You are not connected. Please login or register

CAUTION: Live Weapons Testing! (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CAUTION: Live Weapons Testing! (Open) Empty CAUTION: Live Weapons Testing! (Open) Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:38 am

Eliara Caithe

Eliara Caithe
Boy had she lucked out on this discovery! This place is awesome!

It was well into midday and there was a curious sight at the Syne Academy Training Arena. A short, silver haired, emerald eyed girl was dragging a bulging sac nearly twice her size through the dirt of the training arena. Huffing and puffing from the exertion. After some time dragging the bag across the entire arena, Eliara Caithe dropped the end of the bag and stood up straight. Some of the bag's contents seemed overeager to keep moving as various spheres spilled out from the opening of the bag. Eli grinned and wiped some sweat off her brow as she looked ahead of her, a small sense of pride filling her chest. Today was the day! Her first weapons test!

The sac was filled with a menagerie of weapons designed by yours truly. After all, if Eli wants to become a great weapons engineer, she has to have as much practice as possible. Hunters and huntresses need as many beautiful, and deadly instruments of justice as possible if they want to slaughter Grimm, and Eli will be damned if she doesn't try to provide the supply for the demand!

Eli bent down and grabbed one of the spheres that had rolled out of the bag. A wide grin plastered on her face. It was a glass sphere filled with some sort of liquid. In fact, it was Eli's newest idea. She had spent the previous sleepless night designing and creating it with various odds and ends she had around her room. Now it was time to test to see if it works.

If only she could find a suitable target in this place~

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Today was a great day. Summer had finally arrived and Lloyd was in a weird mood. Yup, you heard right, he was in a weird mood. It wasn't a bad thing, quite the opposite in fact. In that mental state, Lloyd always had his best and/or most interesting ideas. For example, his coat was thought in that mood, which is probably his best work so far. Lloys was walking toward the training ground with his usual notepad and toolbelt. He knew that not a lot of people would go there during their vacation so he would probably be alone to think and work on the different things he already had in mind. He was talking to himself as usualy for the whole time he was heading for the training ground. ...I could probably use Dust for it. Sure I'm not really good with it, but one day, if I train enough, I should be able to cover my weaknesses. Yes, that's a good idea. Oh, I also need to think about Sleipnir. With the Summer break, I'll have enough time to work on it...''

His mental -but voiced aloud- thoughts were cut short when he entered the training ground. He saw a short silver haired girl carrying a bag twice as big as her. She dropped the bag from which multiple glass spheres came out from and rolled around. Lloyd walked toward the girl and her bag and picked one of the sphere that rolled at his feet. He looked at it closely to see a weird liquid in it. Lloyd cleared his throat to be sure he was noticed before speaking. ''I don't know what's inside, but isn't it risky to but that inside a glass sphere. It could break easily, unless it is the purpose of it. Some kind of low deflagration impact bombs maybe? Having so much in one bag, you're lucky that none of those broke while carrying them.'' Lloyd then smiled to the girl before bowing. ''But where are my manners. My name is Lloyd, it's a pleasure to meet you. I guess we both came here for testing and researching purposes.'' He stood up, smiling once again before walking toward the girl in order to hand her the sphere he had picked up. ''Even though I'm here to write mostly, I hope I won't be disturbing your work.''

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren kept to himself, off to the corner of the arena. With the coming of summer, the place was largely vacant, the majority of students having gone home, or simply elsewhere with their time off. He ran through combat drills, admittedly rather simple ones, designed to build endurance rather than any real skill. A simply dummy stood in front of him, swaying to and fro as the young man beat and battered its form in an unrelenting flurry of punches and kicks, transitioning from one to the next fluidly, even with his full suit of armor on, finally breaking off after several minutes of the drill to catch his breath. His breathing was admittedly rather ragged, the heat beginning to get to him, as not only was it sweltering within his Dust Carapace, but the summer sun beat down on him rather strongly that day.

He took off his helmet for a moment to wipe away his sweat, taking in a deep breath of comparatively fresh air, glad for whatever small breeze there was to cool him down for the moment. So caught up in these simple pleasures was he, that he failed to notice the silver haired girl stalk into the arena, a massive bag being dragged behind her, the white haired boy who followed along not too much later, but most importantly, he didn't notice the glass globe filled with some kind of liquid in the girl's hands as she searched for an easy victim. It was probably about to really suck for Warren.

Scarlett Winchester

Scarlett Winchester
Scarlett quickly found the Training Grounds for a place that she enjoyed. Not only was it rather empty save for a few individuals here and there, but the young woman enjoyed watching people either fight or train. It was an interesting thing to observe someone train for her as she had only any knowledge of what her grandfather had taught her before coming to Syn. And even then, she was mostly taught on how to use her Prism.

She sat with her back against a wall, hopefully providing a bit of shade from the summer heat. In her hands were a drawing pad and a pen as she sketched away at it, occasionally glancing towards the man in armor that she had begun to casually watch every-so-often. Drawing certainly wasn't something she was good at; which means it's a good thing she wasn't really drawing for the sake of art. Instead, she was working on some blueprints for weapon schematics. Some possible new upgrades for her gun. The combination of watching the man and getting to plan caused the red-haired woman to simply smile.

Until Scarlett saw who the armored man was without his helmet, that is. In that case, she tilted her head curious and narrowed her eyes, trying to make out if it really was her roommate, "Huh... Warren?" she asked herself before following his gaze to the silver-haired woman elsewhere, looking over her and her large bag of globes. She felt even more confused and curious at that. She found herself asking if this was normal for the academy or training arena, but the way Warren and the white-haired boy were acting, probably not. Not that she was going to do anything. She was mostly an observer in this situation, and with luck, that wouldn't change.

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
“What is this room now… Oh! Training area! Should be important to at least familiarise myself with the place.” Jet pushed the door open and looked around. The light was bearable, no direct light so he could see fairly clearly. Still, he couldn’t distinguish everyone. The metal man though looked familiar, he was pretty sure he saw that armor somewhere, though it was far so he couldn’t discern the details that easily. Also, the shade of red of that girl’s hair was also pretty famil… yep, that was Scarlett, he recognised her hair pin after getting closer. The armored guy was also Warren, he saw it in his room. He waved at them but they weren’t looking in his direction, so he instead looked at the girl with the big bag of stuff.

Intrigued, he approached to have a closer look on the content of the bag. Some other guy was already looking at it so he assumed she didn’t mind. He caught a bit of what the guy was saying about carrying the liquid in glass. After he introduced himself, Jet decided to give his own input.

“Well, glass is more solid than most people think, it’s actually quite resistant to pressure, but sharp impact breaks it easier. Though of course if it’s too thin, it will break easily. Still, it is a fragile material to use like that so you still have to be careful. I know there is a sort of dust reinforced glass that basically needs an aura application to allow it to become breakable. From what it looks like, it would be a perfect material for throwing.” Jet was in geek mode and just analysing the item in front of him. He couldn’t identify the substance inside but guessed it was either explosive, or something similar. Looking up, he smiled and introduced himself. “I’m Jet by the way, just got here a few days ago. Couldn’t resist taking a look at what you have here, new stuff always interest me.”

Eliara Caithe

Eliara Caithe
Eli was debating who to use as a target for her new weapon, there were several people mingling around the training area, all great targets. This could be a fantastic test, if successful Eli had a great way to combat one of the greater threats to Hunters and Huntresses. But who should she target?

There was a man fully clad in armor, beating the everloving crap out of a dummy with.... friggin punches and kicks of all things! You look like a Knight! Do Knight things! Stab it! The man took off his helmet to let some cool air in and presented the most perfect opportunity possible. Eli grinned and started to wind up a throw, getting ready to arc the sphere right onto the man's head. When a sound from behind her caused her to jump. Eli flailed into the process and threw the sphere.... somewhere. She didn't really keep track of it.

Eli turned to see a guy with two toned hair speaking to her. Eli's eyes focused instantly on the sphere in his hand. Her eyes widened and the strand of hair on her head stuck straight up. He got about to saying it was risky when Eli interrupted him. Starting to move forward and try to grab the sphere from the guy's hand.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT!? IT'S!..."

That was about as far as Eli got when. SMASH! The sphere that Eli threw ended flying straight up.... and then back down, crashing on the silver girl's head. The sphere just, disappeared on contact and Eli was soaked by the chemicals contained within.

"CTHON!" Eli cried when she was struck

Due to the sudden shock Eli stumbled and fell over on her face. Eli's eyes widened more as she started to shudder on the ground. It was surprisingly painful... telling her that maybe... she should work on that. Her body rippled for a moment before suddenly a pair of large, silver, fluffy ears grew out of her head and stood at attention. A corresponding tail slipped out from underneath her dress and moved slightly. Eli moaned and slowly but surely crawled to her feet. Someone else had showed up during her transformation, but she was so dazed at the moment she barely recognized anyone, let alone noticed that her appearance was altered.

Eli moaned as she got to her feet and clutched her head.

"Owww, that sucked.... What happened?... Was the test successful?"

Eli's fluffy fox tail wagged slightly and her corresponding ears twitched. She wasn't aware they existed yet.

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd's attention turned toward a guy with sunglasses when this one started to talk about the properties of glass. He listened carefully to what the boy was saying until the small girl started to shout and threw a sphere in the air, that ended up falling on her head. As she feel, Lloyd crouched next to her to see if she was okay. "Are you alright? I'm sorry, I should have asked before picking it, but I was afraid you would forget or lose it. Will you be oka-..." As he looked at the girl more closely, a pair of fluffy ears and a tail suddenly appeared seemingly out of nowhere. He wondered. "Could it be the sphere that did that?" As the girl asked if the experiment worked, it was clear that something was suppose to happen with those strange projectile. He started to gently poke her new set of ears and petted her gently. "Well, if by experiment you mean "Did I grew a new pair of ears and a tail?", then yes, the experiment was a success. But why have you made such things?" He kept looking at one of those sphere with curiosity before looking at the girl he was still petting. "Can I try as well?" He gave her a smile awaiting an answer, he wouldn't do it if she didn't want to.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum