You are not connected. Please login or register

Introductory Class: Occult Studies (CLOSED) (All Students Present)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Parker Dunwich

Parker Dunwich
Parker settled into his seat, his feet propped up comfortably on his desk, and a book in his hands. He waited for the collection of students in his class to filter in. There were a few students sitting in their desks, talking among one another. Parker snapped his book shut and stood up. He walked back and forth along the chalkboard, inscribing runic symbols and strange ritualistic circles. The class would be starting soon, and he was eagerly awaiting the arrival to see his turnout. In the middle of the board was a diagram of the melting point of steel beams in correlation to the burning temperature of commercial flight fuel. A strange triangle shape with an eye in the middle stood in the corner of the board with strange dead languages hovering around them. After finishing he walked over to the wall on the far side of the room and pressed a button which dropped the shades.

The room was now eerily lit, the lights dim, and everything just how he liked it. A red carpet sprawled into the room,  giving the students a fancy walkway. Parker strolled over to his desk and took out a bottle of whisky and a small tumbler. On that note he walked over to the door and put on the best smile he could muster. It was time to welcome his new arrivals.

"Welcome to Occult Studies, my enjoyment, your nightmare. Let's uncover the secrets of this world together."

He said this with a smile to every student that entered after that point. It was time to teach.

Last edited by Parker Dunwich on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd was interested to follow the class on Occultism the moment he heard about it. Apparently it would be a class that would link the Grimms and such with the Outer World or something. Whatever it would be, Lloyd had a feeling that it was going to be interesting.

Lloyd was among the first students as he was standing near the door as the teacher would prepare himself for his class. Lloyd was watching him draw those weird text on the board and could stop thinking about their possible meanings. Lloyd would uncover their secrets.

As he opened the door so the students could enter, the teacher said "my enjoyment, your nightmare". Lloyd found this to be funny as he smiled while he stepped in the room. He nod his head a he passed the professor to show his respect and continued into the class. He went for a seat in the back of the room so he could have a good look on the entire class and observe if anything "abnormal" would happen, as he wished for.

Parker Dunwich

Parker Dunwich
Parker was interested by the new kid that just walked in. He seemed different from the others that piled in. And his suspicion that this was going to be an intuitive class with a bunch of interested parties was coming true. Parker was ecstatic in his own way. These were the moments that counted. He was going to make people aware. But he wouldn't be soft about it. If they were scared away, then they weren't ready to absorb this information. This was not a... well he'd explain that in a minute. For now he just continued to welcome students. This would be fun.

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Oliver walked through the halls with his schedule in his hand. His hand ruffling his hair up sideways in dull confusion. “What in the… Occult studies? This seems interesting. Could be worse I suppose. As long as we don’t summon some apocalypse creating creature like Cthulhu i’m sure we’ll be fine.” Oliver shrugged slightly as he approached the door and watched someone he thought looked familiar enter just before him. He shrugged slightly and followed inside. Looking around the eerily lit room as he sat down in the middle seat of the middle row on the right side. As Oliver always did for any of his classes naturally. After taking a seat Oliver sat down and put his bag down beside his chair and his weapon against the chair but behind the bag. Oliver carried around a messenger bag for unknown reasons. Oliver would just explain it as: It looks cool. But there’s probably some other motive for carrying it around. Oliver couldn’t help but release a chuckle at the Teacher’s comment about his own class. “I dunno. I’ve probably had worse nightmares than this.”

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd was looking at all the students who were slowly entering the class and noticed one guy that helped him in the search of his watch, in a way. It was the guy with an umbrella out in winter with no falling snow, except for the one that Flash has thrown that day... Lloyd came back to his mindset on the class as he was still wondering about those symbols on the board. He decided to get a closer look at them and stood up and slowly made his way toward the board. He looked at the triangle with the eye and let go of a sigh as he rolled his eyes. "Pfffffff, they don't exist..." Lloyd looked around to see if anyone heard his comment and continued to look at the other symbol until a weird one caught his eyes and curiosity. It was like he was drawn towards it for no apparent reason. Maybe it was because it looked familiar or something. He looked at the teacher and asked: "Hum, Sir, what is this symbol? It's weird but I think I've seen it somewhere before."

Parker Dunwich

Parker Dunwich
Parker bowed as the second student to come in introduced himself. He notices when the student said that he probably had worse nightmares than this. Without a second thought he responded.

"Everyone's nightmares are just a little bit different. Welcome." Parker figured this was a good time to get his notes out and put them on his desk. As he was doing that the first student remarked on a couple of the symbols on the board. First the triangle one with the eye inside, which he put up as a joke anyway, and the second was a... stranger one. One of the ones that he studied in those cryptic books.

"Ah yes, the Illuminati, chances are they aren't real, but you never know for sure. I was wondering if anyone would catch that." Parker took a deep breath and stepped towards the board, and circled the second symbol.

Symbol On Board:

"That one is a little more crazy. Most people criticize me for even studying it. They think it is another myth, another legend, they don't seem to notice the connections it has to our world. That symbol can be seen in many places. We'll study more of this when class assembles. It will be enlightening."

Parker immediately took a shot of the alcohol on his desk. This has become a habit lately, whenever this symbol pops into his head he gets a pain, something akin to a migraine, and the alcohol helps alleviate it a little. However he never abused it to the point of incoherence. The class would continue, but rather than stand at the door, he sat in his chair, and began organizing the lesson plan.

Helia Tyrian

Helia Tyrian
Helia raced through the halls, open jacket and fans flapping in the tailwind. Jeez girl, what were you thinking?! She hadn't been thinking, she was willing to admit only to herself. Engrossed in her book, the latest edition of haunted and potentially haunted locations in northern Atlas, she had totally lost track of time. Dashing like a madwoman, the young woman was thankful the halls were empty safe for a few other souls who either had no where better to be or cared much less about getting to class. “GAH”, she growled as she hit a corner to sharp, skidded into an open locker. She didn't even get a good look at her startled schoolmate, Sorry, late for class. Still nursing what was going to quite the bruise on her shoulder, Helia tries to composed herself to not make a further spectacle to her tardiness. She cracked the door open to see the professor standing at the board. He circled a symbol second to one Helia was familiar with from her many reading on deep, dark secret societies, then moved to his desk. With the quickness of a ninja, she slipped into the room, eyes darting about the room, as the punctual students gave her quick looks before turning their attention back to the suddenly preoccupied teacher. Sliding into a seat near the back of the class, Helia opened her scroll, ready to take notes and pretend she had been there all along.

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Oliver shrugged in his seat and chuckled slightly at the professors response. “I suppose that much is true.” Oliver turned his attention however to the Symbols on the board that were being discussed. Intently listening to the teacher’s speech waiting for the information to cease before releasing his own point. Once Professor Dunwich had stopped Oliver raised a hand slightly and stated. “If I may state something from a personal point of view.” Oliver had somehow quickly slapped a notebook down on his desk in the process of him posing his question and currently. “Well. More of a question asking for personal standpoints. Anyway. I find that that symbol you’ve highlighted on the board there brings a sense of mystification to my mind and I was wondering what it brings to your mind?” Oliver had been so engrossed in studying every angle of the symbols on the board he didn’t even notice a new student slide into the class and sitting in the far back.

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd was now even more intrigued by the symbol he had noticed as it was one they would be talking about in the class today. A girl suddenly came rushing in the class thinking that she was late, but she wasn't as it was just pre-class chat with the teacher at that time. "You're lucky as the class hasn't started just yet. Can't wit for it to personally." She sat a little up front of him and looked at her a second before turning toward as he asked a very interesting question. Lloyd knew what the symbol was to him right now: pure mystery and curiosity as to what this symbol was linked to. "I'm curious to know the answer as well Sir. Might also be interesting to know why are you teaching this kind of class, not that I think it's strange, well it is but I like that.... you get what I mean..." Lloyd sat down on his chair as he waited an answer from the teacher to either or both questions.

Parker Dunwich

Parker Dunwich
Parker was really enjoying the interaction so far. He shot a glare at the student who ran in, as the sound of feet tapping on the tiles and a collision from the hallway could be heard.

"You aren't late, so no rushing is needed."

He was very appreciative of questions asked by the students, and naturally was eager to answer them.

"To be completely honest with you. This symbol brings about the most primal of emotions in me and reverts my thinking to chaotic levels. I used to break down every time I saw it. Now however, I stifle that fear with extreme curiosity. My fascination with every aspect completely negates my fear. This symbol will quite literally and figuratively, kick your ass. But it will be in the most glorious way. If, by the time this class is over you aren't completely enamored with this, then I will not have done my job." Parker said enthusiastically. His gruff appearance was betrayed by his almost ecstatic attitude currently.

The other student addressed him as well, so he quickly answered that student's question as well.

"In regards to why I chose to teach this class, I could have taught combat, or anything about the Grimm really. But I chose to teach this because it is interesting to me, it grips my mind. I hope it will grip yours in a more positive way. I really hope you all get comfortable now, because it might start to get sketchy as we progress. I was told that this school could handle it, so I'm not worried in the slightest."

Parker was so engrossed in the conversation that he almost forgot that he wasn't aware of anyone's name currently.

"So I have noticed that we have not introduced ourselves yet. My name is Parker Dunwich, but you can call me Professor Parker if you want. I am not too concerned with formalities." Parker scrawled his name in a neat handwriting on an empty space on the board. This class was shaping up to be a good one.

Gisen Ceostra

Gisen Ceostra
Her humming echoed through the girls bathroom as she had carefully taken her time. Occult studies? Who the hell teaches something as refi hooks as that? It wasn't as if she had picked this class to be in, late registry students necessarily didn't get their classes free reign to pick from. Her priority of attending it wasn't necessarily high enough to want to leave the bathroom for the entirety of the period, but the wonder of how much of a delinquent the teacher was had her quite peppy for a change. Fixing her hair as she starred in the mirror, Gisen blew a bubble from a piece of wintergreen bubblegum and continued to chew on it while she had finished and gone to coating her nails with nail polish slowly.

She WANTED to be late on purpose, gain a bit of attention right off the bat from everyone, and most importantly to gauge this morons reaction without a hesitant second thought of going in on time. Making people upset teemed her excitement too much to resist wanting to do anything but it while she was here and that was going to be made so when she could help it. After a few minutes, she capped the nail polish bottle and blew on hem gently to get them to dry faster, slipping the bottle into a small black bag she used for school.

Finally she made her way to the classroom as the now empty halls echoed with only the sound of the others teachers teaching their classrooms with louder voices so their students could hear them.. Or annoy neighboring teachers, the latter being more amusing to the girl. Gisen simply waltzed in and took a seat in the first row, about two seats back and pushed her seat slightly further back as she crossed her left leg over her right and took a notice to the board in front of her. With hands rested on her lap, her blue-gray orbs looked over the nonsense spread along the board and she shook her head in disappointment... This was going to be such an easy class to cut already and have no regrets after today.

Helia Tyrian

Helia Tyrian
Helia thanked her lucky stars her complexion was dark enough to hid the blush of embarrassment burning her cheeks. She glanced over her shoulder as the boy spoke and offered him a small smile. Super busted she thought as her classmate's attention returned back to the teacher. At the front of the class, the Professor also pointed out Helia's timeliness, but she was mildly relieved to have the ordeal over with. In fact, as time went on, others ventured into the room later and later, marking the girl's panic both unnecessary and a bit dramatic. All the Tyrian money in the kingdoms couldn't remind her to get a decent time piece. Ha!

As others chimed into the discussion with the rather intense “Professor Parker”, Helia focused on her scroll. As riled up as the esoteric symbol was getting the others, the huntress found it... distasteful. She could almost hear her uncle's fervor at the mark being exposed so blatantly, even among a class of Hunters and Huntresses. Conversely, she found herself liking the teacher a bit for throwing the taboo right into everyone's faces. And as quickly as it begin, the discussion of the dark grimoire's sigil, Professor Parker shifted the class' attention to the ever fun practice of room-wide introductions. Her back stiffened in her chair as slowly but surely, students around her spoke about themselves. Eventually, she knew it would be her turn, the thought of it making Helia slightly nervous. “Give me strength... give me strength... give me...” Not necessarily shy, Helia just really disliked being the center and focus of attention and despite her mantra, Parker's eyes settled on her, his gaze sending small shivers down her spine. It took everything in her power not to light up her Semblance and disappear in the shimmer of mist but it seemed much too late for that.

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Nodding slightly in satisfaction from the Professors response. “I see. Those are some interesting thoughts and instincts to bring about.” Oliver shrugged slightly as he only noticed an extra student had slipped into class late when Lloyd spoke of it. Oliver turned around just in time to not only see this student sitting silently in the back. But also a rather flamboyant student enter the class almost as soon as he turned his gaze to meet the girl at the back. Oliver watched the new student waltz right past him as she took a seat in the front row. ‘Well. She’s got… Hair.’ Oliver seemed a bit off-put by this new student but whatever was off-setting about her quickly cleared from Oliver’s mind as he shrugged and turned back in his seat. The Professor bringing up introductions. “Oh. Uh. Sorry about that. My name’s Oliver. Oliver Balcross.” Oliver raised a hand with a slight nervous smile gracing his face and slumped back into his chair once he felt that he had held the pose for long enough.

OOC (Out of Character):

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd was satisfied of both the answer gave to the questions. He looked back to the symbol trying to figure out why it brought such primal feelings to Professor Parker while for him it was pure curiosity. Was he sure that it was only curiosity? Maybe not but this situation made him even more curious about it. As another girl entered, skipping around toward her desk, Lloyd waved at the one that rushed into class right before. "See you didn't have to rush yourself, you wouldn't have been the only one late if that was the case." His gave went back to the board as the teacher started a wave of introduction. After Oliver introduced himself, Lloyd went next."The name is Lloyd, Lloyd Vanheim. Nice being here." He went back looking at the symbol but this time he felt kinda nauseous while staring at it and tried to look away to see if it was the cause of his sudden condition, but he wasn't able to. At least not until the next student started talking, he was able to snap out of it and decided that for now he wouldn't be looking at it, for now...

Parker Dunwich

Parker Dunwich
The introductions flew in. And he was acquainted with the names of everyone but the two female students, who had yet to announce their names.

"Monsters, Demons, Abominations, Grimm. All of these things are connected and related. The names have changed but the concept has not, benevolent being hell-bent on human destruction. They want us gone, want us dead. And we’re not sure why. That guy with his coffee at a fancy shop on his high end device that is way underpowered and way overpriced will tell you it is because ‘humans ruin everything man. We pollute their environment’ In a way this substance abuser is correct. We do ruin everything, especially for the things that threaten to destroy our existence. There are people out there that pity the Grimm and want to help them. They think they can be tamed. Those are the same people that end up shredded on a tree while a Beowulf feeds on their innards. Grimm are not dogs, cats, or any cuddly companion that brings you joy. Grimm bring only death. Unless you learn to take them down. We have plenty of classes for that though. Here there are, other things that interest us other than the visceral reality of combat with those life forms. We are curious about their motives, where they came from, why they hate us so. If we find the origin who is to say we cannot just cut the corruption out at the core. This was my thought, this is what I searched for when I was no older than you all. What I found wasn’t pleasant, and it warped the very fragment of my being. But with unfailing willpower, I was able to stifle it and carry on a normal existence."
Parker takes a shot of the alcohol.
“Meet Willpower.” Parker set the glass down.
“All jokes aside, the things we have to realize is that nothing in this world is pleasant, or nice. Nothing at all. We still have discrimination against our Faunus brethren, there are some of us who don’t even regard them as people. I mean I know I’m messed up, but how screwed in the head do you have to be to consider an entire race of life forms lower than you. Also, I want to take the time to point out, if you don’t like the Faunus that is your own issue, and I won’t interfere. But if you discriminate in my class…”
Parker points towards the now closed entrance to the lecture hall.
“You know where the door is.”
Parker suddenly abandoned the more serious tone and began passing out papers. They were strange, with a bunch of blank space and the symbol on the board.
“Using your uncompromised feelings, I want to know how this symbol makes you feel. This is an exercise where we see how comfortable or uncomfortable this subject makes you. Also if you were just put here and didn’t sign up for the class, I ask that out of fairness for me, and your other classmates that are interested in the subject, you don’t make a scene out of it. It sucks, I know, but if you tough it out, you get a grade, get a credit, and we all get to go back to our dorms happy at the end of the day.”
“For now I want you all to fill out those sheets and hand them back by the end of class. You will notice a section on the back. This is where you will fill out, after this lecture is over, how you feel about the symbol then. I wonder how many opinions will change…”
Parker walks over to the board, chalk in hand and erases a chunk on the side to free up space.
“Let’s get started everyone!”

Gisen Ceostra

Gisen Ceostra
It was as it had seemed to be from the time she had walked into the classroom that she was to get what she wanted. Granted it turned out to be a little less than what she had first thought, but more or less it seemed that not everyone had the same less than caring attitude for this class than the gum chewing huntress had. As she walked silently into the classroom, it had been known that the girl had gotten a couple little looks, but nothing worth commenting or mentioning. Just a pair of curious beady eyes looked at her from what she could see and she had it in her mind that no matter how it went she wouldn't make a sound until she was spoken to by someone else or a comment was made that was directed at her or about her.

Gisen raised her hand up to her shoulder and brushed hair sitting over her shoulder back behind her. She waited for the professor to begin his speech before she blew up a bubble with her gum and let it pop loudly as she was quite skilled in doing that with years of enjoying bubblegum from time to time. Her attention centered on her "teacher" while she had watched him begin to get into another little tangent of speech of the use of racism against Faunas. She smirked in an amusement of his little bit of his lack of care to deal with those that discriminate against Faunas. Not that Gisen would herself, she is rather enjoying of that race, but she could care less if someone had come to be disrespectful to her for simply being human.

The huntress cleared her throat and moved her gum to the side of her mouth, fixing herself up slightly to make herself feel slightly more comfortable. "You're showing bias towards Faunas and I doubt you realize it." She paused, exhaling and shifting the gum to the other side of her mouth. "I won't speak for the delinquents that are in this classroom, nor any other student here currently.. however you're speaking as if only humans can be racist towards Faunas. It's a two way street and you're an idiot if you don't realize it." With that she became silent once more.

Now she looked to a paper sitting on her desk, starring at it with a dissatisfied look and a lack of desire to wanna even go near such a thing. She picked up her small bag and pulled out a pen and uncapped it, then placed it into her left hand and began to scribble writing onto the paper and flipped it over, then capping the pen and setting it down. Her hands then placed onto her lap and she looked about the room a little bit before she had remained quiet and in wait for something else to happen.

Eliara Caithe

Eliara Caithe
Eli wandered down the halls of Syne. Has it really been over a year? Over a year since she was forced to change families. To live with a teacher as a substitute parent? Since she unofficially lurked in some hunter classes. Especially as when Eli first started "Attending" Syne, she wasn't even old enough to be an official student. Being a 16-year-old girl attending a university? Yeah that is pretty ridiculous under any circumstances. Eli was by no means a genius after all. She did have a knack for weaponcraft, but that was about it. She had no right attending this academy a year ago. But now, a year later, she's at least the proper age to be attending this school. Urged on by her substitute parent Eli signed up as an official student and would start to attend classes, starting today.

Where was she supposed to be today anyways? Eli reached into a bag at her side and pulled out a schedule. Scanning over the paper she mumbled to herself.

"Let's see.... Occult studies!" Eli grinned at the class. For reasons only known for her, Eli was extremely interested in this class. Even more so than anything involving weaponcraft and weapon theory. For some reason, she felt like this class could be the key to solving the riddle contained within her past. Eli put the schedule away and with a fit of laughter started to run towards the classroom that was teaching the potential secrets behind the veil we call reality.

"AW YEAH! LET'S DO THIS!"

Eli reached the classroom at a sliding stop, her shoes making a squeaking sound as she slid across the tiles. With a wide grin the girl grabbed the handle of the door and barged right into the classroom.

"So what are we learning today teach~!" Eli exclaimed as she entered the room. Her expression went from cheerful to downcast as soon as her eyes scanned over the room. Eli could be described as a girl that wears her emotions on her sleeve after all. Not only was the teacher, a middle-aged man that looks like he's seen better days, here, but there were quite a few students here as well. Eli recognized Oli when her eyes settled on him.

"I'm late aren't I?...." The girl said sadly, the curl of silver hair sprouting from the top of her head seemingly going limp and lifeless as it fell in front of her face as she waited for someone to validate her question.

(OOC Note: Eli is technically a year older and a foot taller from my app at this point in time. A year has passed since I made her after all, and she's still a growing girl XP)

Alexander Redgrave

Alexander Redgrave
Double checking the classroom number hastily scribbled on his class schedule, Alex nodded to himself. ”Alright, this looks like the place…just hope I don’t get in too much trouble for being so late.” Alex murmured to himself as he recalled the series of events that had landed him in this class to begin with.
Sitting across from the school psychologist, Alex leaned back in the chair, one leg crossed over another, his fingers drumming a lazy beat on the arm of the chair as the psychologist looked back between Alex and his patient history.

”Mr. Redgrave- May I call you Alex?”

Alex shrugged. ”Sure, I don’t see why not. So what’s up, doc?” Alex cocked his head to the side, interested as to why he was even here. As far as he knew, it was not Syne Academy standard procedure to send the students to a battery of psyche tests. Hell, he didn’t even know they had a psychologist here until he was ‘politely asked’ to visit her. Still, he couldn’t complain- staring at her legs encased in the sheer pantyhose stockings, Alex couldn’t stop a mischievous smile from growing across his face.

”Alex, you were alone for two years, with the threat of death hanging over you at every second. Frankly, I don’t quite see how you managed to escape, never mind possess such a… pleasant disposition.”

”Why thank you, doc. Flattery will get you everywhere. You’re quite pleasant company yourself.” Alex flashed the psychologist a winning smile. Unfortunately, it seemed to lose against her steely self-control.

”Yes, well, thank you. Be that as it may, you were among the Grimm in a highly traumatic situation for over two years. While your adaptability to normal life again is incredible, I’m worried that you may be repressing some darker emotions. While that may have been a valuable survival mechanism during the…incident, I’m worried it may lead to permanent psychological damage in your future.”

Alex couldn’t help but laugh. ”Lemme get this straight. I flirt at all the pretty women- yourself included, by the way, doc, enjoy all the best food, was able to get into one of the best academies in all of Remnant, hang out with my friends daily- hell, I don’t even think I could get rid of Lily even if I wanted to- and you’re telling me you think I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?”

The psychologist sighed before smiling a self-content smile that mad Alex instantly despise her. It was like watching a cat decide how to play with the mouse it had just caught between its paws. ”You were able to get into the best *combat* school in Remnant, which signifies heightened aggression. Hanging out with your friend is admirable, but as she is a childhood friend, perhaps you are too fond of your past before the Grimm overran your home? You don’t seem to have made any new friends since your move. You’ve admitted a strange fascination with Grimm biology, a clear sign of Stockholm Syndrome. And the flirting and gluttony may be explained by hedonism, which-“

Alex scowled. ”I got into the best *combat* school in Remnant because I want to make sure no one ever has to experience that kinda fear again. I hang out with Lily because she is my closest friend, and I haven’t made any new ones because I just damn well moved here last week. I like studying Grimm biology because it’s more efficient to hit them in a weak spot than wail away at their invincible hides, and…well, you’re right on the last one.” Alex saw the psychologist smile and sprang his trap. ”But then again, can you blame me, when all my food was moldy and the closest thing I had to a pretty face was a fast food billboard sign? I’ve got two years of blue balls to work off, you know- getting caught with your pants down in front of a King Taijitu is not the most pleasant of experiences, as I’m sure you can imagine.” Alex mocked the psychologist, his voice dripping with scorn.

”B-be that as it may, you will listen to what I say. Take this class- Studies of the Occult, by Professor Parker Dunwich. He may be able to help you with strategies to deal with any issues you may have.” She wrote down the class number and a late-sign up permission signature. Seeing the mounting scowl on Alex’s face, she waved the sheet in front of Alex imperiously. ”You are free to ignore my advice, of course,” and once again she gave that damnable sadistic smile, ”I cannot guarantee your stay at Syne Academy.”

Ignoring the triumphant look on the psychologist’s face, Alex snatched the paper from her hand, his eyes flashing red as his irritation built up inside. ”You know, you grab a man by his balls that tight, you might as well give ‘em a shake or two,” Alex snarled, and was rewarded with a look of shock from the psychologist at Alex’s crass behavior that warmed the Duster to his very soul as he walked out that door, glad to leave.

Seeing a silver haired girl now before him in the entrance to Occult Studies, Alex couldn’t help but shake his head as the girl visibly deflated at being late. ”Eh, don’t worry too much about it. You’re not the only one, at least.” Alex nodded to the professor. ”Alexander Redgrave. Apologies for being late, professor- I just transferred to Syne this week, still getting settled in. Got the late class application form signed and all that if you want it.” Shrugging, Alex quickly made his way to a nearby seat, picking one near the front of the class, right next to a girl with hair even pinker than the bubblegum she regularly popped. Well, at least the sound’ll keep me awake. Alex thought to himself, stifling a chuckle as he took his seat, his eyes casually glancing over the symbols on the board, taking note of the strange geometries, seeing but not fully comprehending.

Helia Tyrian

Helia Tyrian
More students arrived saved Helia the limelight she was happy to avoid. Behind her, her classmate spoke again, causing her to give him a more genuine smile than before. Lloyd, nice kid Helia thought of Lloyd as she shifted her attention back to the professor. Parker went from speaking of the lesson to Faunus equality declamation. Whoa there... the Huntress whispered. She wondered how much of the man's passion and figure was coming from his shots, but if the school saw fit to employ him, she wasn't going to judge his drinking habits. She smirked at the thought of her pious Uncle doing the job though, damning the man to several layers of Purgatory. At the front of the class, one of the actual late students retorted to the teacher with the utmost of irreverence. Rudeness. Helia thought sourly, her smile fading into a deep scowl. While the girl had a right to differ in opinion, she didn't have to be so... bitchy about it. Class was further interrupted by the arrival of a couple more students. Making a mental note to better check her timepiece next time, Helia sighed and reached for Zi Wei. Despite being a weapon of Grimm destruction, the iron served the more present purpose of filling the time while Parker swung the class back into the proper direction. This is going to be quite the interesting semester.

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Oliver sat silently as the teacher rambled his customary introduction to the class. Oliver chuckled slightly once the teacher cracked a joke about his alcohol. However Oliver got a bit nervous when the subject of Faunus Judgement got brought up. Seeing how he was one. But from what he’d seen nobody had noticed yet. As such Oliver sat nervously looking about the room not before the most recent student piped up some rude comment about his rules about Faunus Bias. He sighed as she stated her opinion about Faunus Racism. Deciding to hold back his own comments as he heard a shout from outside the door. Perking up an eyebrow he turned to face the door as Eli appeared in the door being a bit loud. Oliver held his slightly confused expression as he all but just stared Eli in the eyes. Oliver raised a hand slightly and turned to face the page that had been set down on his desk prior to Eli’s entrance. “Eli. For your schedule you’re perfectly on time.” Oliver smirked to himself at his joke and pat the seat beside him. The pencil he had set on his desk floated up and started to write his response to the professor’s proposed question in the proper space provided on the page for him. ‘Well. Eli’s here… This’ll be fun.’

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd was listening to the different things that were said. The Professor drinking alcohol in class didn't bothered him much as he was getting used to see someone older drinking on the job, except this time the person in question seemed to have good reasons. As for the comment that the girl with pink hair made about racism, she wasn't totally wrong about it. Yes some humans discriminate faunus, but the other way around is also true. Some faunus discriminate humans, because of the prior discrimination sure, but still... There's no good reason, what am I saying, there no reason at all to discriminate anybody.

Then suddenly a guy and another girl arrived also thinking that they were late. "What's up with everyone thinking that they'll be late? Did I miss something that happened elsewhere in the school?" Lloyd hoped he didn't miss some kind of event that would have been nice to assist, like a cheesecake tasting contest or something like that. He loves cheesecake...

Lloyd then looked at the paper that the Professor gave and decided that he'll answer everything at the end because he wanted to listen to every details the teacher will give and also, procrastination, because Lloyd is that kind of guy sometime. He then looked back at the symbol to see if his uneasiness was still there and no, it wasn't. It was curious to feel so many different feels toward the same thing in such a short time. He wondered why...

Parker Dunwich

Parker Dunwich
(sorry guys school and life hit me for a minute)

Parker brushed off the snide remarks about the "two way street" coming from the girl. He figured this one would be the trouble student. It isn't uncommon to deal with one or two of these. While he didn't take to kindly to being called an idiot by someone with far less education and far more... erm... hair than him, he had to ignore it for the sake of the class. However that would not prevent him from giving a rebuttal of his own.

"A two way street it may be, but currently there is a large problem of Faunus students falling victim to bullying, compared to those of the human students, or even android students. So forgive me if I don't seem as sympathetic to their plight. I will not tolerate any kind of racism or discrimination whatsoever in my class, if you'd rather I word it that way. I'm sure that your social justice teacher would be proud of your remarks, but allow us to get back to the topic at hand."

Parker blacked out the lights completely and set up a projector. A strange video played. It was in black and white. It looked like a group of researchers drawing a strange symbol on the walls. They made some sort of motion with their hands and dropped a lit match into a steel bowl. The bowl emitted a puff of smoke, and a humanoid figure appeared within a strange magic circle that was written upon the ground. The figure started to do something like sparking and deconstructed into a strange amorphous blob. The blob wriggled and writhed, before transforming once again, into a Beowulf. A huntress stepped forward, and plunged a blade into the skull of the grimm, causing it to fall lifelessly to the floor. The tape ended.

"I found this footage in the archives of a remote library. It housed many similar documents, and has been stated as being authentic by a film expert. This type of film is impossible to doctor. Many cryptozoologists studied this in tandem with myself upon discovery. This is one of the main piece of evidence that led to the discovery of the very real nature of the occult, and how it connects to the grimm. What was that blob? That is the question we ask ourselves daily. It still hasn't been discovered. There is a lot more material like this." Parker flips a switch and the projector shuts off and the lights return to their full glory.

"Thoughts, questions? Concerns?"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum