You are not connected. Please login or register

Spar between Professor and Student!(Closed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Erika Zenith

Erika Zenith
She had not had much success trying to find that wolf faunus that she had known within the White Fang. She had been to several of her classes since she had gotten to the academy, and no luck in any of them. It seemed like her friend was more elusive than she had originally thought. Now she was stuck playing a regular student until she could find her fellow White Fang member. Erika was walking through the courtyard when she got a message on her scroll.

Pulling it out, she would find a spar invite inside the training hall with a Professor Winterstone. Erika did not know who this professor was, but she guessed she would have to go in order to keep up appearances.

Walking towards the training hall, Erika pulled her gloves out of a bag she carried with her before pulling them on tightly. She needed a serious upgrade, but she would think about that later. They still worked, and the only ones she had found that could do what she wanted with them were human gadgeteers.

She didn’t even want to think about them, but the young looking girl entered the training hall and waited for the professor to show or not show. Honestly, the 11 year old looking girl did not care either. If he showed, it would give her a chance to break him. If he didn’t, she could go on a hunt to get some stress relief by pounding a Grimm into literal dust.

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
Revan entered the training arena no more than a minute after the student whom he had invited to duel. He made sure to set up the training hall with his weapon hidden in one of the storage closets, just in case he needed it. He had looked into many of the relatively newer students. It wasn't to learn about their abilities or anything of the sort, but to see if they truly were who they claimed to be. He didn't really trust the headmaster to do a proper background check. If she did, she seemed to disregard the results. This particular student set off a few red flags in Revan's process, so he decided to take matters into his own hands. "It's interesting, we don't get many people who don't exist in this school. Most people who enroll here have at least some credentials."

"My sources didn't find any information on you attending a combat school prior to your enrollment, now this could be a fluke. My network isn't perfect." Revan chose a rather forward approach simply because it often caught people off guard, even though it did reveal how much he knew in the particular situation. "Then again there are a few who forge their papers. Others enroll with no papers to speak of, because they were raised in unfortunate environments. All are possible. So which category do you fit under?"

"But I get ahead of myself, I'm Professor Winterstone, however you can just call me Revan. I don't really care if you're Human or Faunus. Heck I don't even care if you're with the White Fang or just a criminal." Revan purposefully chose his words to imply that the White Fang were not criminals since it was not entirely uncommon for Faunus to be aligned with the faction. "I'm just here to teach."

Erika Zenith

Erika Zenith
Blinking, at his speech she didn’t visibly react to his words. Internally, she knew she should get rid of him immediately. But he was smart, maybe she could use him and this lesson to learn more about her most hated enemies, the humans. It would be a kind of poetic justice, he would be teaching the cause of the destruction of his race. Though she supposed, he might figure her out if she didn’t act any different than what a normal girl was suppose to be like.

But since he knew already, she supposed she could simply just drop her act and be how she usually was but that would mean she would have to make sure he couldn’t speak about this to anyone ever again, by putting him six feet under.

“Professor, I didn’t have any money to attend a training school. I was raised in Atlas but I suppose my village,” she spat out the word village, “erased my records, when they left me for dead within a forest filled with Grimm..” She took a ready stance, she had revealed a part of her past she would rather forget, but that little bit of information would possibly make him less curious about her and allow her a bit more breathing room in the future. She hid the lie with speckles of true mixed within it.

“Now, Professor Winterstone you called me here to spar not to reveal you looked into the past of a streetrat such as myself,” she spat out the word streetrat like the word village. She was indeed a streetrat in her childhood years, but she hadn’t been one since she was for all intents and purposes dead in the eyes of her village for defending herself.

Combat Info:

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"Sob story… Seems possible enough. Though the erasure of records is unlikely. Maybe it's true. I certainly hope it's not. You could be trying to throw me off the trail. It could even be both, since partial truths are easier to work with" Revan really was interested in sparring, but he was also there to learn as much as possible about a new student. "I'll bite. It doesn't really matter if you're telling the truth or not. After all… I'm just here to teach." Revan reused a line to emphasize that he really didn't care if he learned anything about Erika's past, but he would attempt to do so anyway.

"Does it matter if you were raised on the streets? You seem to be in a reasonable enough situation now. Being a student has it's advantages. You get to live in the dorms, food is provided. Not the highest class stuff, but better than what you claim to be your past." Revan adjusted the gauntlet like armor which covered his arms. Before taking a stance that—while seeming relaxed to the average person—was ready for combat. "I guess you're right… I did invite you to spar."

"I just hope that I don't have to face you on a real battlefield, I've got enough blood on my hands already. And I'd hate to kill one of my students" Revan chose a sarcastic tone, even though his human and faunus kill count was actually rather impressive, and he most certainly would not hesitate to kill if he had to. He tended to avoid lethal combat. Revan didn't much care for killing, but he understood that in rare circumstances it would be required. "Always sucks when you accidentally kill a person or two."

"It's time to start the lesson! I don't really care how you use this knowledge, you can go kill people if you want. I just teach. Not doing so could cost me my job." Revan waited for his opponent to attack, rather than choosing to make the first move himself. A calm, careful, and defensive strategy. It would allow him to learn more about his opponent in less time. That was the plan at least.

Combat Info:

Erika Zenith

Erika Zenith
“Erasure of records to keep their deed from being discovered. Keep the act of the humans that beat me a secret from the world,” she said with scorn at his words of erasing her was unlikely. She didn’t have any records partly due to the White Fang, and her leaving her birth identity behind within Atlas. She did not care either way, she was here to spar with this professor.

Listening to him, it really didn’t matter if she grew up on the streets or not. She had lived within the White Fang Hideouts for the last six years of her life eating anything and everything, even though she had been eating a lot of food she still looked like she did. She hated her semblance due to the high energy that it needed.

Scoffing, internally at him not wanting to meet her on the battlefield. Erika had no attention of going onto one for a very long time. Not until she was ready, she knew she wasn’t strong enough to live through a war.

Waiting and watching him take a more defensive stance, she would smirk. It seemed like he was cautious of her, but she couldn’t afford to be careless. She could tell he would kill her without hesitation if she took things too far or aimed for his life in this spar.

Breathing in, she would launch herself forward. Running towards the man, she would clench her right hand into a fist while cocking it back as if she were going to go for a punch at his stomach. When she gets right in front of him, she would spin around before bringing her right leg up and around aiming at his hip instead of sending a punch at him. She wanted to test out his defenses by sending her strongest kick at him.

Combat Info:

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
Erika attacked by faking a punch before spinning into a kick. Revan saw the move coming. It was somewhat well executed, but not well enough. He waited. Unmoving. Until Erika began the kicking motion. Then he quickly jumped back and right, just out of range. "Your feint was too obvious. If you actually went for the punch it would have been easily counter-able. You were trying a little too hard to make me expect a punch." Revan continued his lecture while remaining in a defensive stance. He wasn't taking this battle seriously yet. "The average peon might fall for it, but any experienced fighter will see it coming."

"I'd advise going for the punch later. Make it a little less obvious. It will give your opponent less time to figure out your tricks. Brute force will only get you so far in battle. You have to get into the mind of your opponent." Revan was able to learn a decent amount simply from examining Erika's form and attack style. Having seen many different kinds of fighters, allowed him to learn a lot about a person from as little as a singe attack. "Your form was decent. I'd guess that you've never been formally trained, but you've seen your fair share of fights. Skills that could have been acquired from living on the streets, or affiliations with the White Fang. You've narrowed down my options."

"You can learn a lot about someone by fighting them. Pay close attention and you might learn a thing or two as well." Revan tended to take an indirect approach to teaching, and that was exactly what he was doing in this instance. Tell the student what to look for. Often times they'll accidentally learn something. If they don't. Well then subtly point them in the right direction. When the student learns without being told the answer, they might find a unique solution to a problem. Something that people don't expect, because it doesn't follow a common approach.

Combat Info:

Erika Zenith

Erika Zenith
Thinking about what he had said, she would charge at him once more. This time, she was going to go to the opposite side. She wondered if she were faster than this fully grown man, despite her bodying being that of a eleven year old. She sometimes hated her semblance due to the fact that she indeed appeared to be eleven years old. Growling out loud, from the anger that fueled her from the thoughtline that she was going through.

She would stop right in front of the professor, before clenching a fist with her left hand. Jumping up as if going for his face, she would bend a knee in mid air. She was going for the most important part of a man’s body, his testicles! She was using most if not all of her massive strength in order to strike at his testicles. Right before she reached his testicles she would attempt to grab his clothing in order to hold onto him so he can’t escape. After the first attempt, she would aim to do it three more times in quick succession.

He was going to have a horrible evening, she could feel at least that much!

Combat Info:

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
Revan was happy to see that Erika took his advice about feints, but less happy to see that she was homing in on his smooth criminals. His little soldiers. His man berries. His testicles. Revan wasn't able to shift his body in time to block the first and second knees to his bad boys. He was however able to move his stance enough for the succeeding blows to strike his left thigh, instead of his beanbag.

"Going right for Tweedledee and Tweedledum? Those are priceless artifacts. Family jewels. Not something you can just replace. Where's your sportsmanship?" Revan yelled in his usual up-beat tone. The odd thing was that he didn't seem to be affected by the attack, certainly not as much as he should have been after such a blow to his nutty buddies. A knee like that could have turned Revan's doubloons into defunct currency.

Expecting every dirty trick in the book, Revan had elected to wear some protection for his land down under. He had a cup custom made to absorb and disperse as much attack power as possible. It was made to be durable, without being rigid enough to dent, and thus aid in crushing his happy sack. It cost him quite a bit of money, but there was no expense too high when protecting the minions to ones little mastermind. In this case it stopped him from being neutered without signing a consent form first.

"I challenged you—a student, who I figured might have connections to the White Fang—to a battle, and you assumed I wouldn't be wearing a cup?" Now the cup didn't absorb all the shock, and some of the impact was transferred to thing one and thing two, but enough force was removed from Revan's A-listers for him to walk it off, as opposed to the intended crippling blow to his cracker jacks. He certainly felt pain in his ammo boxes, but Revan could deal with pain as long as his sauce factories were still in business. He wouldn't have taken things so lightly if his dragon slayers had taken the full brunt of the attack. "Good thing I thought to shield my globetrotters. Gotta protect the twins somehow I guess."

The attacks made two things certain, one was that Revan would have to watch out for brazen and brash when around this girl, and the second was that the girl was more than likely affiliated with the White Fang. Few students would use such an attack on a professor. And considering that Revan is human, if Erika affiliated with the White Fang, she probably held no remorse for her actions. "Damn that was a good hit. Do you expect me to sing without my background dancers? To strike a deal without my business associates? To put on a play without supporting actors?" As most everyone knows, pain inflicted to the cream wells takes a few seconds to register, and Revan's face contorted as the full rush hit his wingmen. "Well I know not to underestimate your strength." Despite the agony that his two roommates were experiencing, Revan remained on his feet.

Combat Info:

Erika Zenith

Erika Zenith
Jumping away from the man several times, her hair started to glow. Her semblance was starting to gather energy! She could feel the energy building up within her, but she needed more energy before she could even consider actually finishing him. Breathing in, before breathing back out the young girl would crouch down with a fist on the ground. Her tail was pointed straight up. Her eyes locked upon the man, while her other fist was at her side. She wanted to hurt him badly, and she knew how to do it. It was a risky move, but it had to be done.

She knew he had too much experience for her to defeat without horrible injuries. No, this man needed a team to take him out. Until then, she would tell all the white fang members to avoid him at all costs. It was highly likely even with an army, he would kill all of them. She had never met anyone that could take on the full brunt of her strength and tank it so well. Even her last barrage of hits barely affected him at all.

Suddenly, the young girl would launch forward towards him. She needed the additional running speed in order for this attack to work, which is why she had to jump back four times. “Limit Break: Meteor Shower,” she would tone out underneath her breathe. Just faint enough that she could hear it with her enhanced hearing, but not enough for the man that she was running towards could hear.

Keeping both hands at her sides, the energy from her hair would spread throughout her body, settling only around her hands and legs. It seemed like with this technique, she buffed her agility in order to move faster, and allowed her to hit harder than what she normally would be able to hit.

Cocking her fist back, she would aim her first punch straight at his gut while still running forward. The next punch would land right where the first punch landed if she had indeed of landed it. Punch after punch would be fired, until finally she had launched five punches towards the area of the stomach where she was aiming at.

Dropping to a knee, she would look up to see the condition of her target. Panting slightly, the young looking girl would sway forward and backwards in sync of her breathing. It seemed like she used a lot of energy in order to pull off that single technique.

Combat Info:

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
Erika was glowing. She was going to use her semblance. Even though he was sure that the attack would do immense damage, Revan chose to let it hit as intended. This would give him an idea of the full strength of his opponent, without revealing more than his own defensive capabilities. It was a reasonable strategy, especially considering that Revan could hold his own if he was truly in danger, he certainly wasn't in this situation.

After the barrage of five immensely powerful attacks, Revan fell backwards into a sitting position. A set of strikes like that could have caused serious internal damage. It would be smart to see the school nurse after this fight. While Revan could still stand, he would prefer not to, especially after taking such a beating. Much more fighting and he might be knocked out, if not entirely killed. Revan didn't intend to let things go so far.

"Modeling semblances now are we? You know that such an attack could have killed a man. You also know that I'm not the average man,' Revan lifted both of his hands in surrender. 'but one more barrage like that and I'm finished. There's no reason to continue this fight. You've defeated me." Revan had gained all the information that he wanted. He wasn't sure if Erika would take his surrender or continue fighting, and honestly he didn't care either way. Revan had planned to visit the nurse after the battle, getting knocked out just meant that he might not have to walk.

"You're certainly a formidable opponent. Your techniques might need some work, but you learn quickly. I'd say that proves you were never trained formally. When your life is on the line you need to adapt or risk death." Revan was obviously ignoring the pain that he was experiencing as continued. "However, that attack must have taken a lot of aura. Against a more slippery opponent, those attacks may have never hit, leaving your energy depleted. But if I was a combat instructor, I'd give you an A."

Combat Info:

Erika Zenith

Erika Zenith
Panting and heaving, that was all she could do at that moment. She had nearly sent her aura into the red zone, that last technique was not battle ready. She could however slowly feel her energy coming back to her while she listened to the professor. She did know that combo could have killed a lesser man due to it’s intensity, she however knew that this professor was not a lesser man. She had sent four knees to his crotch and he was still standing. He was a monster in human form. Her breathing got easier until it was just a large pant instead of the swaying earlier to get energy from aerobic respiration, instead of the anaerobic respiration that she was experiencing.

Wincing, she felt her muscles on fire. This was so due to the buildup of lactic acid on them from the anaerobic respiration she was doing, and it damaged her muscles making her slightly weaker. She would need to build up her muscular system once more, but that was not important now. She was getting her breathing under control, and even though the professor said she had won, she knew she had lost. If he were taking this serious, she would have lost instead of what he was doing throughout the spar.

Though he was right, she wasn’t formally trained and simply attacked wildly when she fought, focusing more on attacking and dodging than blocking anything. When she did block she used her semblance to reduce the damage once she had charged enough. She needed to start blocking hits in order to draw opponents in, but she could work on that later. “I… lost… you…. won... If… you… were…. serious…. I would…. have…. died,” she said though pants. She was completely vulnerable at that moment. If he wanted, he could do anything he wanted to her. Kill her, beat her, anything. She was angry with herself for still being weak. She was angry that, she couldn't win. She was angry that she felt weak, just like that time...

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"Well I guess it's a good thing that I never take things seriously then… But you can't rely on a move like that as a finisher. Sure it's strong, and if your opponent is immobile it would likely do you well, but it leaves you depleted of energy, and unable to fight. If your opponent is not taken out, you certainly will be." Revan extended his right arm directly to his side. Before teleporting twice in immediate succession, giving the appearance of summoning his sword. When really he had just set up his sword so that he could teleport to it's exact location, grab it, and teleport back. This was all preformed almost instantaneously. And without some sort of enhanced vision, all one would see is Revan's blood red aura, and his blade seemingly appearing out of nowhere.

Bringing the still sheathed sword up to Erika's neck, Revan began to give advice "Suddenly your strongest power is your greatest weakness. Avoid using it unless you can guarantee that it will either hit and incapacitate your opponent, or you have a teammate who can finish the job while you recover. Work on your strategies, and choose your moves wisely." Revan then set his Katana on the floor next to himself. While Erika could attempt to reach for his sword, Revan knew that she would be entirely unable to unsheathe the blade due to it's unique magical lock.

"I didn't have to fight. I simply let you defeat yourself. The best victory is to win without fighting." Revan revealed his skills as a strategist, all while hopefully teaching Erika a thing or two as well. "The victorious fighter wins first and then seeks battle, you were already defeated before the first blow was struck.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum