You are not connected. Please login or register

Return of the Young Warrior(open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Return of the Young Warrior(open) Empty Return of the Young Warrior(open) Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
Sky thrashes awake in his bed, his consciousness kickstarted from the coma he had been laying in. He doesnt remember anything, at all. he glances wildly about the room, until his gaze rests on his swords which kickstarts his memory. Growing up on the farm, running away to Signal, leading his team... watching them die. graduating... coming to syne. the last thing he remembered was going off on a mission... something about books... he shouldn't have gone alone. he had managed to drag himself, dusty and maimed, back to Syne academy. or close enough, considering that he was here now. With the view of the blue forest outside the window there was nowhere else he could be. he pulls the cords off of him and sits up, swings his feet out of bed. he dresses himself silently, and finally clicks on his swords behind his back. He had usually carried them about his hips but felt like mixing it up for some reason. He pauses at the doorway, sensing a new beginning. He walks out into the corridor and makes his way outside the building, feeling like a ghost. he stands in the courtyard, looking around at all the people, trying to get a sense of where he might fit in, now.

2Return of the Young Warrior(open) Empty Re: Return of the Young Warrior(open) Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Sirius Saffir

Sirius Saffir
Sirius was lounging in the commons fiddling with his yo-yo and occasionally doing a trick with it, but was lounging all the same. Steel Ball suddenly went flying out of his hands and landed at the feet of a nearby stranger. He gets up with a groan and cups his hands around his mouth to shout at Sky.

"Hey you! With the Bedhead! Yeah you!" Sirius waved his hands back and forth the make sure he had gotten the strangers attention, even going as far as to whistle sharply through his teeth. "Hey, you mind tossing that back over here?! I'd really appreciate that."

He looked the mysterious stranger up and down briefly before deciding that it would probably be more polite for him to go over there. This especially given by the fact that the stranger didn't look like he's eaten in a while, made him even more empathetic as he jogged over. "Hey man, you alright? You look like you just came back from the dead or something." He said from about 10 feet away from Sky.

3Return of the Young Warrior(open) Empty Re: Return of the Young Warrior(open) Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:28 pm

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
Sky looks from the yoyo at his feet to the man whistling and waving for his attention, then back to the yoyo. He flips it onto his foot like a soccer ball the kicks it up into his hands. And then looks back to the dude, who had now come closer Well, technically, I did. I just woke up out of a coma. he reaches up and ruffles his hair, then grips his stomach as it growls. Ill tell ya hospital food is the worst, even when you cant taste it. He laughs then tosses the yoyo back. My name is Sky, sky Richardson. I used to go here, a while ago. I went non a mission... For something... I think it had to do with a book? he shakes his head. anyway I'm not even sure how long I was out for. he shakes his head wryly, then looks back at the guy.

4Return of the Young Warrior(open) Empty Re: Return of the Young Warrior(open) Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Sirius Saffir

Sirius Saffir
Sirius catches the yo-yo and swings it around for a moment to make sure it wasn't damaged. He then looks back up at Sky with some regard of concern. "Wow, you're serious? That must be a reasonably heavy thought to deal with." He holds Steel Ball out and retracts it with an electronic zipping noise before putting it away into his hoodie pocket. "I bet you have a serious case of cabin fever after that, but are you sure you should be up and about? Don't they need to rehabilitate you or something?" He scratches his head and thinks about it, before shrugging and pulling out his wallet.

"Whatever, you seem to be fine. Hey, I finished a shadow recently, so how 'bout we head down to the Mess? I'll buy, you gotta be starving." He shakes his wallet a second before sliding it away again. "Oh yeah, I'm Sirius by the way. Sirius Saffir." He speaks as he places his hands behind his head and stretches.

5Return of the Young Warrior(open) Empty Re: Return of the Young Warrior(open) Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
Sky shrugs in response, yeah it was pretty heavy but then again most of his life had been too. He had used to let that kind of stuff weigh him down, but hid it behind a cheery and somewhat sarcastic affect. Since he had awoken, though, he felt different. less like he was pretending to be cheery, more like he actually was. it felt good. He grins, Rehabilitation? Nah. just gotta get some food in me then work on getting my muscle mass back. don't need anyone looking over my shoulder telling me how to do that, he says with a laugh. Ah, you sure? Thatd be great! he pats his own pockets and comes up with a wallet of his own, and he opens it and a bit of dust comes out. He looks sheepishly at Sirius and grins. Nice to meet you, sirius! he says sticking a calloused hand out for a shake.

6Return of the Young Warrior(open) Empty Re: Return of the Young Warrior(open) Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:21 pm

Sirius Saffir

Sirius Saffir
Sirius stops for a brief moment an looks at the guys hand. He looks back up at Sky and closes his eyes, taking a deep breath. 'You know what? Who cares? I'm stuck being a human air conditioner for the remainder of my existence, so it's best to just deal with it now in a more constructive way than down the line.' Sirius concluded to himself. He walked forward the remaining 10 feet and shook Sky's hand despite how cold he knew he would be.

"Yeah, I suppose we are future huntsman after all. We probably out to be a bit more resilient than most things. I think my gramps actually said something about that once." He says flipping his hood down off of his head and turning off toward the cafeteria. "Say, those swords of yours. Did you make those yourself? They do anything special or cool?" Sirius posed these questions with a bit of vested interest, but still placed his hands behind his head nonchalantly even as he did so.

7Return of the Young Warrior(open) Empty Re: Return of the Young Warrior(open) Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:27 am

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
Sky notices the apprehension cross sirius' face and wonders what its about. As he gets closer to shake hands, however, sky notices the chill.  Sky just smiles wider, and as the clasp their hands together sky lets go of his usual restraint, and Sirius would notice a tingling from sky, like a very small electrical current. It ran through him constantly and he usually restrained it to avoid freaking others out, but he figured that since sirius was at a disadvantage sky would match him.

yeah, wind and rain, I made then myself. Just regular, plain old swords, though they do conduct better than average steel, he says with a wink. what about you? Is that yoyo thing your weapon? it was certainly hefty enough. Sky suspected there night be motive behind the words, but he didn't really care. It wasnt his way to be deceitful, even when it would be to his advantage.

8Return of the Young Warrior(open) Empty Re: Return of the Young Warrior(open) Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Sirius Saffir

Sirius Saffir
Sirius laughs a bit. "Huh, I suppose that would be pretty useful for you wouldn't it? I suppose that I couldn't settle for a sword. It's a classic, and they get the job done, but..." He flicks his thumb and extends Steel Ball with the bracer switch. "Who ever heard of a yo-yo as a weapon? Well, Steel Ball isn't just a yo-yo. It's made of hyperdense alloys in the head of it to make it heavier and more susceptible to inertia, meanwhile the wire connecting it to me is made out of other metallic filaments to prevent snapping, tearing, slicing, melting, you name it. The head is also filled with rubberized electronics that are directly connected to my bracer via radio frequencies, allowing it to extend or retract at will. Steel Ball isn't just a weapon to me."

Sirius turns around and points at Sky. "This is my partner in combat. I know that I can always depend on it. That's what weapons are made for, and we should respect them." Sirius smiles at the end of his rant before realizing how absolutely insane that he probably sounded there, but continues to smile and hold his composure, despite a bead of stress sweat rolling down his forehead.

9Return of the Young Warrior(open) Empty Re: Return of the Young Warrior(open) Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:40 am

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
Sky laughs and shrugs. They may be quaint, but I believe that our weapons are just as much an extension of our souls as our semblance are. I mean I can be pretty hot headed and reckless, but I'm also usually hyperfocused. I have no skill or stomach for things like tact or deceit. So, swords, no bells or whistle, represent my upfront and direct manner, while my semblance represents my wild but focused energy.

He listens as Sirius talks about his weapon, but looks confused. rubberized... Alectronics? it dawns on him fully. shoot! Now I'm gonna have to worry about that each time I want to fry someone's stuff.he nods to Sirius, believe me, I know exactly what your talking about. Wind and Rain are so much more than just swords...they are a part of me but also somehow apart. It might sound weird but I kinda think of them as people. I mean they are an extension of me, as natural to mess arms and legs.

10Return of the Young Warrior(open) Empty Re: Return of the Young Warrior(open) Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:50 pm

Sirius Saffir

Sirius Saffir
"Tactics and precision. Those are what my weapon is designed around. Maybe I can't hit an Ursa as hard as the next guy. Maybe I can't lift a boulder with one hand. I can still hit that Ursa where it hurts just as much, just the same as I can smash that boulder and lift the rubble."It was true that that was his style of fighting, and that was how he would always get the job done no matter how tough it was. Sirius was confident in his fighting skills just as much as his intelligence off of the battlefield.

He then looks down at his hands as his aura flashes around them ever so slightly. He whispers, almost wistfully. "Hmm, semblance." He wouldn't lie to himself, he didn't miss his home, what he missed were his family and the relationships he had there, and he felt unsure if he would ever have them again.

11Return of the Young Warrior(open) Empty Re: Return of the Young Warrior(open) Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:35 pm

Sky Richardson

Sky Richardson
Sky nods sagely. You know, I get the feeling that you and I would make a great team. Then we would just have to get someone with fire, and someone with earth and then we would have all our bases covered. he laughs as they approach the cafeteria.without thinking about it Sky loads his tray full of food, then looks from his tray to sirius. Ill, er, owe you one, he says with a grin as he goes to sit down. He begins to inhale his food, looking around at all the unfamiliar faces. after this you want to go do some training or something? as I remember it there wasn't ever really much to do around here, has that changed? All that I ever used to do was eat sleep train and fight Grimm. Pretty boring. he chuckles as he holds up a pie. two questions. You think that people would join in if someone started a food fight? And two, you think there's be any serious repercussions?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum