You are not connected. Please login or register

Project Quill (Finished)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Project Quill (Finished) Empty Project Quill (Finished) Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:46 pm

Quill Darwind

Quill Darwind
Enrollment Form

Project Quill (Finished) VySGm5t

other half:

Basic info
Name: Quill
Birthday: 1/25
Race: Android
Height: 7' standing up, 5' on all fours
Weight: 546 LBS
Face Claim: Fan frame design https://i.imgur.com/VySGm5t.jpg

Stats
STR: 5
DEF: 5
RES: 1
SPT: 1
Aura 100|200 HP

Personality
Major: Civilian
Dislikes: Needles, the open ocean, and restrictions
Fears: Dark cold water, stormy boat rides, and needles
Talent: Hunting
Weakness Speech
Overall Personality: Quill thinks of both like a man and a beast, he is able to solve complex task that would need the thinking power of a human and is able to brutally attack someone without needing to think on what to do. Most of the time he will be following a master but he does not have a master at the moment making him roam around until he can fine a master that is worthy of his abilities. He tends to hunt down wild life to consume them do to his bio reactor that needs organic matter or food like chips and candy, he mostly enjoys hunting for himself but will get money to buy candy when he want some.

Abilities
Aura type: Power
Aura Color: Green
Semblance:
Semblance appearance:
Buff: Using the energy that is coming off its body, Quill is able to increase his strength by 2 points able to cause more damage then normal. The energy comes from a artificial organ called the Influx organ which generates energy similar of that of aura. Once the ability is used the energy becomes more visible and can be seen as light markings on Quill's body.

Utility: Quill is able to highlight items or trails that was touched by person of interest using their scent, this heightens the smell based tracking for him and is able to make it easy to track down the person or thing of interest. This is thanks to the Influx organ which channels the energy to let Quill see the highlighted areas.

Item 1: Brutal claws: (physical melee weapon) A pair of claws weapons that are chainsaw like weapons, it can retract into the storage unit that houses it.
Brutal claws:

Item 2: Exoskeleton: (physical armor) The skin of Quill acts like armor which protects him from incoming attacks, after the battle is done it self repairs itself.

History and Sample
History:
RP Sample:

Last edited by Quill Darwind on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:28 pm; edited 8 times in total

2Project Quill (Finished) Empty Re: Project Quill (Finished) Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:19 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Alright, this app is good but there are a couple key issues in regards to the semblance. The issue is that the things aren't part of one skillset derived from one thing, what you have done is not like for example earth manipulation where lifting a rock before you to defend or throwing it to attack or holding it before you to make a stepping stone all use the same power. You've listed a strength buff, the ability to debuff defence in an area and increased tracking. That is more comparable to the ability to manipulate rocks as an attack, but also make it so you can see very far, to give another example of a skillset that wouldn't be allowed.

If you can figure out how to get all three to worked derived from one thing, which I cannot, then it would be allowed. The other issue with the semblance though is that the strength buff and the debuff aren't explained in what happens, you've explained them on a meta level but not an IC level. You must do the latter to ^^

What I would recommend to you is that you drop the def debuff and centre the semblance around becoming more beast-like, so when you drop on all fours your strength does increase in that you have essentially changed mode from more human to more animalistic; your body accounting for that. Additionally this could be used to justify the tracking you have described, though the idea that you can "Highlight a trail left behind" wouldn't be a semblance thing and would be more looking for clues. The increased spell would be however, as utility. Oh additionally I'd maybe recommend a weapon you can actually use as an animal, granted you could get a from two later on that lets it be used more in the four legged form. Bump when done

3Project Quill (Finished) Empty Re: Project Quill (Finished) Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Quill Darwind

Quill Darwind
I removed the utility but i am not removing the debuff or changing it to a "beast mode" because i don't want to make a beast mode. Another thing is that I will be keeping the weapon i have chosen to use because that is the weapon I chose, and a weapon that would fit a "beast mode" would be clawed gauntlets which i don't want to use them for this character.

4Project Quill (Finished) Empty Re: Project Quill (Finished) Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:48 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Okay but I explained the issue was that the semblance was like two separate pieces that do different things rather than one piece that can do two different things, and again you haven't explained why the debuff happens or even what this energy source does to provide the strength buff. Those issues are the reason I suggested a more beast like mode, that would be one thing that explains both aspects. Removing the tracking sense does not fix the issue with your semblance I raised.

Of course you can keep the weapon but bare in mind using it while on all fours wouldn't really be possible; that is the only reason I raised it ^^ By animal I meant your quadruped form, because it's not like you've got a free hand to swing a sword while on all fours. Bump when done.

5Project Quill (Finished) Empty Re: Project Quill (Finished) Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Quill Darwind

Quill Darwind
I change the weapons, took out the debuff and added in a better version of the utility.

6Project Quill (Finished) Empty Re: Project Quill (Finished) Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:44 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Approved

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum