You are not connected. Please login or register

City Folk (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1City Folk (Open) Empty City Folk (Open) Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard tossed a coin into the fountain. He didn't much believe in luck but he needed it. The city life was kind of new to him, having spent most of his time either in the forest or at the orphanage. The sounds of cars and the chatter of passers-by was rather new to him to. The only things he'd really adapted to were music, books and board games primarily chess. Even shaving was a confusing unknown to him. He took a seat at the fountain bench, hands clasped behind his head. Even the Scroll he had been given confused him to an extent, granted all he really used it for was music. The noise still kept him up at night, no wonder he was so tired all the time with airships flying in overhead. The school was a mess of sounds and things he honestly didn’t understand.

He was here to learn, to adapt to the environment and meet people but alas he hadn't really succeeded in either of these goals so far, instead having gone to an old book shop run by a short quiet old lady. He sighed, he'd struggle with people for much longer at this rate and his height didn't help. He went unnoticed in a crowd. Well he didn't need to be tall to beat them, just made it harder for them to see or hit him but it did make things awkward when talking to far taller people which the school seemed to have lots of.

He hoped something or someone interesting might come his way. He immersed himself in a newspaper lying next to him, sitting legs crossed on the bench.

2City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Kyuseo Mion

Kyuseo Mion
It looks like as if the streets today were busy. Kyuseo never really comes here often, unless she's here to buy some drinks or just to pickpocket someone for goods. Right now, she was just here to give herself a tour. She's most likely new to the area, since she had to switch academies. Due to being new around here herself, she didn't want to get too lost in the town. Even with some sort of map or GPS or even her Scroll, she would end up being lost, so it would be best to just stick around this area for now.

Now, Being expelled was one thing, but it still didn't stop or change her from doing whatever the hell she pleases to. This time though, she doesn't have her weapon to do so. Not that she would murder anyone, but she has her ways of getting around with it. Speaking of getting around, Kyuseo has already been walking around and exploring for twenty minutes, and now her legs beg for a break. She needed somewhere to sit, so this may require some waling to be needed.

After just a couple of minutes of searching, Kyuseo spotted a bench, perfect for her to lay down on. But there was just one problem: someone else was already sitting on it. Small compared to Kyuseo, in fact. Usually with something like this, it would be best to just find another spot, or just simply sit next to the person. This was exactly the opposite Kyuseo did in a way. Instead, she walked over to the bench and sat down on it, turning herself around to stretch out her legs across the bench, and even onto the short boy for the sake of it, not even bothering herself of being mindful on who's there. Right now, her legs were more important in her case.

"I need to rest more..." She mumbled casually to herself.

3City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:43 am

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard felt something come down onto his legs. At first he ignored it, passing it off as someone's mistake or a passing animal that would surely move, but he quickly realised this wasn't the case. Looking up from the paper he saw a faunas girl with white ears laying across the bench, her legs atop his. He wasn't really sure how to react to this and he didn't think she'd move if he asked. He quickly pulled the edge of the newspaper from under her, the bottom tore but he got most of it. Either way this annoyed him, he'd never find out any more about those two strangers on the beach now. He then quietly unsheathed his sickle like claws (Sloth bear type) on his right hand and quickly pricked the girl's right leg with all five fingers, before retracting them, in an attempt not to wound her but to shock her into moving. "Oi, get off!" he grumbled, using his amazing people skills to the fullest. Clearly I'm getting better with people he sarcastically thought to himself. Fortunately the books he bought were stacked inside a plastic bag to his right, off the bench, so this woman wasn't sprawled atop them to.

4City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Kyuseo Mion

Kyuseo Mion
The s9rehess in Kyuseo's legs started to fade away as she continued to rest on the bench, still not being mindful that she was sitting on top of someone. Then again, who cares, Kyu would say. As it was said before, it was her legs that matter, not the person. At least my legs are starting to get better. She thought, as she stretched herself for a bit. Then, she felt something poking on her right leg, causing her to not swing her legs away, but to jump in shock while having her legs in place. What in hell's name was that?

She then heard someone telling her to get off, of course it was from the boy whom Kyuseo was sitting on. Staring at the boy, she then lifted one of her legs up as high as she can, where she would then drop it, not too soft, but not too hard, onto the boy's head and letting it stay there for a while. Honestly, people have no respect for personal space in this town. She thought. It was clear though that Kyu would obviously be the last one to talk.

5City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:28 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard hissed as the foot came down on his head, lurching downward with the impact. Turning and looking at the girl he realised she was a good bit taller than him, but appeared unarmed. Her height pushed him over the edge, time for some vengeance, forget learning sociality. He threw the newspaper to his right and unsheathed the claws on his left hand. He knew fine well of the soft underside of the knee and planned to use it to his advantage. He jabbed straight up, not enough to pierce the skin but enough to annoy the nerves and leave a red imprint where their tips had been, he knew this would feel like the leg was being pushed out its socket with his claws wedged between bones and ought to make her move her leg at least off his head. Maybe even leave entirely. "Shift it!" he hissed, preparing his other claw for a second attack. He had asked for someone interesting, not annoying.

6City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:44 pm

Kyuseo Mion

Kyuseo Mion
Kyuseo felt a remarkable pain shoot around the leg that was poked upon, causing her to jump once again. While she was in shock, she lifted her leg once more, only to slam it down harder yet again on the boy's head. "Shit!" She hissed in stress and pain. She slammed her leg on the boy's head just a few more times to try and ease the pain away, but it wasn't working as planned. Eventually enough, Kyuseo moved her legs off from the boy, and to the ground. The nerve of some people, she would of thought. Maybe it would be time for some vengeance of her own. Not "maybe, but "definitely" would be the right word to use.

Scraping the surface of her thumb onto one of her legs, her thumb then lit up a small black flame. It wasn't tiny, but it wasn't even close to being a normal sized-torch, either. Extending her arm to the boy's head once again, she would then try have her lit thumb touch just a tiny strand of his hair, making a small flame on his hair. Not too big in the point of trying to burn his hair off, but just a small fire wouldn't hurt anyone, except for maybe some high second degree burns, so what's the worse that can happen?

7City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:03 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard grinded his teeth as the leg came down again and again, however he breathed a sigh of relief and closed his eyes as it left his head for the last time. He then felt something hot on the side of his head, something he hated. Turning he saw the small flame at his hair. He quickly batted the flame out lightly singing his hand, worse than he thought it would but nothing to worry about. Annoyed he slashed with his left claw, cutting the hair off the top of one of her tails. "Set me on fire again and I'll slash far more than your hair" he hissed angrily, "Who even are you!? Coming up to a man and sitting on him?! I may be smaller than you but I'm not invisible!" It may just have been the flames but at this moment he despised this girl and if she didn't back down he sure as hell wouldn't. He assumed the girl was a student, the fact she had good control of her semblance was proof enough even if unlike Richard she was unarmed. Richard had his weapon hidden on his body. If the girl turned this into a fight he'd fight right back though he doubted this would happen due to her seemingly unarmed state, it didn't look like she had many places to hide a weapon.

8City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Kyuseo Mion

Kyuseo Mion
While Kyuseo went back to rubbing her legs, her tail then twitched as she felt a part of her tail's hair being cut off, followed by a threat from the short boy. One of her hands were covered with large black flames, just ready to burn this boy alive for cutting up some of her tail's hair. Soon enough however, it went out afterwards. Kyuseo at least needed to stay calm on this one. "Well technically, I only set your hair on fire, not you overall. If you were on fire overall, you would rather occupy yourself with trying to get rid of the fire than to just shred other parts of my body, right? Just a thought." The fox Faunus then gave her little correct. At least she was being a little nice, and maybe a little realistic in this situation and with the scenario. The intimidation from the boy was just so cute, she wanted more of it.

"I'm Kyuseo. Kyuseo Mion's the name. And I think you need to check your definition of "man", boy." Kyuseo snickered softly, referring to his height. This boy must be some sort of student back at Syne Academy; that, or was just some sort of wandering midget. Either way, it would good to see someone get pissed off; entertainment to the fox Faunus.

9City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
The insult hit him harder than both her flames and her kicks. Sure he was short but he wasn't that short... right? Then again he'd only seen one person smaller than him at the academy, a girl. He didn't know of a single man smaller than him. His head had sunk low with depression, hearing her snicker increased his woe. but he quickly returned to his angered state, snapping up to look her in the eye, he attempted to stare down the girl sitting next to him, "Shut it! You see this chin?! There's hair on it, I'm Richard Lionheart and I am a man, you'd better not forget it!" He pointed to his unshaven face, he was glad he hadn't shaved - laziness wins again. He hadn't seen another man here with nearly as much facial hair as him. He flicked the fluff out his left claw, retracting the right to do so, "You're not going to miss this are you?" he toyed back, hoping to change the subject off his height.

10City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:21 pm

Kyuseo Mion

Kyuseo Mion
Watching the boy for a moment, it seems at though she got a checkmate as she said her insult. Now the boy seemed depressed. Poor thing. Oh well, he'llgrow out of it, eventually. And so he did, replying back with hair on his chin. "So? My tail has hair, so I'm not really getting your point." She said. Then, came onto his name, Richard Lionheart. There was just so many ways to tease this boy, it was amazing. "Did you know 'Richard' is a diminutive for 'Dick'? And do you know what else can't grow besides your height, Dick? Yeah, that." Kyuseo said, casually stretching her arms as she still looked at the boy.

Watching the boy flick his claws at Kyuseo, she then gave an annoyed look, wiping the smirk away from her lips. However, the same smirk arrived on her lips again when she said, "And you're not going to miss this," She paused for a moment, shifting her body around and lifting one of her legs up, and slamming it down onto Richard's head once again. "Are you?" She continued, as she then pulled back her leg to the ground.

11City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:24 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard didn’t really care about his name ‘twas merely what he was called by and nothing more. He wasn’t even a lion faunus, contradicting his namesake, he was a sloth bear faunus. He had taken his teacher’s last name upon his entry to the orphanage and schooling, the previous carrying too many memories. Besides big things came in small packages he knowingly thought to himself, referring to the Dick comment. The shorter he was than his opponent the harder it was for them to kill him, he reminded himself of his teacher's words, only just keeping his face neutral as she insulted his height however his eyebrow did twitch. He had almost gotten used to her size insults.

"You know, for a fox, your insults aren’t particularly cunning, kinda repetitive, all size based” he yawned, leaning to avoid the outstretched arms, "I have hair on my head as you do your tail, my face fuzz is far rougher and more manly than either.” He had noticed the look in the girls face upon his initial taunt with her tail fur and he couldn’t pass up the opportunity to annoy her more so. However as the foot came down on his head once again he felt the rage swell up inside, his face scorn with anger. As soon as she moved he reached back into the cold fountain and created a large wave that splashed toward the girl, aimed to hit the side of her head and her tails. "Wet foxy, cold foxy, drenched by icy cold” he sang, smirk plastered on his face, she'd either have to move or be hit either way he won.

12City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Kyuseo Mion

Kyuseo Mion
"Of course, I hope you know I was referring to the length of your so called 'chin hair'. You know, Dick, for a short boy, your intimidation isn't as big as it could be, either. Besides, just because I'm a fox Faunus doesn't necessarily mean I should follow typical traits as any other fox. That, and I'm just not in the mood for any wit battle, so I hope I didn't hurt your feelings or disappoint you." Kyuseo said, deciding to hang her legs to the other side of the bench where it seems they can rest better. "And then here you are now, still going on with your manly hair issue and you talking to me about size. It's great that puberty helped you gain hair on your chin and all, but I've seen manly. And I think you have, too. I mean, manlier than those little stubs on your face, that is." She continued.

Before she knew it, Kyuseo was then splashed with cold fountain water. Although she took the hit, she didn't give much of a reaction to it, either. Something like this wouldn't get the fox Faunus to elicit a reaction. Nothing this small, in Kyu's case. Instead, she just calmly closed her eyes as some water sprayed onto her face as one of her sides of it got hit, along with her tail that was also drenched. "Congratulations, Dick." She said, opening her eyes and turning her attention to the short boy. "You've managed to single-handedly carry out nothing more than a mere child's play. You have have your own tyke-like nursery rhyme. You deserve a round of applause for passing nothing more than preschool." She said, going into every little detail.

Getting up for a brief moment, she then shook her hair and tail around, drying off the water that sunk into part part of her hair and tail, attempting to splash water of her own on the boy. "Really, you do deserve quite the acclamation." She casually said, sitting herself back down and hanging her legs back on the other side of the bench.

13City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:20 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard snorted as a few small droplets of water hit him. Once the girl had retaken her seat he pulled up a book and stuck his nose in it, "If it was merely preschool like then why go into so much detail? Kinda gives off the impression that you're annoyed. Well, you reap what you sow. If you hadn't sat on me none of this would've happened." Remembering the girl's semblance and the flammability of paper he kept his wet hand straight, pressed against the edge of the book dampening the pages but nothing half an hour atop a radiator wouldn't fix. "You're awfully cocky considering your lack of a weapon." he idly commented, not so much a threat as an acknowledgement. He was proud of his ability to hide his weapons, more so than his chin hair. If he ever had to fight the girl he knew one thing more than she did, perhaps this confrontation was worthwhile. If he pressed on maybe he'd learn more.

14City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:06 pm

Kyuseo Mion

Kyuseo Mion
"Wouldn't it rather be going into detail being considered as annoying than to go into detail when annoyed? I don't really recall getting into detail when being annoyed. Plus, it's a natural habit, especially when people try to put up an argument. Could give them a lesson or two on what they said." Kyuseo explained. Letting out a soft yawn, she then continued on, "Well, I mean you're the one who decided to be a pest and try to poke holes on my leg. Then again, I guess it's self-defense... or for the fact your social skills aren't that great and can't even bother to ask politely to move off. But hey, fight fire with fire." While stretching out her legs once again.

She then heard the boy stating about being cocky and not having her weapon with her. "Cocky? No. Disrespectful to my surroundings and not being mindful on who's around? Maybe so. I don't consider myself all high and mighty. But with you prancing on for a moment saying that little stubby grass on your face is considered being a man, I believe it's you who's rather being cocky, don't you think? Plus, I don't intend on walking around and trying to pick a fight, in which is why I didn't bother bringing my weapon, if you're curious." Kyuseo continued to speak.

15City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard let out a yawn of his own, "Well, when you grow up spending a lot of time in the forest before being arrested it tends to put a... dampener on your social skills. Besides who are you to talk about social skills, you could have sat next to me and none of the scratching would have ensued" he finally sheathed his claws, even though this girl was tall she appeared to be mostly talk and little game.

"Oi,oi,'twas mearly imply there have been some strange happenings recently. Before you wrecked my newspaper I was reading about those two at the beach, that and the grimm that had been on campus. It is, as you said, disrespectful to your surroundings not to be carrying one. Then again guess it would be a bit off putting to carry a weapon so openly, not like you have many places to hide it. And as for my facial hair who was the last student you saw with some? Was it Peter H. Doesn'texist? Besides, where I came from the growth of facial hair is what makes one a man." He blatantly lied, masking the fact he only had the hair because he was too lazy to shave.

16City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:39 pm

Kyuseo Mion

Kyuseo Mion
"I guess justice doesn't really have mercy on the children. I'm sure you've meant some good cellmates, if I must say." Kyuseo said. So, this kid was arrested, apparently? Interesting. Very interesting. He then went on with Kyu's own social skills. "Even I can admit I don't have much of a positive social skill to use. At least I made no threats, correct?" She said. She wasn't really afraid to share out her own flaws, as no one was perfect. Then again, there are some people who just try to hard to prove their own point, whereas Kyuseo would just point out every detail there is. It was a habit she enjoyed.

The boy then discussed about the news from the newspaper before Kyuseo came along and ruined it. By all means, Kyu had no idea what this boy was talking about. "I don't think 'those two' is really informative on what happened in the beach. Besides, 'those two' could mean just about any two people. Packs, maybe. As for the grimm on the campus, the academy can use some better security." She said. Her transfer to the academy wasn't too long ago, so being up-to-date with the events happening didn't really catch on to the fox Faunus.

"Speaking of facial hair making you a man, I don't think it was 'Peter H. Doesn'texist' I saw with more facial hair, actually. His middle name is 'don't give', last name is, ''a shit', first name's 'I really'." Kyuseo responded, thinking the boy would be quick enough to catch on with what Kyu was coming onto.

17City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:15 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"Didn't get to know anyone there, I'd broken out by week's end" he'd been alone in his cold dark cell. It was no wonder he was so stubborn in the face of those who viewed themselves as above him, police had given him the sharp end of the stick.

He attempted to ignore her last comment, his eye twitching slightly. Ignore it and she'll shut up, he thought/hoped to himself, knowing deep down this was likely not the case. However he was honestly surprised at the girl's unknowingness. "It's been plastered everywhere, two men threatened a student at the beach and so far nothing's been done about them" he told her, "I was there, wasn't all its been hyped up to be but... better safe than sorry the blue haired one seemed quite volatile. This came just after reports that a Grimm successfully made its way onto campus so tensions are high. There could be more attacks any day now, from either the grimm or the two men. If you'd just not wrecked the paper I could have shown you."

18City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:19 pm

Kyuseo Mion

Kyuseo Mion
"Oh, such tragedy for the poor student." Kyuseo said, showing off a little bit of sarcasm. "Would it still be big news if two civilians were threatening another civilian? Or two students harassing another student?" Kyuseo said. "I honestly don't see how threats can even be big news. It's not even a big deal. Then again, I shouldn't be the one to complain. I guess that's how life works." Kyuseo said. To her, she didn't see two men threatening a student big news. Maybe a public fight? Maybe, but still not big enough to even phase the fox Faunus. She just really didn't find something like this to be concerned about; it didn't wow her enough.

"Right, right. Don't worry, I wasn't really interested in seeing the articles, anyway. It just doesn't appeal to me. Then again, everyone has their own tastes, right?" She asked, stretching her legs once again.

19City Folk (Open) Empty Re: City Folk (Open) Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"Yeah, well we'll see if they cause trouble soon enough”, he sighed, in her state she'd end up just like that girl at the beach she'd been unarmed to, "Blue haired one had a decent weapon, from what I could make of it, it looked like it had a second form. Leads me to believe they're adept or at least have powerful enough group to get good weapons. Hardly looked like street thugs. And even if they were we've had a grimm breach the academy anywhere could be next."

He let out a sigh, he doubted any of this would get through to the girl. Putting his book down and reaching under his scarf he pulled out a flask and poured out a cup of green tea into its lid, "Yeah, yeah people have their own tastes, just so happens that my taste keeps me in the know." Setting the cup down beside himself he reached under the back of his scarf and pulled out a set of headphones, wearing them so that his left ear was exposed. He'd still hear the girl despite how rude she might think it was. Was it rude? He wasn't really sure and would like to test the waters.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum