You are not connected. Please login or register

First class of Aura and Semblance Studies (Open RP)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Keith Amranth

Keith Amranth
The clock would turn to five after the the hour with no sign of the teacher showing up. Then without warning an man with messy brown hair, and his clothes being a bit messy like was woke up in them rushes into the room looking up at the time with a curse under his breath. He would the turn to his students and lets out a sigh with a cheek smirk. "Forgive me for being late, I'm rather new to this Academy so I got lost and distracted. I'm Master Sergeant Keith Amranth, Former Atlesian Military Soldier and Hunter for Hire. I'm no professor by any stretch of the imagination so you can call me Master Sergeant, or Mr. Amranth." he would turn the to large broad and starts writing Aura and Semblance Studies. "I'm sure most of you know what Aura and Semblance are and what they can do for you. If not then brief summary is Aura is power from your own soul. Everything with a soul has Aura. Grimm do not have a soul as we know of so far, so they do not have Aura. Now can anyone tell me what the difference between Aura and Semblance?" He would turn his attention to the classroom as he looks for any volunteers for his question.

Akio Marigold

Akio Marigold
Puer was a bit of a contradiction in many ways, he disliked being responsible, yet he was a bit of a diligent student when it came to his classes as such he’d made sure to actually be on time, and the late teacher was annoying the boyish huntsman quite a bit with his tardiness. The short boy could have been playing games, reading. Or anything else but sitting around in a classroom doing nothing. The childish boy had never been patient and waiting on the teacher had put him in a bit of a bad mood because of that. When the guy showed up, his introduction at least indicated he PROBABLY wasn’t incompetent, though Puer still wasn’t convinced.

After all the guy didn’t even have the brains to show up on time, what made him able to teach about something like aura or semblances. Especially given the wide variety of semblances one could see and the many uses of those semblances. Much of which actually warranted thinking about. The guy was apparently former military though, which was a bit more impressive, except that he could have easily been kicked out rather than leaving by more voluntary means.

The short boy heard the question, and frowned once again at how basic it was…were they seriously starting from square one? Oh well. “A semblance is a projection of one’s aura, usually one which matches the person themselves. Some think it’s even a projection of the soul itself.” The Short boy said, recalling what he’d read about aura and semblances. “Aura is simply the energy of the soul, and the energy that powers one’s semblance. Aura is universal, while a semblance is unique to the individual.”

Keith Amranth

Keith Amranth
Keith would look at the student with a wide grin and nods to him. "That is correct, That is a text book explanation of them both. With that out of the way. I would then like to state that I'm here to teach you why this is the current thinking of Aura and that theories that some have come up with that are gaining traction." he would look down at his notes for a moment before looking at the class. "But do not fret on this, there will be also classes to help improve your semblance and aura usage also, cause I'm sure that some of you have yet to even unlock your Semblance. With that said I would like to go over the current ideal of Aura."

Keith would continue on with his lecture mainly on the idea of how Aura is useful for us and what other uses it could have if we were able to use the power of it on stuff such as airships and even power plants. He would turn to Puer with a grin and point to him. "Now you have a very good head on you Kid, tell me if your able to project your aura into anything that you want to provide it power, what would you do with it. Would you use it for something selfish like charging your scroll when it's low on power, or would you use it for something greater." He would cross his arms looking at him waiting for his response.

Iris Sterling

Iris Sterling
Iris was listening intently to the professor. She'd always enjoyed learning new things, and what he'd said about using aura to charge anything intrigued her at once, and the hypothetical question sparked an idea instantly. Iris picked up her pencil and began doodling on her sketchpad. She loved drawing; she felt she could communicate much better with her art than with her words, and it helped calm her down. Within a few minutes, she had a rough doodle on her sketchpad. It showed herself using aura to charge a weapon and make it more powerful, and then handing that weapon to a huntsman. She raised her sketchpad up so the teacher could see, but received many strange glances and snickers. Iris could hear the whispers of "Oh look, it's the mute who thinks it's art class." and "That girl is SO weird." It stung a little, but she kept smiling at the teacher, excited to give her response.

Akio Marigold

Akio Marigold
Puer frowned on the question, wondering what type of idiot would ask it. Honestly it was something a bit silly, though he could at least see the reason it was asked, as something to be philosophical. Still the question kind of felt irrelevant, they were here to learn stuff after all, and this just seemed a waste of time to the childish boy. To Puer the girl he spotted drawing was probably just as bored of this time wasting stuff as he was, probably just wanting to get out of her rather than sitting around getting what was basically a beginners lecture on aura.

“That’s a stupid question, of course I’d use it for whatever I need it for.” He commented any higher meaning of the question going over the short boy’s head. To him it was as simple as having a solution for a given problem and using it. Why would it matter if it was just him using the power for himself or others? It didn’t really matter too much, and his own semblance didn’t have many uses out of combat or a medical situation. Heck a lot of the time he wondered why he got stuck with a semblance that was so limited, it was kind of unfair really.

Keith Amranth

Keith Amranth
Keith would wait for a moment for a response from Puer. "Indeed, this is a stupid question, but a lot of things came form such questions. That's what ignites one imagination and think of ideas outside the box."

As Keith was responding to Puer, he would noticed the excited Iris doodle of her Idea or use of Aura with her weapon. "I see, that is the most common thing one could use it for is for armor or weapons, but what uses would one have say outside of being hunter or combat in general. There are several scientist who are trying to focus on projecting ones aura outside of using a Semblance. For example there is a medical research from Doctor Jasmine Sakura. She reports if this could be possible then this could help with said surgery to help patients prevent blood loss or even help heal organs that have been damaged beyond the normal scope of treatment. This of course is not getting into Semblances."

Keith would look at the time seeing he rambled for a good amount of the class time. "Well it seems like I talked a lot more then I expected. So do any of ya got any questions about what we talked about today, or this class in general?" he would lean on the desk looking around the room for any responses.

Iris Sterling

Iris Sterling
Iris reflected over what the professor had said. It made her think a bit harder. Yes, charging a weapon or other item with aura would be helpful for huntsmen, but it being used for healing was an interesting prospect. Another idea began to form, and she began to wonder. If you can use aura on a person to prevent blood loss, wouldn't that be very helpful for all huntsmen to be taught, to prevent battlefield fatalities? If that was possible though, couldn't you do other things too, to prevent injury from occurring to begin with? Would it be possible to use your aura to shield someone else from an injury, the same as it does to your own body, but projected further out? What about restoring someone's aura levels, or even amplifying their aura's power?
Iris quickly sketched out these concepts, along with a large question mark to show she was asking if these sorts of things may be possible at some point. She raised her sketchbook up for Professer Amaranth to look at, and heard more snickers from her classmates. She tried to shake off their remarks, but it was difficult. She could practically feel the negative energy surrounding her, and her bright smile began to look very forced.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum