You are not connected. Please login or register

On the way to a big, new place...somewhere?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Aria Fitzgerald

Aria Fitzgerald
It had been a long, hard first day. Aria had just been shipped off by her parents and this is to the ideal place she thought she'd be in this time of her life. Her parents had forced her to come here to get serious about a real future carer other then singing. Well, they decided on her becoming a huntress, the girl who couldn't fight anything that well, and here she was, a school just for that. How would she learn about something she was so bad at and so scared to do?

She had gone to the school anyways, prepared to let the school make her into whatever it may. She had walked in the doors, got lost, never found the office they had told her to find, and some girls had cornered her and made fun of her for being a faunus. Something she clearly couldn't change but that doesn't stop anyone from bullying another I guess. After she got away from the mean girls, she ran out the doors and back through the woods which she had walked through when she got lost coming there as well, to find the train. It was somewhere around here but who knew where.

After being lost for the second time, being a whole hour this time, she sat against a tree giving up and began to cry. The day was hopeless and a complete waste. At this point she would have nowhere to sleep tonight if she couldn't find the office or the school. The school year had already started and they were halfway through the year but her mother had called the headmaster and begged. With her family's money they did seem to have a hold on or power, over some. Who knows if that was a factor here but anything to get they're underachieving child out of their sight and swept under a rug was good to them. Her being here was something they could actually brag about. No one had to know how terrible she was. Their friends would think great things about what she would become and how great she must be already but none of this was so. She was terrible, thus being why her mother had begged.

As she sat on the ground in her too pink to get dirty, dress, she smoothed out the wrinkles as she watched droplets of water fall, clouding her sight. She thought upon all the things her parents and siblings had ever thought they had a right to say, all the ways they thought her future she go. None of it made her happy or had anything to do with something she was already good at. Sending her here seemed to be putting her in a boat to sail away with the last remaining hope they had of her future. If this wasn't to work out she wasn't to return home for they didn't want her living off their hard work while she simply adorned it.

Kumori

Kumori
Kumori walked slowly through the heavily dense forest. His eyes continually darting in every direction, his slowed movements hardly bringing his body out of the way the large blue trees. He hardly though of how odd he must have looked, his silver hair white clothes clashing with the colorful woods. Beauty displayed all around him yet his eyes only moved to attempt to dodge the occasional tree. The object his eyes were really set on was a book, a warn down teal color covered in dust. His fingers slowly fumbled through the stained pages, the thick musk pushing into his nose. His entire mind focused on the words, hardly aware of what was going on around him.

His lips moved slowly almost appearing as he spoke as he mirrored the words silently. "Syne's academy most interesting asset is the forest that runs along the island. The forest is home to hundreds of different species of plants and animals. The forest was home to the..." His eyes moved up seeing a nearby tree brushing against it lightly as he changed paths. He wet his lips ready to continue on reading silently to himself when he heard a noise. For the fist time since he entered the forest he truly looked up from his book. He scratched his silver tipped ears lightly. "The trees are blue, odd, and I think I'm lost, good going Du... good going Kumori." Despite his predicament and the atmosphere around him his eyes looked back at his book longingly. Just as his hand raised the pages back into view a drop of rain fell onto the page. Kumori sighed as disgruntled profanities fell from his mouth. His hand closed the books shutting it and tucking it away back his jacket. His eyes admired the beauty of the blue forest, watched how the similar colors could bring life to such a repetitive area. As he walked the rain poring down upon him he saw something different, something pink. He neared the pink object seeing it was a young girl. His voice rasped with hesitation but his curiosity held the better of him. "Are hurt, are you alright, a raining forest seems to be an odd place to cry at."

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd was taking a little stroll around the school to get things off of his mind. He had the chance to meet a lot new people and happy that he was finally at this school after all the work he had put in it. As he was in the courtyard, he saw a girl who seemed in a hurry as she exited the school. She seemed to be going out of the school."Is she running off? Why? Does she not know about the curfew? I need to get her back here or she might get in trouble. Wait!" It seemed that she didn't heard him so he started to run after her despite getting himself in trouble if a teacher was to find students out of the school. He followed the girl until he lost her trace in the forest. "Man to run that fast, she must be a faunus, that's for sure." He took a minute to catch his breath before continuing his search for the girl. Some drop made contact with Lloyd, announcing an incoming rain. After walking for what seemed an hour, Lloyd saw two people, one being the girl he was looking for and the other being another faunus standing near the girl. He seemed kind as he was asking if she was alright. The rain started to pour on the student as Lloyd walked toward them. "Hey, you two, we better get someplace from the rain or me might get drenched." He then walked toward the girl and lend her his coat to protect her. "I've seen a small cave on my way here, we should get there, it's not that far."

Aria Fitzgerald

Aria Fitzgerald
Aria, lost in her thoughts, sat under the tree as she felt a few droplets land on her skin. She looked up hearing a boy come over to her asking if she was alright. As she was about to reply she saw another boy run up to them saying it would pour on them if they didn't run to a ave he knew of nearby. As she stood up, looking at the second boy, she saw him put his jacket out, offering it to her. She took it and put it around her, dusting herself off underneath the jacket.

As they were about to run off, she asked the boy, "A cave? I don't know either of you but if it's going to pour I guess we have no choice then. AI'm surprised your talking to me? Other people at your school seem to dislike me because I'm a faunus. I just don't understand. I've never been around many people who aren't faunus' and I didn't know it would matter so much to some....I'm sorry I shouldn't say any of that. Thank you for your kindness, both of you. Its been a terrible day."

As they began to make their way attempting to run and talk, they searched for this cave that would bring her comfort and keep them dry. While still running, almost out of breath and it already viciously pouring down on them, she looked to the first boy and darted her eyes between the two as she spoke,"My name's Aria, by the way. Aria Fitzgerald. I just began this school today which I can't seem to find anything in..."

Kumori

Kumori
Kumori blinked several times at the girl that stood before him, his golden eyes stared into her tear drenched ones. Before his question could hardly even be heard another man appeared from the odd woods. The man quickly urged him to go to a nearby cave. He bit his lip softly questioning his decision to talk to her, wondering if it was really worth quenching his curiosity. He remained silent as his hand gripped onto the chained book at his side. He honestly didn't care much for the rain, but at the same time he would have continued his walk through the woods without further disruption. For a moment he actually thought about making a distraction and running away but the girl spoke. The word Faunus rung in his mind, it was something he really didn't understand.

He ran with them silent until they reached the cave. His ears moved slightly as he listened to woman's words, already knowing deep down he probably wouldn't understand what their real intent. He spoke again slow, but with more confidence then his last time. "Rain shouldn't ruin your day, it will clear up. So um I'm sure this will sound odd, I'm sort of new to umm... well.. um society. What is a Faunas? And why would people be mean to you for such a thing? I really haven't found the school myself yet either tho." Once hidden from the rains grasp Kumori would retrieve his book from within his coat, while his other hand gripped the one to his side. The book rose until it covered his face only his hair and ears poking out from behind. "My name is Dus... my name is Kumori. "

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
While they were running toward the cave, the girl introduced herself as she seemed surprised by Lloyd's action as a human."The name is Lloyd, it's nice to meet you Aria." Looked toward the boy that still didn't introduce himself as he asked what was a faunus and why were they discriminated. Lloyd had a little smile at the innocent question as he wished he could have heard it more in is life. "Yes, indeed..." did he muttered to himself. As they entered the cave, he asked to both of them: "What is the difference between us? We're all living, have a conscience and feelings. What should make us see each other differently?"He then turned toward the boy exclusively and tried to explain what was the deal with discrimination. "A faunus is an humanoid being with certain animal traits, like your ears and your tail. You are a faunus, Aria is one as well. I'm not a faunus, I'm a human with no animal trait. One of the reason why faunus are discriminated is because they are seen as being closer to actual beast than sentient being, causing them to be feared and hated." He then looked toward Aria as he stopped to see if had made any mistake in his explanation or had forgotten a detail.

Aria Fitzgerald

Aria Fitzgerald
Aria slowly walks into the cave looking around and sits on a rock near the opening, watching the rain. As Kumori finished talking she looks over at him, "Yes, I know. Thank you. I actually like the rain usually. Wait, what did you say? Before you said your name was Kumori?" She looked at him confused, then the other boy started talking and switched her gaze over to him.

Aria looked in awe at the boy, mystified, "So people hate us? Fear....me? But you don't? Peculiar...well thank you for not showing any ignorance toward these lies...I think my parents tried to shelter me from any of this. I'm sure not everyone feels this way..." As she had just become more at ease, relaxed, she heard something in the distance. A loud noise like a limb breaking off.

She stood quickly to her feet, looking through the vigorous droplets petting down in front of them and nothing seems to appear from the outside so she sat back down hoping to calm herself back down and they get to the school soon to dry off.

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Gahhhhhhahhhaaaaa" Richard yawned, stretching from his resting point among a large tree's roots. The lazy faunus hadn't realised quite where the time had gone, having only planned to sleep for five minutes and ending up sleeping for five hours. He had taken a little liberty with the curfew, deciding that napping a little outside school grounds for some peace and quiet would be a nice way to calm himself into not cutting people who interrupted his reading up.

His neck let out a crack as he stood, taking in the air...and realising he was getting soaked. He could hear some people approaching, running past him and into the cave...don't they know about the curfew? He thought to himself, I know I'm out but so many of them? Pretty strange. He listened in on the group in the cave, debating whether or not to approach. On one hand they'd only annoy him on the other... he was getting really wet. "Oi" he called out plodding in, "What're you lot doing out here?"

Kumori

Kumori
Kumori lowered the book ever so lightly as to appear to continue to read as eyes appeared slightly from above. His golden eyes peered of the books they flicked from one of them to the other one each time they talked. His ears peaked twitching lightly as he took in everything that they said, it amazed him he could be so ignorant about something concerning himself. He was a Faunas, a species that people hated because he had ears on top of his head instead on the side. The thought drove him crazy that for so long he could of been ignorant of it all. His blood felt like it boiling being crept into a cave , a new revelation about his own self. His hand gripped tighter on the book the chains grinding against the book. It was hard for him to think straight with everything going on. "Thats stupid, 'Peace can not be achieve by force; it can only be achieved by understanding." If i tear a grim in half that isn't human, whats inside isn't human. How are my insides any different then yours." He knew there was not point talking to this man, that there wasn't anything for him to learn. Everything was a bit much, a bit too soon.

He breathed heavily looking at the girl, his first thought was not to answer. "My name is Kumori and I'm new to this school, that was all." He breathed tiered of all the communication as he hid back behind book. He was still on edge but the book calmed him down. Normally people would find it terribly boring and dreadful but it was new and not scary and that was enough for him. His mouth followed the words. "The trees are..."

Kumori turned opening the chained book, his scythe breaking free from its book form, the white blade aimed at the opening of the cave more importantly a new person to join the caves inhabitants. "Who are you?"

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
It's now that Lloyd realized the weight of the words he had used. By wanting to share an information that sounded so simple to him, it seems that it was different for the two faunus that stood near him. As he heard Kuromi say that all this was stupid, he only nodded still a bit down of what he had said. "My apologies, I shouldn't have said that, I-I..." He started to stutter out of guilt but wanted to complete his apology. "I'm sorry, I should have watched my words. I should have said that human misunderstand faunus, not hate or fear. It is my fault I should have known better and let Aria or at least someone better than me to explain all of this." Lloyd stopped talking as Kuromi stood and unleashed his weapon as he thought that it might have been for him. But quickly he understood that someone was coming. Another student maybe? A short boy entered the cave asking what they were all doing here in the first place. "We are hiding from the rain, you? Just came to join us?"

Aria Fitzgerald

Aria Fitzgerald
Aria looked up seeing another boy join them, immersing from the rain stricken woods. "Oh...uh...were waiting....for the rain....to stop. I'm sorry." She said thinking they were in trouble from the sound of his authority when speaking to them upon his entrance. She sat back down, bringing her tail in front of her and stroking the tip of it, combing her fingers through the fur, to sooth her nerves. She had never been in trouble before but she knew she was hours late to the meeting that was scheduled for her in the hidden office.

As Kumori spoke, sounding as if he were getting more mad by every word he spoke. She leaned back, further in the shadow she had been sitting in, hoping to become hidden and they forget she was there. She didn't know he would be so upset by what her or Lloyd had said and now she was wondering how to stop it. She continued to listen to their discussion and was confused when Kumori didn't continue what he had said. "What about...the trees? I like that book your reading but....the ending isn't quite what you want for the characters I'm sure. Depending on who your rooting for." After she spoke she peered up at the boy awaiting his answer then turned her gaze to Lloyd. "I'm not mad. I don't think you hate us at all. I think most of the others might though..." After she spoke she looked at him with a reassuring smile, hoping he would believe her when she said he hadn't offended her in any way.

As they continued to stay in the cave, Aria's stomach began to growl and it was becoming quite uncomfortable ignoring it now. "Does anyone have any food? I think we've stayed past lunch, the meal before dinner but after lunch, then the snack time, and maybe dinner. How long have we been here?" She had been carrying a bag until this point and had forgotten all about it. She grabbed it by the handles and swung it around to her lap and started digging through it to find any kind of food it may hold. As often as she was hungry, she had probably already ate her full supply of food for the travel. Sitting around made her hungry because all she could do was think of food. She was obsessed. She felt as if she should always be eating something rather then have the urge of hunger when she couldn't eat. Regardless of her big appetite, she maintained a petite figure keeping people wondering where it all went.

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
As Richard saw the scythe form her reached under his scarf, prepared to throw dust straight at the man and counter any assault, "Tad hypocritical going on about how peace cannot be achieved through force and then pulling a weapon on me, is it not Kumori? Besides, you're supposed to give a name before asking, even if I overheard yours. My name is Richard, now put the weapon away before things get too interesting." Richard glared at the armed man, he hadn't made a single threatening movement yet it appeared this man wished to brawl. He would happily fight if that was what he wanted though, good way to wake up.

He then turned to the other occupants, "What're you apologising for? I'm breaking the curfew to, calm down 'ts all good, I just wanted out of the rain as the other boy said... that is if cut first ask questions later here will let me in."

Kumori

Kumori
Kumori's golden eyes narrowed as they peered over the white crescent scythe blade. His lip curled showing his gleaming fangs, as his hand tightening around the scythe's staff. Even after the introduction was made and it seemed as if everyone else was calm and docile, Kumori stood on edge his scythe still drawn. The blade dropped digging into the ground still drawn, eager to be used. Kumori's eyes half peered to the man named Lloyd, "Your definition was fine it was simply not the world I read about, but life isn't a book we can be sure to talk about the book later Aria.." There was sort of brashness behind Richards words that drove out the competitive edge inside him.

After a second of talking to the others Kumori turned his attention back to the new man. He growled lightly the mans words ringing in his mind, a challenge was definite and it took everything inside of him not to accept it physically. His eyes stared deeply into Richard's "A great general wrote " If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known, that we are at all times ready for War' My scythe didn't take off your head so peace stands wouldn't you agree. So what happens if I don't put my weapon away?" Kumori grinned to himself, he was no longer angry about Faunas stereotypes, there was something much more important laid in front of him a challenge. He was surely not afraid of a fight but it would defiantly beg the question of what the mans true intent was. It felt odd that the newest of the guest would be the one to intrigue him the most.

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd felt better, at least a little, after both faunus didn't seemed to hold a grudge against him. The gentle smile Aria gave him was enough to make him understand that he didn't made an enemy out of her. As for Kumori, he wasn't sure since his weapon was still drawn. Even if it was toward him, Lloyd still felt anxious as to whom the strike would be aimed if there was one to be given.

Lloyd then sat on a rock near Aria as he watched the other two having a discussion about how peace can be kept without any war but without inaction either. It seemed to be an interesting conversation as Lloyd thought to himself that both of them could be right. The only thing that he found strange was that something seemed also off, something was missing on both there side of explanation. Kumori said, peace can't be achieved by force, but by understanding, yet he also said by quoting a general that to avoid insult, you have to repel them in order to secure peace. Would you not need to understand those insult and there origin then? As for the new guy who introduced himself as Richard, well, he only said that Kumori was hypocrite for drawing his weapon all that speech about peace.

As Lloyd was lost in his thought, he lost focus as Aria's belly began to growl. Lloyd looked in his backpack while she was asking if anyone had food and he took a sandwich out and give it to her saying that he wasn't hungry and that she could have it. "As for the time, it has been maybe 30 minutes we've been in the cave. Strange, I thought it has been longer than that." did he said while looking at his pocket-watch.

Aria Fitzgerald

Aria Fitzgerald
Aria looked at the man then back and forth between him and Kumori, waiting to see if Kumori would let him come in. "For it isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it." After speaking she nodded her head once to herself almost in pride of what she had come up with to say. It was a quote she remembered from a book she had read. It was quoting someone famous for her words and what she stood for.

As Kumori spoke, saying her name, she looked down a bit frightened to even be on his mind as his weapon was drawn and he still posed a threat to the newest person in their conversation. She was curious to know why he was so threatened by Richard, wondering if maybe he just didn't like sarcasm or people smarting off to him. Richard hadn't come off to be any more nice then Kumori first came off to him but she wondered if he saw anything else that might pose a threat in his mind, to the group.

"Are you-you sure you want to discuss that later? i thought it seemed like a great opportunity right now with the sound of water trickling down from every angle of the forest, the light turning into darkness, and then there's the background of our very own waterfall in the entrance to the cave. You could sit here by me and we discuss it......or not?" She said realizing the fact that she didn't seem to take much attention off Richard so it seemed with them still talking back and forth, talking about mister cut now, talk later or whoever.

She sat trying to think of anything to say to get them to stop for a second, their focus on one another. Richard, why are you out after curfew? It seems a bad time to go for a stroll. Maybe you would like to join our book club? Looking around, thinking of her hunger growing, Lloyd held out a sandwich to Aria whose eyes widened with happiness and joy as she grabbed the food from his hands and graciously hugged him smiling form ear to ear. "Thank you Lloyd. Now I won't starve to death or whittle away to nothing. I packed plenty of food but it seems something peculiar has happened to it all. While speaking of the food, she continued to rummage through her purse and garbage from all the food she had eaten on the way seemed to tumble out, giving her away.

She quickly grabbed the trash shoving it by the handful, back into her purse while looking very embarrassed. Her cheeks began heating up as he blushed as she felt like her secrets just crept out of her bag. It was embarrassing how much she ate but she was so in love with food, she couldn't stop, nor tell herself no. If she ever stopped, her body might get weak. She used so much energy on thinking and going through her thoughts. On that alone, with about 5 different thoughts floating around in her head every minute, she could run a 5k with as much energy as she had mentally. There was no questioning it, she knew her stuff about most things but she liked to also keep that to herself. Sometimes people don't like to know how often their wrong or if they spoke incorrectly.

To change the subject from her purse and all its contents coming out, she said, "Only 30 minutes? I meant to be in my dorm by now, unpacking and reading. That is, assuming my luggage made it here safe. It sent it before me like they said to and if its not there I'll cry. How long till the rain holds up do you think, Lloyd?"

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
Richard let out a yawn as the man lowered his blade. Richard had decided, this man was all bark and no bite. "Looks like I'm not the only one who things you were being a touch hypocritical, one must work at it meaning not draw your weapon at strangers" he nodded, gesturing to the girl in the cave, "And as for that general's peace is it really peace if you are ready for war? Implies that you're turning a blind eye to the chaos just outside your door, waiting until it becomes a real problem to deal with it. It's not true peace if you feel the need to defend yourself" Richard met the man's stare, the claws on his left hand slowly but surely growing out. "As for if you don't put your weapon away well..." A broad smirk grew on his face,"Then conflict will surely break out won't it? I already have the advantage, not only have you shown your weapon but you only have one direction to attack from. Trapped by the cave. I can simply wait for you to approach, I know where the attack will come from."

Richard's ear twitched upon hearing the mere mention of a book, though he doubted he'd fit in a club, "I fell asleep out here last night, that's why I'm here now. Went for a stroll and conked off. Now are you going to let me in or will I just keep arguing with Kumori, I don't like my equipment getting wet."

Kumori

Kumori
Kumori shook his head as his eyes rolled ever so lightly, "Surely you don't understand that quote if that is the conclusion you have come to. The quote simply mentions that the best way to keep peace is to be ready for the worst. A stranger standing at the entrance of a cave is surely one to be aware of, even you said so. I did not draw my weapon at either of them because they stood no chance of harm. You are simply waiting to be killed if you accept every person without a question. We are in a time of war, the school is being attacked, where is the peace. Surly you are not a man of sense if you think that this is peace. I will draw my weapon at anyone i feel like, anyone that could threaten the safety or peace of this cave. I'm glad you at least of the sense you have an advantage, just not one I would believe mattered. We both only have one direction to attack from, yet there are two people you would hopefully have to advert your attacks away from. If you didn't I would only have more reason to remove your head, then again after that it would be quite peaceful again. My scythe shall remain until you break the peace"

Kumori laughed to himself realizing he was basically giving his own monologue not something he was used to doing. More so he realized he was being quite rude to the rest of the people in the cave. His head turned giving Aria a smile as he twirled the scythe in the palm of his hand as breeze slowly found its way coming out of the cave. "The scene is quite perfect isn't it, not that you need a scene to read a book, I was walking the forest before all this reading while trying to find the school. No, right now is not the time for books the im must apologize; unless a certain man decides otherwise. I promise we will make time for it later tho, there is book I would love another avid readers opinion on." Talking about books defiantly got him in the mood to read. Richard as strong headed as he was defiantly didn't move very fast. The scythe still spinning in one hand, he took the other out and opened his other book in his hand. His eyes turned off of Richard and lowered to the book. Although it could be said that he wasn't looking he was most certainly paying attention.

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd was surprised to be hugged for that simple sandwich of his, but he was happy none the less. It has been a while since someone hugged him, for whatever reason. He couldn't stop the small chuckle of his as he saw Aria's emptying itself on the ground. "Someone seems to have a great appetite. I now wonder if that sandwich will suffice." Lloyd gave her a smile hoping she would understand that no harm was meant in this little joke, he just wanted to change the mood of around the cave since the war/peace speech was still going on. He was wondering if he could do something to make them stop since it seemed like Lloyd was the only one not really into books and thus couldn't quote anything. Only his own ideas would come out, which seemed like a good idea except that he didn't know what to say.

Lloyd then looked outside the cave trying to figure out if the rain would stop soon or not. "The sky doesn't look that dark, the rain isn't that strong, it seems like there's a good wing going on..." Lloyd pondered a little on the infos he gathered before saying: "I think, by the looks of it, that we might be here for at least another hour." He looked Aria with a face that said "Sorry, I wished we hadn't need to wait". While looking at Aria, his gave went back and forth between her and Kumori. He waited a little before asking: Can I ask both of you why you were out of the school ground? Because with the curfew we aren't suppose to be here in the first place. Oh and you too I guess..." looking at Richard.

Aria Fitzgerald

Aria Fitzgerald
As Richard spoke, Aira wondered if she had more hurt Kumori's case rather then help it. "I don't think Kumori was being hypocritical, just you have to fight or work to get peace. To achieve it. It isn't something one can come by easily. I only meant to help but my silence would have been better I presume." Aira wanted to let him in but she was more afraid the conflict would then all be focused on her and she wasn't up for a fight. It seemed they wanted to get into a brawl anyway, maybe it would be better to go in the rain and both have no advantage, she thought, but it may be best to keep these thoughts to herself rather then encourage them.

After Kumori mentioned they should discuss some more on books later, wanting her opinion, Aria smiled even bigger thinking of finally finding someone who may love reading just as much as her. She loved talking about books she had read and referring them to others or getting books from people and getting a chance to read another's favorites. It was all very exciting for her and she turned to Lloyd who was smiling at her. "Yeah, I guess I just haven't cleaned my satchel out in awhile. And well, since were going to be here for awhile, how do we get them to stop arguing? I want everyone to be calm and enjoy this place. Its so cute and secret. We should claim this as our secret getaway. Are we far from the school here?"

Aria looked at Lloyd with a curious look now, "I was trying to find the office when people starting acting irrational over my being a faunus then I got lost and now I still have no idea where I am so I can't leave till someone else does. I was supposed to sign in and figure out where I'll be staying and all that, hours ago but now I don't know. It's all very stressful and worrysome." She said feeling concerned for what she'll do after they hopefully figure out how to get back to the school. "Wait why's there a curfew so early? And why are you out here Lloyd? It seems you haven't mentioned that yet...I mean-I was just wondering...not to seem mean or be rude I mean-because I wouldn't want to be mean or hurt anyone's feelings I just.....wondered...", she said trying to make sure she hadn't offended him by asking but realized it came out as more rambling and made her look stupid. Realizing she had begun to go in circles, she looked down, not wanting to face him to see what he thought of her rambling nonsense.

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"You really are all bark and no bite, aren't you? Scared to walk out into the rain perhaps?" Richard sighed, "As for advantages well, if I were to tell you all of them you'd be able to counter. I only stated the obvious ones, trust me I have many more that I've taken into account. As for collateral damage they're hunters in training. They should be able to dodge the odd hit, if not take one or two. And again with that general, saying your prepared for the worst and doing nothing about it till it becomes a real problem is a great excuse for laziness; I'll need to use it more often. Wait till the enemy has their weapon to my throat before fighting back."

He smirked, "You also imply you could remove my head, like to see you try it. Wouldn't end well for you, that said put the weapon away and I won't take yours. I'll just walk into the cave, sit and read quietly, wait for the rain to blow over. You get to keep your whole I drew a weapon and maintained peace thing and I get out the rain. Alternatively you can come out here and fight me, you win I'll leave. I win I'll drag you back to the cave and I'll come in and nap. Either way you don't have to deal with me."

He then looked to the boy who had asked why he was here, "Oh, just got tired of the lockdown and went for a stroll is all. Can't really stretch your legs in there, too many people."

Richard could feel himself getting angrier as the rain trickled down his back, beginning to stare down the taller faunus. Just because he's taller he thinks he's above me, he decided, I'll have to cut him down to size. He could feel winds coming from the weapon, taunting him as they blew more water his way. He already had a way in mind he could be rid of him; even if it would cost the others some inconvenience.

Kumori

Kumori
Kumori's eyes skimmed over the pages, he was simply trying to kill the time until something more interesting happened. He did his best to listen to everything that was said, and yet he was far from interested in the talk of a cease fire. "I was debriefed about the curfew on my way here. It too is my first day, although I have yet been able to see the school. I had heard great stories about these woods and so I decided to have a look around before I headed to the school. My life before this was much more dangerous then the problem that could lurk at the school. " His eyes continued to stay on the book hoping to push Richard into acting, yet it seemed he would do the same. He really did wonder perhaps the man was a master of countering and would wait forever if need be. Finally the words rung through his ears as he heard what he was looking for the challenge!

Kumori's eyes flashed as his mouth formed a rather large fox grin hidden behind the book. His long slender fingers wrapped around the book in his hand shutting it, his fox grin shown to everyone. The second his fingers shut the book his scythe would stop in his hand as the wind would stop as it circled around him. His jacket tossed and turned in the wind his ears struggled to stay perked up on top his head. Despite everything his smile only continued to grow, his white fangs peering clearly through his smile. His eyes narrowed until the man that stood before him simply became a silhouette. Memories flashed into his head, memories of cruel and rigorous training, being pinned into a whole and beaten until he could find his way out. Although he often tried to fool himself into believing he was beyond that way of life, deep down he knew he could never get past it, that these memories would haunt him all the rest of his days. His blood almost felt on fire as it seemed the situation was finally coming into climax. "You say I'm all bark, ohh just wait Ill show you my bite. I simply didn't want to attack an unarmed man, that would be simply of bad taste. So its decided then a competition, I must warn you that I may be new to this school, but I am far from being new to combat." Both his hand held onto the double ended scythe, ready to put all of his prior training into use. In his mind that silhouette was the same he had been fighting most of his life, and he wasn't about loose now.

His head and shoulders dropped as his one end of the scythe held low, the chain coiled around his right arm. The scythe quickly began to spin in his palm, until only the blades could be noticed apart.  Then in a flash it moved soaring toward Richard, Kumori sprinted in the same instant shadowing the blade the chain still connecting the two. Weather the blade hit its mark or missed his hand would be there to catch it, spinning the blade and slamming in into the ground to where he was standing.

Ooc: if we are going to fight perhaps we should go to another topic so as to not cause such a wait

Lloyd Vanheim

Lloyd Vanheim
Lloyd now had the confirmation that Aria wasn't informed about the curfew. As she asked what it was about, he let go of a sigh as now he know that she didn't tried to get in trouble, at least not knowing. As Kumori didn't really explained it while knowing of it, which forced Lloyd to think why he was out of the school ground knowing about it, Lloyde decided to explain it to Aria. "There's a curfew in place since a while because Grimms where sighted on the school ground. If they are some roaming around the school, imagine how many could be lurk in the forest right now." He realized that saying that Grimms could right now be in the forest they are wasn't the best way to reassure her, but he continued as she needed to know the truth, "The curfew forbid the students from leaving the school at any moment without being in the presence of a teacher. Also, students most remain in their dorm from dusk to dawn to prevent any accident at night." He then looked at Aria to see if she had understand and she also asked him why was HE out as well, fully knowing about the curfew. "Well the reason why I was out... It's because of you... did he said while scratching the back of his head knowing how that sounded. "I've only met two other faunus girls beside you and I saw you running away earlier, probably because of those people, and I assumed you were new so I came looking for you so you could avoid getting in trouble.

Lloyd then look back to the two guys who were still at it, except that Kumori seemed in a rather fighty mood and Richard didn't really helped to avoid a fight. Lloyd liked the idea that Aria offered of having a small spot to chill out (Although being outside of school would be somewhat problematic) and he didn't want to see this place destroyed by two faunus clashing inside. Seeing to grin on Kumori's face was enough for Lloyd to understand that he was going to strike first and would not let a fight break here. Lloyd use his semblance to come in between and used it again to repel the blow upward hoping that one of the blade would stick in the ceiling and stop Kumori's offence and avoiding returning the damages back, even if in meant getting hurt in the process. He then looked back and forth to Richard and Kumori while shouting: "Now both of you stop it, and right now! It isn't the time nor the place to fight. Both of you are doing this for nothing. If you want to fight that badly then go outside in the rain. If you want to avoid the rain then both of you stop this nonsense and get in the cave and talk about something else. Lloyd calmed down a little and hoped it would have worked, but stayed on his guard about the two of them to be sure.

OCC: HP=95/100 Aura=170/200

Aria Fitzgerald

Aria Fitzgerald
Aria looked wide-eyed at Kumori after he mentioned his life had been more dangerous then this very moment. Curiosity started to creep within her but it would have to wait. She would have to find another opportunity to get him talking about his life before this school. As Aria watched the two guys get each other more and more angry. She could see how feirce they were becoming, not breaking eye contact to look at one another. It was very intense in this cave and it was about to get bloody the way they talked. She wasn't sure she wanted to be witness to this. Is this what its like going to this school? Is she going to be subjected to do this everyday?

She tried to push the thoughts out of her head. Now was not the time to get worked up about how terrible of a fighter she was. "Lloyd, what are they going to do to all of us for being out? Do you think the grimm will attack us? Wait, so are there not many faunus' at the school?" She felt like she had so many questions but she'd just leave him hose to answer first while she took a breath. She didn't normally talk this much. She usually would watch the other people around her have their own conversations and listen in. Nothing interesting ever happened at her house so she listened to the gossip from the servants that were in charge of upkeep.

"Well thank you, for coming to my rescue I guess.", she said giving him a smile but still feeling guilty because now he'd get in trouble and he was just trying to help her. Well I guess they would be getting even more time together, the whole lot of them. As Lloyd ran over, Aria jumped up from where she had been sitting and put her hands over her mouth afraid they'd turn their attention to him and all their aggression be shown on him, with no mercy.

Richard Lionheart

Richard Lionheart
"Tsk" Richard groaned, having his fun cut short by the boy. He had been prepared to counter mid Kumori mid air and as a result he'd narrowly avoided sticking one of Keyll's blades into the back of his neck. "You're lucky I didn't catch you, I'm not skilled enough to be merciful. One slash would've cut you down a peg." He quickly flicked Keyll back up and under his scarf, hoping the height difference between him and Lloyd had obscured his weapon from Kumori's view.

"Taking it outside's pointless, he'd stab me in the back the instant that I turned. Never give your opponent and advantage you wouldn't take." He leaned, looking around Lloyd, "And before you say you're too honourable for that or some guff that's exactly the lie I'd use. You're lucky he's in the way, I'd have your head in my hands right now."

Richard was lying, the blade itself had been a feint; very fortunately for Lloyd. In his left hand he clutched ice dust, he had been planning to take advantage of the rain for some additional area of effect. He smirked, his feint had left him inside the cave. He was finally on dry ground yet even if his opponent did continue his assault he had retained his advantages. He crouched into a low squat, arms resting on his upper legs. The grin on his mouth remained as he pulled a flask from under his scarf, the smell of Bovril spreading to the surrounding area.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum