You are not connected. Please login or register

Third door on the right: Mr Winterstone's room (open)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
"Uh. I'll just take my tea straight up thanks. Nothing in it. I prefer It that way.” He smiles slightly rubbing his arm. "I'm regretting that handshake decision already." He smiles slightly. "Ah whatever. I can deal with it." Oliver wanders over to his weapon on the ground and picks it up. Checking it over for any damage. He sits there for a good five minutes. Checking over the blade making sure it still rotates, looking in all the bits and pieces for any accumulating dust. Once Oliver was satisfied that there was no damage on his beloved weapon. He put Malevolent Wyvern on his back and smiles slightly. "So uh. When IS the lecture going to start anyway? I mean It is an important lecture right? So hopefully we should start soon.” Oliver smiled slightly. Clearly enthusiastic about class starting soon. Which was slightly abnormal of a student but Oliver noted this in his head. Brushing off the thought as ludicrous. ‘Surely everyone likes class right?’

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Eliara Caithe

Eliara Caithe
Eli grew distraught as the teacher spoke in past tense about the lecture. "Was? Oh no~ What am I going to tell people when I'm expelled from the academy?" Eli fell to her knees on the ground. "I'll have to become a homeless drifter. Moving from town to town, fixing people's weapons for table scraps. Living like a shade until the day I meet my end at the hands of an Alley Tiger in a dirty ditch somewhere where the sun never shines!"

Eli's eyes suddenly settled on that interesting thing she noticed earlier. It was an axe of some sort she assumed. The blade looked like it belonged on a rotating saw of some sort.  The weapon was strapped across Oliver's back. Eli grinned and dashed behind the Faunus boy. Suddenly Eli was a flurry of activity. "Ooooh, it's an Axe, but also a saw! That could be really nasty for whoever's on the wrong end of this!" Eli spun the saw blade. "You don't mind if I have a look at this do ya Oli~?" Without waiting for conformation Eli started to grab the handle of the weapon and quickly, but gingerly extract it from it's resting place on Oliver's back. A constant stream of consciousness spilled from her mouth as she moved. "Does it have a special function? Does it have a power source? If so what? I wonder if I can tinker with this and upgrade it~! Maybe add something flashy, like lightning! OR maybe make it make whatever it hits EXPLODE! That would be AWESOME!"

Eli was completely absorbed in her own world at this point. It was just her and this new weapon in the room as far as she was aware.

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Oliver looks over his shoulder in surprise. "Uh. Well there's a lot to explain about Malevolent Wyvern. It runs off of fire dust as a power source. Also I wouldn't squeeze the wrapping on the handle too hard. That turns it on, and If you touch that blade when it's on. That finger ain't coming back in the shape it used to be in. That's for sure." Oliver sighs slightly with a slight smile on his face. "Grimm find that out the hard way. Anyway. It's dust compatible. So you can light the blade on fire with fire dust and stuff. So it's cool like that." His smile warms up a little bit more and he looks to Eli. "Also. I do quite mind if it's mechanisms are touched. It took me and my father great trial and effort to get that thing working." Oliver sighs slightly. "I suppose that's just my protective nature over my weapon taking over. I apologize. Just let me know when you're done gawking at my weapon." He smiles rather heartily as he sits down in a chair.

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"Anyway that lecture is going to start in about ten minutes. Students should be coming in soon so if you care to stay I would take a seat." Revan said as he walked up to Oliver "And that is for you" Revan extended a glass of tea to Oliver and took a sip of his own at the same time. "That was a quick turn around from crying on the floor" Revan pointed out as he saw the female student start gawking at The other students weapon.

Revan made his way back to his desk and sat down and began grabbing a few things from his desk to prepare for his lecture. He had very little in the way of paperwork, but did have a good demonstration for use of semblances and aura. He was glad he had palanned this out knowing how horibly improvised lectures can go.

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Oliver reaches his clawed hand up from on his desk and takes the mug of tea from him. "Thanks Professor Winterstone." He sets the mug down gently on the desk in front of him waiting for it to cool slightly and pulls out some pencils and a notepad from his jacket "Thank god I got a pocket large enough to hold a small notebook sewn onto this jacket. Life saver." He takes a sip from his tea after what he believes to be a sufficient cooling period and smiles content with both the taste and the temperature. "Mmm. This is good." Oliver held an expression on his face that looked like all his worries had melted away into the wind with that sip of tea. Soon shortly after he had taken his first sip. Oliver had taken another. Oliver stopped himself from drinking too much. Trying to save this delicious drink for later.

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Eliara Caithe

Eliara Caithe
Eli slightly heard Oli's comments about his weapon. "Oh so you run off of dust? That's rather volitile you poor thing, could accidentally explode or something at any moment. I could never put dust in my treasures~ I prefer something safer." Eli then sighed and reluctantly handed Oli back his weapon. "If you ever want to have Malevolent Wyvern upgraded or something, just let me know~ I love working with these treasures. But then again, I kinda had a lot of spare time to learn how to."

Eli then listened to the teacher state that the lecture would be soon and let out a sigh of relief. "Yay~! I won't be expelled!" She then nodded at the teacher's comment on her behavior. "Well yeah, I love weapons... I kinda relate to them more than I do people." She then longingly eyeballed the tea. "You wouldn't happen to have some extra tea to spare for an adorable (and thirsty) little student would you?" Eli said as she tried to give the teacher her best set of puppy dog eyes.

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"Well it better be good it took me forever to find and mix all of the ingredients" Revan said "I mean do you know how hard it is to find a dragon lotus flower?" Revan said as he noticed students starting to enter the hall for the lecture. He had planned quite the demonstration.

Revan then grabbed a second glass to reply to he request of Eliara. Was still not fully sure if his lecture would go well. He made a glass of tea for Eliara and walked up to her "Here you go" Revan said extending the glass before turning around and making his way back to his desk.

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Oliver nods. "Well my Malevolent Wyvern was built by a hunter and his son so. It's been tested rigorously against explosions in the chamber. Every test came out good. No permanent damage to the weapon was achieved. There’s only one account of reputable damage to the weapon anyway." Oliver smiles and takes a sip from his tea. Smiling slightly he extends his left hand out and as he does his hand starts glowing Olive green with aura. Shortly after his weapon, Malevolent Wyvern, doing the same as it floats right out of Eli's hand straight onto his back. “I broke the frame for the Sawblade once. It took me a while and a lot of fundraising to fix it. I’m not one of those hunters in training who’s absolutely made of Lien.” Oliver chuckled slightly as his chuckling died down into a sigh. “Anyhow. Enough about me. Stories about my past would probably bore you anyway.” Oliver smiles. Leaning back in his seat slightly.

((OOC: Aura 160/170))

Last edited by Oliver Balcross on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jace Reaver

Jace Reaver
There was a knock on the door as Jace somewhat hesitantly walked into the classroom. He didn't really know if he was allowed in here before class started, but then he saw Oliver and a silver haired girl speaking with the professor, and he felt a little less nervous.

"Um...hello, Professor Winterstone?" he said as he walked in. "Hi, um...kinda new here, so I thought I'd meet some of my instructors before lectures start. Oh, hey Oliver." Jace waved to the faunus. "Um...mind if I join you three?"

Leena Lilac

Leena Lilac
Admin

!WARNING!

Revan, Oliver, Jace: Minimum Word Count for posts is 150 words. (if you got this warning in the 'As It Began' thread, I'm not gonna have it as 2 separate warnings, that would be cruel.)

http://www.rwbyrpg.com

Eliara Caithe

Eliara Caithe
Eli grinned as she was offered the tea and gleefully accepted the steaming cup. She then quickly moved to find a seat in the lecture hall. Finding one somewhere in the middle row of seats overlooking the lecture area. Sitting down she took a sip of the tea. The taste was a bit bitter to her liking, but she was in no mood to complain as she was absolutely parched. The silver haired girl let out a sigh of relief and settled comfortably in her seat.

Another older student entered the room and seemed to recognize Oli and the professor. Though he seemed rather timid with the way he spoke. Eli smiled and nodded at the boy but she was firmly in waiting mode. Her mind drifted, going over various weapon and gadget ideas that she wanted to work on once she was out of classes. Or maybe she could go on a hunt! It's been a while since she beat the tar out of some Grimm, it would be fun! Besides, she needed more Grimm parts to experiment on. She grinned wickedly at the thought and rocked from side to side in her seat, humming to herself.

(OOC: Kinda iffy on the quality of this post, but whatever, I'll figure out my rhythm here soon enough.)

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Oliver looked over and nodded at Jace “Oh hey Jace. Fancy seeing you here.” He smiles to himself. Looking around the room before taking a sip of tea. Finally resting his gaze on Eli’s mischievous smiling. Oliver looked a bit uneasy about the expression on her face but he eventually brushed it off. ‘Wonder what she’s thinking about that’s making her seem so vile… Ah whatever’ Silently Oliver raises an eyebrow at Eli for a brief moment. Before returning to something he’d been working on in the corner of his notebook for the past little while. Sighing as he stared at what he was doing for a minute. Re-sharpening his pencil with his claws he reassessed what he was doing. “Mmmm. Needs a little more shading in the hair…” Oliver mutters only SLIGHTLY aloud as he leaned over and started to wiggle the pencil back and forth across the page with a tight grip on said pencil. From a distance one could CLEARLY tell he was drawing something at this point.

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"A new challenger appears" Winterstone's voice said from behind Jace, in a tone and volume made to make The newest student to enter the class room jump. Revan had teleported behind the new student and waited for a few seconds before walking back down to his desk as he said "Welcome to my class" He once again took a sip out of his sturdy redwood mug making as he reached his desk after pulling that prank three times. "My lecture is starting soon and the students will start to pour in once it does, but right now I have a bit more time to talk.

"My lecture is on semblances and the advanced level of their uses. So if you're just planning on stopping by might as well stay and see what you learn." Revan said as he reached his desk and sat back down. As he sat Revan let his eyes wander around the room, surveying it rather intensely. He wondered how many people would show up before his lecture, as so many, even with the recent influx of students, was odd. He then sat back and took a sip of his tea after checking every part of the room.

(OOC: Just got back from a nearly 16 or 17 hour sleep. Needless to say I was a little tired)

Jace Reaver

Jace Reaver
Jace jumped as he heard Professor Winterstone's voice behind him. As he whirled to face the professor, he lifted his hands and dropped into a guarding stance, frost forming on his hands as the immediate vicinity around him dropped a few degrees. Then he realized it was the professor and immediately scrambled to regain some composure. Seemed Jace was easy to startle.

He cleared his throat and shook his hands, dispelling the frost from them. "My apologies. You must be Professor Winterstone," he said. "I'm Jace, I was hoping I could ask you a few questions before the lecture started?" He went over and took a seat near the professor's desk. "Oh is that tea? Um...would you mind if I had some?..." He did his best to not make the request seem odd, but he did rather like tea. He just hated when it was too hot.

"Anyways, there were two things that I wanted to ask, if you didn't mind. First, would you possibly consider a class on grimm out in the forest? And second...is it normal for someone's semblance to make them averse to certain things?"

Eliara Caithe

Eliara Caithe
Eli was brought out of her thoughts by the professor disappearing from one point and suddenly reappearing in another, behind the newcomer. Teleportation huh? Well everyone has their unique "gifts" I suppose. She thought to herself. Eli was rather wary of semblances per say, even her own. She had her reasons, but she refused to dwell on them, even mentally. She watched with intent as the newcomer introduced himself as Jace and asked about the adverse effects of semblances. Now that certainly was a very interesting question to Eli.

Without much thought given to her words Eli piped out a response. "Why? Does your semblance affect you in some way?" She shrugged. "I mean every person is unique, so it would stand to reason that their semblances and auras would behave differently, externally and internally right?" She then noticed Oli drawing something and immediately got sidetracked. "What'cha got there Oli?"

(OOC: No worries Revan, I don't really get to post till the evenings anyways so if you have to take time to sleep take time to sleep. We're not rushing ya ^.^)

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Oliver looks up in slight surprise. Looking around slightly as he’d been lost in thought. He barely heard Eli ask him what he was drawing. “Uhm. What.. am.. I OH! What am I drawing. I’m just uh… It’s not important. Just kinda. Drawing before things start. Take my mind off it you know?” Oliver smiles slightly. A drawing of someone in an unusual outfit. At closer inspection of the page you can see drawings of original weapon designs and the occasional drawing of the Old White Fang emblem. Oliver sighs slightly as he puts his pencil down. Taking a sip from the tea beside him. Tapping his chin with the pencil he sighs. “So. Any of you guys got any hobbies? I mean. Clearly you can tell mine is drawing. But. It’s just a personal passion of mine. I have no intentions to do anything in terms of a career with it.” Oliver smiles slightly. Returning back to his drawing with his ears slightly perked up after sharpening his pencil with his claws again.

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"Ooh a question on semblances now this is my stuff, but before I go off on that tangent professor Riven is working on a field trip in the forest though I am certain I will end up there one way or another. You should be able to find him in the teachers lounge or his classroom" Revan said "And indeed I have seen certain cases of a semblance causing a fear, dislike, or even cause pain from certain things. Though I can not say how common this actually is, I can say that I most often see it with tangible elements like yours. If an semblance has strong connections to the five basic senses, than it can cause such things to happen.

Revan was practically ranting at this point, but finished an pushed a glass forward "Your tea as you can clearly see everyone else has some mught join the group." Revan chuckled, he was glad that he had stocked up on ingredients because he would be low on tea by the end of the day. Revan heard the comment by Oliver about hobbies and laughed a bit before saying "I like to make new students, like yourself, jump when they first enter my class."

Jace Reaver

Jace Reaver
"Oh, okay, cool," Jace said,seemingly relieved to find out he wasn't some kind of freak with a weird semblance. "I suppose it makes sense that someone with an ice-related semblance would be averse to heat." Jace took the cup of tea, then immediately set it back down, shaking his hand as if he'd been burned, further proving the side effect of his semblance. He then gently tapped the cup, cooling the liquid inside. "Perfect," Jace said, as he sipped from the now lukewarm tea. "Oh, you mentioned Professor Riven might be organizing a possible field trip into the forest? Any idea when that might be?"

He then looked over at Oliver's sketchbook."Oh hey, those are pretty good. Coming up with ideas for alternate forms of your weapon? Or just drawing those for the heck of it?" As he asked, he leaned over a bit to get a better look at the drawings. "I never was a particularly good artist, personally. Tried my hand at it for a little, couldn't really get the hang of it."

Eliara Caithe

Eliara Caithe
Eli listened to the professor talk about how semblances can affect the user's body and mind intently alongside her conversation with Oli. It made sense. Eli chuckled a bit and chimed in. "It's kinda different for different people though. For example... Despite what my semblance is, I rather like sunlight. ...I certainly prefer it to the alternative." With that quip Eli turned her attention back to Oli and his facinating drawings.

"Oooh~! Those weapons look pretty~! I kinda want to build em now~! You wanna test the prototypes? There will only be a slight chance of a malfunction. And even then it should be safe.... relatively.... There will be only a small chance of lacerations, burns, bruises, dismemberment, tearing the fabric of reality, and/or death I promise!" Eli pointed her finger in the air and proclaimed. "It's all in the name of science after all! SCIENCE~! The wheels of progress never stop turning, even over the bodies of the fallen~!" Eli then let out a triumphant laugh.

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Oliver smiled rather nervously. Looking to Eli as she moved about with the energy that she had. 'She kinda reminds me of Sis...' Oliver sits lost in thought for a few seconds. Muttering something about a sister before returning to looking at his page. "No Eli it's fine really. I just draw these for the heck of it. Probably thinking that one day if I either need a backup weapon or want a second one. I could design one up for myself y'know?" Oliver sharpens his pencil before returning back to his drawing. Scribbling away at a White Fang logo on a new page. Oliver sits and stares at the logo for a few minutes. Some sort of reminiscing look on his face. Oliver emits a sort of confused smile which turns to a nervously neutral stare before looking to Eli. "However. Just don't copy any of the notes you see If I do happen to hand you a page of notes with designs on them. Because that's not cool."

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
"You should be able to find professor riven in the teachers lounge if not in his classroom" Revan replied "I'll try to help organize the field trip, but I have." Revan paused in the middle of his sentence, and took the last sip of tea from his hand crafted redwood mug before continuing "Grimm problems." Revan laughed, he made it seem like a joke, but he was actually rather serious in that aspect.

"The lecture is about to start so I suggest you either sit down or step out" Revan said going back to a serious tone. He then began to make another pot of tea just before the lecture started, once again using his own tea formula. He was ready to lecture, but hoped most of all that he would have a fun and interactive lecture. Rather than just him speaking and his students taking notes if paying attention at all.

Sidono Carref

Sidono Carref
Just before Professor Winterstone started Sidono entered the class to see that the faunus from the entrance is in here with him, that made him really irritated. So Sidono had to speak up about this encounter, "Hey faunus male what did you think you were doing earlier today insulting me like that, if I wasen't in a good mood I would of taught you a lesson about respect. Oh and good morning Professor, I do hope I'm not late for my first class of the day. That would put a hamper on my education that I came here to get." Sidono didn't care that he might start a fight with the faunus male, but he did care that he would be taken to the head master, he couldn't afford that to happen.

Jace Reaver

Jace Reaver
Jace noticed the tonal shift in Professor Winterstone's tone, then shifted to one of the seats closer to the middle, as he'd already been sitting in the front row. He than sat silently as he waited for the lecture to start. He was definitely curious to learn more about semblances, and maybe learn a few things about his own, and how to use it more effectively. Currently all he could do was cool down items and create patches of ice for people to slip on. What he really wanted to be able to do was freeze an enemy solid, leaving them defenseless against him and any further attacks. That'd be pretty cool.

Then the cat faunus he and Oliver had run into in the courtyard entered the room and started mouthing off at his friend. Jace didn't take too kindly to that, so he hopped over the desk and walked between the two, giving the cat a rather hard shove backwards. "Back off, prick. That's my friend you're disrespecting, and I don't take kindly when people talk like that to people who don't deserve it," Jace said to the faunus. He didn't normally get as worked up as he was now, but the fact that Sidono not only attempted to start a fight earlier, then walk away as if he'd realized he was in the wrong, then have the gall to come back and start disrespecting his friend, one of the few he had here at Syne, well...his normally calm demeanor melted away as his anger grew. "Maybe instead of confronting him like that, you should think back to how you instigated a fight with a guy who accidentally, let me repeat in case it didn't get through your thick skull the first time, ACCIDENTALLY bumped into and knocked over a faunus girl, who he immediately apologized to." By this point, Jace was practically fuming, he was so angry. "Now either buzz off, sit down, or apologize to my friend, or else this is going to get real ugly." Jace set his hands on his hips, directly above his pistols, as added emphasis, all the while staring the cat faunus down, daring him to try something.

Oliver Balcross

Oliver Balcross
Oliver looked up from his book as he heard commotion. He had a look on his face as if he were a deer caught in a pair of headlights. “Wha?” Oliver turned his head to see Jace and Sidono arguing. ‘Wonderful.’ Oliver sighed. Standing up and walking in between the two. “LOOK!” He shouts at both of them. “This is a classroom. With a Professor present no less. Can we not argue here? Please? Thanks.” Oliver stares down Sidono mainly. He places his hands by his side sitting back down in his seat. Looking to the Professor. “You may start whenever. Just give me a heads up alright Professor?” Oliver smiles his almost trademark smile as he returns to drawing. If one looked over his shoulder one could see he was drawing out an emblem of some sort. One could guess it was probably Oliver’s emblem and he was documenting it for safe-keeping.

Revan Winterstone

Revan Winterstone
Revan watched the argument ensue as if he didn't care, but when Oliver interrupted Revan replied. "Well said Oliver, now gentlemen I'm sure you can have your fun measuring dick sizes outside of my class room." Revan laughed at his comment before filling his glass back up to the top with tea. "Listen I have a policy in my class room about honesty and butt kicking, if you ask for it I have to let you have it. All I'm saying, is that you don't want to ask for it. Now, class is about to begin, so I advise you take a seat." Revan said as the bulk of students began pouring into his lecture hall.

Revan stood and prepared for the lecture triple checking that all of he resources were together. He acted as if the argument was non-existent, but was fully prepared to stop them both had the situation escalated. Revan sipped his tea and turned around before yelling calmly "Everyone take a seat, the lecture is about to begin"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum