You are not connected. Please login or register

Meeting Roommates. (Private w/ Gareth)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Meeting Roommates.   (Private w/ Gareth) Empty Meeting Roommates. (Private w/ Gareth) Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:19 am

Akio Marigold

Akio Marigold
Puer looked around the dorm room satisfied with how he’d unpacked his stuff. Most would assume the childish boy would be a disorganized mess at home, much like an actual child in that he disliked cleaning and often left things messy rather than putting in the effort to keep things tidy. In truth Puer tended to be very clean with his stuff, as he understood the risks of injury as well as the simple fact that being organized helped in his chosen field as a medic. The boy had already unpacked his stuff and cleaned up the slight mess his new roommate had apparently left with some annoyance at the extra work.

After this the childish boy had decided to play a game, and so had pulled one up on his scroll that he’d been playing recently. It was a bit of a childish game, with cartoonish characters and the like. But such a thing was of little consideration to Puer, who didn’t really care for such things. He still wanted to meet his new roommate but apparently, he was out doing something. As such the short boy was more focused on the game and wouldn’t notice if anyone were to come in at this time. His own arrangement of the dorm was much better than it had been arranged previously, now that he was out of the temporary housing he’d been stuck with prior to moving into the school dorms while arrangements were being made and paperwork was being processed.

2Meeting Roommates.   (Private w/ Gareth) Empty Re: Meeting Roommates. (Private w/ Gareth) Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:04 am

generalarin

generalarin
Gareth was a little startled to find his door unlocked. He was pretty sure he locked it. Of course, that was a while ago and he had been in a rush most of the day and gone for the rest of it. He had just gotten back from his mission at the dust mines, which turned into a whole episode. Things turned out surprisingly well, but he was still tired and sore.
Gareth opened his door to find a familiar face sitting at the other desk.
“Uh. Hi?” Gareth said wittily. “I guess you’re my roommate, then?”
Gareth shut the door behind him. Naturally, the staff hadn’t bothered telling him when his roommate was coming (or who it was), just that it was delayed.
Gareth noticed the things he had left a bit scattered while he quickly dug up forms and ran out the door were all in a single pile on his desk, along with other things put away to mystery locations. (He probably wouldn’t be able to find anything for days, but that’s a tomorrow problem.)
“Sorry if it was a bit of a mess,” Gareth said. “I’ve been out all day.” He peeled off his jacket and ignored his soreness as he draped it over the back of his chair.

3Meeting Roommates.   (Private w/ Gareth) Empty Re: Meeting Roommates. (Private w/ Gareth) Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:44 am

Akio Marigold

Akio Marigold
The normal looking guy from the previous day apparently was his new roommate Puer didn’t know how to think about that. He’d put the scroll up when he noticed Gareth had come in, curious to meet his new roommate, only to frown at seeing who it was. As it could have been worse, he’d never been roommates with someone outside of his siblings, and even then, that had been simply due to the volume of siblings he had. Both older and younger, though he looked like the youngest of the group…. Regardless Puer did express his opinion on the matter responding to the guy’s observation with a sarcastic quip. “Wow good job genius.;. Took you three hours less than I thought to figure it out.” Following the remark about the room Puer simply dismissed it. “It was fine, I used to have to clean up after my younger brothers and sisters…” He answered, frowning.

He blinked realizing the taller boy’s state as he noted bruises, the guy looked like he’d gotten his butt kicked, probably by more than one person. “What happened there?” He asked, mostly thinking out loud rather than properly asking, he frowned realizing that his roommate could be hurt. “Hey stupid, let me look you over.” He commented, his mind setting into his more serious medic mindset.

generalarin

generalarin
Gareth rolled his eyes at the sarcasm. He was really too worn out to do some verbal sparring, especially over something so petty. He probably didn’t make the best first impression in the woods, but there wasn’t much to be done about it so late. He emptied his pockets onto his own desk, sorting things he’d need the next day from things he needed to put away later.
He tilted his head when his new roommate said something but went back to putting his things away when it didn’t seem to address him.

Gareth turned around and looked at the short guy properly when he spoke up.
“Hmm?” Gareth glanced at his scrapes and darkening bruises. “Oh. It’s not that bad,” Gareth said almost reflexively. “Just need to sleep it off.” He usually did his best to just shrug off anything that wasn’t damaging or life-threatening. Bruises happened. No need to make a fuss over getting banged up. Just complain a little and move on with your life.

Akio Marigold

Akio Marigold
Puer gave the moron an incredulous look before shaking his head. He wasn’t the type to take no for an answer, and in fact was only motivated to be more insistent at the dismissal of the injuries. “Are you stupid?” He asked and answered shaking his head. “you could easily be more injured than you think, you take any hits to the head?” he asked clinically. All the while trying to usher the other guy to sit down so he could look at the injuries.

There was just as much a chance he was being overbearing, but it was better to be safe. He realized that neither of them knew each other’s names and while he’d been admittedly less than friendly so far it might be better to be at least somewhat civil given he was stuck with this guy. “I’m Puer by the way, since we should probably get to know each other…”

generalarin

generalarin
Gareth was rather taken off guard by his new roommate’s fierce and sudden insistence on checking him over.
“Uh, just clocked a couple times,” Gareth reported honestly. He sat down at the guy’s direction, not really knowing what else to do. He was still a little bewildered by the attention. He’d just as soon just rub some dirt on it and if it did turn out to be bad, then he’d just take it easy a day or two and let it recover on its own. (Doctor visits were a hassle and he always had work to do.) “I’m fine, though.”
Gareth patiently waited through his impromptu checkup.
He grinned at his roommate’s statement. “Yeah, we kinda skipped over that, didn’t we? Gareth.”
“Do you always put your roommates through a medical exam?” Gareth asked with good humor. He was still pretty wiped but could wait out the surprise inspection.

7Meeting Roommates.   (Private w/ Gareth) Empty Re: Meeting Roommates. (Private w/ Gareth) Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:01 pm

Akio Marigold

Akio Marigold
Puer nodded at the admission, glad at least the guy had been honest, even if a mark on his face kind of gave the fact away already. “Did you even think you might have a concussion? No headaches? Blurred vision” he asked, still in “Medic mode.” For a few minutes before switching back to the whole meeting the person thing.

“Only when they come in after getting their butts kicked.” He commented noting Gareth’s name mentally. He looked into the guy’s eyes for a moment to see if there was any sort of strangeness such as dilation, making a face at the fact that Gareth was just brushing off the injury. “you aren’t an academic major, are you?” He asked flatly giving the guy a look. His injuries didn’t seem necessarily serious, mostly bruises and scrapes, not surprising given most serious injury would have been prevented by his aura.

“Do you always go around getting beat up?” He asked at the guy’s own quip. Finally deciding if there was any severe injury it probably wasn’t anything worse than a concussion after his few minutes of scrutiny.

8Meeting Roommates.   (Private w/ Gareth) Empty Re: Meeting Roommates. (Private w/ Gareth) Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:03 am

generalarin

generalarin

Gareth shrugged with good humor at Puer’s retort to questioning the medical exam.
“Just the usual punched-in-the-face soreness,” Gareth said lightly to Puer’s questions. Really, he was just banged up. It wasn’t like he was bleeding or dizzy or slurring his words or anything. He tried saying so again.
Gareth made a bit of a face at Puer’s comment. “Dust major,” he said, deciding to answer it like it was an actual question instead of the implied insult.

“Not on purpose…” Gareth replied, not quite able to deny he did, in fact get hurt a lot. It wasn’t even due to clumsiness or being unobservant or anything. He was just exceptionally unlucky. That’s really the only way he could explain it.
“I’m going to take a shot in the dark and guess you’re a Med major.” He couldn’t decide if it would be a blessing or a curse to be roomed with a medic. (not to mention one he didn’t get off on the right foot with.) Either way, it was pretty much right in line with his usual brand of luck.

Akio Marigold

Akio Marigold
“I’m sure you’re used to it.” Puer said, he found the conversation somewhat frustrating, but at the same time the guy was amusing…no that was obviously just pity, yeah that was it Puer just pitied this guy for being so stupid. It didn’t sound like he had a concussion at least, Puer noted that the guy’s pupils weren’t dilated.

“Alright well I guess you didn’t hurt yourself to bad then.” Puer decided to realize he didn’t know much about this guy, but he really didn’t seem the type to enroll in a huntsman academy. “Yep, I’m not exactly built for combat, if you haven’t noticed.” Puer answered at the guess at his major. He really didn’t know how to deal with this guy. “How’d you end up here, have a death wish?” Did this guy really get beat up that much, and if that was the case why would he choose to work in a profession that actively fought monsters. “Or do you fight by slamming your face against your opponents fists?”

10Meeting Roommates.   (Private w/ Gareth) Empty Re: Meeting Roommates. (Private w/ Gareth) Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:08 pm

generalarin

generalarin
“I was expecting more of a support role,” Gareth admitted. “Dust and logistics, kinda thing.” He didn’t humor the ‘death wish’ and similar comments. He didn’t remotely have a death wish and would avoid such encounters if circumstances and the universe gave him more options. “I’m not much for fighting,” Gareth said. He could do the battles of wit and words well enough if provoked, but he had a strong distaste for more physical altercations. Aside from not having much experience with fighting, he was pretty gentle at heart and would rather not hurt anyone else. (And he didn’t much like getting hurt himself either…)
Gareth changed the subject. “So I guess you’re just starting out here too, then?” he asked. “I got here like a week ago from an island nearby. So I’m pretty new to the area in general. Are you new here too or are you from here?”

11Meeting Roommates.   (Private w/ Gareth) Empty Re: Meeting Roommates. (Private w/ Gareth) Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Akio Marigold

Akio Marigold
"That's fine, I’m not much for fighting either.” Puer admitted. “Never have been really. It’s why I’m a med student.” The statement was the truth, Puer had never really liked fighting, being more fragile naturally than others, he could do it if he needed to but at the end of the day he wasn’t exactly durable. Without his aura he was rather fragile in general, the fact he wasn’t really predisposed to fighting anyway.

The next question was another lighter one, more getting to know each other stuff, but Puer didn’t have much of a problem with that. “I grew up in Springwood, didn’t really know what else to do so… I just kind of signed up…” The truth was that the decision to sign up for the academy wasn’t an easy one, the fact he had few real prospects had been the main reason for it. Not many people were lining up to hire someone who didn’t even look old enough to date, let alone work and he wasn’t built for physical labor or the like. He did like the medical stuff he’d read up on and had taken to it rather quickly so far. The fact he’d done well on the written test was likely the primary reason he had been accepted in the first place.

12Meeting Roommates.   (Private w/ Gareth) Empty Re: Meeting Roommates. (Private w/ Gareth) Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:02 pm

generalarin

generalarin
Gareth gave a light-hearted smile and shrug. “Seems a solid pick when you don’t know what to do,” Gareth said. “That’s the boat I was in, really.” He adjusted and settled himself in a more comfortable position in the chair. He mused over his own circumstances as he idly talked. “I grew up on a farm, so not exactly the most dramatic background,” he said. He slowed as he mentally stumbled over the fact he talked himself into a corner with what ended up happening with that venue. He didn’t like talking about it much. “Farming, uh. Didn’t really work out.”
Gareth shook his head and shrugged, skipping over it. “So, have you had a lot of classes yet?” Gareth asked. “Mine’s mostly just the dry introduction things.” There was the survival class and Grimm studies that weren’t completely dry, but they hadn’t really started yet either, so he didn’t have a very good idea of what those would be like.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum