You are not connected. Please login or register

scent and wonders(solo shadow mission canddle wax.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Selkie Heart

Selkie Heart
The day was damp after a quick shower past through as Selkie stood under the over hang of a shop as it went away as soon as it came. she was passing her time under the over hang with a simple card game she was showed how she was able to access with her scroll, once the final drops finally came to a stop she moved out and started to the shop of the candle maker know as North, such a strange name selkie though as her clothes gave her the look of a social worker as she walked in. "hello?" she spoke as she smelled the scents of all the candles. she found her self looking over all the many kinds of candles, the soft smells of some where more alluring then some of the more pungent smells. finaly the old man came out from the back and spoke. "hello can i help you." selkie turned and nodded walking up to him. "yes i'm here for the shadowing." he looked at her points to his badd ear and cupped around his good. "oh you're hard of hearing. I'm here for the shadowing." she said a little more clear and louder. he nodded his head and looked selkie over. "i have to say if your here for the shadowing you don't look like a student... more like a teacher." selkie took that complement with a grain of salt as to not pry to much as it might have been a old comment.

words 252

Selkie Heart

Selkie Heart
north showed selkie around showing her the tools of the trade as they talked about how he did things. Selkie watched and finally had a good question of her own. "oh i got a question how simple is it to infuse scent into the waxes of the candle while yo make them? I've always enjoyed the sea breeze scents. " North didn't have much of a problem hearing as he was quite intrigued on what this woman had to say maybe is just as he was looking at Silkie bosoms, then again she didn't exactly hide them quite honestly they are propped up held up in displaying her nice tight shirt. "While my dear we often infuse scents into the wax while it still heated, often scents are sent to me by people who want them or I develop my own blend of sense to tantalize those nostrils of yours." Silky was quite intrigued by what he was saying it wasn't often that you could just makes a combination of sense together that you smell from a candle and make it work was there more to this process was a lot of work? Well that is why she was here to find out after all she was shadowing him for the day. Silky was now wondering if she make her own sent by the end of the day. " If you do not mind I'd like to try to make my own mixture. Or is there a way you have to balance?" North nodded his head at her last response, if not balanced properly some of the scents could overpower the others.

(270)

Selkie Heart

Selkie Heart
After long discussions of how to finally balance the scents for the candles North was showing her the process on how to make a tapering candle, quite a simple process really just a lot of repetitive motions. After about 30 minutes he had a nice size tapering candle then coated it in a more tougher wax coating and hung them to dry. "Well that is quite the interesting process not very much to it but now is wondering could make a tapering candle scented? It sends so many romantic ideas for a romantic dinner through my mind." Watching with her hands on her chin elbows on her knees enjoying watching this man do his job. The efficiency did it in show that he had done this for many years, there is no way she would be as fluid with her motions as he was. North took a seat across from her with a big smile twiddling his fingers in his mustache. "A romantic dinner tapering candle that is scented, well aren't you a clever one it's a little difficult the oils wouldn't defuse as candle burned down. We could make one but you're going to make yourself so please choose your scent." North backed up and showed her a wall of essential oils from the pedals of a rose all the way to the fresh crisp Atlas apple pie. Standing up silky went up to the wall and chooses a calming Lavender along with a burning cinnamon. She looked at North with a smile presenting the two choices. "Is it possible to make it a calm Lavender before it becomes a passionate cinnamon?" North went to stroking his beard with a large grin on his face. "Well aren't you a clever clever minx. Yes we could turn it but it's going to be difficult I hope you're ready to learn."

(310)

Selkie Heart

Selkie Heart
After waiting a couple hours for getting the wax together properly mixed and the style of candle that she wanted silky was able to begin her first attempt at making a candle. Taking the waxed string she placed it into the mold shortly after first came the cinnamon the liquid scented wax filled her nose almost making one want to sneeze from tickle it burned. "My this is quite pungent, I really think it be the strong until now." North chuckled a little bit as he watched her carefully pour this liquid fire into the mold, she stopped just a little over the mark And then moved onto the next mold to do the same for another four candles after that he quickly start for the lavender which slowly soothe the burning smell from the cinnamon but the burned still lingered boy did it cling to her nostrils. After she was done now is the waiting for everything to cool off the molds were clear plastic so she saw her what her design looked like the candle itself was too toned red for the fiery cinnamon calming blue for the lavender. " Through all the talking this is actually rather simple but also very much fun I see why you have done it for so long." After all the long explanations and planing she understood more about this process is very soothing quite calm very different from what she was used to.

(241 words)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum