You are not connected. Please login or register

Over the Hills and Far Away (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Empty Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:45 pm

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren wandered down the halls of the dormitory. He had been here before, so he knew his way. He should've known his way anyways... He hadn't spent much time in this part of the school, to be honest. Too many other things he could spend his time doing, though, it's not like he spent too much time out of school. It took an airship to simply get out of Syne Academy, and why they would build a school in such a remote location was beyond him. Warren had dozed off while he walked, and he suddenly found himself completely lost. His attempts at backtracking only served to get him even more confused too. Exactly how he had gotten lost was beyond him, but here he was anyways. He scratched his head in confusion, looking around. He peered down a bend in the hallway. Nothing recognizable. He peered down the other way. Nothing there either. He sighed in defeat, doing something he would probably regret for the rest of his life. He stopped to ask for directions.

Warren turned towards someone walking past him, tapping them on their shoulder to get their attention and asked, "Hey, sorry to bother you, but... Could you help me find my way to my room? I think I've gotten lost somehow..."

2Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Empty Re: Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:10 am

Rayne Hill

Rayne Hill
Rayne was on his way to the library and decided to take a walk through the dorms as a way to learn the hall ways. He was deep in thought and not paying attention to others as he walked past them, before someone literally tapped him to get his attention which startled him. He turned around to look and hear what the person wanted.

He blinked a couple times registering what he had said and looked around the hallway, thinking of the floor plans of the dorm building.

"Sure I can help you,"Rayne said as he took a drink from his thermos that held his green tea that was at his side."New here too eh? I'm new here as well, luckily had a pretty guide to help me through the place. So what's your room number eh?"

3Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Empty Re: Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:26 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren, gave a small nod of thanks to the stranger, and struggled for a second, trying to remember his room number. "Room 213 I... think?" He honestly wasn't too sure, after he'd found it the first time, he'd simply remembered the directions to it. Turn right here, and a left over there... Not that it did much good to him now that he was lost. "Sorry I'm not much help with this," Warren says with a sigh and a weary smile. "I'm really not too good with remembering directions, or addresses."

"My name's Warren by the way, and thanks for the help."

4Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Empty Re: Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:46 am

Rayne Hill

Rayne Hill
Rayne nodded knowing what it was like to be lost and forgetting something. He bit his tongue trying to think what floor the room number he had said was on. He pondered for a minute before snapping his fingers.
"Ah it happens to everyone, i've gotten lost and forgot a few things in life. 213 you think eh?"Rayne said as he beckoned with his head towards the opposite way he was originally going to and heading to the stairs."213 is a second floor dorm number if memory serves me correct. My names Rayne and no problem really. Everyone here is here to learn and most likely be working together hunting the grim down soon and best way is to help one another even if its small things. Well thats my opinion anyways."

5Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Empty Re: Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:12 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren nodded quietly along to show that he was listening while he followed Rayne. An unusual name, Warren thought to himself. He wasn't going to judge though, there wasn't much in a name, in his opinion. He agreed with Rayne's sentiments. The Grimm generally had something over your average man, and it was only with Dust that the Grimm were able to be pushed back. Might as well get every advantage you could get over them while you could, after all. "I'd say that's a good opinion that you have there. You can generally do more with two heads than you can do with one. I'm glad to have found someone who knows this place better than I do though, but I suppose that isn't saying much." Warren gives a self-deprecating laugh. "Have you done anything outside of school yet? I mean, when you need an airship just to come go, does it ever get bothersome?"

6Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Empty Re: Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:30 am

Rayne Hill

Rayne Hill
Rayne sighed and looked dejectedly when Warren asked him if he had done anything outside of the school.

"I haven't been outside the school yet, sadly, i wanted to check out some stores they have but haven't had the time to though. I've been looking forward to head to the library to do some reading on Dust, maybe find some interesting ways to use my own dust in conjunction with my weapon,"Rayne said as he fingered his weapon on his back. "I was lucky and had a pretty guide to show me around when i arrived, but there are some areas that im not sure about though, mainly the lecture and classrooms."

Rayne pondered on the airship mention and shrugged at it as he began climbing the stairs. He wondered how many classes they would have and what exactly they would entail.

"What weapon do you use eh? Just curious,"Rayne asked Warren as he got to the top of the stairs to the second floor. He took a look to the directory panel on the wall looking for Warren's room number before tapping it and pointing left then right. He turns around scratching behind his head."I...have problems reading maps, directories and probably would get lost if I did go to the city. So I haven't really gone, eheheheh."

7Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Empty Re: Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:32 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren gave a quiet chuckle. "Heh... Well, I'm more familiar with the classrooms than I am with the dorms. Maybe we can help each other out." Warren followed Rayne up the stairs, and looked around as he began to realize that things started to look familiar again.

"My weapon, huh?" Warren asked back a little distractedly. "I don't actually have a weapon per se... Well, I mean I used to, it was a sword, but that got broke before I entered Syne... Right now I'm using a suit of armor, and some Dust. I'm looking to go and get a new sword, so I'm not just running around and punching the Grimm, but the Dust works for now." He glanced at the curved blade sheathed on Rayne's back. "I'm guessing you use a sword too?"

Warren looked at Rayne as he tried to read a map, giving a laugh when he professed his inability to find directions. "And you're supposed to be showing me to my room?" Warren said jokingly. "Don't worry about, I know the way from here." Warren waved his hand down to the right of the hall. "It's this way. You asked about my weapon earlier, you want to come see it?"

8Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Empty Re: Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:49 am

Rayne Hill

Rayne Hill
Rayne grinned and nodded as he brought up that he would help him get to know the classrooms and he'd help him with the rest of the school. He was also intrigued how he didn't have a weapon but armour.

"Interesting, now i'm intrigued how you have an armour yet no weapon,"Rayne said as he wondered how that would work out for him. The dust he was interested in and wondered how he used the dust in combination with his armour."I'm more interested in how you combine you armour with the use of Dust and what type of Dust you use. I use water Dust, alongside my weapon."

9Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Empty Re: Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:17 am

Warren Novack

Warren Novack
Warren strode down the hall, finally in familiar territory. He smiled to himself as he finally came upon it, his room. He tapped the number next to the doorway, 213. He turns around to face Rayne once again as he beings to inquire about his armor. "Oh, well, I'd like to think it works out pretty well for me. I like to use yellow Dust, or lightning. I can throw it around, knock people in the face with it, or run it through my armor if the Grimm start getting a little too close to my liking. Works out pretty well in my opinion. I haven't been able to get my hands on any lightning recently though, so I've had to settle for fire." Warren gives a small shrug. "How do you fight with your weapon?"

10Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Empty Re: Over the Hills and Far Away (Open) Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:44 am

Rayne Hill

Rayne Hill
Rayne nodded and was thinking how he would have the lightning dust run through his armour without it harming himself but put it away for storage to think about another time. He grinned and scratched behind his head when Warren asked how he fought with his weapon.

"Well, I use my water Dust to the face, blind them and hopefully get a quick draw in, if not i...use my aura, get out and hit them from behind. Rinse and repeat. Kinda useless if there are multiple enemies but one on one, effective, as long as the person/grim doesn't catch on to my pattern,"Rayne said with a shrug as he took another drink from his thermos. He wondered how he could improve his own abilities and come up with a new combo, or just create something new altogether. He would put it away for storage to think about later and also for integrating others with him but that too, would have to wait.."Kinda straight forward really, still lots of room for improvement though."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum