowed redeemer altogether.

Quill Darwind

Quill Darwind
"Well from where i'm from, all male need to learn how to repair anything at its most basic level. So a lot of men are normally repairer for companies but we are paid less then are female counter parts. But that a story for another time, they had me work on repairing blades, I ran out of scrap metal to repair this hulking mining blade so i use obsidian to fix it. It worked like it had repaired it with normal metal, though they found out and replaced it with metal. Then they threw me in a holding cell for a long time, then a strike happen and i was freed and the equal pay returned to the area. But ya it was because of that that i found out about the shard repair." Quill form a knife made of rainbow obsidian in his hand, he rapped the hilt in a rag he had stored in his pocket. "It is very hard living in a area where one side always try and leech of the other side, but thats what you get for living in Little Torch."

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
That life story suddenly came out of nowhere. Truth be told, it did catch Mathilde off guard ever so slightly. "I.. Don't see how improvising and getting results altogether warrants any kind of arrest and imprisonment," she answered with a soft frown. But she was wise enough to at least realize that different places had different customs. Even if this Little Torch place he spoke about didn't make sense to her at all. He should've been applauded for the quick thinking, though she also didn't grasp the full cultural traditions and mannerisms of Little Torch at all. Maybe it was the most normal thing in the world there to hold to traditions, rather than improve upon.

Though it was damn puzzling why it'd be done this way. Her eyes befell Quill again. Cold, serene and most of all, silver. "I imagine so," she answered, truthfully unable to compare. She had only been built a solid 7-ish years ago. And she knew about the desire to be a dominant factor both man and faunuskind shared. Though she was never pushed into either side of such a conflict, neither the opressing or the opressed. She had just existed, in a lab. And trained.

Quill Darwind

Quill Darwind
"Ya little Torch back then was a living hell for all men, but the church did stop this after a massive bloody battle happen, hu, i was only 9 at that time. Anyway sorry for ranting about my past, what was yours like, probably better then mine with all the sexism and people fighting others. I bet you had a lovely family that loved and care for you." He said this with a smile on his face, Quill didn't really have a family to begin with, most males at the time were given away to the church. They did give them more then what most males would get at the time, and more education then most females. In fact, Quill did like the females back then, even though they all acted like massive jerks to him and his orphan brothers. Some of the younger girls did have a crushed on him but that soon change once Quill had moved away to attend syne academy.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
And the dumbfoundedness of Mathilde just kept growing worse with each word Quill spoke. And family altogether was just a foreign concept to her. So was sexism, but she was no stranger to conflict at all. She glanced at her own scars, the obviously ritual markings, the more than apparent patterns that were intricately carved into her skin. Then to the leather most found ill-befitting. And the large, spiked overcoat, with a massive collar that extended to behind the back of her head. Where did the idea arose a loving family was ever involved?

"I can't recall family," she answered with a shrug. "I'm Atlesian by birth," she looked Quill dead in the eyes now. Silver eyes cold and distant. As if just looking through him. Her face betraying little to no emotion. As if donning a porcelain mask. One that was beautifully painted and designed in it's architecture. No blemishes or scars on her face. Those merely danced across her collarbone and shoulders.

"So, I wouldn't know. Nor do am I really interested in sharing, with all due respect," she answered, forcing a slight smile. "My apologies."

Quill Darwind

Quill Darwind
"Oh, sorry didn't know. Anyway do you have anyone you can call family or are you an android or what ever they are called. I know im asking a lot of weird question, but it is nice to meet new people and i really don't know how to interact with others that well." Quill then takes out a food bar and starts eating it, he hasn't eaten a lot today so this is a snack for him so he can keep going on with his day. He then looks back at the girl and says," So what are you trying to be in the future, I'm guessing something in military since you are in the same major as me, but i have been wrong before." He asked this after he finished his snack and pulls out another snack, this time it is candy, its the kind you only find in little torch so it is naturally a cooling candy.

Mathilde Harmaa

Mathilde Harmaa
Mathilde frowned. How in god's sake would he realize she was an android? She kept her eyes on him, looking for any kind of apparati on his ears, because there was no way from her mannerisms he could tell.

It was almost like a certain someone was telling him from far Out, Over Creation. After all, Mathilde was Unable to tell where someone would get that Intristic Complexion about her. Quite the complex programming made her unable to be told Apart from normal people.

Though she shook her head. "Firstly, no. I'm decidedly not an android, else I wouldn't have skin and guts, now would I?" She exhaled a soft breath. "And secondly, I'm sure androids are capable of having family. Brothers and sisters by oil, built of the same models, maybe the same factory? I'm not sure." She didn't even consist of oil. But rather a bio-engineered, blue liquid that served both as coolant and fuel.

But enough about that, she had declined the very Silly claim just now. "It's of no issue, though I'm certain I have declared my reluctance to share about my past," she exhaled slowly, before a soft tune played from her pocket. She fished up her scroll and glanced at it. "Excuse me, I'm pretty sure I must be off now," she answered the call and heaved the scythe up on her back. "My apologies, Quill Darwind of Little Torch, maybe we'll meet again," with that, she hurried off through the woods again. Back to the academy.

--EXIT POST--

Quill Darwind

Quill Darwind
From what she said had confused him, she seemed to be a little sensitive with that question, Quill did not know why he just asked that because he wanted to give her food but didn't want to be rude if she was a android that didn't eat any, so he said "Sorry didn't mean to seem like i was thinking you are a android, just a question so i can offer you some food and i didn't wanted to seem rude if you were but you didn't eat any." Then she apologized and left, Quill feels like a jerk for asking that question but then he didn't let that stop him from going down the river in the most risky of ways. So he did and thought to himself 'I should of just offered that candy bar to her anyways though she might of not like it since its a weird kind of candy' then he left the area in the most dangerous way he could do.

-exit-

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum