You are not connected. Please login or register

Festival Friends (Veta)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Festival Friends (Veta) Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:56 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

Liona sat on a Light blue blanket laid out across grass. There were so many noises in Skylight today, What with the spring festival going on and such. People were everywhere, moving about and looking at all the different booths set up all over the clearing. The forest was so colorful this week, all the tents and ribbons giving it more life than there already was in the woods. The faunus girl smiled. It was nice that Bellmuse had something like this too. A festival of fun. She took a sip from her water bottle and continued to sit, waiting.

She wondered if Veta got her message. Liona had visited her dorm this morning, but no one was there so she left a note slipped under the door. The blonde had not had a good chat with her best friend lately, and now she needed to. It seemed like the SpringFest, with everyone so relaxed, was the perfect time. no one running around, trying to get some hunting done. Well, there were the people in the scavenger hunt today, but that was different.
I won't live in a shadow

2Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Re: Festival Friends (Veta) Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:36 am

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
It had been a few weeks at least since Veta Hunter had had a proper chance to sit down and relax. The poor faunus girl loved to relax and be just a little bit mischievous when she had a chance. Hanging out with friends was an even better option, though that one was even more rare than her free time. Maybe she shouldn't have signed up for so many classes.

Still, when the pink-haired girl had returned from the library, she hadn't failed to notice Liona's handwriting even in the dark. Turning on the light and picking up the letter, she read it over, eyes widening. She'd completely forgotten about the festival stuff today!!! Almost immediately, she'd changed into something better for being outside on this cool spring day (including her white jacket and her hat she often wore when she left the academy) and ran outside, headed straight for the Skylight Woods.

She arrived a little while later, eyes darting around as she looked for Liona. It wasn't long before she spotted the distinctive blonde hair and cat ears, and Veta bounded towards her, taking off her hat and shaking her hair a bit so it would fall into place. "Liona!" she greeted happily. "I'm so happy you left that message for me! I've been so busy with hunting practice and homework I completely forgot the festival was today..." She plopped down, cross-legged in front of her companion, looking content to be here already. "So, how have you been? I'm really really sorry I haven't been around more. I think I signed up for too many classes..."

3Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Re: Festival Friends (Veta) Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:58 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

'Liona!' The blonde cat Faunus heard her name and looked up to see Veta running toward her. Liona sighed a breath of relief and waved as her red headed friend dropped down onto the blanket. "I was afraid you'd never show!" Liona offered one of the pastries that a nearby booth had been selling, as Veta spoke. "Haha, you shouldn't push yourself." Because Liona was definitely one to talk. If Veta thought SHE had too many classes, then she had obviously not seen Lio's schedule. "Anyway, I'm fine, had a decent break between classes, so I figured it was a good time to check out this festival. It looks so lively y'know?"

"What about you? Besides all your classes, that is." Liona needed more days like this, more days where she could just relax and hang out with her friends. It rarely ever happened. Thank god for this festival, it ended up canceling a few of her classes, the ones with awesome professors who wanted students to go out and have fun. Of course, Liona didn't want to imagine the hard work that she would be getting back to in order to catch up on a missed class.
I won't live in a shadow

4Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Re: Festival Friends (Veta) Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:11 pm

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Veta took her snack happily and chewed on it a bit while Liona told her about what was going on and how she'd gotten a break and everything. It was pretty nice just get to do this sort of thing. A large part of her missed when she got to be an impish little kid who played jokes on the other faunus for fun. She'd managed to abandon that habit when she came to school, and getting her leader position she had never had a chance to decide to pick it back up. She was so responsible now. It was... odd to think of, truth be told.

"Well besides studying and hunting..." she pulled out her weapon and extended it to show off it's new, upgraded status. "I did this!" She'd managed to get a permit to do so a few weeks ago and had yet to get a chance to show her best friend. It looked a lot more impressive and Veta was proud of it. after a moment she sheathed it as she returned it to it's compact form and stuck it back in her holder that was concealed on her back. "Wow I really need to have more fun with you, don't I? I promise I might work hard but I'm not actually a workaholic..."

5Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Re: Festival Friends (Veta) Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

Veta had been doing basically the same things as any other student of Syne, though she was able show Liona her new and improved spear, recently updated. Impressed, Liona unsheathed her claws and looked at them. Maybe she should get them refined. Or her dust. Maybe soon, who knows? 'Wow I really need to have more fun with you, don't I?' Liona looked back up at Veta when she spoke, folding her claws back into her gauntlets. "Yeah, we should hang out more..." Liona gave her a sad smile, but she caught herself. She shook her head, hoping that Veta didn't see the expression. "Let's go have some fun!" The Lion pointed at a nearby booth with plush prizes. "Bet you cant get that giant cat!" With that, Liona jumped up and ran to the booth.
I won't live in a shadow

6Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Re: Festival Friends (Veta) Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Veta caught only a small glimpse of Liona’s sad smile, but she only barely had time to register it and wonder what it was about before Liona sprung up, challenging Veta to yet another challenge. Liona was fun if you liked a challenge. Even if she sometimes challenged you to things you couldn’t win. At least as long as Veta kept that in mind. She decided she might ask her about the face she’d made later. It could be something important, after all. There was a lot going on, between the rumors of White Fang finally arriving in Belmuse, and the increasing numbers of grimm. Not to mention what was already going on in the more peaceful portion of their lives.

The ginger-haired Faunus stood up and followed Liona, a little slower as usual. She arrived moments later, chuckling happily. Just being around Liona was a lot of fun. “I actually stand a chance at this game,” Veta told her friend playfully as she bounced on the heels of her feet. “This is about precision, not speed.” She had a grin on her face, hoping to get Liona fired up for the competition. Then it would be fun no matter who won, because they were trying their hardest. At least that was the mindset Veta had at this point.

7Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Re: Festival Friends (Veta) Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:58 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

They got to the booth and Veta comented on how this was a precision race, rather than a speed race. And it was true. This would mean that Veta would have the upper hand,since Liona wasnt the best long range. Here was the game: There were a few water guns, and a button target. A prize of the player's choice would sit on a lift, and whoever got their plush to the top first by shooting the button wins it. It seemed simple enough, but Liona was not all that great with a gun. There was a reason her weapon of choice was short ranged melee.

Either way, it was fun and they were playing. Liona needed to have as much fun with Veta today as she could. No. Now was not the time to be thinking about that. Now was the time to foucus on winning the stuffed rabbit that Liona had asked to be placed on the lift. "You may have more precision, but i can hit the trigger faster!" Of course, this meant nothing, because when Liona did hit the button The aim was off. Unless Veta Royally screwed up, Liona was not getting a prize. So instead, She turned the gun on the red haired faunus as a diversion.

I won't live in a shadow

8Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Re: Festival Friends (Veta) Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:40 pm

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Veta giggled happily as she realized she’d somehow become a better shot than Liona. She hadn’t realized. And she still owed her after their frolic in Finnek Forest where she’d challenged Veta to a race when she had a speed type aura. Not that she was holding it against her in the slightest, but it was still a nice feeling. What wasn’t quite as nice was the cold water suddenly drenching the large-eared cat faunus. “Eeep!” she recoiled, her aim thrown off far enough to hit Liona completely on accident. She stood there dripping for a moment.

“I didn’t know we were playing dirty!” Veta whined. She wasn't whining much though, and she still had a grin on her face. It was warming up by now though, so Veta didn’t actually mind that much. At least the wettest part was the jacket she didn’t need anymore. “Well then!” She sprayed at Liona again with a laugh before turning her steam back to the actual game. If Liona didn’t do something more than squirt the now-prepared girl, she was going to win the prize in a matter of seconds.

9Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Re: Festival Friends (Veta) Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:10 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

The shock of the water caused Veta to recoil, Hitting Liona herself with the water. Liona shrieked, but she was also laughing at the very same time as she shied away from the water. She turned back to the race and tried to catch up, but she got hit by another blast of water from Veta and shrieked again, ducking to take cover as Veta went back to her own side of the race. despite Liona's valiant efforts, she still ended up losing. Oh well, it was not like winning was all that important anyway. She just needed to have some fun with Veta before...

"Listen... There's something I should talk to you about..." Liona waited until after Veta had gotten her prize to speak. She led her friend back to the blanket to sit down. "Make sure you don't hate me, okay? I uh, am gonna leave Syne. It's for a bunch of different reasons, but I just have to move on..." Her expression went back to that sad smile as she looked down.

I won't live in a shadow

10Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Re: Festival Friends (Veta) Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:46 am

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Veta grinned widely as she recieved her prize, cradling it and twitching one of her ears as she turned her head. She was rather surprised, though, to hear the words out of Liona's mouth next. "Make sure you don't hate me, okay?" she asked before telling her she planned to leave Syne Academy. Veta's face sunk as she heard her best friend say this.

Was she unhappy? She didn't get along with humans very well, obviously, and Veta understood that. But she didn't think it was just that. Liona was a complicated girl. Veta was complicated too, obviously, but her complication didn't... make her want to leave the hunter academy she'd dreamed of joining ever since she heard of it. Still...

"... You shouldn't leave alone," Veta told her friend after a moment. Her ears drooped slightly, but she she looked dead serious. She shifted slightly, looking away at all of the people before she looked back. She gave Liona a grin. "I'll come with you. You're my best friend, after all."

11Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Re: Festival Friends (Veta) Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

The blonde faunus felt like crap when Veta's face fell as Liona destroyed the wide smile that her friend had donned not moments before. But soon, Liona's eyes opened wide as Veta suggested coming with her. "No, Veta, I can't let you do that. You've wanted to go to Syne so badly, and what about the team you LEAD? You've been working so hard, I can't let you throw that away just because of me." Liona shook her head. "I'm going because I have to. I can't stay there and have the freedom I'm looking for." Freedom from the judging humans, freedom from her mother's shadow that, even though no one knew about it, Liona still felt it looming over her, and she suspected that it would stay that way until Liona left. Liona had to leave, and she could not take her best friend, who loved that school and was having fun, with her.

I won't live in a shadow

12Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Re: Festival Friends (Veta) Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Veta only looked determined as Liona insisted that she had a team to lead. She did love being at Syne. She really really did. But some things were more important to the ginger faunus girl. She hugged Lions suddenly, wrapping her arms around her.

She stayed like that for a long moment, before adding "I know I've got my leadership stuff, but to yell you the truth , I'm getting good scores and stuff but my team doesn't... mesh so well. Besides they aren't my best friend. You are. Some things are more important. And besides, I can still fight Grimm. That's what I came here to learn."

Veta almost couldn't grasp what she was saying for her friend. She knew she meant it though. She could fight grimm, huntress or not. But she knew she could never forgive herself if she just let her friend go all on her own, possibly for Veta to never see her again.

13Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Re: Festival Friends (Veta) Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:52 am

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko

Liona Mimiko
The Glass Lion

Suddenly, Liona received a hug from her friend, as Veta explained her reasoning for following the blonde cat out. This display of loyalty almost made Liona cry... almost, and she returned the hug. She still did not want Veta to come with her after she had gotten into Syne, and seemed to be having a good time. However, Liona did not think that she would be changing Veta's mind any time soon. She seemed to be dead serious about this. "If you're sure, I would love to have your company." Liona meant it. It would be tough not having a friend to be with.

This was like starting a new chapter in their lives, Just like the spring that this festival celebrated. Maybe this was a bad idea, or maybe, hopefully, it was the best choice to make. The only way to find out was to at least take the step and try.

-exit, Quit School. :P-

I won't live in a shadow

14Festival Friends (Veta) Empty Re: Festival Friends (Veta) Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:53 am

Veta Hunter

Veta Hunter
Veta gave Liona an encouraging grin as their decision played over and over in Veta's head. If she had family she was close enough to talk to about these things, she probably would have wondered how she was going to explain what she was getting into. As it was, she had only herself, Liona, and her other friends she'd made here at Syne. But she could tell them either before she left, or in a letter later. For now, though, she just looked around the festival, at everyone having fun. It was suddenly like a whole other world. Her ears fell after a moment, but it was because she suddenly remembered she was wet and slightly chilly. Veta chuckled as she shivered. "Don't worry, I'll stick with you no matter what. That's what best friends are for," she reasoned to Liona as she put her hands on Liona's shoulders. "So, when do we leave then?"

-Exit along with Liona-

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum