You are not connected. Please login or register

In a pinch and out of the blue [Hunt/Private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Maeva

Maeva
Maeva was out today, it was a rather warm middle of afternoon even if the sun hadn't shown itself all day because of the cloudy sky. The grey natural ceiling that was enveloping the world however couldn't ruin in any way the beauty and majesty of the Finnek Forest. The reason why she was so entranced by the wood was obviously it's unique shade of blue. She felt like she could camouflage herself like a chameleon if she climbed one of the massive trees she was walking by. The subtle sound of a small river with the one of the wind blowing across the branches of the trees was giving a feeling of peaceful sanctuary to the place. Everywhere the girl looked she was in awe before the natural masterpiece she was currently in.

After a couple of hours roaming around and alone in the woods, Maeva started to feel heavy. She has been here all by herself for quite sometime now and hasn't seen anyone, or anything alive since she left the school for her "little" walk. The girl started to feel exactly as when she felt suddenly ill in the middle of the plaza in Bellmuse Central. Weak, helpless, alone... Those were feelings she hoped to never fell ever again and yet, here they were, slowly shrouding the beautiful blue leaves in a black curtain that was getting thicker by the second. Her breathing started to get faster as she tried to walk away from the vision of darkness that was slowly engulfing her. She fell to the ground, weighted by those dark oppressing feelings, trying to crawl away but in vain. Soon, the void was surrounding her and she had nowhere to escape. She was there, kneeling in the middle of the woods, saying nothing, doing nothing but sob silently for who knows how long she was there...

Although, the situation would change, for the better or the worst. With all those negative feelings, Maeva brought upon herself without knowing and of course without wishing for the attention of a large group of Grimms. With the darkness veiling from her sight that she was surrounded, she would have been done for if it wasn't from a Beowulf's loud howl that made her come back from the abyss she was dwelling in. Back among the livings, the girl looked around to see that she attracted far too many Grimms for herself to deal with. There was at least one of each type of them in her current line of sight and probably more were lurking in the shadows. Without risking her life any longer by staying there doing nothing, Maeva grabbed her Beast Mask and began to run away from the horde of creatures that would probably begin a pursuit. Not looking back to see what was following her, she ran as fast as possible and in the straighter line she could take. Unfortunately for her, she ended up facing the foot of a tall and steep cliff. Without knowing why, or maybe by instinct, the girl looked upward and began to shout: "Can anyone hear me!?! Please I need help! Anyone!!!" She then turned back, facing the direction she came from before whispering to herself with a tear rolling off her cheek. "...anyone, please..."

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
It was so peaceful. So calm, serene and relaxing. The sound of chirping birds, the wind blowing in the blue leaves and creating a general soothing atmosphere. Sitting on a red and white checkered blanket was Jet with a basket full of random food he snatched from the cafeteria. Propped against a tree with a book in one hand and a teriyaki chicken sandwich in the other, the black haired man was enjoying his afternoon. “Aaaaaaah… Nothing better than a good book, good food and not a single Grimm in sight!

At these words, Jet saw a girl with blue hair run past him, followed by a horde of various Grimms chasing her. For a second, Jet stayed there, completely stunned by the sight. With a sigh, he got up. “I had to jinx it…” Whipping out his arm and sending his weapon to grab a branch on a nearby tree, he reeled himself in quickly on the branch before jumping forward and grabbing the next one the same way and once again reeling himself in at the right moment to be shot in the air in the direction of the cliff the girl had been running toward. He was going to need to be fast if he wanted to catch up in time.

Back to the horde, if wasn’t a surprise that the boarbatusks were the first to reach their prey. One in particular, not a really strong looking one, got there pretty quick. Looking at the blue haired girl, it squeaked and was about to charge again. From the nearby foliage, a long chain of blades erupted and coiled itself around the evil pig who squealed loudly in surprise as it was pulled back in a bush. A few seconds later, the sound of a blade plunging in flesh could be heard. Coming out of the bush, Jet started walking toward the girl, still eating his sandwich actually, because he’d never waste good food like that.

You know, you got quite a lot of admirers following you. They’re pretty creepy though, I can understand you wanting to get rid of them, so I’ll gladly accept to help you with this!” Jet smiled at her, getting ready for the next Grimms to show up. “Besides, they interrupted my reading as I was getting at the best part in my book, they’ll pay for that!

((P.S.: That boarbatusk was just there for flair, the one that was rolled still has to be GMed))

Boarbatusk

Boarbatusk

GRIMM ENCOUNTER MEDIUM
Grimm Type: Boarbatusk
Count: 1
Level: 1
Boarbatusk 75/75
10 Damage Resistance

As usual, Finnek Forest was full of Grimm, both big and small. In this particular case, it was small.

A single Boarbatusk had seen the remains of another fallen Boarbatusk, and approached it. As it got closer to it in order to inspect it, the Boarbatusk heard the sound people talking in the distance. Killing was it's nature and instantly, the boarbatusk let out a loud screech, and began a full four-legged sprint towards the voices it heard.

The Boarbatusk leaped out of some forest brush at Jet, intending to slash at him with it's tusks.

Damage:
Important Info:

Maeva

Maeva
As Maeva was trying to regain her cool, she saw two Boarbatusk rushing in her direction. She was still in her Beast form though and wouldn't have the chance to change mask before they would reach her. "Damn..." did she thought to herself. "...if someone was to come I could risk being mistaken for a Grimm myself and that's no good, I need help, not more trouble." Indeed the wolf-like structure of the mask and the big furry white tail with the massive hind legs were looking pretty beast-like, but if someone was looking carefully they could notice her humanoid trait, but it happened before that she was hunted down by Huntsmen because she dashed through the forest and that someone, alarmed by the resemblance with the creatures, asked for people to take care of her. Fortunately she escaped unscathed, but it made her learn to be more careful when using her Beast mask.

As she was readying herself for the upcoming attack of the closest boar, a chain, rather similar to hers but more sharp-looking took the Grimm away into the bushes before it was quickly taken care of by someone unfamiliar to Maeva. The man had the guts to talk as if the situation was completely fine with all the Grimms further down the path that were probably coming as well while on her hand she just went through a literal hell. She turned to face him and she decided to rant. "You! What took you so long to come help me!?!? I screamed for helped for at least ten minutes and it's now that you show up!?!" Her voice was barely muffled by the mask that was covering her face and in this case her entire head. Without it, the nonchalant guy would probably see that Maeva had still tears running along her face as she was still traumatized by the abyss she just got out of before her escape.

In an excess of frustration and some sadness in it, as the other Boarbatusk approached and seemed to aim for the man, Maeva wasn't even going to let it interrupt her tantrum. As the beast leaped toward the guy in shades, she swung her chainwhip in an upward diagonal swing, aiming for the belly before swinging her weapon in the opposite direction in an attempt to grapple one of the legs of the boar to slam it down on the ground and stopping it in its trail. If that would work she would then throw her target towards the cliff and release it from her bind before swinging her chainwhip at an exceptional speed in order to slash the beast with two quick strikes. She would then wait to see what would happen before returning her focus to the man.

(Note: If the grabbing fails, all attacks planned accordingly are canceled)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Maeva on Wed May 04, 2016 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
Jet couldn’t do much other than lift his hands in the air, as if surrendering. He expected her to be happy to see someone willing to help considering she asked for help and sounded a bit desperate for it, so her tirade took him pretty much off guard. “Woah! Ehm… sorry? I mean you were running pretty fast and I had to catch up to you, but I actually ran after you the moment I saw you chased by the horde.” Scratching the back of his head, Jet wasn’t too sure how to react to that. Now that he was closer though, he noticed her Grimm-like features. Well she was speaking so she definitely wasn’t a Grimm and no Grimm had blue hair anyway. She was angry enough right now anyway so he would wait before bringing it up, but he was definitely curious now.

Both of them reacted the same way to the Boarbatusk attacking him though. With an upward motion of his arm, Jet released his weapon to slash at the underside of the beast at the same time as the blue-haire-semi-grimm-girl. He was about to block the incoming Grimm with the bracer part of his weapon, but the girl’s follow-up attack, even should it not work, at the very least slowed down the Grimm and allowed him to simply evade the charge. He watched her handle the chain whip quite expertly, the fact that she was using a weapon that was at least similar to his being a pleasant surprise. After she finished her last strikes, Jet also shot his weapon in a straight line toward the Grimm in a piercing attack, not really caring where he hit on the beast, before flicking his wrist, causing a wave effect in the chain from his arm to the tip that slashed again at the evil-walking-bacon like the tip of a whip.

While the girl was waiting to make sure the beast was dead, Jet turned back toward her, not even looking to see if they were done with this particular one. “Well you called for help but after seeing that you seem pretty capable yourself. I can’t help but agree with your choice of weapon.” Jet had a big smile on his face as he was talking. It turned into a curious frown a few seconds later though, scanning her appearance with his eyes, though she wouldn’t be able to see him do it because of his sunglasses. “I gotta ask though, why the Grimm mask? I mean it’s pretty realistic and with your faunus traits I would have possibly took you for a Grimm yourself if it wasn’t for the blue hair. Nice color by the way.

Battle Stuff:

Boarbatusk

Boarbatusk

GRIMM ENCOUNTER MEDIUM
Grimm Type: Boarbatusk
Level: 1
Boarbatusk -/75; Dead
10 Damage Resistance

The Boarbatusk was stopped mid-air not only by just Jet, the one it was attacking, but also Maeva. Both of their initial upward attacks landed simaltanueously, hitting the Boarbatusk in a weak point, each doing full damage. (-15 + -45 HP). Instantly, the Boarbatusk was completely finished as it was slammed into the ground (-15 HP).

The moment it impacted the ground, the Boarbatusk began to fade away in a black, dust like material, as was the nature of the grimm. The battle had ended just as quickly as it had started.

Damage:
Important Info:

[OOC: Go ahead and roll next rolls and PM the details and I can just post them.]

Maeva

Maeva
With the Boarbatusk taken care of, Maeva could focus on something else, notably the man who came to her help. Although, "help" wouldn't be the word she would be choosing for now as she probably could have dealt with this one by herself, but knowing what was probably following her earlier, this help would be appreciated. She wouldn't say so though and neither would she the man in shades for the compliments he was giving her on her weapon, her skills and her hair. She just let go of a "hmph" at those nice words before slightly turning around as he mentioned her faunus traits. Knowing that her mouse tail wasn't visible, she understood that he was referring to the tail and legs the Beast mask was giving her, so she removed her mask that reduced in size and in detail while the appendages vanished in a similar fashion than the slain boar only in white.

Maeva took the time to dry her face from her previous tears before she strapped her mask back on her arm. She didn't know if she should tell the man that she wasn't a faunus, obviously a lie, or tell him the truth, but not knowing if he had a certain hate against them she didn't want to take a chance and just said nothing. Like that she would avoid either lying uselessly and revealing something that she didn't need to for now. She was going to clarify the similarity with the look of her Beast mask with the Grimms though, she wouldn't want to be mistaken for some Grimm-loving fanatic or something like that. "The reason why my mask LOOKS LIKE a Grimm WITHOUT actually being one is just the way the mask was made when I got it. I have an affinity with masks that possesses certain properties. I gain abilities by wearing them, this one gives me speed and agility for example, others give me strength and with other I become more resilient. So please, don't think of my mask as a representation of a Grimm, because it's not."

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
Jet was pretty interested in the transformation that took place when she removed her mask. The mask reducing in size and all the wolf-like features dissolving in the air leaving someone who looked completely human in front of him. She was cute and while she did dry her tears, Jet had already been watching her intently so he didn’t miss them. Though he decided not to comment on those, she’d share if she wanted and there were probably more Grimms incoming, so any touching and emotional moment should wait for after the threat to their lives was dealt with, preferably in a swift and effective manner.

Still, as no Grimm had showed up yet, nothing stopped them from talking some more. Jet listened to her explanation on her mask and he realised it was her semblance. She still sounded a little bit tense so her words had a certain coldness to them, but they were pretty informative and they made Jet smile in what he hoped was a reassuring way. “Ah no worries, the mask you had on have some similarity to Grimms simply, but from what you’re saying it sounds like it’s your semblance, and a useful one at that. You got me curious about the other ones I can see on your arm, though don’t worry I won’t ask you to model them for me or anything.

Lifting his arm, Jet let his weapon uncoil itself from the brace but he used his semblance to manipulate the blades in mid-air, making intricate movements like a serpent. “Since I saw your semblance I only think it fair you witness mine. My semblance is ferrokynesis. Not that much raw power on my part but I can sense metal through my aura and have great precision in my control, very useful to tinker with gadgets. Still, it also has its use in battle, so in general I’m pretty happy about it.” Jet kept alert as he was talking though, he knew Grimms were chasing her and even if she managed to shake most of them for a while, they would find them eventually.

Creep

Creep

GRIMM ENCOUNTER MEDIUM
Grimm Type: Creep
Level: 2
Creep - 100/100
15 Damage Resistance

A single creep watched from a distance in the cover of the forest as two students from Syne Academy slayed a down a boarbatusk. Not knowing any better, the creep began to quickly head towards the students. It began by burrowing into the ground, out of the view of Maeva and Jet. It dug itself deep into the ground, in a near vertical dig. Once reaching a depth of 20 meters, the creep began to burrow sideways to the spot in the earth directly below both of the students, approaching undetectable to the normal human senses.

Once the creep was directly below the two, it began to burrow up with explosive speed, going through the earth like water. The creep burst out of the ground directly under Maeva, and tried to bite at her left leg as it did.

Damage:

Important Info:

Maeva

Maeva
Maeva listened carefully to the man as he didn't seemed phased by her Semblance and even seemed interested to learn more about it and her masks in general. She appreciate that the guy openly talked about his own Semblance in return, even though she didn't ask to know. For her it was a sign that she wasn't seen as a threat to him, and simply as another Huntswoman with a more exotic power than most. She watched as he showed his ferrokynesis by moving his chain without swinging his arm, but she understood that he preferred to use it to work on machines and the likes rather than to use it to fight. She was a tad more focused on his weapon though, very similar to hers, yet better as it was very close to what her arm looked like when wearing her Warrior's mask, a bladed chain. But she had the feeling that this guy had the time to work on his more than her and maybe one day she would have her chainwhip be more dangerous than his. She didn't say a word and simply nodded at his explanation before she felt something moving...

Maeva could feel something going on under their feet but it didn't seemed like Jet would notice it with him being a human. Out of spite, she moved forward to push the man out of the way but by doing so and by being the prime target of the Creep, her leg got got bitten. The girl hold out the pain and went for a roundhouse kick right in the Grimm's face to force it to let go of her before ship swung her whip at it to make it back up. She looked at Jet just a moment before speaking to him. "What are you waiting for? Go kill it!" With that she gave one last whiplash at the Creep.

Spoiler:

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
Jet was still in the middle of his snake charmer interpretation with his weapon when the blue haired girl pushed him backward, pretty hard. Now Jet isn't a short guy and he's pretty proefficient in martial arts, so he's not easy to move. Still, he was in the middle of showing off so of course, it took him by surprise. He fell on the ground, a bit startled by his sudden shift in balance. He didn't get the time to say anything about it since a creep suddenly burst from the ground, biting at the girl's leg.

Jet scrambled up, ready to attack but the creep was a bit too close at first and they were moving a lot, he didn't want to hit her by mistake. As much control as he had over his weapon, there's a limit to it. Still, when she called him on it he launched his own attack, forgoing using his weapon in the end and giving the strongest front-kick he could to try and lift the creature in the air. He followed it with an overhead strike from his weapon, trying to both hurt and wrap it around the creature's body. With a sharp tug, the blades would dig deep in the flesh as well as trying to restrain the Grimm, making it easier for the other whip user to attack it's weak spots.

"What are you waiting for? Finish it!" Jet said with a smile, returning her words with a joking tone. Well to be honest it might not actually need to be finished by her, it wasn't a particularly strong creep but he couldn't resist. Turning back to the Grimm, he checked to see if it was dissolving already.

Battle Stuff:

Creep

Creep

GRIMM ENCOUNTER MEDIUM
Creep - 30/100
15 Damage Resistance

Maeva's kick struck the Creep in the face, and did no damage against it's bone armor clad skull. Her next attack, the first whiplash, struck the Creep across it's side (-10 HP). It sidestepped the next whiplash and at the same time avoid Jet's followup kick. In doing so however, the Creep was completely open to Jet's overhead attack with the whip-like attack. The attack struck it over it's bone-armor skull, doing minimal damage (-20 HP). It defenses didn't protect the Creep from the blade-whip wrapping around its neck. As quickly pulled back the whip, the blades sliced at the Creep dealing full damage (-40 HP).

On it's last legs, the Creep leaped at Jet, attempting to bite and tear his arm.

Damage:

Important Info:

Maeva

Maeva
Maeva didn't really appreciate the man's joking tone as she thought it wasn't the place nor the time. "Geez, this guy really has no idea what I just went through... okay yeah if he'd knew he'd probably act differently, at least I hope..." Still he was right, the Grimm had to be finished off and quickly before something bigger would come their way while they aren't looking. The now one-legged Creep went for a leap at the man and with their type of weapon, something closing in was most of the time hard to deal with, for her anyway.

Wanting to deal with it as fast as possible, Maeva put on her Warrior's mask and the transformation began. Her right arm fused with her weapon as a white shell similar to the Grimm's began to cover it before sectioning at regular spaces while still being connected by her aura to form her giant arm-blade-whip.

Maeva didn't wait after her morphing and slashed at the Creep with a cross-slash pattern to finish it off, making sure to not hit the man though.

She would then look at him, although maybe he wouldn't be able to tell as she wasn't directly facing him and looked more like from the side. It was strange how she could see through her mask like if they weren't even on her face, very useful. The girl then spoke "You couldn't even finish it yourself? I had to do it? What kind of Huntsman lets his target to another? This is going in MY kill count." Maeva always had this little competitive side, comparing her number of kills with others. Unfortunately for her most of those she met in the academy were better and had spent more time hunting while being at school that she ever did in her entire recalled life, and that was probably the same with this one. She did like idea though that she dealt the final strike on both of the beast they just had fought. She then turned to face the guy and placed her left hand on her thigh. "So now what, why are we standing there, lets move before more of them catches us."

Spoiler:

Jet Jeyson

Jet Jeyson
The creep jumpin at him didn't really frighten him, he was a tough guy and his aura was particularily hard to penetrate, so he didn't even move to avoid the attack. Actually, he even let himself get bitten on his left arm with the purpose of using this as a way to make sure Maeva's strikes would hit. Activating his semblance, Jet coiled his weapon around the creeps head and locked it there. If the Grimm tried to escape, it would only deepen the wounds on it's neck and possibly even cut it off if it pulled too hard, forcing it in place.  The bite did sting a bit but his aura did it's work in preventing any wound.

Jet could only chuckle at the smaller girl's claim on the kill. Well she wasn't wrong, she landed the killing blow... or at least he tried to make sure she did. Honestly, Jet thought she might need it. She had looked a bit shaken up when he got there and he could understand it, she had been running away from all of those Grimms after her. Killing them could be therapeutic, so he was happy letting her get the last hit.

"Hmmm, I think we should run. We were lucky that we only got found by two small ones from the horde that was following you, but there's bound to be bigger ones catching up soon."

Battle Stuff:

Creep

Creep

GRIMM ENCOUNTER MEDIUM
Creep - -/100; Dead
15 Damage Resistance

The Creep's attack was successful, but this battle, was by far not. Landing it's bite on Jet's arm, it left itself completely open to Maeva's two quick attacks which was plenty enough to finish it off (-30 HP Total). If that wasn't enough to finish it off, Jet's follow up semblance attack would have done so.

Defeated, the creep fell limp on the ground, it's body beginning to fade away in a black dust type material, as was the nature of all defeated Grimm.

Damage:

Important Info:

Maeva

Maeva
Without wasting anymore time, Maeva switched from her Warrior's Mask to the Beast one to travel faster across the blue forest as she didn't want to stay there any longer than she already had. It was true that bigger threat might show up if they stayed where they were and she would rather not fight again for the day so running away was the perfect plan. She aimed to take the shortest path to the academy but it wasn't the easiest thing to do when you had your mind on what could be following you with an intent to kill. Running like crazy without a word for a long while, the mouse finally got a glance of Syne through the branches of the trees, causing her to stop and look behind to see if she was still followed, both by the guy and the Grimms. Something was sure, no black beast was in sight so it was a relief, they had lost them.

Maeva took of her mask, returning to her normal appearance before taking a moment to catch her breath. "Geez, I'm never running like that ever again, I feel like one of my lungs is about to collapse. One thing's for sure, I'm avoiding what happened earlier by never going in the forest alone ever again, either for hunting or for fun, no way." She made sure that the guy was there before turning to him, her cheek lightly red from embarrassment. "Thanks for helping me out, I don't know what would have happened back there. I'm heading back to Syne right away, after all this I need a shower. I'll see you around maybe." With that the blue-haired girl made her way towards the academy, her hair and her denim coat mixing with the blues of the woods.

~Exit~

(OOC: I know we planned on fighting something bigger, but I have a harder time posting with Mae than before (I blame Ash~) so it's best to stop here, soory...)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum